PDA

View Full Version : Dead Island

lasvegaspinballhalloffame
07-19-2011, 09:11 PM
Is this gonna be worth getting? Or is it just a shameless L4D/Dead Rising rip off?

RufftyMan
07-19-2011, 09:31 PM
Watch the videos, read previews. Unfortunately nobody is going to be able to give you a definitive answer, you'll just have to decide for yourself.

Personally, I'll be picking this up day 1 as I love all things zombie and to me, it's looking pretty damned good.

lasvegaspinballhalloffame
07-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Is it a team based situation?

merzitar
07-19-2011, 09:44 PM
I pre-ordered it today. I've been interested in this game since it was announced back in like 2008. I don't think it's team-based fully, but there is multi-player... I think.

Liam 83
07-19-2011, 11:05 PM
Its going to hard not to borrow other ideas from great Zombie games when they work well, the main concept is different with it being an open world but it does look a lot like L4D, that's not such a bad thing IMO, being able to create combo weapons is just like Dead Rising 2 but again that's a good thing, if you were going to make the best Zombie game out there then your gonna want the best ideas, me personally would love this type of game in a Fallout world with more focus on RPG still with the drop in and drop out 4 player Co op.

Im getting this game for sure just hope they keep it alive with lots of DLC.

Baddluckinc
07-20-2011, 08:14 AM
I have had it pre-ordered for sometime now and picking it up first day, feel free to add me for some online Zombie Bashing!

Starstrukk X360A
07-20-2011, 08:25 AM
I am so playing it.

Daiphyer.
07-20-2011, 09:33 AM
I think it's pretty damn sweet. Far Cry's open world and Dead Rising's zombies? Sign me up.

TAI JASON
07-20-2011, 10:05 AM
I got big hopes for the game, the best thing is the 4 player co-op with friends, i love such games.

Now the only thing that could be shit, is the big island itself, i hope you got enough different missions to do then kill 40 ours Zombies and the game is over. Borderlands show how boring such game design can be.

Letīs wait and cross fingers. Graphics are good, but Far Cry showed that this is not the importent fact.

TheGrt14Real
07-20-2011, 10:44 AM
This game will be awesome. Forget about L4D and Dead Rising. Great games in their own right. Neither one got it perfect though. L4D had co-op but was too confined. Start here - End here. With Friends. Dead Rising had all the customization you could want. By yourself. This game looks and sounds like it could be the whole package. Only two things worry me. 1- If you have watched the extensive videos on IGN (If not-go do so now. They are very nice.) You may have noticed that the console was having some trouble in the frame rate and textures dept. This needs to be fixed. And 2 - Who is this developer? I think it's their first time trying on the big boy pants.

mrasskicker
07-20-2011, 11:15 AM
no, im not buying this game, mainly because my money is limited and i can hardly buy like 4 more games, which are going to be MW3, Assassins Creed Revelations, Batman arkham city and maybe Gears of War 3. i think id rather buy My horse and me 2 than Dead Island anyway...

ZedChuva
07-20-2011, 11:29 AM
So far off my radar now, it's not even a blip.

From everything I've seen/read, it's Dead Rising meets Borderlands meets Fallout 3 = me REALLY not giving a turd.

Such high hopes from their initial "teaser" trailer, but once the first game play footage came out, I just stepped back. Just not my type of game.

It's on my "one day down the road used, if my buddy I game with most picks it up".

DanxerWolfe
07-20-2011, 11:34 AM
I will be picking it up even if it can never live up to it's emotional trailer.
I also think it looks rather pretty.
Nothing like watching the trees sway gently in the breeze after penetrating a living corpse's head with a nail bat. Sigh.

TheGrt14Real
07-21-2011, 06:16 AM
Nothing like watching the trees sway gently in the breeze after penetrating a living corpse's head with a nail bat. Sigh.

Nice comment. I found that very amusing.

FeatherbottomMR
07-21-2011, 06:23 AM
looks good.. if you love killing zombies might as well get it.....

Axel 360
07-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Its going to hard not to borrow other ideas from great Zombie games when they work well, the main concept is different with it being an open world but it does look a lot like L4D, that's not such a bad thing IMO, being able to create combo weapons is just like Dead Rising 2 but again that's a good thing, if you were going to make the best Zombie game out there then your gonna want the best ideas, me personally would love this type of game in a Fallout world with more focus on RPG still with the drop in and drop out 4 player Co op.

Im getting this game for sure just hope they keep it alive with lots of DLC.

Could not agree more. Will never understand why people make such a business about similarities on the industry. Not all games are going to be innovations and new stuff, and thanks Crom, I like to take a new game having not play ever and automatically know lots of stuff about gameplay or structure.

Yes, the thing can go crazy when you go the store and there are 10 new games, been 8 of them a clone. But itīs your choice to select and buy those you want. And anyway, I donīt think Dead Island is a clone of nothing, it may have similarities with other games, but the result itīs not a 100% clone of BOrderlands or Fallout or any other game people mention, all of those have their own spirit, as this will prove to have, of that Iīm sure.

xKRAIZEEMANx
07-21-2011, 04:27 PM
I love me some Zombies, and this game looks really good. Will probably go preorder this tomorrow after work.