PDA

View Full Version : Best COD game to date?

Addax NZ
08-01-2011, 04:23 AM
It is in my opinion, how about you guys?

Rep
08-01-2011, 04:34 AM
Yes, but it's unplayable now because of all the hacking and modding.

MrOssneefer
08-01-2011, 04:49 AM
this game is great and is a classic...i dont kno though. I liked mod war 2 campaign alot. It had lots of surprises including in the gulag (wont mention becuz its a spoiler). It is also now hacked and modded in mp. Before that, search and destroy was, in my opinion, epic. Also, dont 4get about spec ops!!!!! lol

MxPx
08-01-2011, 05:08 AM
That title would have to go to COD3. For individual skill level being a factor.

As of COD4 and after, the individual player's skill is rather irrelevant to the game...there's always that helicopter or some other annoying kill streak that will get him regardless. In COD3, if you were good, you didn't die.

leftoverzombie
08-01-2011, 06:00 AM
i think so. it has a lot more of a mp feel imo than waw did and that came after this [obviously] so for IW to do cod4 and then trey to sink (sort of) with waw excluding the maps, than yeah i agree. i would prefer this over blops waw and mw2 atm. waw and blops only survive for the zombies. that's it. so yes, one of the best cods.

ps: i was wrong there ARE still hackers and modders around unfortunatly.. -__-
they go under the map not on top this time.. so deal with that what you may but i'll still play this until it get's too much.

SpongebobRoundpants
08-01-2011, 06:13 AM
I like with these games that there are no online achievements. :)

TheSuperTrouper
08-02-2011, 08:39 PM
I'm right there with you to me and a bunch of friends we have said this before but COD4 has to be and most likely will always be the best COD game out there

Coadster1
08-02-2011, 08:42 PM
I prefer Modern Warfare 2. Minus the glitches, hackers, etc.

MxPx
08-02-2011, 08:45 PM
i think so. it has a lot more of a mp feel imo than waw did and that came after this [obviously] so for IW to do cod4 and then trey to sink (sort of) with waw excluding the maps, than yeah i agree. i would prefer this over blops waw and mw2 atm. waw and blops only survive for the zombies. that's it. so yes, one of the best cods.

ps: i was wrong there ARE still hackers and modders around unfortunatly.. -__-
they go under the map not on top this time.. so deal with that what you may but i'll still play this until it get's too much.

Waw was just a poorly made game. Poor graphics, poor gameplay...overall fail.

lolwut? Did you forget about the ~500,000 MP players that are on BO daily?

MW2 is good for those who wish to boost/hack/glitch. But BO is much better for those who actually enjoy playing the FPS game.

X1000birds
08-04-2011, 01:13 AM
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is by far the BEST first person shooter/ Call of Duty game there is! This is definitively a classic and should be remade in the future!

veece16
08-04-2011, 01:18 AM
I liked the single player on CoD4 the best and the multiplayer on MW2 the best.

Dz06lt
08-04-2011, 01:46 AM
of the ones ive played

MW2>MW>BO>W@W>Classic

Perax
08-04-2011, 04:26 PM
I think CoD 4 is the best cod ever made.

For sure it's the CoD i had more fun playing it MP

smp015
10-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Its great for multiplayer with your friends at LAN parties etc
massive system link setup last time!!

Simlaurel
10-23-2011, 08:50 AM
MP aside, I think campaign wise, this is the best COD. I love the story and the missions. I'm going through it again for the 4th time with my dummy account right now. The sniper mission in Chernobyl has to be one of the greatest video game missions ever.

X Dboi X
10-23-2011, 09:06 AM
MP aside, I think campaign wise, this is the best COD. I love the story and the missions. I'm going through it again for the 4th time with my dummy account right now. The sniper mission in Chernobyl has to be one of the greatest video game missions ever.

^ This.

The Chenobyl misson is going to be a legendary status misson forever.

I think COD4 was the best one made so far, but I believe MW3 will be pretty amazing, to be honest I been waiting for MW3 Since COD4 because all others ones aftere that didnt have the same multiplayer..something was missing.

Benny34
11-21-2011, 02:36 AM
Yes by far the best one.

Abusive
11-21-2011, 02:45 AM
Everything about COD4 is great. The only negative is that not many good players play it anymore.

Invincible25x
11-23-2011, 01:17 PM
I definitely loved multiplayer. It was so new and exciting when it first came out. I had the most fun playing this one.

The single player was, by far, the hardest in the Modern Warfare series. That pissed me off a number of times when trying to complete it.

Spade.
12-12-2011, 08:28 PM
I prefer Modern Warfare 2. Minus the glitches, hackers, etc.
Ditto. Best MP and greatest Campaign next to MW3.

korea
03-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Agree. this is definitely the best cod game and always will be. everything is perfect except the spawns but thats a problem in every cod game.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-06-2012, 11:45 AM
Yes without a doubt. Mp was brilliant then they ruined it with all the extra's in mw2 and mw3

Ice Car
03-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Everything about COD4 is great. The only negative is that not many good players play it anymore.

You don't say... I went on a 15 something win streak in FFA mostly against people who have prestiged multiple times.

I even went 25-3 on one where second place had only 4 kills.

I also like Shipment, but why is that map almost never chosen? The other day I played it in Domination and went 83-35 with the W12000. I fucking love that gun, I got some pretty epic feeds. I never got more than a triple feed, but I was still flooding the feed with kills throughout most of the match. My feeds kept getting broken up by misc kills by people who have just spawned or some shit, I got a quintuple at one point in the match.

The enemy team was shite, some were AFK, others were just clueless, only 2, maybe 1 player was actually doing anything, them being the only ones who end up killing me.

