PDA

View Full Version : Man City!!! watta load of

Matt x360a
07-19-2011, 01:19 AM
i dont know about any1 else but im getting ever tired of man city, a club that buys it success by poaching all other clubs, when i first heard about man city selling their naming rights i was sickened because all there doing is getting around new rules set in place to stop clubs over spending, now this fifa deal, just another cash cow for the club. Man City, Chelsea, Barca and Real are ruining football, man city+ chelsea = no history, bought success. Im an arsenal fan and this isnt me just being biased but clubs likes arsenal are the pinacle because they are showing that you dont have to spend millions to get great results(obviously not last 6 years) but still constant CL football.

little fact- chelsea have spent more on manger comps in last 5 years thn arsenal have on transfers.

anybody else sick of the money in this game now? cause i know i am

FreeFool
07-19-2011, 12:33 PM
I know what you mean but money doesnt always buy you success. Blackburn were once the big spenders, as were Leeds, so if not managed properly it can go wrong.

As a Liverpool fan i am glad we have invested in the team, we still have to make the footy do the talking.

I agree with your points though, look at some of the big transfers that havent worked out in recent years, plus the compensation payments, makes you wonder how careless these clubs can be, where is the value for money and the intelligent spending?

BIGMatthew182
07-19-2011, 03:19 PM
As a villa fan i have a major disliking off Man City and all buyer clubs. Villa have been forced to sell their best players 4 years running and its just not fair! If you dont get instant success you lose all of your best players.

And Ea seem to be another thing i had respect for but has shown they have a price. I hate Man C as do most Prem fans so 95% off Fifas audience in England will not be happy

US07
07-19-2011, 07:26 PM
Most of Barcelona's players were trained at their academy.
The problem with buying all these 'egotistical' players is that they don't gel together Man City are going crazy with money - buying big players for silly prices and just throwing them in any team and some players would be lucky if they got more than 10 starts in a season (e.g. Roque Santa Cruz). They were lucky to beat Manchester United in the FA Cup Semi-Final, we dominated them in the first half but couldn't find the scoring touch. But hell what do I know I am a United Fan so this is probably biased.http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Sgt Hartman 87
07-19-2011, 07:56 PM
Wont be long before the financial fair play rules come in. i hate city just the same as chelsea. Before money they were mid table cup teams. Its amazing what money can do.

Aaron15
07-20-2011, 04:29 PM
Erm, Swindon Town? They had a sponsor with EA too.

It won't affect the game at all, all it will mean is their stadium will be in...

Maynard EFC93
07-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Totally agree, Manchester City are ruining football, The way they handled the Lescott transfer was a disgrace, Glad the Everton board refuse to do anymore business with them :)

Sgt Hartman 87
07-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Totally agree, Manchester City are ruining football, The way they handled the Lescott transfer was a disgrace, Glad the Everton board refuse to do anymore business with them :)

Remember how they signed Kompany? If i remember rightly he only had about 6 months left on his contract, City come in with a stupid bid of 20 odd million. More money than sense. The owners must think they are playing real life FIFA.

Demolition D
07-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Totally agree! I am Fulham through and through!

BIGMatthew182
07-31-2011, 09:12 PM
Wont be long before the financial fair play rules come in. i hate city just the same as chelsea. Before money they were mid table cup teams. Its amazing what money can do.

I may be wrong but i don't think it will help because:

Income > Out going but if you sell stadium naming rights for 400mil thats 400mil > signing budget + tv rights ect they have 430-450mil income to spend... :( with that they could by Messi out of his contract and Ronaldo too :(

Sgt Hartman 87
08-01-2011, 04:22 PM

if you sell stadium naming rights for 400mil thats 400mil > signing budget + tv rights ect they have 430-450mil income to spend...

Which is exactly what the cheeky bastards have done. If i remember right, our stadium naming rights were nowhere near 400mil

US07
08-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Don't worry soon enough every 'big' club will have filthy rich owners and Man City will be back in Mid Table where they belong, I mean Spurs In my opinion deserved that champion's league spot more than them - they have real quality players; bale, modric, van der vaart etc that cost next to nothing compared to what Man Shity are spending...

Cgwg1993
08-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Remember how they signed Kompany? If i remember rightly he only had about 6 months left on his contract, City come in with a stupid bid of 20 odd million. More money than sense. The owners must think they are playing real life FIFA.

i am a city fan and i do have to admit that we are spending too much money on average players but we have signed some decnt, CHEAP, players over the years. like Kompany. we didnt pay 20 million for him. if you looked it up you find we payed 6 million and he is, in my opinion, citys best player. also hart, englands number 1, we bought from shrewsbury for less than a mill. plus 7 mill for clichcy. not saying we dont pay stupid amounts for players but we dont always do it like people say we do.

