PDA

View Full Version : Gold Medal tips?

P1TTMAN
07-24-2011, 07:33 AM
I'm just trying to get this Gold medal, and then never play the game again. ;)
The highest score I remember getting during the spring was about 14-16k.. somewhere in there, anyway.. which was, coincidentally, the last game of Spring Texas Heat I played. :p
Just played this game for a while tonight, and consistently got silver medals; highest score around 13k. How are people getting 20k plus? <-- [not a rhetorical question, but an actual question directed to those who have already gotten this achievement]
If I'm having a really good game-- against all AI; real people take way to damn' long to do anything-- and my luck actually holds out for the entire show, I could manage 15k or so and barely scrape into the bottom of the gold bracket. So, yeah, I'm just looking for an easier way.
Do you go all in every hand? That just seems like it would backfire really often.
Do you fold every hand? Doesn't seem like that would give enough points.
Do you need to have a hell of a lot of friends playing at the same time? I can spam random friend requests, but only a couple of my actual friends bought or play this game.

simmias
07-27-2011, 12:04 PM
I was lucky enough to get a gold last night in the first session I tried. Unfortunately, I was with all real players the whole tournament, but I still got it. Maybe this game has been fixed so that you only play against real people? My score was really low (11k?), but that was good enough for like 450th place out of 4000+. The highest score was only like 17k.

I think the basic strategy for real people games is to just see a lot of hands and either fold for the smart fold or stay in if you think you have the hand. I think you also get an XP bump if you hang around for the second tournament.

For the all AI tables, they're a breeze. I got my gold in the Spring on an all AI table in my first tournament game by just raising every street until either the AI all folded, until I got called down knowing I'd win, or until I folded on the river and hopefully picked up a smart fold. Play every hand against the AI, no matter what. I was getting the winning streak XP on almost every hand.

Good luck! I hope to hell they don't make a fall or winter DLC.

shockerizgod
07-28-2011, 12:40 AM
i got them both season. best bet is to go for xp thats how i had gotten them. also chips is helpful. fold a lot and go in on hands you think works. AI is easy to bluff but sometimes hard to work againstr