PDA

View Full Version : Worst Multiplayer A.I. EVER!

Judivarious
08-08-2011, 02:16 PM
PERIOD! Seriously. Playing a game with my friend (He hosted, don't really know if that makes a difference), and several different times I watched as the A.I. just stood there as his team ran over to tackle me as I was trying to pass the ball.

I was playing as the Illini (Illinois) and he was playing as the Gamecocks (South Carolina), my team just stood around like a bunch of nit-wits, his team were all intelligent and no matter what play I 'd do, his team knew exactly how to stop me all the time.

So what is it? Host Advantage? Stupid A.I.? Bad programming? Definitely not a user error, since I don't control my whole team.

RsHu
08-11-2011, 09:22 PM
I have had this happen so many times to me. Sometimes I feel that I just get so unlucky sometimes because I cant switch from 1 player to another quick enough and the A.I. cannot pick a ball off to save their lives. Annoying is an understatement.

Jedi of Pirates
08-14-2011, 11:17 AM
I was reading this thread and found it interesting because I write video game reviews on a facebook page called Jedi Pirate's Video Game Reviews. The main thing that I addressed in my reviews was the horrible computer AI in this game. This franchise has come a long way and yet it still feels like EA just ignores the fans of this series when it comes to the drastically annoying things that this game does.

And online play isn't the only place that it happens. The Road To Glory mode is plagued with play calling instabilities that would make my dogs look like genius play callers if I just let them walk on my controller and hit buttons. It's just terrible, period.

If you'd like to add anything to my review, you can find it here:
http://www.facebook.com/notes/jedi-pirates-video-game-reviews/ncaa-football-12-the-good-the-bad-and-the-just-plain-ugly/218981311485910

I am currently awaiting a response from EA on a few issues with this game and hopefully they'll actually get back to me!

Battlestar Tex
08-19-2011, 12:56 PM
The AI in this game is extremely frustrating. I can't count how many times in RTG the CPU running back ignores wide open holes and runs straight at blocked defenders. The playcalling is even worse, at least in previous games you could audible at the line to get away from the guy reading "College Playcalling for Idiots" but with you having to earn that ability its like smashing your head against a wall. Prime example, down 7 points in the 4th, 30 seconds left, no timeouts left, 30 yards from the endzone. The CPU will call run plays....and more run plays.....and finally one last run play.

I'm so sick and tired of any CPU defender on the other team being able to superman jump and just intercept/break up passes that they aren't even looking at. Just another year of EA not having competition and putting out a subpar product.

Defiantllama14
08-19-2011, 05:43 PM
PERIOD! Seriously. Playing a game with my friend (He hosted, don't really know if that makes a difference), and several different times I watched as the A.I. just stood there as his team ran over to tackle me as I was trying to pass the ball.

I was playing as the Illini (Illinois) and he was playing as the Gamecocks (South Carolina), my team just stood around like a bunch of nit-wits, his team were all intelligent and no matter what play I 'd do, his team knew exactly how to stop me all the time.

So what is it? Host Advantage? Stupid A.I.? Bad programming? Definitely not a user error, since I don't control my whole team.

My guess is going to be awareness. Players with low awareness often are unable to recognize plays. This causes players to not be able to be "ball hawks". Many times in RTG I have ran a play and the defenders have ran in opposite directions. Players with high awareness recognize plays faster and will break off of blocks or coverages to focus on the ball.

I could have read your post completely wrong so this could just be useless information.

revokiller
08-30-2011, 08:11 AM
Not only does this game have the worst A.I., but it's like some games you have to lose unless your gonna restart over more times that i care to mention I only play this game in online dynasty mode where me and my friends have many diff. dynasty's and I have really become feed up with all of the stupidness this game gives you its so frustrating would go on a rant but it would take longer than ill give.

Bluntz4breakfas
11-28-2011, 06:52 PM
its simple..if its 2 ez

turn the ai (cpu) settings up

on madden i have all my stuff at 50
and all cpu around 55

on all pro

it makes it fun cuz its not CRAZY hard but u gotta play smart

same for ncaa

stop griping about A.i

every post says 2 ez....heisman difficulty and puttin cpu sliders up will change that guarenteed...try the cpu coming down with tip drill passes 10 times more often then ever be4... cb's actually playing lockdown man coverage

and linebackers with speed

also the speed threshold

if u turn it downa little..itll make it more balanced

that way just cuz a guys got 3-4 more speed pts..dont mean he cant out run every1..its about angles at that point

not trying to be rude..but i think if its 2 ez turn difficulty up..if its still 2 ez..find something else 2 do cuz u been playing 2 long

Bluntz4breakfas
11-28-2011, 06:52 PM
my 2cents lol...bump!!