PDA

View Full Version : Advice

Jellybean468
07-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Madcatz : Super Street Fighter IV FightPad - T. Hawk: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

Found this, it's within my price range and I am more tempted by a fightpad than a fightstick because I use the D-Pad rather than the stick. Would you say go for it or leave it?

Plym
07-22-2011, 03:08 PM
It's what I use (the Cammy one) and I use it for all my fighting and even Arcade games. It's perfect!
I can't really do quarter circles on sticks, I find it never comes out.

Jakez123
07-22-2011, 08:39 PM
no point unless your dedicated, its only worth the money if your committed

Jellybean468
07-22-2011, 10:51 PM
no point unless your dedicated, its only worth the money if your committed

Oh I am haha, I play for at least 3-4 hours a day :p

Jakez123
07-24-2011, 11:09 AM
Oh I am haha, I play for at least 3-4 hours a day :p

i mean to learn every combo again with the arcade pad, considering that you play for many hours already don't you have muscle memory for your combos, cause if you do it will be hard trying to re-learn it on a stick since you'll be used to do it on a controller and not a pad. I understand they are both controllers but for example turbo controllers are pads but they have different dimensions from a normal xbox360 controller therefore it feels weird and im assuming its the same with this.

3-4 hours is sufficient, but i'm assuming your buying this to make yourself better so be prepared to go through rough times and hopefully you wont quit out after buying he pad cause you'll waste your money.

good luck i guess

Plym
07-24-2011, 11:10 AM
It's not a stick, did you even read the first post?

Jakez123
07-24-2011, 11:12 AM
you caught me before i edited my post i mean 1 minute after i posted it was insane, and here i was hoping no one read it until i edited it, but hey its fixed now =)

Plym
07-24-2011, 11:19 AM
you caught me before i edited my post i mean 1 minute after i posted it was insane, and here i was hoping no one read it until i edited it, but hey its fixed now =) It now makes no sense, a fightpad is nothing like a stick. You've just wrote the same post but edited 'stick' to 'pad'.

Ignore this guy Jellybean, if you ever used a Mega Drive/SNES controller, then you will feel right at home with this fightpad.

Jakez123
07-24-2011, 12:11 PM
Plym, i respect your work for various games but if your having trouble to comprehend what im saying then i'll break it down step by step.

i mean to learn every combo again with the arcade pad, considering that you play for many hours already don't you have muscle memory for your combos, cause if you do it will be hard trying to re-learn it on a stick since you'll be used to do it on a controller and not a pad. I understand they are both controllers but for example turbo controllers are pads but they have different dimensions from a normal xbox360 controller therefore it feels weird and im assuming its the same with this.

what i'm saying here is that jellybean plays for countless hours, therefore when you play repetitively or for a long time on a controller you become accustomed to it, when changing your controller to a fight pad the fight pad does NOT have the same size and dimensions as a normal xbox 360 controller, all im saying is that the rapid change from 2 sizes will feel weird to jelly bean because the controller is a different size and he will be accustomed to the normal xbox360 controller

3-4 hours is sufficient, but i'm assuming your buying this to make yourself better so be prepared to go through rough times and hopefully you wont quit out after buying he pad cause you'll waste your money.

and here im simply saying that if your determined to get better then prepare to become worse then slowly get better and make sure not to give up early or he will waste 32

Now plym, tell me what doesnt make sense?

Jakez123
07-24-2011, 12:16 PM
Plym, i respect your work for various games but if your having trouble to comprehend what im saying then i'll break it down step by step.

what i'm saying here is that jellybean plays for countless hours, therefore when you play repetitively or for a long time on a controller you become accustomed to it, when changing your controller to a fight pad the fight pad does NOT have the same size and dimensions as a normal xbox 360 controller, all im saying is that the rapid change from 2 sizes will feel weird to jelly bean because the controller is a different size.

and here im simply saying that if your determined to get better then prepare to become worse then slowly get better and make sur enot to give up early or he will waste 32

Now plym, tell me what doesnt make sense?

Plym
07-24-2011, 12:21 PM
All of it.

Changing from Xbox controller to stick is not the same as changing from Xbox controller to madcatz fightpad.
I understand you wrote your post with the view of changing to stick and then editing it but the same analogy doesn't apply.

Jakez123
07-24-2011, 12:28 PM
the principals still stand the change will affect you, for example i play marvel vs capcom 3 on the xbox360 but when i play it on the ps3 my combos are sluggish because i haven't adapted to the change.

I could tell you honestly jellybean, if you were to buy the fight pad you will get WORSE before you get BETTER, take it from my experience the transition is still there.

Captain K
07-28-2011, 08:29 AM
The Madcatz pads are nice, I'm quite happy with mine.

Sampson
08-02-2011, 02:00 AM
I don't know! It's really up to you if you want to spend your money. If you really want it and believe that it's gonna be a wise investment then go for it!