PDA

View Full Version : Veteran Gear Achievement Unlocks All Gold Skins

Lord Montymort
08-12-2011, 09:56 PM
Rod has just confirmed on Twitch.TV that the unlocks for getting Veteran Gear is that you will get all the Gold Weapons for Gears 3, each will also have a second way of unlocking it also.

Lancer - have in Gears 2 or Veteran Gear
Hammerburst - have in Gears 2 or Veteran Gear
Retro Lancer - Unlock in Gears 3 Beta or Veteran Gear
Gnasher - Play the first week of Gears 3 or Veteran Gear
Sawn-Off - Commando Achievement in Gears 1 or Veteran Gear.

The Veteran Gears also get the Old Guard medal and title for Gears 3 as well.

Coadster1
08-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Hell yeah! I'm stoked for getting all gold weapons. We also get the Retro Lancer from the beta? Awesome, that's all I missed out on. Well, that and the flaming Hammerburst from Week 1 of the Gears 3 beta because I didn't get Bulletstorm. But looks like I get everything except that. Thanks for the info, good to know! :woop:

Verdinial
08-12-2011, 10:07 PM
Sorry, what do you mean by having the Lancer in Gears 2 for the requirement for the golden lancer?

Coadster1
08-12-2011, 10:09 PM
Sorry, what do you mean by having the Lancer in Gears 2 for the requirement for the golden lancer?
I believe if you got the special edition of Gears 2, you got the gold lancer and gold hammerburst. You can buy codes for them off eBay if you don't already have them.

Rep
08-12-2011, 10:12 PM
Good to know.

Just wish I hadn't of made a new XBL account.

collin232
08-12-2011, 10:34 PM

You could get the gold lancer/hammerburst in gow 3 by having getting them in gears 2; the gold lancer from the limited edition of gow 2 and the gold hammie from the gow 2 midnight release and other giveaways.

DJzero
08-12-2011, 10:42 PM
Great news . . . because I won't be getting my wings. :D

Everything on that list that I care about, I've already earned or will earn.

chainsawsquirrel
08-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Great news . . . because I won't be getting my wings. :D

Everything on that list that I care about, I've already earned or will earn.

everything on the list i have too except the gold HB. but i got the lancer, retro lancer, sawed-off, will have the gnasher. so ye, gold HB is my only gain. atleast i dont have to buy a gold HB code tho =)

Pixo
08-12-2011, 10:59 PM
Thats a bit disappointing the the Veteran Gear reward isnt exlusive to the level 100s in Gears 2. Still a nice reward, not what I was expecting though. I would have all of them without VG.

jd070993
08-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Quite awesome that people with the wings from Gears 2 get all the Golden Weapons :)

Although, if I didn't have my wings, I would have unlocked them all anyway :D

chainsawsquirrel
08-12-2011, 11:01 PM
btw rod said the LE controller comes with all 5 infected omen weapons, not just the lancer. but if ur really fussed about showing off that u bought the EE/LE console, u can still use the adam fenix MP skin along with an infected omen skin, unless u bought the controller and the LE, either way it adds up to roughly the same price as the EE so who cares? XD

ReaLiStiiC
08-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Well too bad I didn't have gold on both my accounts but I will be getting gold weapons for at least one account!! unless they have one more exp weekend and Ill get it again for a third time...

floridafan765
08-12-2011, 11:21 PM
helll yea :) a bunch of people will be having gold weapons now..oh well at least i will too

chainsawsquirrel
08-12-2011, 11:24 PM
helll yea :) a bunch of people will be having gold weapons now..oh well at least i will too

only 2% more in the gears population. and that's only the ppl who still play gears 2. imagine how little there will be when every1 gets gears 3. gold and infected omen skins will be so rare. unthinkably rare.

Veedrock
08-12-2011, 11:28 PM
Wow that's so weak. Really sucks that the reward isn't exclusive in the slightest. Was hoping for something that actually showed you earned Veteran Gear (edit: a medal/title isn't satisfactory); now if you see a Gold weapon it could mean they have Veteran Gear, or you know they just met the other condition.

To use myself as an example, I have Veteran Gear but I've also met the other prerequisite for every weapon except the Lancer. So, to use an unnecessarily long example of how worthless this is:

If I happen to be rocking a Golden Sawn-Off, it could represent that I have the achievement, but most people will think I beat Gears 1 on Insane (which I did).
If I'm using the Golden Hammerburst, it could represent the achievement, but I had it in Gears 2 and people will probably see it as an import.
If I'm using the Golden Lancer, it would be because of Veteran Gear (in my case), but...people will assume I had it in Gears 2.

