PDA

View Full Version : Just my opinion

deceitfulgiant
07-28-2011, 11:42 PM
From what i've seen this game's are style, certain environments, and character models remind me of Brink....anyone else?

Verdinial
07-28-2011, 11:44 PM
Yeah, the enviroments and gun design is certainly like Brinks to me, for some reason it reminds me of Crackdown with the orbs after each kill aswell?

Nevander
07-28-2011, 11:45 PM
To me, it seems like a mix of Brink's style, Crackdown's orb like objects, and BLACK's weapons and destruction.

A nice mix I guess, but I never played Brink.

Rep
07-28-2011, 11:47 PM
I hope they are not too much of the same. I have this game reserved and was going to get Brink from a friend.

5Alive
07-30-2011, 08:58 PM
Wow, just watched the game play and it's ridiculous. Looks eerily similar to Brink, and I thought that on the whole, Brink was a piece of shit. I really liked the story but the game play was eh. I really liked Bodycount before I saw the similarity. Hopefully it doesn't FEEL like Brink...

EDIT: After playing the demo, though it does FEEL like Brink, it doesn't feel at all Brink. Thank god!

TAI JASON
08-01-2011, 06:30 AM
I watched the trailer, and i must say it looks horrible. BLACK was a great game, i love it, but this looks strange. I donīt think they get it done in a few months. After Call of Juarez and Red Faction the next franchise which is going to crush. Makes me sad...

Its Fooga
08-01-2011, 07:10 AM
Maybe it's just the color and contrast that make it look like Brink? I doubt they'll be anything alike. I loved Black and this is basically the sequel in terms of who's making it. If anything I'll rent it since Deus Ex is pretty close the release of this.

CuddlyREDRUM
08-04-2011, 06:52 AM
Never played Black, but this game comes at such a dead time in gaming releases I gladly will play it. Kind of amped, actually.

Nevander
08-05-2011, 07:04 AM
Here's gameplay from both games.

First, from BLACK:

‪First Mission in the game BLACK‬‏ - YouTube

Then some gameplay of Bodycount (this is pre-alpha gameplay though I believe):

‪Bodycount Gameplay: Dominate - E3 2010‬‏ - YouTube

From what I can tell, the similarities are:

Not a ton of enemies, just enough to make it fun and stuff.
Huge explosions and muzzleflashes.
Semi-destructable envronments.
Amazing guns and powerful sounding and performing guns.

Some differences:

Bodycount seems more arcade styled.
BLACK didn't have a woman (or AI) talking to you as you play, just your squadmate.
BLACK was a more realistic game, Bodycount seems to be more about just killing and blowing things up.

I just hope Silver Guns and infinite ammo makes a return, as well as a sweet unlockable gun for beating the game on the hardest setting!

LethalEdge
08-17-2011, 12:33 AM
Yeah, when I first played the demo, I immediately thought that this looks and feels like Brink crossed with a bit of Bulletstorm. Hopefully it will be better.