PDA

View Full Version : Is DH2 worth buying?

nicidee
07-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Just curious, because I was EXTREMELY disappointed in DH1. I never played the earlier HP games (1-4) because they didn't make them for 360 and that's the only system I have. But I thoroughly enjoyed Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince, so I am hoping that DH2 takes it back to that style of gameplay rather than the pile of crap that was Deathly Hallows 1 (which to me felt more like a first-person-shooter than action/adventure).

So I just wanted to ask what people thought of the game itself before going out and blindly buying. Still not sure if I'm going to bother trying to finish DH1, or just take it back to GameStop since I'm still within the 7-day window...

LoIQ
07-28-2011, 05:32 PM
Just curious, because I was EXTREMELY disappointed in DH1. I never played the earlier HP games (1-4) because they didn't make them for 360 and that's the only system I have. But I thoroughly enjoyed Order of the Phoenix and Half-Blood Prince, so I am hoping that DH2 takes it back to that style of gameplay rather than the pile of crap that was Deathly Hallows 1 (which to me felt more like a first-person-shooter than action/adventure).

So I just wanted to ask what people thought of the game itself before going out and blindly buying. Still not sure if I'm going to bother trying to finish DH1, or just take it back to GameStop since I'm still within the 7-day window...

"Worth buying?" I'd say definitely no. It's very short & very easy. I'm not a Harry Potter fan, but I really don't think there's much replay value. I haven't played any of the previous games, but if you say you don't like DH1 because there's no action/adventure & more fps then you won't like this one. It's very much an fps. Go watch some gameplay videos on youtube or wherever & you'll see exactly how the whole game plays.

That said, it's worth a rental.

Cully
07-28-2011, 10:55 PM
Nope, but VERY worth a rental.

It's fun, but short.

Verdinial
07-28-2011, 11:57 PM
Give it a rent, 5 days is all it takes.

Foxxy kyle
07-29-2011, 12:54 AM
I am a strong harry potter fan, but even i would go weith a rent. You can literally beat the game in about 3 hours.

pizzabit
07-29-2011, 02:52 AM

well, DH2 is very much like your Harry of Wars, so it is all wand fest So if you are looking in for something like Order of Phoenix or Half-Blood Prince, you will be greatly disappointed.

Putting all aside, it is still a sorta fun game. (at least for me) -

Rivers
07-29-2011, 02:53 AM
they r really boring

Cade91
07-30-2011, 02:23 AM
Think I'm going to rent this.

nicidee
08-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Oh well that's disappointing, but thanks for the replies so at least I know now. I probably won't even bother with it at all though, despite everyone saying how short & easy the game is. I read the same exact things about DH1 but I found it to be nothing but an impossible pain-in-my-ass, and now I've got like 30 Gamerscore on it and will never get anymore than that. Would have been better to not play it at all.

I couldn't do ANY of the fighting/combat parts of the game without dying like 10-20 times in a row, and I was playing on Easy. And once I got to the part where you have to do the three missions to rescue muggle-borns, I just quit altogether because I couldn't pass it no matter what I did or how many times I tried. I just kept dying over and over again. There is a reason I don't play 1st person shooter games - I completely and totally suck at them!

It's very disappointing that they decided to take the Harry Potter games in that direction after the success of the first 6 games. I can't imagine there will be as many Harry Potter fans playing the last two games as there were that played the first 6.

Temper LOH
08-16-2011, 03:10 AM
Loved the movie. Gonna try the game. Hopefully its not a bummer

MabusScarab
09-27-2011, 02:40 AM
Order of the Phoenix was actually a pretty decent game, its pretty difficult to find on 360 but it's out there. The achievements were pretty easy and you can get 850+ easy your first playthrough, it was a reasonably long game but very playable and kind of addictive.

Killerchronic
11-05-2011, 06:43 PM
they r really boring

Such an excellent first post, what a great and informative comment. I look forward to more from you.

Anyway /onntopic

Def a rental, i kinda like the FPS side of it as i feel it fits in with the last book/2 films, more than an adventure game would. although the part 1 could def of been an adventure had they placed it more around the horcruxes.

Ninja Eagle
09-13-2012, 12:04 PM
I think this game was a slight let down. The game was too short, it was repetitive and most of all they missed crucial parts of the movie.

Don't get me wrong, I love Harry Potter books, games and movies, but this could of been so much more than it was. Where's the free roaming?

Anyways, for achievement hunters a rental is enough to satisfy your HP thirst.

Ninja Eagle
09-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Also I agree with Killerchronic on the FPS side.