PDA

View Full Version : Fix the recoil

Hoborg
07-21-2011, 07:49 PM
Please for the love of god nerf the insanely unstable recoil mechanic. I don't know if I want to buy this game because it's so hard for FPS newbies. I don't play many FPS religiously so I am not the most accurate shooter. The recoil is just absurd, if you point your crosshair on enemy and start shooting you virtually lose control of the gun and you have to manually refocus it on a mobile and ambulant enemy. It's absurdly hard for someone who just wants to pick up and play once in a while.

This is one reason why CoD beats the crap out of this game, the design-mistakes are patent. I don't care if it's going for ultra-realism, that's not what I want from a video-game.

Please fix.

Vegaskingz
07-21-2011, 07:54 PM
Fair enough. But I suppose thats just the way battlefield games are designed, so you will have to burst fire your weapon instead of holding down the trigger. Have you tried that?
With a little bit of practice, the recoil is manageable. Sure, its no MW2 ACR but with a little practice and time with the weapons, you can handle the recoil.

CIF
07-21-2011, 09:08 PM
So every shooter with recoil on machine guns is designed wrong? I'm trying to think of an FPS that DOESN'T have that. The only way it's "absurd" is because the distance you engage enemies is regularly larger than other games.

Don't hold down the trigger as much?

Warfighter1000
07-21-2011, 10:16 PM
I like lots of recoil, it adds an authentic feel to the guns.

Tatanko
07-22-2011, 04:32 AM
I honestly don't feel like the recoil is that bad on most guns in this game. Certainly not much more than Call of Duty, which you're comparing it to.

Nothing needs fixed, because nothing here is broken (not the recoil, anyway).

Burnout x360a
07-22-2011, 07:45 AM
I haven't had a problem with it, it's set up very well.

Burst firing is key, you can kill people cross map with the first SMG just by tapping the trigger.

Majica8
07-22-2011, 10:26 AM
It's called realism.

Tatanko
07-22-2011, 02:21 PM
It's called realism.
*Restrains himself from making a COD comment* :Angel

Burnout x360a
07-22-2011, 02:25 PM
*Restrains himself from making a COD comment* :Angel

Go ahead :p It's funny when people play MW2 and get used to laser accuracy then try Battlefield out and wonder why cross map full auto doesn't work ;)

Tatanko
07-22-2011, 02:55 PM
Go ahead :p It's funny when people play MW2 and get used to laser accuracy then try Battlefield out and wonder why cross map full auto doesn't work ;)
...and then decide that Battlefield sucks because it's "too hard to play" and "needs fixed". Oh wait, I think we just described the OP! I'm just sick of so-called casual gamers bitching about Battlefield because they can't handle it. Grow a pair already or go back to playing kiddy games.

Hoborg
07-22-2011, 04:59 PM
Realism? Oooo the irony. It's killing me. This is the same game that has a guy tank 4-5 seconds of machine gun fire without dropping. How's that for realism? Battlefield has potential but it can't beat CoD because it's simply too laborious.

Grey Delta
07-22-2011, 05:07 PM
Please for the love of god nerf the insanely unstable recoil mechanic. I don't know if I want to buy this game because it's so hard for FPS newbies. I don't play many FPS religiously so I am not the most accurate shooter. The recoil is just absurd, if you point your crosshair on enemy and start shooting you virtually lose control of the gun and you have to manually refocus it on a mobile and ambulant enemy. It's absurdly hard for someone who just wants to pick up and play once in a while.

This is one reason why CoD beats the crap out of this game, the design-mistakes are patent. I don't care if it's going for ultra-realism, that's not what I want from a video-game.

Please fix.

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/8956/notsureifseriousa.jpg

Burnout x360a
07-22-2011, 05:10 PM
Realism? Oooo the irony. It's killing me. This is the same game that has a guy tank 4-5 seconds of machine gun fire without dropping. How's that for realism? Battlefield has potential but it can't beat CoD because it's simply too laborious.

Laborious?

That's only because people come over from Call of Duty, expect everything to be easy to get into but the problem is they don't put the effort in, probably because they are all (or mainly) the young kids that don't understand why they can't fully auto across the map and just leave and bitch about it.

If you actually put the time and effort in to understanding and learning the game, then the recoil will be of little concern.

Grey Delta
07-22-2011, 05:17 PM
Successful troll is successful

Sgt Hartman 87
07-22-2011, 06:05 PM
This is one reason why CoD beats the crap out of this game,Please fix.

Go back to CoD and stay there then... Simples. Dont mean to sound like a dick but as someone above said, if you cant handle it...

Kaiyo
07-22-2011, 08:10 PM
OMG its a fuking troll...

TTD187
07-23-2011, 01:30 AM

interest in or concern for the actual or real, as distinguished from the abstract, speculative, etc.

Know any other games more realistic than BF3? The game has realism, end of story.

Minty
07-23-2011, 01:37 AM
http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/members/spike-albums-misc-picture2346-do-not-feed-trolls.jpg