It was still fun as fuck and it is perhaps one of my favorite maps in all the CODs, despite how small and simplistic it is.

JimCant
03-06-2012, 06:15 PM
I would say so. I have only played Black OPs and am just about to finish Modern Warfare on Veteran. (Hopefully...I am just about to embark on No fighting in this war room and milehigh)

This game seemed more developed and longer

Black ops seemed too short

Lookin forward to gettin MW2 and trying it out sometime

Rasp
03-21-2012, 02:57 AM
For me it's tied with World at War for my favorite. Although I do think COD 4 is the better game.

Sanchezz4387
05-08-2012, 11:31 PM
Be just jumped into cod:MW mp after a 3 year absence. It was amazing, the maps are still great and the game is extremely fun and balanced my forst game was 16-6.

Then had a game of mw3 and i felt like a lepper. MW u can pick up and play, mw2-3 you have to be a dweeb and play constantly to stand a chance. Nothing compared to the original MW. The previous two are far to overpowered an the less geeky stand a chance

miikkyon
06-25-2012, 06:48 PM
In my opinion the COD4 story line was the most playable (beat it multiple times on PC)... the multiplayer seems to be majorly hacked now.

greenwoodj1
06-25-2012, 06:53 PM
cod 4 story was the best but love mw3 multilayer i don't play 24/7 but if i did play more often i would be over 10th prestige im currently level 66 prestige 2

Gman10692
07-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Personally I think it is the best online COD. I got to 10th prestige on it and always enjoyed it. Every COD game since 4 I have played for about a month or so and gone off. I played COD4 non stop for about 6 months so I would say it is the best COD!

ChickinOnaChain
07-05-2012, 11:33 PM
I prefer CoD: WaW only because of the Pacific Theater. I just wish it would have went all the way to Iwo Jima and Okinawa.

Chaotic Fiasco
07-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Yes, without a doubt the best. It's a shame what Activision and IW have allowed hackers/modders to do to it though. I encourage you all to pester them frequently via Twitter, Facebook, whatever until they do something about it. I do so quite often.

WOLFkraut
07-07-2012, 06:15 AM
CoD4 was one of the better ones, don't get me wrong, it certainly beats the garbage they've been putting out lately like BO, MW2 and MW3, but I think they were even better the farther back you go, CoD and UO are both classics, CoD2 had a great campaign, CoD3 was very good all around, but while CoD4 and WaW were both good, I think they were a bit over-rated, CoD4 especially. It did have an amazing feeling when it was new and I still remember being totally immersed when I first played, but looking back at it and playing it now... it just doesn't have that feeling, but then again, that's probably because the online is fairly dead, hackers are everywhere and well... it just doesn't have a community anymore, it was actually fun back then joining a lobby full of people trash-talking and running around everywhere.

rikib004
07-07-2012, 02:57 PM
I think it is the best yes. 2 and 3 were both good though although for Multiplayer I enjoyed Black Ops the most. but as far as campaigns go MW1 > 2>3

SeductiveNoodle
07-13-2012, 04:25 AM
I think it was the best due to its simplicity. The newer Call of Dutys have so much crap, it makes it rather confusing. Sadly this game is just filled with hackers now. :(

Unknown Breed
09-13-2012, 05:18 PM
COD4 is my favorite call of duty game. always was and probably will be. the highest killstreak was the heli so not too many people camped as much as the new cod games. Don't get me wrong, there were campers in COD4 but i feel they just got the online multiplayer right and the newer cod games just got worse.

isw42
09-20-2012, 11:57 AM
Call of Duty is, to me, the best one. The quality was just through the roof. These days in a FPS you get maybe nine or ten short missions. So if you play the game on easy, regular or even hardened it only takes like five hours to beat, which is not a very good return on your investment. Sure, veteran makes things take longer, but only because you die all the time. The first Call of Duty had 24 missions or so if I remember correctly. Most of them were pretty long and involved. Sure, it's not as pretty as what's out today, but it was of far more quality than what I've been seeing lately.

Rasp
09-20-2012, 10:54 PM
Something about the simplicity of this game makes it the best for me.

ctugt
09-13-2013, 02:01 AM
mw3, mw2, mw, world at war, cod3, bo, bo2
my preffered order

The Elite Elite
09-20-2013, 11:35 PM
No, COD (plus the UO expansion) and COD2 are the best in the series. Nice and simple. No perks, no killstreaks, no attachments. This would be how I'd rank all the CODs I've played.

COD (plus UO) = COD2 > BO2 > BO1 > MW3 > W@W > MW1 > MW2

TheBorkinator
09-25-2013, 03:11 PM
By far the best COD to date. Would still be the best if it weren't for the hackers. Every once in a while I manage to get some good games in though.

glowpants
10-12-2013, 05:46 PM
It is in my opinion, how about you guys?

It's way too easy. I think Black Ops is better. Easy games aren't that fun.

LotusOfDoom
10-25-2013, 08:27 PM
This is still one of my all time favorite shooters, just wish the hackers did fill the MP lobbies :(

Dramatic Unknown
11-12-2013, 01:27 PM
I never owned a 360 until 2010, so I was late picking up on the CoD series.
CoD4 was my first game I ever owned and it was the only one in the series that had me all emotional and shit. Maaaaaaaaaaan, Veteran was a total *bleep*.

khensu99
01-22-2014, 01:10 AM
The modernization is nice, still having a robust single player campaign is good, but with the focus moving to MP play the single campaign is short compared to earlier games. Now they can just keep churning them out and barely worry about single player... Maybe someday I will like MP.