And while it's true that this will give those not lucky enough to have the other unlock conditions fulfilled, the problem is nobody is going to associate the weapon with Veteran Gear. I want a reward that immediately expresses "Hey I have a lot of Gears experience, better watch your step." Such a kick in the face, Veteran Gear takes some serious dedication to earn and it's not even worthwhile in the end.

But what irks me even more is the condition for the Gold Gnasher. Everybody will be rocking it, it's going to get so old so ridiculously fast.

chainsawsquirrel
08-12-2011, 11:33 PM
i'm only getting the gold HB from this. but atleast we get the old guard medal too. that's the only vet gear achievement exclusive.

M1keX
08-12-2011, 11:40 PM
This has annoyed me abit tbh its like why use gold skins ? We already have requirements for getting gold skins its like they have been lazy, I mean I was looking forward to seeing the gold HB now and again cause of how rare it would be as to get it u had to be at the right place at the right time, made it rare but now with the XP events it means everyone will have the option to use it :/, same with the retro lancer why put the work into unlocking it in the beta if u can just get it a different way, might as well make it a starter skin pack for all lol
Was just hoping they would of gave a new skin noone knew about to show who put the time into getting vet gear :/ not just give out the same reward seems really lazy on thier part :|

P.S I don't have vet gear so im in no way one of them people who moan about getting vet gear legit etc :P

P.S.S basicly the same views as veedrock lol just saw his post after I finally posted mine lol (Took ages to write on my phone lol)

SSwalker
08-13-2011, 12:01 AM
Epic drops the ball, FUMBLE

skatermike21988
08-13-2011, 12:14 AM
So it pretty much summed up the Gears 1 unlock as well as vg. That sucks, I was hoping for something exclusive for both VG and Gears 1. Still wonder what you get for Gears 1 on the PC though.

Pixo
08-13-2011, 12:16 AM
So it pretty much summed up the Gears 1 unlock as well as vg. That sucks, I was hoping for something exclusive for both VG and Gears 1. Still wonder what you get for Gears 1 on the PC though.
You get a chrome weapon skin. Don't know which one though.

MASS DOMINATION
08-13-2011, 12:38 AM
Well that sucks. I already have the gold skins for ALL the weapons listed. So the only thing I will unlock when I hit level 100 is the old Guard medal. I was really hoping for something exclusive and bigger than just a plain weapons skin. Oh well, its not really that big deal anyway. I still care more about missing out on several character skins linked to pre-ordering at specific retailers.

Coadster1
08-13-2011, 01:00 AM
Was hoping for something that actually showed you earned Veteran Gear

You get the Old Guard medal and title that shows other people you have the Veteran Gear achievement.

mw2pvt
08-13-2011, 01:13 AM
and what about SERIOUSLY 2.0???

AZNg0d104
08-13-2011, 01:16 AM
and what about SERIOUSLY 2.0???

This. I'm more worried about Seriously 2.0 as it was more time consuming IMO.

ODST Kayne
08-13-2011, 02:33 AM
Kind of disappointed. Its not the exclusive thing everyone was hoping for, and I already unlocked all of the skins without the Veteran Gear achievement! Disappointed, but at least the game is gonna be good.

Burning Karma
08-13-2011, 03:06 AM
Completely underwhelmed. Should have been something completely exclusive since they're trying to give everyone and their brother their wings nowadays.

Aiden 514
08-13-2011, 03:36 AM
Crap.
now I really need an xp event...
how long would it take for 30 levels?

Coadster1
08-13-2011, 03:47 AM
Crap.
Depends on big the next event is. I heard rumors, that the next/last one will be 50x. Not sure if it's true. But that would take no time. On average, when the events were like 25x, it would take about 10 hours of KOTH boosting to go from Lvl. 1 to Lvl. 100, give or take a few hours.

Aiden 514
08-13-2011, 03:58 AM
it would take about 10 hours of KOTH boosting to go from Lvl. 1 to Lvl. 100, give or take a few hours.

KOTH boosting???

*edit* nevermind looked it up but only me and a friend play it so thats out of the window =(

Pixo
08-13-2011, 04:18 AM
I heard they're having XP events every weekend until Gears 3. That should be more than enough to get to 100.

Coadster1
08-13-2011, 07:35 AM
I heard they're having XP events every weekend until Gears 3. That should be more than enough to get to 100.
:eek: That would be amazing! I already have Veteran Gear, but got reset for some bullshit reason. I would love to get back to Lvl. 100, but only need to get back to 30, 40, and 50 for those horde achievements. I've already completed the waves so I just need the ranks. I hope that is true!

