PDA

View Full Version : Sparkler

WeemanNewYork
07-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Sparkler will be released on Thursday, and will cost 240msp.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/25/avatar-kinect-sits-down-wi... (http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/25/avatar-kinect-sits-down-wi...)

[Waggly Bean]
07-25-2011, 08:01 PM
I read this earlier, and while I figured they would probably start charging for these sooner or later, I'm pretty disgusted that:
1) they're doing it already.
2) it's as much as 240MSP. These apps should be 80-100MSP tops!

I like the idea of Fun Labs as a tool to see what kinds of things the technology can do, but so far I've used each app maybe two times. I'm not about to fork out for something that gives me less than an hours enjoyment!

I was kind of hoping they would keep them all free (although let me assure you I didn't assume they would) as a way of enticing people into getting Kinect.
ie "hey look at all this free stuff you can get - if only you had a Kinect, right?" :p

TVthePunisher
07-25-2011, 08:10 PM
Charging for 8 achievements worth 50 points? I don't think so...unless this game has 200 GS attached to it, it should stay free...AS IT HAS BEEN. Now if they want to charge Silver Members (no offense), they can...as I heard Avatar Kinect is FREE for 45 days for THEM but indefinitely for Gold Members.

I M1K3Y B I
07-25-2011, 11:55 PM
I'm not happy that they are going to charge for the last one.

Whats worse is i know i will end up paying for it :(

RIIIPPER
07-26-2011, 10:31 PM
"I was kind of hoping they would keep them all free (although let me assure you I didn't assume they would) as a way of enticing people into getting Kinect.
ie "hey look at all this free stuff you can get - if only you had a Kinect, right?"

I fully agree with the above -- I've actually had a couple of friends complain because they couldn't try these out, especially since they were free.

Sparkler looks kinda neat, but as I really haven't gotten any money's worth out of the other Kinect Labs "apps", I doubt I'll buy this one unless it really impresses me or I have lots of points laying around.

Jacob514
07-27-2011, 04:18 AM
Free would be great, but its only 3 dollars. Most 200 point games are now 15 dollars so if you want to figure it out by GS its actually cheaper per point(assuming its worth 50GS). If you don't like the fact that you have to pay for it let them know by not getting it and only playing the free ones.

CuddlyREDRUM
07-31-2011, 12:35 AM
Can't believe they released this while Fun Labs is still broken.

TAI JASON
08-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Can't believe they released this while Fun Labs is still broken.

This...

And i canīt believe they want money for this crap. What the....:mad:

Sonic0967
08-02-2011, 05:30 PM
This...

And i canīt believe they want money for this crap. What the....:mad:

Agreed. After 3 hours of trying to download BaB and Bobblehead I finally stayed connected long enough to start the download:woop:. Then after it locked up I just went to my download history and had it redownload in my queue without having to worry about the hub locking up.
PITA! They need to fix it!

Nick The Great
08-18-2011, 09:29 PM
I am disappointed also that they charged for this... I actually passed on it for that reason alone... I'm sure it is neat, but only interesting for a very short period of time like the other tech demos... Can't imagine paying for any of these Fun Labs games...blah!

marklynx
08-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Anyone that actually bought this can let us know if it is actually worth the 240? Is it really that much better than the rest of them that were released?

Ryot Control
08-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Anyone that actually bought this can let us know if it is actually worth the 240? Is it really that much better than the rest of them that were released?

You realistically play it for points for about 30 minutes. It's probably the most amusing of all the fun lab apps, so you might go back to play this to amuse friends and family. It's got replay value.

marklynx
08-26-2011, 01:06 PM
You realistically play it for points for about 30 minutes. It's probably the most amusing of all the fun lab apps, so you might go back to play this to amuse friends and family. It's got replay value.

Ok cool, thanks. I may give it a try.

Purified666
08-26-2011, 02:46 PM
meh, i just buy them, i dont care they are 240 msp, it's always fun when friends come over :)

Garfiun
08-27-2011, 07:47 PM
I bought it andits crap atleast its easy.

I M1K3Y B I
09-13-2011, 03:07 PM
I've paid alot more for DLC with less content than this in the past.

I'm looking at you EA :mad: