PDA

View Full Version : What cars will be importable

Rule
08-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Ok so I heard that I can import my forza 3 account to forza 4, which is great. But I was wondering, which cars will I be able to import? I completed forza 3 and now I'm sitting here with a little over 12000000 but I don't know which cars I should buy.

Should I go for the expensive ones or for the cheap ones and work my way up from there?

PS Is there even any news on which cars will be importable?

RsHu
08-11-2011, 07:15 PM
I looked something about this up a while ago because I heard about it...

" A profile import feature was also announced, which will let players from Forza Motorsport 3 switch their profiles over to Forza 4. Depending on the level you’re at in FM3 and the cars you have in your garage, gift cars will be added to your garage for FM4.

If you’ve worked on liveries for cars in Forza 3, those will also be brought over.

Turn 10 says that your profile from Forza 3 can be imported into Forza 4 through a feature called Profile Import. Based on player level and and the cars in your garage, Forza 4 will reward you with gift cars, bonus gifts and credits. This means that you'll pop in Forza 4 and see new rides in your garage. "

Im not sure what our best way to get some new cars is, I dont know if I should spend all of my credits or if I should save them as you said. Looks like you will get stuff either way though.

mmac001
08-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Just gonna have the cars I like in my garage and hope for the best. Guess the worst that could happen is I'll have to play longer to get 'em. It is cool the other stuff is for sure transferring over though.

IEvil IMonkey
08-29-2011, 04:29 PM
Unfortunatly I recently LOST my F3 save with myself in Season 9, all the top cars and around $20mill in the bank.... Ive had to start again so my choices are slim to say the least haha Im looking forward to a new challenge with F4 now =)

Optimus Grizley
08-31-2011, 05:04 PM
This is probably a dumb question but will the file transfer also transfer any credits I have saved? Read the above post but only seen that he mentioned about cars.

Bloodrune
08-31-2011, 05:35 PM
Are they keeping good cars out of FM4 that were in FM3? I would think the roster would be identical

Maka
09-01-2011, 05:09 AM
Looks like being a nice guy, and giving away 95% of my bank and cars when I sold FM3 has come back to bite me in the ass.

rekikire
09-01-2011, 07:26 AM
Are they keeping good cars out of FM4 that were in FM3? I would think the roster would be identical

There are no Porsches in FM4.

Deimenried
09-01-2011, 09:12 PM
There are no Porsches in FM4.

Half my garage was Porsche... Same with liveries... Man I'm boned :(

Looks like not a lot will make it from my FM3 account :p still, good to see that they are catering to the Forza Faithful... FINALLY....

SuperSkyline89
09-04-2011, 01:32 AM
It's all explained here

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/underthehood2/

KeepEmRolling
09-04-2011, 09:32 PM
It's all explained here

Now, that makes me a happy racer! thanks for that link.

Mohegan13
09-07-2011, 12:34 PM
I wonder if they will reward people who have the most expensive cars (the 3 ferraris and Daytona) as well as the unicorns. Since I have the lot it would make me very, very happy indeed.

I am really happy about the livery thing though. I have a few very complex designs that would be a pain to remake. It does mean I should go through my garage and make some layer groups of my designs though. But that's a lot easier and quicker than remaking them.

Nice article thanks for linking.

IEvil IMonkey
09-07-2011, 02:19 PM
Not bad... I better re-start levelling up again fast as I'm only on about lvl12 since I lost my save =( why couldnt cloud storage have been here faster!!!

Mohegan13
09-07-2011, 06:07 PM
Having fully read it I see we do get the unicorns if we have them. That's a nice touch. Shame there's now 14 more of them.

master_shake_350
09-11-2011, 11:23 AM
It's all explained here

Cool, wonder what the secret one is?

Mohegan13
09-11-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm thinking it could be: Own all DLC cars.
Have Gold in all events.
Have the 250GTO/all four expensive cars.
Have ALL cars.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 25th Anniversary Camaro is one since it used to be a unicorn in fm2.

IEvil IMonkey
09-12-2011, 11:09 PM
This is probably a dumb question but will the file transfer also transfer any credits I have saved? Read the above post but only seen that he mentioned about cars.

I dont know if you've read the link in this thread to the fozamotorsport site but it says the following...

Profile import is, among other things, our way of rewarding long-time Forza Motorsport players. How does the system work?

It’s all automatic. After your first race (logged in with the same Xbox Profile you played Forza Motorsport 3 with), you will be asked if you want to import your profile. This will have no effect of your Forza 3 profile. It’s just a read on that profile. The import process looks at several factors and gives a variety of rewards. If you’re connected to the server and your Xbox LIVE account is in good standing, you will be gifted credits based on your level. The car imports do not require connection to LIVE.

Basically any credits you may have now WONT go over into Forza4.... you will only get a gift of credits based on your F3 level (so for example you MAY get lvl10 - 10k gift, lvl15- 15k gift etc)

IEvil IMonkey
09-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Just a thought, but if the credits dont go over into Forza4 but having those certain cars in your Forza3 garage means you automatically get the new version in Forza4 can you not buy multiple copies of the Ferrari (x5 for example) in Forza3 and then would you get x5 put into your Forza4 garage??
Then you could sell x4 of them and restore some of your credits into Forza4

Just a thought... It may just reward you with 1 copy of the car no matter how many copies of it you have in Forza3

Mohegan13
09-15-2011, 03:35 PM
It's possible. But I have a feeling any gifted cars will be limited to 100cr sell back price to stop you getting any real advantage, in the same way the level reward cars are.

Though there is always the auction house.

WoH Jabba81
09-16-2011, 06:57 AM
It's possible. But I have a feeling any gifted cars will be limited to 100cr sell back price to stop you getting any real advantage, in the same way the level reward cars are.

Though there is always the auction house.

Nice thought on this... hmmm. But I donīt think so. Cause if you are a player who donīt have the DLCīs and/or didnīt buy the gifted cars in FM3 you couldnīt sell this cars for much money after purchasing in FM4 :confused:...

Lets see if this works for us. I think simply start a new Game in FM4 and try this out with one additional gift car. If itīs working switch back to FM3 and buy as many of them as possible. Start a new Game again in FM4 and sell everything :woop:

IEvil IMonkey
09-16-2011, 09:01 PM
Good idea =)
Wish it'd hurry up now.... cant wait to play it