Sgt Hartman 87
08-03-2011, 04:20 PM
i am a city fan and i do have to admit that we are spending too much money on average players but we have signed some decnt, CHEAP, players over the years. like Kompany. we didnt pay 20 million for him. if you looked it up you find we payed 6 million and he is, in my opinion, citys best player. also hart, englands number 1, we bought from shrewsbury for less than a mill. plus 7 mill for clichcy. not saying we dont pay stupid amounts for players but we dont always do it like people say we do.

Ok maybe i exaggerated the kompany signing a bit.
adebayor - 20mil
tevez - 25+mil
dzeko - 27mil
ballotelli - 25mil
milner - 25+mil
aguero - 38mil
lescott - 20+mil
silva - 20+mil

Need i go on? Pretty much proves this thread right no?

adriano28
08-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Somebody is angry.

Sgt Hartman 87
08-07-2011, 08:15 AM
Somebody is angry.

Not at all mate, simply proving my initial point...

NinjaSheep2
08-28-2011, 02:58 PM
As a fellow Villa fan i can only agree that they're ruining the english game. When a team has seven strikers adding up to over 150m it's just ridiculous. The career mode would be pointless with them . . . i don't like Balotelli either.

DAYTONAMIKE
08-31-2011, 07:35 PM
It's a joke, but there's absolutely nothing we can do to stop it, I hope they don't bid for Suarez next year...

SpiderPig83
08-31-2011, 09:54 PM
Think we all better get used to it, just imagine how many people online are gonna use them with the squad they have

IXISHADOW
09-01-2011, 03:11 AM

Income > Out going but if you sell stadium naming rights for 400mil thats 400mil > signing budget + tv rights ect they have 430-450mil income to spend... :( with that they could by Messi out of his contract and Ronaldo too :(

Ronaldo's buyout clause is supposedly 1 billion no idea about Messi's.

k2345
09-05-2011, 02:26 PM
After reading this thread I would like to say i am suprised to see the hate towards my team but im not, I have been a man city fan since I was young I have seen the joys of beating Gillingham on penalties & the lows of bieng relegated to the old second division..but I will agree that we do bid over the top for some players and we have had a few who have not shown their full potential. Even after considering all that I will state that I think it is time we had something to celebrate, which has already started with last seasons FA Cup....to be honest I was completly unaware that Man city had signed a deal with EA for the stdium & other assests to be included in FIFA 12.

FIFA 12 Manchester City Trailer - New home kit- Etihad Stadium - YouTube

However I was aware that we had signed a deal with Xbox to Promote our team by adding our home shirt on the xbox avatar marketplace.

http://download.xbox.com/content/images/00000008-fceb-d2e1-c679-a76758580860/1033/thumblg.png (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/AvatarMarketplace?Brand=14266)

BILL1994
09-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Man City, Chelsea, Barca and Real are ruining football,

how in gods name can you say barca are ruining football.. barcelona have the most incredible youth systems in the world and have produced a team (fair enough bought a few big names e.g fabregas and villa etc) but how have they bought their success how can you stick a team like barcelona in the same bracket as man city and chelsea zzzzzzzzzzzz

US07
09-06-2011, 02:33 PM
how in gods name can you say barca are ruining football.. barcelona have the most incredible youth systems in the world and have produced a team (fair enough bought a few big names e.g fabregas and villa etc) but how have they bought their success how can you stick a team like barcelona in the same bracket as man city and chelsea zzzzzzzzzzzz

Plus with fabregas he was origanally part of their youth but then moved to arsenal than back to barcelona.

xTGMx INF3RNO
09-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Agree man city just piss me off.! im a west ham fan and we have shit success. but were still bigger in terms of history then city. yet were forgotten as are arsenal ect. because they play stupid money for players. And man city have the cheek to say there better then united. When there clearly not.

US07
09-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Agree man city just piss me off.! im a west ham fan and we have shit success. but were still bigger in terms of history then city. yet were forgotten as are arsenal ect. because they play stupid money for players. And man city have the cheek to say there better then united. When there clearly not.