Edit: I read starting August 20th, Epic is having XP events every weekend until Gears 3 is released. Good enough for me. Epic loves their XP events! :D

Darkhound64
08-13-2011, 08:33 AM
:eek: That would be amazing! I already have Veteran Gear, but got reset for some bullshit reason. I would love to get back to Lvl. 100, but only need to get back to 30, 40, and 50 for those horde achievements. I've already completed the waves so I just need the ranks. I hope that is true!

Edit: I read starting August 20th, Epic is having XP events every weekend until Gears 3 is released. Good enough for me. Epic loves their XP events! :D

If thats true then I might be able to get my wings after all :D

Mr Matty
08-13-2011, 09:16 AM
The forums have a 260 + page thread on this.

dang racoons
08-13-2011, 10:27 AM
Well im 98 at the moment so I'll be able to get 100 with the weekly xp events, but I'm more interested in the reward for seriously 2.0

chainsawsquirrel
08-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Wow that's so weak. Really sucks that the reward isn't exclusive in the slightest. Was hoping for something that actually showed you earned Veteran Gear (edit: a medal/title isn't satisfactory); now if you see a Gold weapon it could mean they have Veteran Gear, or you know they just met the other condition.

To use myself as an example, I have Veteran Gear but I've also met the other prerequisite for every weapon except the Lancer. So, to use an unnecessarily long example of how worthless this is:

If I happen to be rocking a Golden Sawn-Off, it could represent that I have the achievement, but most people will think I beat Gears 1 on Insane (which I did).
If I'm using the Golden Hammerburst, it could represent the achievement, but I had it in Gears 2 and people will probably see it as an import.
If I'm using the Golden Lancer, it would be because of Veteran Gear (in my case), but...people will assume I had it in Gears 2.

And while it's true that this will give those not lucky enough to have the other unlock conditions fulfilled, the problem is nobody is going to associate the weapon with Veteran Gear. I want a reward that immediately expresses "Hey I have a lot of Gears experience, better watch your step." Such a kick in the face, Veteran Gear takes some serious dedication to earn and it's not even worthwhile in the end.

But what irks me even more is the condition for the Gold Gnasher. Everybody will be rocking it, it's going to get so old so ridiculously fast.

ur forgetting the old guard medal dude. that is vet gear exclusive.

xXmyxxmastaXx
08-13-2011, 11:52 AM
i hears that the LE comes with the IO pack? if thats true then i went to spending 700+ dollars on gears 3 to just 80. they fucked up bad.

Also i heard that the p/o skins will be on the marketplace. so at least they went from atleast 240+bucks from most people down to 60. this is a giant shitstorm over them

chainsawsquirrel
08-13-2011, 11:53 AM
Crap.

xp events every weekend until launch day.

chainsawsquirrel
08-13-2011, 11:57 AM
i hears that the LE comes with the IO pack? if thats true then i went to spending 700+ dollars on gears 3 to just 80. they fucked up bad.

Also i heard that the p/o skins will be on the marketplace. so at least they went from atleast 240+bucks from most people down to 60. this is a giant shitstorm over them

LE does not come with infected omen pack. if epic really wanted to kick LE console and EE owners in the teeth, then that'd be true. no, u get them with the EE, LE console or LE controller. only way for EE/LE console owners to show off now is to use the adam fenix MP skin with the infected omen skin. unless someone bought the LE and the LE controller. either way, they end up spending the same amount of money as EE owners. give or take 5

xXmyxxmastaXx
08-13-2011, 12:59 PM
LE does not come with infected omen pack. if epic really wanted to kick LE console and EE owners in the teeth, then that'd be true. no, u get them with the EE, LE console or LE controller. only way for EE/LE console owners to show off now is to use the adam fenix MP skin with the infected omen skin. unless someone bought the LE and the LE controller. either way, they end up spending the same amount of money as EE owners. give or take 5

Wrong bro

Go into battle with the Infected Omen Weapon Pack which contains custom multiplayer skins for the game's five starting weapons like the Lancer, Retro Lancer, Hammerburst, Sawed-off Shotgun and Gnasher Shotgun
from here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Gears+of+War+3%3A+Limited+Edition+-+Xbox+360/2467129.p?id=1218329528300&skuId=2467129&st=gears

ScizX
08-13-2011, 01:35 PM

It really doesn't...it used to, but you can easily get it in a day with all those xp events so..

