PDA

View Full Version : So how many maps will there be?

Cooljoe
07-27-2011, 06:43 AM
Just curious.

ODST Kayne
07-27-2011, 07:15 AM
I don't think they've announced the exact number yet. So far we have the 4 from the demo, and maybe one or two they announced that I'm unaware of, but the exact number is still a mystery. I think.

KNIGHTOFSERA
07-27-2011, 08:50 AM
"According to Epic Game’s Rod Fergusson, who was recently interviewed (http://gears3blog.com/2011/06/gears-of-war-3-e3-interview/), Epic still hasn’t decided on how many multiplayer maps Gears of War 3 will ship with. However, Fergusson did point out that there will be at least as many multiplayer maps in Gears of War 3 as there were in previous Gears of War games, which is always good to know. Both Gears of War 1 and 2 shipped with 10 multiplayer maps."

http://gears3blog.com/2011/06/gears-of-war-3-to-ship-with-at-least-as-many-mp-maps-as-previous-gears-games/

and maybe we'll get a free flashback map pack too like gears 2, who knows....but when the inevitable dlc maps come I hope they take the dark corners approach, because that was a good amount of stuff for the price

MASS DOMINATION
07-27-2011, 09:16 AM
There are at least 12 confirmed maps:
-Checkout
-Trenches
-Old Town
-Thrashball
-Overpass
-Mercy
-Sandbar
-Hotel
-Dry dock
-Gridlock (night)
along with 2 more maps seen in videos that I don't know the name of.

Pixo
07-27-2011, 09:21 PM
There are at least 12 confirmed maps:
-Checkout
-Trenches
-Old Town
-Thrashball
-Overpass
-Mercy
-Sandbar
-Hotel
-Dry dock
-Gridlock (night)
along with 2 more maps seen in videos that I don't know the name of.
Azura and Rustlung. I think thats all we're getting on release.

MASS DOMINATION
07-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Azura and Rustlung. I think thats all we're getting on release.

Yup, I recognize those names now. Thanks.
Azura looks especially pretty. Hopefully it becomes the next River or Blooddrive.

GunLucky
07-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Trenches was my favourite map on the Beta. I'm glad they're bringing back gridlock too!

tremberz
07-28-2011, 08:26 PM
I thought they were bringing back four maps from Gears 1/2? Clocktower and Gridlock being two of them.

HalfEVILmonkey
07-29-2011, 12:35 AM
I thought they were bringing back four maps from Gears 1/2? Clocktower and Gridlock being two of them.

tremberz is definitely right on Gridlock, because I definitely saw some YouTube footage with Bernie "Boomer-Lady" playing on Gridlock, but that may be some kind of Flashback map pack like they did with Gears 2.

Looking forward to some Gears MP, tremberz...just save some kills for us noobs.

Verdinial
07-29-2011, 12:45 AM
Somewhere on the internet my friend saw a video in which had the ending, and the online menus with the maps, look it up and I'm sure you'll find it. I didn't look at it though because I didn't want any spoilers.