PDA

View Full Version : Why the $20 price drop before release?

osakamitsu
07-26-2011, 06:20 PM
So is this turning into a budget title? Gamestop had this listed for $60 and not that price has a strike through and its says $39.99.... Im looking forward to this so i hope that isnt a hint at the quality.

Burnout x360a
07-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Price always change with titles before release, usually the retailer is trying to be competitive. It's in no way a hint at a titles quality.

osakamitsu
07-26-2011, 08:51 PM
I sure hope its not turning into a budget title. This game looks great.

Captain Andreas
08-29-2011, 06:46 AM
not sure, but after seeing this topic i checked amazon out and it's 39.99 there so i pre-ordered it for sure.

drugamer
08-29-2011, 07:38 AM
It's that whole MSRP thing...Like how Anime volume suggested prices are at $59.99 for one volume where as it is only sold at $29.99...It's not a triple A title so things like this can happen...It could be a way to convince people to buy it as it wouldn't be as hard on the wallet!

rsxdelerium
09-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Would also make sense to drop the price to get the people who would like to get the game, but are saving for all the november releases. It seems like good sales strategy if anything.

AirborneRichard
09-28-2011, 05:14 PM
The thing is that in all the big game releases this month and next month games like these having a hard time finding ppl who buy this. The Cursed Crusade never made itself stand out in terms of press releases or commercial material. But whoever likes games set in medieval times def love this, best you can play on-line co-op aswell split-screen co-op. The price here in europe (germany) is 59,99 euro, because funny enought its not out yet in gamestores in Holland, let alone that most gamestores i called even had it in their computer system.
But as i said its def worth picking it up if you like the setting and period this game is playing in. Its basicly a hack & slash game, but its still alot of fun. I,m kinda supriced there is already a road and achievements guide up here lol! Its just been released the 28th here.

Mikeyspinkick
12-14-2011, 05:37 PM
Gamestop had a sale last week where you could pick up The Cursed Crusade for $19.99. Got my copy for $12.50. For $12, I think it's worth getting (not to mention I like me some Atlas)