chainsawsquirrel
08-13-2011, 02:35 PM
Wrong bro

Go into battle with the Infected Omen Weapon Pack which contains custom multiplayer skins for the game's five starting weapons like the Lancer, Retro Lancer, Hammerburst, Sawed-off Shotgun and Gnasher Shotgun
from here: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Gears+of+War+3%3A+Limited+Edition+-+Xbox+360/2467129.p?id=1218329528300&skuId=2467129&st=gears

baird: anybody else's bullshit detector just go off?

epic you mother fuckers! do they want to totally screw us over and kick us in the teeth!? i'm still getting the epic edition because of the statue, i really like that because it's like a piece of the game for real like the retro lancer replica, but i really fucking hate them for this. i really liked the idea of having a rare, cool and exclusive animated skin. i'm just gonna hope that this is to filter the true fans from the DLC lovers. they'd still better give EE some exclusive DLC. they're just obsessed with making weapon skins accessable. soon everyone playing gears 3 will have the infected omen skin. mark my words.

they're really taking the piss, i can't believe it. it's not gonna do anything for them. apparently all LE copies are sold out world wide. they might as well keep it in the epic edition so that they make more money from that edition of the game. can't believe how fucking stupid they are. i'm probs gonna get banned for making this post.

Lord Montymort
08-13-2011, 02:58 PM
This. I'm more worried about Seriously 2.0 as it was more time consuming IMO.

They announced a while back that Seriously...and Seriously 2.0 wouldn't unlock anything.

jd070993
08-13-2011, 03:11 PM
Wrong bro

I think that may be a misprint. Everywhere else doesn't specify the infected weapon skins being part of the Limited Collector's Edition. Your best bet would be to contact them to see if that description is genuine, or if it was indeed, as I said, a misprint :)

chainsawsquirrel
08-13-2011, 03:16 PM
I think that may be a misprint. Everywhere else doesn't specify the infected weapon skins being part of the Limited Collector's Edition. Your best bet would be to contact them to see if that description is genuine, or if it was indeed, as I said, a misprint :)

game in australia also says so.

http://www.game.com.au/gears-of-war-3-limited-edition/xbox-360/GEARS3LTD

FR0ST3D AX3
08-13-2011, 03:22 PM
To be honest, That kinda sucks. What about the people that bought their code off of Ebay. Like I did, I feel a little ripped off. Also for whoever has glitched the Veteran Gear (Like a mate did) then thats just sorta harsh. :(

jd070993
08-13-2011, 03:24 PM

Hmm... very strange. Game's UK site doesn't say anything about the weapon skins, and neither does Amazon, Play.com or Gamestop (US and UK).

I'd chalk it down to a rumour for now, but I hope it doesn't turn out to be true. I may only have the Limited Edition on pre-order, but I'm happy with my Adam Fenix character, thank you very much :D

Hot Juicy Pie
08-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Hmmm that doesn't really make me envious or proud to have level 100 seeing as I have all that stuff already. I thought it would be something cooler.

ODST Kayne
08-13-2011, 05:11 PM
It was confirmed on the very Livestream that announced the VG reward that the controller DOES come with the infected omen skin pack. Which pisses me off. I don't understand the new obsession with making every little thing accessible to everyone. They basically took all the people who thought they were getting something special and screwed them over in one 17 minute video.

The Bum-Mobile
08-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Kinda silly. I'm not 100 but I have all of those already (Except, obviously, for playing within the first week.) 100s should actually get something unique.

Deathblow23
08-13-2011, 06:16 PM
I just really can't believe that grinding through Rank 100 gets you something so meaningless. I think the golden guns are cool and all,...but the prize isn't really in line with the amount of time and work it took to get Rank 100. Sorry if that sounds unappreciative...but that's just my thoughts.

Coadster1
08-13-2011, 06:34 PM
I just really can't believe that grinding through Rank 100 gets you something so meaningless. I think the golden guns are cool and all,...but the prize isn't really in line with the amount of time and work it took to get Rank 100. Sorry if that sounds unappreciative...but that's just my thoughts.
Well, they don't have to give us anything for it... At least we get something.

Hot Juicy Pie
08-13-2011, 09:11 PM

My stomach was making the rumblys, that only hands could satisfy.

nappster187
08-13-2011, 11:13 PM
I want this game to come out already!!!!!

xXmyxxmastaXx
08-13-2011, 11:22 PM
Well, they don't have to give us anything for it... At least we get something.

yes they did. me and others need to get paid 1600 msp to suffer through that shitfest called gears of war 2. i already have all of the gold in gears 3, then they announce that the VG is all the gold weapons? fucking stupid.

