PDA

View Full Version : If you haven't...

TRoW WAR GMRoW
07-27-2011, 07:26 PM
watched or downloaded the strap it on video... do it now.
I hope most of you people realize that they're pretty much rebooting the series but still holding to some of the over the top nonsense.

OT: The video kicks ass' ;)

DarkCrown
07-28-2011, 01:20 PM
strap it on video?

DEG23
07-29-2011, 02:56 AM
I have to say, this game is starting to grab my attention. I never played the first 2 but as much as i loved the cinematic, gritty experience of GTA4 i did miss the over the top, insane gameplay.

Might have to check this one out, it's just a shame it's coming out so close to Skyrim:(

mjc0961
07-29-2011, 10:28 AM
I hope most of you people realize that they're pretty much rebooting the seriesI don't think rebooting means what you think it means. Last time I checked, at the end of Saints Row 2, the Saints had taken over all of Stilwater and pretty much crushed Ultor so that they weren't a threat either. Now at the start of Saints Row The Third, the Saints are still on top of the world in Stilwater and are branching out to Steelport to fuck up the Syndicate because the Syndicate is trying to fuck them up.

That is not a reboot. That is a direct sequel.

strap it on video?
Based in YouTube results, he probably means the Power trailer.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-8538-Saints-Row--The-Third--Power--Trailer-Hits-the-Club-With-a-Release-Date.html

Nothing suggesting a reboot in that or any other trailer, though.

H0p3sfalL
07-29-2011, 11:56 AM
I didnt nor will I:asslol.

TRoW WAR GMRoW
07-29-2011, 07:46 PM
I don't think rebooting means what you think it means. Last time I checked, at the end of Saints Row 2, the Saints had taken over all of Stilwater and pretty much crushed Ultor so that they weren't a threat either. Now at the start of Saints Row The Third, the Saints are still on top of the world in Stilwater and are branching out to Steelport to fuck up the Syndicate because the Syndicate is trying to fuck them up.

That is not a reboot. That is a direct sequel.

Based in YouTube results, he probably means the Power trailer.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-8538-Saints-Row--The-Third--Power--Trailer-Hits-the-Club-With-a-Release-Date.html

Nothing suggesting a reboot in that or any other trailer, though.

I'm going to try to track down the video I watched and it had the Game director and a few devs saying that saints the third was made how the first and 2nd should have been made.

mjc0961
07-29-2011, 11:12 PM
I'm going to try to track down the video I watched and it had the Game director and a few devs saying that saints the third was made how the first and 2nd should have been made.Still wouldn't make it a reboot though. They probably mean that they're further refining the game to a level of quality that they also wanted for the first two games but couldn't reach before.

Rebooting is when you basically start a franchise over and ignore most, if not all, of what happened in older titles. Look at Tomb Raider for a good example. First there were all those PS1 games of varying quality. Then they rebooted with Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld and those are the only three games in that particular series of Tomb Raider, and none of the other PS1 games (aside from the first which Anniversary was a remake of) are part of it.

Saints Row The Third is not doing that. It's clearly continuing on from the events of the first two games as a sequel.

Jiga.Puzzle.5
08-17-2011, 12:05 AM
I'm pretty sure one of the designers did call it a "reboot", but it would appear it's the same old Saints Row with just new features and a branch out to Steelport.

He may have just used a bad choice of words.

Reaper of War
08-26-2011, 05:30 PM
The video is awesome. And yeah I saw the insider xbox video with the developers saying this was a chance to reboot the series even though it's a sequel. Bad yeah, poor choice in words. You're right and wrong... kinda.