PDA

View Full Version : Who is Ulysses ?

Clericking
07-23-2011, 11:00 PM
Just wondering what everyone thinks regarding his motivations and past I know its unfeasible but i think it would be really cool if he turned out to be the Lone Wanderer as he has no fixed face and no hint to what he did after Broken steel just he talks about awakening america he might of developed a hero complex in regards to awakening america after helping the capital wasteland what do you guys think ?

KirbyTheAlmighty
07-23-2011, 11:11 PM
When you say "no fixed face", do you mean that we don't know what he looks like?
Because we kind of do.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110603140508/fallout/images/7/78/UlyssesConceptArt.png

Inebriated Jedi
07-23-2011, 11:22 PM
He's also on the playing cards that came with the CE of the game. He was actually supposed to be a companion, but he was scrapped at the last minute.

Boo47
07-24-2011, 05:05 AM
Ulysses also owned Wolfhorn Ranch before he abandoned it.

roflkatz
07-24-2011, 07:00 AM
Ulysses also owned Wolfhorn Ranch before he abandoned it.

Really?Where did you find this?

Darth Obnox
07-24-2011, 09:57 AM
After finding some of the recordings of Ulysses in Old World Blues (in the hidden "Ulysses' Point" cave you can find a conversation between him and the scribe from Dead Money) I sort of get the impression that he's disillusioned with people and groups clinging to the pre-war culture. It makes sense in a way because the NCR, Legion, Brotherhood, etc are all, for better or worse, obssessed with rebuilding/preserving some aspect of the previous civilization. Ulysses might take more of a view that something very different and new should be built in place of the old world, rather than have people clinging to the ruins and old cultural totems.

Boo47
07-24-2011, 10:25 PM
Really?Where did you find this?

The official strategy guide says it, and so does the wiki.

Zombiedrd
07-25-2011, 06:31 AM
I think there is a previous relationship with our Courier as well. Our memories before Benny shot us were lost, but Ulysses seems to know the Courier

KNIGHTOFSERA
07-25-2011, 07:43 AM
I think there is a previous relationship with our Courier as well. Our memories before Benny shot us were lost, but Ulysses seems to know the Courier

Well he is the one who passed on the Platinum chip courier job purposely because he saw the couriers name on the list

So there is definitely something there

Darkforce412
09-24-2011, 03:37 AM
Just wondering what everyone thinks regarding his motivations and past I know its unfeasible but i think it would be really cool if he turned out to be the Lone Wanderer as he has no fixed face and no hint to what he did after Broken steel just he talks about awakening america he might of developed a hero complex in regards to awakening america after helping the capital wasteland what do you guys think ?\

hes some black guy that talks VERY SLOOOOOOW!!!!!!

Maynard EFC93
09-25-2011, 07:31 PM
Play Lonesome Road and you'll get your answers.

ShinAkuma
09-28-2011, 07:41 AM
\

hes some black guy that talks VERY SLOOOOOOW!!!!!!
This.
It's for dramatic purposes so it's explained lmao