PDA

View Full Version : Where has classic putting gone ?

adz5000
08-10-2011, 10:40 PM
Why are we now forced into using this shitty putting style with the diagram on the right with the gold bar to hit ?

What happened to the good old putting style ?

Andy D32
08-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Yeah it was a pain at first but you get used to the alternate putting style quite quickly. Not sure why they took it out of this one

Minty
08-21-2011, 08:17 PM
It's still there, they've just made it next to impossible to use as it doesn't show you the power selected, so you have no idea if the putt will go 5 or 50 feet.

Now I'm used to the new one, I don't mind it as much. Still prefer the old one, but meh.

Stewie Griffin2
08-21-2011, 10:35 PM
It's still there, they've just made it next to impossible to use as it doesn't show you the power selected, so you have no idea if the putt will go 5 or 50 feet.

Now I'm used to the new one, I don't mind it as much. Still prefer the old one, but meh.

They don't actually have the classic putting style anymore. You're talking about the 3-click, which is (obviously) still in there. He's refering to the putting style that allowed you to switch between putters (5, 10, 20, 30, 50 feet etc) and use front and back spin to adjust for the distances in between.

OP, as has been said, it's a pain in the ass at first to get the hang of it, but once you do it becomes second nature. Putting skill points into the putting tempo, I think, that increases the size of the sweet spot (yellow bar on the meter) and the one that keeps the line there longer will help.

As for the reason they removed it, the only practical reason I can think of is that it didn't mesh well with the newly introduced caddie, since he gives you a specific point to aim for and moving the aiming arrow around would all but defeat the purpose of using the old system. As for realistic reasons, it is EA, and they do tend to try to force you into using their new features.

Minty
08-21-2011, 10:50 PM
They don't actually have the classic putting style anymore. You're talking about the 3-click, which is (obviously) still in there. He's refering to the putting style that allowed you to switch between putters (5, 10, 20, 30, 50 feet etc) and use front and back spin to adjust for the distances in between.

That's what I'm talking about too. The option is still there, it;s just pretty much unplayable as it doesn't show you which putting distance you're using.

Stewie Griffin2
08-22-2011, 03:19 AM
That's what I'm talking about too. The option is still there, it;s just pretty much unplayable as it doesn't show you which putting distance you're using.

Where the hell is it? I looked in the main menu options, the in-game menu options and found nothing. No idea where the classic putting is.