PDA

View Full Version : veteran gear achievement reward. guesses anyone?

chainsawsquirrel
08-11-2011, 12:42 AM
yes, it's been announced for a while that the veteran gear achievement unlocks some content for gears 3, not just the old guard medal. now rod fergusson said we really would be envious of those who had it. now i'm betting weapon skins here, not a/some charecter skin(s) because people tend to stick to their favourites with charecter skins. so, not everyone wants their reward to be a charecter variation of marcus fenix for example, so they wouldn't make it a charecter skin. so a weapon skin it must be. now, there has recently been a confirmed weapon skin list announced by epic games and the weapon skins are available/unlockable to the public and are not exclusive to say M$ or epic employees and people like that. so the skins are as follows:

Gold
Infected Omen
Crimson Omen
Liquid Metal
Tribal
Flaming
Urban
Pink (AKA "Deadly Cute")

Green MS Skins
Lightning
Chrome
Faction (COG & Locust emblems)
Purple

yes, i took this list from epic games forums, thank you TAO Devil.
now, i can guess which skins you guys would see the most interest in besides the flaming and infected omen skins since they're only unlocked by DLC codes and the beta. so, they would be gold, liquid metal, and lightning. two of those are animated skins. now most people will think the gold gnasher is going to be the reward. i would almost be 100% in agreements with this except, that not all veteran players like to use the gnasher and thus, a gold skin to them as a reward would be useless. some like the hammerburst or maybe the new sawed-off shotgun after the beta, thus they might not necessarily want to use the gnasher anymore. so that's cutting close to being ruled out IMO. that leaves us with two sets of weapon skins which have not had confirmation on how to unlock them, so they're also possible candidates: lightning (an animated skins we saw in the horde 2.0 showing at e3 and SDCC) and liquid metal which was once epic employee only skin, but they decided it wasn't "cool enough", so they ditched it and it's now no longer epic employee exclusive.

now i think animated skins match up to being envyable and since unlocking the skin for all 5 weapons would cover the weapon of choice issue like with having a golden gnasher as a reward, it's just a question of which skin set will be the reward.

i would vote that epic would give us the lightning skins as a reward purely because they were shown off at the same time as the infected omen skins, in correlation with those skins being hard to obtain, or rare as well as the veteran gear achievement also being hard to get or rare (not that it is now with all the xp boosting events every weekend) but it's just a thought.

so what weapon skins do u guys think the veteran gear achievement will bring us?

Aiden 514
08-11-2011, 02:38 AM
I think you just get a chrome weapon

Coadster1
08-11-2011, 04:56 AM
I have no clue, but I just hope it's something awesome. Maybe a character, but probably just a weapon skin, but we'll see. I would like something gold, because I never got anything gold in Gears 2. The gold looks better than the flaming skin in my opinion.

chainsawsquirrel
08-11-2011, 10:44 AM
i can almost guarantee that it's not a charecter skin.

Frozenghost001
08-11-2011, 12:20 PM
its probably gonna be one of those visual medal things like the one you got in the beta for playing any of the old Gears games.

chainsawsquirrel
08-11-2011, 12:31 PM
you mean the old guard medal? yes, that is one of the rewards. but the thing is, why would rod fergusson continue to say that u would really want to have what those veteran gears had if u saw it? obviously, it must be an additional reward, which is why i have gone on about it being a weapon skin. read my post at the top.

DJzero
08-11-2011, 05:09 PM
All I can say is that I hope it's just weapon skins. Because I can live without those. And I know I won't be getting Veteran Gear...

Pixo
08-11-2011, 08:22 PM
They said its gonna be something that we haven't seen yet. I'm guessing its the golden Cog Gear they announced at Comiccon.

chainsawsquirrel
08-11-2011, 10:23 PM
They said its gonna be something that we haven't seen yet. I'm guessing its the golden Cog Gear they announced at Comiccon.

really? could you tell me more about this please? i've never heard of it. what is it for a start?

chainsawsquirrel
08-11-2011, 10:38 PM

ok i found out that it's golden armour or a golden helmet of some kind. so would that be a charecter skin? i hope not. infact, it'd be good if it was that it made your armour golden instead of having to be a particular charecter to wear the golden armour. that way u could be any charecter u wanted and have golden armour. that would be awesome. i'm imagining queen myrrah with gold trimmed armour. her armour looks ftw already, but with a gold trim, omg. words can't describe how awesome that would be! :eek:

and yes, i remember now. i think it was an out door interview with rod that they announced it.

