PDA

View Full Version : Confused?

Rev. H. Heat
07-29-2011, 05:21 PM
I am confused as to two points and keep seeing mixed answers on both. I am hoping I can get some clarity on:

1) Are the discs for both Veronica and RE:4 being released in the US or not? I have yes, no, maybe, games on demand only. Does anyone know for sure?

2) If the answer to the above question is "yes" will the achievements be adjusted from the current paltry number of only a dozen to a more sizable number of 40+ you see with most retail versions of games?

Veedrock
07-30-2011, 11:24 AM
1) No, they won't be getting a disc release. There was some mistaken news that spread around during Comic-Con stating they would, but Capcom has since denied it.

Source (http://comic-con.gamespot.com/story/6324933/resident-evil-4-code-veronica-x-hd-lurch-to-us-in-september) from Gamespot (posted during Comic-Con) that originally claimed a disc release then admitting to their mistake, and source (http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2011/07/27/resident_evil_hd_titles_dated,_priced,_gameplay_vi deod) from Capcom (posted after Comic-Con) stating they'd be "available only for Xbox LIVE Games on Demand and PlayStation Network in North America and Europe."

2) Even if they did, there wouldn't be more achievements. The Japanese disc release will still have 12 achievements, no reason to assume they'd beef up the list for release in other regions. The amount of achievements has nothing to do with being a digital release, it's lack of effort on Capcom's part.

Rev. H. Heat
07-31-2011, 10:54 PM
Thanks Veedrock. I wasn't sure if it being a digital download was like the arcade games and they were limited in some way. Kind of stinks you would think with the level of game play in RE:4 (I never played Veronica) you could easily get 48. Oh well, guess you can't look a gift horse in the mouth, still looking forward to them though. Thanks again.

Verdinial
07-31-2011, 11:00 PM
Damnit, I wanted a disc. Oh well, I guess I'll need to pay a visit to the shop to buy some MS Points in a month or so. Thanks for this :D

RonanN1
09-08-2011, 07:23 PM
So Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD is an arcade game, right? Then how come it has 1000GS? :confused: and not 200.

Plym
09-08-2011, 08:16 PM
So Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD is an arcade game, right? Then how come it has 1000GS? :confused: and not 200. No, it's a Games on Demand game.

Darkforce412
09-09-2011, 07:30 PM
i know right now i have to buy more mps and have to make more room in my memory.

Goldshadow08
09-16-2011, 10:18 PM
This is probably a dumb question but has this got anything to do with Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City? or is it a completely different game?

Ivan Mendez
09-16-2011, 10:26 PM
This is probably a dumb question but has this got anything to do with Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City? or is it a completely different game?

Completely different.

Goldshadow08
09-18-2011, 12:32 PM
ah ok cheers dude =]

ChemicalxRachel
09-21-2011, 01:12 AM
Haha, sorry, deleting this cause I didn't know you could pay for it with MSP =P...

DarthSoth
09-22-2011, 03:22 PM
Is this game $20 as well? Becuase if so then wow that is a little pricy for a 10 year old game even if it is given a graphical bump up. And how does that work for the digital games. For everything else they are marked in MSP for price but for the retail games they are maked as $19.99. Can you buy them with microsoft points or will it charge your credit card?

I've never bought digital copies of games becuase A. I like having physical copies of my games, B. I can normally find the games for cheaper than $20 by the time they are available for DL and C. I don't have an ass-ton of space on my HDD that I want to fill up with Digital copied of games.