PDA

View Full Version : fear, fear files

monzie192
07-20-2011, 02:30 PM
i know this is unrelated but does
anyone play the original fear or fear files? they are much better although i do have 1000 for fear 3 :uzi:

ReD S1X
07-21-2011, 05:50 AM
I honestly will say it's more fun to play F3AR than FEAR and FEAR FILES not because of achievements,but because it's fun; dumb fun to be precise and it's one of the fun FEAR ever (though weak horror elements which it had been since FEAR being predictable) and short (at least no copy-paste levels like FEAR).

axeuup
08-01-2011, 02:47 PM
fear files was a complete piece of garbage. it felt like it was a combination of all the things they cut from other games then threw together to make a quick buck. besides that dump they took this franchise is pretty solid

Sebehk
08-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Yeah Fear Files was OK. Luckily I grabbed it for $13.00 at Gamestop.

Pyr0sa
08-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Disclaimer: I didn't bother with Files.

(best to worst)
Combat: FEAR -> F3AR -> FEAR2

Story: FEAR2 ("Elementary" is one of my all-time favorite concept levels EVER... the projector/one-off recording FTW!) -> FEAR -> F3AR

Plain old fun: F3AR (scoring, co-op, great set-pieces, and 2 char.classes) -> FEAR2 (great set-pieces) -> FEAR

IMHO...

wolvieware
08-21-2011, 05:36 PM
FEAR has been the best one I think so far, in that it has the best balance of atmosphere and combat. It also has the most original scares too. But I didn't think Fear Files was that bad - and the way the second part of that package linked to the original game was really cool. I've only just started Fear 3, but it seems ok so far.

DOBOYX2
08-24-2011, 04:45 AM
Fear is the best, my reasoning for this is because the story was easier to follow and then 2 and 3 and also it has better scares. Lastly, I LOVE Alma and she appears in this game more than she does in 2 & 3 combined. Thats not to say 2 or 3 wasn't good though. I enjoyed playing them both especially Fear 3. Files was just more of the 1st game since it played the exact same so it was good too.

Ayeven
09-23-2011, 09:03 PM
Yeah, FEAR definitely had the best scares, especially with the limited flashlight ! But the console graphics reminded me of my old PS1. As for FEAR 2, I think they did a great job in continuing the story, graphics were sweet and gameplay was great fun ! Unfortunately, F3AR is not a good sequel. Even though the gameplay is intense (especially in coop), I found the Psychic powers and weird monsters a bit out of place ... Not to mention the story was totally f*cked up ! I am not looking forward to FE4R !