PDA

View Full Version : MK Suit Quests !*!(Possible Spoilers)!*!

Grimfel
07-22-2011, 05:53 AM
Hey all,
So I am trying to do the quest to get the stealthsuit fully upgraded.
When you get to the final one it is where you need to disable the robots without being detected. I am able to sneak up to them, behind them and then.... NOTHING... I figured if I could get behind them they would give me the option to disable. But no... I can't remember if there was a quest tracker telling me where to go, but am I missing something? Is there a central hub where I can shut them all down? Does it have to do with the fact that I have a stealth boy active? Or is it just glitched?
I know it's not an achievement, but I just want to be a completionist.

Thanks all!

WarNev3rChanges
07-22-2011, 03:42 PM
are you just sneaking up behind them, or are you sneaking up and pressing A?

if you're in the correct test, then there are quest markers for each robot. there's no central hub, and i have no idea if the stealth boy matters (the suit brought my skill up to 100, so i didn't use one).

PenderPowguin
07-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Where do you get the Key to even get into the Test Lab? Do I need that frequency from X-8 to open the blue force fields?

WarNev3rChanges
07-22-2011, 03:47 PM
you need a key/code to get in to the final test in x-8, but i think you just get the suit and activate the test selection computer for the stealth tests in x-13.

edit: you need the sonic emitter upgrade from x-8 to open a force field in the first room of x-13 to get the key code to run the final tests in x-8.

PenderPowguin
07-22-2011, 03:50 PM
you need a key/code to get in to the final text in x-8, but i think you just get the suit and activate the test selection computer for the stealth tests in x-13.

I'll try it again, but, I believe the door required a key to enter? I had searched through out the entire facility, looking for some sort of key. I read the computers, hoping for some sort of clue. I just assumed since some of the information on the computers named the frequency that disabled the force fields, that perhaps I needed to get it from X-8, return to X-13 and open that small room that has the field on it. I thought perhaps the key was in there?

I'll try the computer in front of the door again in a little bit. Thanks.

Grimfel
07-22-2011, 03:54 PM
I'll try it again, but, I believe the door required a key to enter? I had searched through out the entire facility, looking for some sort of key. I read the computers, hoping for some sort of clue. I just assumed since some of the information on the computers named the frequency that disabled the force fields, that perhaps I needed to get it from X-8, return to X-13 and open that small room that has the field on it. I thought perhaps the key was in there?

I'll try the computer in front of the door again in a little bit. Thanks.

The door to get to the tests has a little computer off to the right side. It is not obvious and isn't one of the green screen ones. It is more of a bluish keypad. Look at the door, look down to your right. That will unlock the door to the testing area. Just make sure you have the full suit otherwise the quests will glitch is what I heard.

As to the blue force fields. You have to have the proper calibration on that gun, and you get that from doing all the X-8 quests. Without going into too much detail, (unless you want me to) that blue door DOES have a key, but it is for a different area. Not the stealth suit testing area.

Thanks War. I'll give it another shot. I thought I had the right test picked. Maybe not. Also, I walked up behind them and there was no prompt.. that was what confused me. Anyways, thanks and I'll give it a shot!

WarNev3rChanges
07-22-2011, 04:01 PM
okay, i'm a little confused about which tests we're talking about now. correct me if i'm wrong: grimfel is asking about the tests in x-13, and pender is asking about the tests in x-8/the sonic emitter upgrade?

BBDrew84
07-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Thanks War. I'll give it another shot. I thought I had the right test picked. Maybe not. Also, I walked up behind them and there was no prompt.. that was what confused me. Anyways, thanks and I'll give it a shot!

I just finished this quest. You got the idea. Just make sure you are crouched or sneaking and get up to them and press A. I dont even think I had to get super close to them just start pressing a when they are in your crosshairs and a dialog box should prompt.

xCGIx PUNISHER
07-22-2011, 05:36 PM
Is it possible that you need the perk that allows you to sneak up and disable robots? Seems plausible that you would need a sneak perk first before you could fully upgrade the best Sneak Armor in the game.

WarNev3rChanges
07-22-2011, 05:43 PM
Is it possible that you need the perk that allows you to sneak up and disable robots? Seems plausible that you would need a sneak perk first before you could fully upgrade the best Sneak Armor in the game.

i didn't have that. never take that perk because i suck at sneaking, so the robots always see me before i even know they're there.

yeah, it seems plausible, but in this case, it wasn't necessary.

PenderPowguin
07-22-2011, 08:30 PM

I don't know about X-8, but I have the robotics expert perk (also grants 25% extra damage to robots, nice to have around these parts), and you cannot shut down the robots in the training sequence. Because they're not actually hostile.

Grimfel, thanks, I found the little panel next to the door, D'oh! Should've looked closer, I suppose.

Grimfel
07-22-2011, 11:26 PM
Awesome Pender! Glad I could help... I actually wandered around for about 40 minutes before finding the panel... so yeah... D'oh! Indeed.

Just wanted to confirm that you just need to sneak up and press :abut:
There is no prompt or anything telling you to press :abut: ... just walk up and start doing it. It will then ask you if you want to disable it. Say yes, and *BAM* you're done... =D

PenderPowguin
07-22-2011, 11:46 PM
Awesome Pender! Glad I could help... I actually wandered around for about 40 minutes before finding the panel... so yeah... D'oh! Indeed.

Just wanted to confirm that you just need to sneak up and press :abut:
There is no prompt or anything telling you to press :abut: ... just walk up and start doing it. It will then ask you if you want to disable it. Say yes, and *BAM* you're done... =D

This works for the robots at X-13? Or are you talking about X-8 (I haven't been to X-8 yet) but I could've swore I tried it on the friendly robo'z at X-13 with no avail? Guess I gotta try it again!

Grimfel
07-23-2011, 11:51 AM
This works for the robots at X-13? Or are you talking about X-8 (I haven't been to X-8 yet) but I could've swore I tried it on the friendly robo'z at X-13 with no avail? Guess I gotta try it again!

X-13

You have to be doing the specific quest for it. The last test for the suit involves shutting down the robots. That is the only time you can do it as far as I know.

-Side Note:
If you have the Light Step perk the proximity mines will not be triggered in that test making it an even easier walk in the parK!

PenderPowguin
07-23-2011, 02:25 PM
X-13

You have to be doing the specific quest for it. The last test for the suit involves shutting down the robots. That is the only time you can do it as far as I know.

-Side Note:
If you have the Light Step perk the proximity mines will not be triggered in that test making it an even easier walk in the parK!

Oh, okay, right on. I am only on the test in which there are laser trip beams, and proximity alarms. I decided to move on to other quests and come back to this one :).

WarNev3rChanges
07-23-2011, 05:25 PM

oh, freaking awesome. i used to take that perk all the time, but decided against it on this playthrough. had to do the proximity mine part like five times. saving during the test helps though.

Grimfel
07-24-2011, 04:44 AM
oh, freaking awesome. i used to take that perk all the time, but decided against it on this playthrough. had to do the proximity mine part like five times. saving during the test helps though.

hahahah! Sorry War... ;)

That was the first time I have ever taken that perk and it was the last one I took. It was sooooooo easy.

Mr Yac
07-26-2011, 04:28 AM
i was a litle dissapointed the suit didn't upgrade further, was really hoping it would've added the cloaked ability when sneaking that the Chinese stealth armor from Operation Anchorage gave.....plus the damn thing made me addicted to Med-X because it kept pumping me full of it whenever i'd get hit :p

Dz06lt
07-31-2011, 01:57 AM
yeah i got addicted to med ex too