PDA

View Full Version : El Gigante at crossroad

boomdizzle 2
07-24-2011, 10:08 PM
I just played this game for the first time on the ps2 with my friend and I was wondering at the part right after you get ashley and you are at the cross roads, I went right and found the giant. I shot the post with the big rock on it a second to early and the rock landed right in front of him. He quickly smashed it, and came at me. I ran under his legs with ashley, and ran to the for side of the tunnel to find a door with chains on it. I decided it was locked and tried my best to kill it and put god knows how many bullets into him untill I ran out and he killed me. is there an easier way to get past him? Also, Is it better when the thing comes out of his back to unload on it or climb up and knife it?

Veedrock
07-24-2011, 10:13 PM
You can destroy the lock with your gun or knife and keep running for the exit. I think you might be able to lure Gigante into charging through that wall, but my memory may be playing trick on me.

It's definitely better to knife the emerged Plaga, unless you have a powerful gun (like a magnum). It's not worth shooting with a pistol and then knifing, as you'd end up climbing up 3 times regardless.

boomdizzle 2
07-25-2011, 03:09 PM
also, is it easier to go that way or the other way?

Btw, I hate fighting game trials too, only thing keeping me from my 1K in MvC3 :(

IanPrime
07-26-2011, 03:04 AM
Without the Chicago Typewriter, take the other way, and make Ashley hide in the dumpster. Also, watch out for the Chainsaw guys...

boomdizzle 2
07-26-2011, 07:27 PM
Without the Chicago Typewriter, take the other way, and make Ashley hide in the dumpster. Also, watch out for the Chainsaw guys...
you're telling me it would be easier to fight a bunch of enemys and chainsaw guys then that one giant?

Gor1lla
07-27-2011, 07:16 AM
you're telling me it would be easier to fight a bunch of enemys and chainsaw guys then that one giant?
Nope, what he is trying to tell you is, that it is easier to fight 2 chainsaw women at once than being chased by el gigante :D

imo el gigante was easier with "normal" weapons

Lucky XIVI
08-11-2011, 02:18 AM
Playing RE4 on GC as we speak. Left path is the chainsaw sisters and a lot of Ganados. Easy. Right path is even easier with El Gigante. Lure him under that big ass rock, unload into it when he is under it. Boom. Death.

It's actually better to go both paths to get all the money/collectibles from both sides.

With the left path you wanna kill all Ganados before jumping into the pit to make the sisters spawn. When they spawn you want to run all the way back to where the entrance is so they can only come one way. Run at them and when they start to swing, move back to dodge, shoot them in the face, kick them. Knife their body, repeat.

(Also the run at and move back thing as soon as they attack for any enemy in this game is a lifesaver, can fight on chainsaw guys with knife only, anybody. Move in, move back, move back in while they recover and knife their face and kick em.)

Edit: If you need help wondering where the rock is, start running from him turn around and you'll see Ashley standing there staring at it lol.