PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else find this game extremely frustrating?

DJ RJester
07-20-2011, 12:32 PM
I'm starting to feel like I wish I never put this game in my computer. This game for the most part is a easy game but trying to get a gold medal in all events can be extremely frustrating as it seems like it is down to pure luck a lot of the time with you being infront till about 5 seconds left and then you end up 3rd with more takedowns than anyone else in the dogfights.
Is anyone else getting frustrated with it?

keung
08-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Yeah, I think this game is quite terrible. I regret picking it up, because this frustration is soon gonna cost me a controller or ten. There are so many things that annoy the crap out of me, I can't even imagine what the dev's were thinking.

1. When the opponent is flying around and around me when I'm trying to turn around to finish them off. I always have to boost away and turn to try to get 'em. But of course, when that happens, they boost after me and start turning around me again.

2. In dogfights I manage to get one opponent down to ~10% health. What happens? One of my "teammates" finishes them off.

3. The arrow indicators are useless! Their only purpose seems to be confusing me to bits.

4. Races? What the heck am I racing with? And what are the oppo using? It's like driving a bicycle versus 1000cc motorcycles. No wonder they think I'm a "great pilot" when I win a race 1 / 10 times...

5. Unskippable cut-scenes? Unskippable dialogues? Oh come on, those are hands down the worst kind of games.

Gah! I know venting doesn't really help, I just have to suck it up and keep trying. But darn it feels good.

DarthRandalNC
09-12-2011, 04:47 AM
Just started playing this myself and the scoring system makes no sense. I had seven kills while everyone else on the map only had two. Yet, because apparently they made more contact with their shots I ended up getting 3rd place.

There are a myriad of questions I would love to ask the devs if I could get them one on one. I know I can 1000 it, but I don't understand why it has to be such a pain in the ass. It's supposedly a "kid's game", right? If so, what kid do you know that would play this single player and not have his/her first experience of throwing controllers in frustration?

brownstar ninja
12-12-2011, 07:08 AM
The level rock the ragnarok, it took me 13 mins the first time cuz they don't even try to hang around me, they hide and then when i find them, THAT'S WHEN they cirlce around me, while i'm turning...:confused:

Sigmund666
01-10-2012, 05:20 PM
It is frustrating at times, yes. Especially those fighting missions (I believe they're called Dogfights) can be a pain on some maps. In some maps you make quick kills. I had times that I had enough time and points and I was number #1, just to be ranked #2 in mere seconds when some CPU used the pink sattelite thingie!

One tip you have to keep in mind:

Explore levels in quickplay, untill you know the locations for the most damaging weapons (those pink sattelite thingies are perfect for making multiple kills), the twin guns, or the green laser thing. Also upgrade to lvl2 or 3 planes whenever possible.