Jesus Christ work on your spelling dude. And I agree West Ham shouldn't be forgotten about they will soon be back in the premier league no doubt. Also United all the way:p.

stujarule2504
09-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Tell u what tho they will have some team on fifa12!!:uzi:

xTGMx INF3RNO
09-07-2011, 08:13 AM
Ive seen the ratings for man city players on fifa 12. Lescott is 86! WHAT. But yeah most of them are overrated.

Diamondslugz
09-08-2011, 09:03 AM
Man City all day... getting sick of seeing Man United win it all the time... Money doesnt buy championships but its a nice start... GO CITY;)

PsychicHorns
09-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Well Platini is already going back on his word saying teams might not be kicked out of the champ league if they fail to meet financial fair play rules. Oh and Valencia are in worse debt than any english club and Barcalona needed a bank loan last year to pay players wages. Maybe they stop buying players for 40m and loaning them out a year later.

PsychicHorns
09-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Chelsea finished in the top six for six seasons before sugar daddy came along. Not quite mid table

SemperVerus
09-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Also we (chelsea) finished 4th and got in the CL before Roman bought the club. Probably why he didnt buy Spuds!

Maynard EFC93
09-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Ive seen the ratings for man city players on fifa 12. Lescott is 86! WHAT. But yeah most of them are overrated.

WHAT!

so I'm assuming Jagielka will be 90 odd overall... Seeing as he's twice the player Lescott is.

Sgt Hartman 87
09-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Chelsea finished in the top six for six seasons before sugar daddy came along. Not quite mid table

Slight exaggeration but you get my point!

SlySi1976
09-12-2011, 08:16 PM
Im with u there, I'm also an arsenal fan. Man city in my house are now called arsenal rejects. Hate them and the traitor players. What ever happened to living the team u play for, it's all about money now. Nasri clichy, toure adebeyor you can all kiss my ass and I wish shawcross could mess one or two them up...

Toffeemanc
09-14-2011, 10:21 AM
After reading this thread it just summarises everything that is wrong with the modern game and the premier league in particular.
Football used to be a game for the working class man to turn up and watch on a Saturday afternoon. These people now have to watch it all on Sky after being priced out of what has now become nothing more than a corporate entertainment business.
I opted out of paying over inflated prices etc. in favour of watching real football every week in the football league.
Cheap affordable football and a good day out not spoilt by all the diving and play acting of the Premiershite prima donnas and the corporate businesses they play for.

As a season ticket holder at Rochdale, Man city buying our players isn't something I have to worry about, but I can see why fans of other clubs with less cash would feel aggrieved. Its a situation in the football league that clubs come up against all the time where they want a player but just can't afford the wages the player demands and therefore miss out on the player.

John SWFC
09-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Also we (chelsea) finished 4th and got in the CL before Roman bought the club. Probably why he didnt buy Spuds!

And weren't you on the verge of administration with massive debts under Bates before Roman bailed you out?

I used to like Man City, they had some great fans who were regularly let down by their team, just like us (Wednesday), but with this unlimited cash they've lost their soul. In fact for a long time in the 80s and 90s Wednesday were on a par with or better than Chelsea and City, but whilst they've landed on their feet we've just rotted for over a decade, to the point when we're getting battered by the likes of Exeter and Stevenage.

FreeFool
09-14-2011, 12:48 PM
After reading this thread it just summarises everything that is wrong with the modern game and the premier league in particular.
Football used to be a game for the working class man to turn up and watch on a Saturday afternoon. These people now have to watch it all on Sky after being priced out of what has now become nothing more than a corporate entertainment business.
I opted out of paying over inflated prices etc. in favour of watching real football every week in the football league.
Cheap affordable football and a good day out not spoilt by all the diving and play acting of the Premiershite prima donnas and the corporate businesses they play for.

As a season ticket holder at Rochdale, Man city buying our players isn't something I have to worry about, but I can see why fans of other clubs with less cash would feel aggrieved. Its a situation in the football league that clubs come up against all the time where they want a player but just can't afford the wages the player demands and therefore miss out on the player.

I think this will then turn second tier of clubs attentions to buying in to youth and unknown talent rather than splashing the cash on known/established players. More emphasis on scouting etc.

At the end of the day, in England, there are Man U, City and Chelski, who buy who they want. Thats a max of 60-75 players or so in the world. So the other clubs should be able to attract excellent talent outside of that pool of players.

ThunderStorm101
09-14-2011, 04:30 PM
One day, hopefully soon the owners of Man City and Chelsea will turn around to there mokey butlers and say "This grows tiresom, take them to the south pole and make them dance for my own enjoyment" then Man City and Chelsea will no longer exist just like their history