PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think we'll see a "use kinect" achievement?

Fatty Taft
08-05-2011, 07:24 PM
I was thinking about that this morning. I remember in rsv 1 and 2 they had one achievement for using the xbox live vision camera to scan your face. They could easily add a big pain of an achievement here to use kinect to control gunsmith or something like that.

The Bum-Mobile
08-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Good question. It IS a "better with Kinect" game, so I'm not sure what their policy about that is.

zerolimitz12
10-13-2011, 09:07 PM
wouldnt doubt it. but that would just be unfair for users like that cant use a kinects because my room is too small

fastNcurious
10-23-2011, 08:00 AM
I think Microsoft should ban achievements like that camera one. All achievements should be obtainable without you having to buy something extra, aside from the game itself. That's the reason why developers can't force you to buy DLCs in order to get the 1000G's. I don't see how buying a Live cam is any different than buying a DLC.

I'm ok with Kinect achievements in a "true Kinect" game (like fruit ninjas), but I sure hope they don't pull that crap with this one.

JDM FA1
01-21-2012, 07:47 AM
I hope not but then again i will probably get a kinect just for this game

loganm223
01-21-2012, 07:49 AM
Oh i have no Doubts that there will be at least 1 if not multiple ones, unfortunatly i don't have kinect so ( SAD FACE)

Veedrock
01-30-2012, 01:09 PM
I'm sure there will be a Kinect achievement of some kind, largely because Ubisoft loves Kinect. They are the largest third party supporter of the peripheral afterall, I wouldn't be surprised to see the majority of their future titles include Kinect support.

Good question. It IS a "better with Kinect" game, so I'm not sure what their policy about that is.

They don't have any policy that forces a title to have a Kinect achievement. See: Halo Anniversary and Child of Eden. EDIT: And more recently, Mass Effect 3.

I think Microsoft should ban achievements like that camera one. All achievements should be obtainable without you having to buy something extra, aside from the game itself.

This would mean games like Rock Band couldn't exist on the 360.

DEG23
01-31-2012, 12:49 AM
I think Microsoft should ban achievements like that camera one. All achievements should be obtainable without you having to buy something extra, aside from the game itself.

I wish that were the case, but because of the kinect achievement in Forza 4, i will be forever stuck at 995/1000. Even though Forza was published by Microsoft, i can see more and more games releasing with a kinect achievement, despite the number of people that complained about Forza.

cjdavies
02-15-2012, 09:29 PM
Maybe be like Mass Effect, voice commands for your squad - tried the demo and it works very well, they didn't include a achivement for it.

Barad
03-13-2012, 09:12 PM
After Forza 4 pulled that shit..anything can happen but fingers crossed ..

Marklar
03-14-2012, 07:46 PM
If you go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wacIIYXXQlQ&feature=g-vrec&context=G222a273RVAAAAAAAAAQ it says gunsmith is the only feature the uses kinect and the video is by IGN so I guess that counts for something