PDA

View Full Version : If anyone is going to the Call of Duty XP Event

AZNg0d104
08-04-2011, 04:37 PM
How much are the tickets? I personally, would love to go, but I can't, since I'm not 18 yet. :( But my friend would like to know how much the tickets are before registering to purchase it to snag a copy of Hardened Edition.

What do you guys think about releasing a free Hardened copy of MW3 to the attendees? Especially 2 months earlier than the normal release date.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-9170-Call-of-Duty-XP-Event-Attendees-Get-Free-Modern-Warfare-Hardened-Edition.html

StolenPaper18
08-04-2011, 05:02 PM
How much are the tickets? I personally, would love to go, but I can't, since I'm not 18 yet. :( But my friend would like to know how much the tickets are before registering to purchase it to snag a copy of Hardened Edition.

What do you guys think about releasing a free Hardened copy of MW3 to the attendees? Especially 2 months earlier than the normal release date.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-9170-Call-of-Duty-XP-Event-Attendees-Get-Free-Modern-Warfare-Hardened-Edition.html

Well it tells you at the website how much the tickets are...but maybe you can't go to the website for some reason...Anyways, it says the tickets are $150, which covers all events for the two days. You have to pay for travel and meals though.

Edit: You also have to pay for your hotel and are responsible for your own transportation, to and from the event. Looks like they do have a few package deals for hotel stay and transportation. I don't really feel like copying and pasting all the info though, so tell your friend to just go check it out at the website if he or she is interested.

AZNg0d104
08-04-2011, 05:14 PM
Well it tells you at the website how much the tickets are...but maybe you can't go to the website for some reason...Anyways, it says the tickets are $150, which covers all events for the two days. You have to pay for travel and meals though.

Edit: You also have to pay for your hotel and are responsible for your own transportation, to and from the event. Looks like they do have a few package deals for hotel stay and transportation. I don't really feel like copying and pasting all the info though, so tell your friend to just go check it out at the website if he or she is interested.

Thanks man. Yeah, my laptop couldn't open it for some reason. Otherwise, this thread wouldn't have been made. Hah.

But I'm kind pissed off that the attendees get a free Hardened Edition. I'm fine with them getting it, but free? And 2 months early? That doesn't fly with me.

Shinobi273
08-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Thanks man. Yeah, my laptop couldn't open it for some reason. Otherwise, this thread wouldn't have been made. Hah.

But I'm kind pissed off that the attendees get a free Hardened Edition. I'm fine with them getting it, but free? And 2 months early? That doesn't fly with me.

It's not free, it's included. You could say the same thing that all attendees will pay $150 for a hardened edition 2 months before release date (shipping not included).

You could probably hit craigslist for someone in the area, buy a ticket for them and have them send you the game they pick up for you. Free hardned edition delivered to your door.

I ordered a $150 mechanical pencil once. I took a survey to pick it up and they liked my opinions so much they also sent me a certification.

Coadster1
08-04-2011, 06:34 PM
I would like to go, but I'm not gonna. It's going to be so packed and crazy! I can wait for it to release.

AZNg0d104
08-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Hahah, thanks for your replies guys. Just needed things cleared up and wondering what your opinions were on this.

Genesis x360a
08-04-2011, 06:59 PM
Im calling it now theres no chance in hell there going to be giving the game out at the event. Its hasn't even gone gold yet meaning it isn't complete. Activision are so tight about there umbargo on the COD franchise there not going to give it out to the public 2 months early. Ill put money on it they'll get it on or after the release date. If im wrong then so be it but I doubt I will be.

Hamburgerous
08-04-2011, 10:59 PM
Im calling it now theres no chance in hell there going to be giving the game out at the event. Its hasn't even gone gold yet meaning it isn't complete. Activision are so tight about there umbargo on the COD franchise there not going to give it out to the public 2 months early. Ill put money on it they'll get it on or after the release date. If im wrong then so be it but I doubt I will be.

I'd bet money that you're not wrong.

Ivan Mendez
08-04-2011, 11:04 PM
I'd bet money that you're not wrong.

No, Genesis is 100% right.

Shinobi273
08-04-2011, 11:28 PM
I'd bet money that you're right.

No, Genesis is 100% not wrong.

Hamburgerous only bets on a sure thing? We are all in agreement.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
08-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Attendees get a voucher that allows them to get the hardened edition, so says Mr Bowling on One of Swords podcast, at 32:48

http://oneofswords.com/2011/08/one-of-swords-podcast-080-superfluous-zippers/

Nozza XBA
08-05-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm actually land in LA the day it opens on holiday with my mates.

Though I have better things to do then go to CoD party!

MC B0B x360a
08-05-2011, 12:57 PM

I was thinking the same thing when this thread got started. I am sure people will get a voucher to pick it up on release day.

OT: I will not be going to the event. It would take close to $2,000 to get there and its not worth it for an $80 game. Besided I wont want to hang out with 13 year olds who convinced their parents to buy them a ticket, just like they will convince them to get the game.

Burnout x360a
08-05-2011, 01:30 PM
They don't give the game out, you get the Hardened on November 8th like everybody else.

OT: I will not be going to the event. It would take close to $2,000 to get there and its not worth it for an $80 game. Besided I wont want to hang out with 13 year olds who convinced their parents to buy them a ticket, just like they will convince them to get the game.

I'm pretty sure they require I.D at the event and any minors are not allowed in regardless of parents.

Genesis x360a
08-05-2011, 05:23 PM
They don't give the game out, you get the Hardened on November 8th like everybody else.

I'm pretty sure they require I.D at the event and any minors are not allowed in regardless of parents.

Correct all attendents require photo I.D if you look under 18. If I had the money I would go just for the experience plus im from the UK so I would go for an extra couple of days and treat it like a mini holiday. Shame Im so broke atm :(

MC B0B x360a
08-05-2011, 05:46 PM

Kind of like they require ID to buy an M rated game. ;) I think it will be a cool event, but would only go if i was in the area for something else. Other than that it is a huge expense for me.

StillTIPPIN187
08-06-2011, 03:56 AM
If i was in the area.. id go know doubt.. but im on the complete opposite side of the country... Would cost me in the thousands to enjoy myself there. F That.

Would be nice to be able to talk about CoD and hang with CoD fans that aren't still in the pre teens too... but its just too far away.

Hamburgerous
08-06-2011, 09:44 AM
No, Genesis is 100% right.

I said that.

Hamburgerous only bets on a sure thing? We are all in agreement.

Thanks for the Ninja edit to highlight what I actually said.

Burnout x360a
08-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Kind of like they require ID to buy an M rated game. ;) I think it will be a cool event, but would only go if i was in the area for something else. Other than that it is a huge expense for me.

True true :p

Though i'm sure an event will be better in the checking front, over a retailer but whatever, it doesn't really bother me in the end.