View Full Version : Game prices in US dollars for 360 games in Germany

07-12-2007, 10:49 PM
I am getting station in Ramstein and would like to know the prices for games in Germany. And if anyone is stationed at Ramstein does the BX get the new games within the first week they are released.

07-12-2007, 11:04 PM
Just go to amazon.de and you can get a rough price. I just checked and it is between 50-70 euros depending on the game, you could just import games instead.

07-13-2007, 01:21 AM
i coule give you an estimate in about 2 weeks time but you would have already found out by then. I could use this information too because i am going to Germany on the 24th for 2 weeks and i might want to buy a couple of games if i can find them in the right format

07-13-2007, 04:31 AM
Germany has rather tight laws concerning games (green blood, enemies must be zombies or something), and they like to dub them. (eww).

In europe you can always use play.com and blahdvd.com or such, If you are not in much of a hurry. They have new games from 40e upwards. If you're staying long enough that is.

07-13-2007, 11:21 AM
The German law concerning games is indeed very tight. The problem with the games you'll have over here is that they WONT work on your 360. Snoop Dog found that out when he visited Amsterdam and wanted to play games. He brought his own 360 but the games here didn't work. Gamekings (a tv-show about games) gave him one of their 360's.

Keep that in mind.

Prices range from 55 tot 65 euro's for a new game, and most of the time they're about a week behind the US. Don't know how it goes in Ramstein, but thats the case for almost all of western europe.

07-15-2007, 01:31 PM
Hey man. I work at the SATCOM building on Ramstein ... the prices at the bx suck... the ramstein bx has had the same 4 games for the past 3 months... and the other base near by does get in some new releases as soon as they come out but not as many as in the states... drop me a line and I'll help you out when you get here...

07-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Here's the deal on games. Buy them online, rent them online. It's really that simple.

I'm in Baumholder right now and of coarse Gamefly sends to APO addresses so I do that, but buying games I do entirely online. I go to www.ebgames.com (http://www.ebgames.com) or if you really want a deal go to www.half.com (http://www.half.com) . The PX/BX's over here suck, maybe Vogelway or Ramstein, but that's it and don't waste your time or money buying games on the economy. If all else fails, ask your squad leader.