collin232
08-12-2011, 03:07 AM
Today Rod announced on his twitter that he was going to reveal what we veteran gears will unlock in gears 3 for having you're wings in gears 2 tomorrow (8/12/11) during a livestream that starts at 5:30pm EST

imatt B4M
08-12-2011, 04:13 AM
Well I have my wings so I will be waiting :)

ODST Kayne
08-12-2011, 06:44 AM
Rod Fergusson confirmed on Twitter 6 hours ago that he will be hosting another one of his livestream Q&As and he will announce what the veteran gears will be getting! That's tomorrow. Tune in and post it here when someone finds out!

chainsawsquirrel
08-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Rod Fergusson confirmed on Twitter 6 hours ago that he will be hosting another one of his livestream Q&As and he will announce what the veteran gears will be getting! That's tomorrow. Tune in and post it here when someone finds out!

OMG OMG OMG! I WANT TO KNOW NOW! i have my wings =)

Pixo
08-12-2011, 04:10 PM
ok i found out that it's golden armour or a golden helmet of some kind. so would that be a charecter skin? i hope not. infact, it'd be good if it was that it made your armour golden instead of having to be a particular charecter to wear the golden armour. that way u could be any charecter u wanted and have golden armour. that would be awesome. i'm imagining queen myrrah with gold trimmed armour. her armour looks ftw already, but with a gold trim, omg. words can't describe how awesome that would be! :eek:

and yes, i remember now. i think it was an out door interview with rod that they announced it.
From what I heard, its just a gold helmet. The armor won't be gold. I don't think it would look to good, but it would be cool to have for veteran gear. They also said something about a gold Theron for the Locust.

chainsawsquirrel
08-12-2011, 04:15 PM
From what I heard, its just a gold helmet. The armor won't be gold. I don't think it would look to good, but it would be cool to have for veteran gear. They also said something about a gold Theron for the Locust.

well, they're announcing the reward at 10:30 in my time zone. nearly 5 hours from now.

anyway, is it something we can use for one particular charecter skin only? or can we use it on any charecter skin?

Mighty Goliath89
08-12-2011, 05:13 PM
I would hope for a special character skin but thats unlikley so will probs be a weapon skin but we will soon find out :D

Pixo
08-12-2011, 07:50 PM
well, they're announcing the reward at 10:30 in my time zone. nearly 5 hours from now.

anyway, is it something we can use for one particular charecter skin only? or can we use it on any charecter skin?
Not sure, I think it might just be an alt. character skin for MP for the normal Cog Gear. Cole gets Thrashball Cole, Cog Gear gets Gold Cog Gear, etc.

chainsawsquirrel
08-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Not sure, I think it might just be an alt. character skin for MP for the normal Cog Gear. Cole gets Thrashball Cole, Cog Gear gets Gold Cog Gear, etc.

>.< but imagine cole with a gold thrashball helmet >.< or dom/adam fenix with a golden beard, marcus with a golden bandana, dizzy with a golden hat, baird with gold goggles, cole with a gold bandana, tai with gold....dunno. u get the picture dont u?

chainsawsquirrel
08-12-2011, 10:00 PM
ok, vet gear earn u all 5 gold weapons. so gold lancer, retro lancer hammerburst, gnasher, sawed-off shotgun and old guard medal. gold sawed-off alone u can unlock from commando achievement, gold gnasher u can unlock by playing the first week of the game when it launches. gold retro is from the beta, we know. and lancer and HB from DLC which we also know. i'm sort of glad it's all 5 weapons. i have gold lancer from gears 2, but not the HB. so it does mean i dont have to buy the gold HB =) so i'll probably have everything unlocked for gears 3.

Coadster1
08-12-2011, 10:04 PM
Veteran Gear Achievement Unlocks All Gold Skins
Rod has just confirmed on Twitch.TV that the unlocks for getting Veteran Gear is that you will get all the Gold Weapons for Gears 3, each will also have a second way of unlocking it also.

Lancer - have in Gears 2 or Veteran Gear
Hammerburst - have in Gears 2 or Veteran Gear
Retro Lancer - Unlock in Gears 3 Beta or Veteran Gear
Gnasher - Play the first week of Gears 3 or Veteran Gear
Sawn-Off - Commando Achievement in Gears 1 or Veteran Gear.

The Veteran Gears also get the Old Guard medal and title for Gears 3 as well.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324086

chainsawsquirrel
08-12-2011, 10:24 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=324086

tell me something i dont know.