BUT Coadster then reason people are pissed is beacause MR. Troll i.e. Rod fergusson said it was something that we have never seen before. AND that it was something that we wish that we had. but i already have all the gold weapons unlocked so that is a blantant lie.

another reason is beacause now any BK randy who xp boosts during the xp weekends can get MY gold Retro that was said to be BETA EXclusive. let me tell you a story coadster. it was the last weekend of the beta i had 76 matches played and i stayed home even though i had 3 tests that day!but i didnt give a damn beacause i was like well look this proves that i put my blood sweat and tears into the beta. playing the same 4 maps got boring really fast. but i did it all to get my supposedly exclusive unlocks.

hell coad next thing you know like i said before you get all of the flaming weps by haveing the green as grass achievement. and TB cole by having zen and the art achievement in gears 1.

M1keX
08-14-2011, 01:33 AM
yes they did. me and others need to get paid 1600 msp to suffer through that shitfest called gears of war 2. i already have all of the gold in gears 3, then they announce that the VG is all the gold weapons? fucking stupid.

BUT Coadster then reason people are pissed is beacause MR. Troll i.e. Rod fergusson said it was something that we have never seen before. AND that it was something that we wish that we had. but i already have all the gold weapons unlocked so that is a blantant lie.

another reason is beacause now any BK randy who xp boosts during the xp weekends can get MY gold Retro that was said to be BETA EXclusive. let me tell you a story coadster. it was the last weekend of the beta i had 76 matches played and i stayed home even though i had 3 tests that day!but i didnt give a damn beacause i was like well look this proves that i put my blood sweat and tears into the beta. playing the same 4 maps got boring really fast. but i did it all to get my supposedly exclusive unlocks.

hell coad next thing you know like i said before you get all of the flaming weps by haveing the green as grass achievement. and TB cole by having zen and the art achievement in gears 1.

wow u missed 3 tests ? hope they wasmt important cause u ditched them for a game ... just saying.

Btw im pissed off with the retro lancer being a non beta exclusive now even tho we were told it would be but come on this seems extreme :/

irPhoenix
08-14-2011, 01:55 AM
Still need your wings? I've devised a plan.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=4421647#post4421647

Coadster1
08-14-2011, 01:59 AM

Yeah, I understand why people could be upset for reasons like that. You clearly earned all your shit. I myself, am just happy I get all that.

Pixo
08-14-2011, 02:11 AM
They might just change the reward with that thread on the Gears 3 forums going the way it is. It has over 500 pages and 5000 posts of mostly people complaining and wanting a change.

Coadster1
08-14-2011, 02:12 AM
They might just change the reward with that thread on the Gears 3 forums going the way it is. It has over 500 pages and 5000 posts of mostly people complaining and wanting a change.
Yeah, with the bitchfest, hopefully Epic will add something else...

yakuzzaa
08-14-2011, 04:57 AM
well that sucks pretty hard - rare weapon camos ?????
not in gears III !!!!!
at least the infected omen should be epic and console exclusive !

Coadster1
08-14-2011, 04:59 AM
at least the infected omen should be epic and console exclusive !

...and LE Controller exclusive. ;)

Deyankees1
08-14-2011, 05:31 AM
Don't really care because personally the chrome skin looks better so I'm using those. Sad but all the exp I gained in Gears 2 got me nothing but gold skins that I don't want nice.

Nevander
08-14-2011, 06:42 AM
YES! Thanks for this.

This means that I get all gold guns, as I have gotten the Golden Retro Lancer from the Beta, as well as the rest because I have the gold Hammerburst and the gold Lancer in Gears 2, as well as level 100. I also have every acheivement in Gears 1 except for stupid Seriously... and A Series of Tubes.

chainsawsquirrel
08-14-2011, 11:10 AM

epic just screw over loyal fans i say. they're like, oh u can have something really cool and "exclusive" if u do this, but only if everyone else can have it.

chainsawsquirrel
08-14-2011, 11:11 AM

=O! what thread!? link please!

chainsawsquirrel
08-14-2011, 11:14 AM
YES! Thanks for this.

This means that I get all gold guns, as I have gotten the Golden Retro Lancer from the Beta, as well as the rest because I have the gold Hammerburst and the gold Lancer in Gears 2, as well as level 100. I also have every acheivement in Gears 1 except for stupid Seriously... and A Series of Tubes.

epic should atleast make it so that the gold retro stays beta exclusive, gnasher and SO are veteran exclusive.

Deyankees1
08-14-2011, 02:31 PM
epic just screw over loyal fans i say. they're like, oh u can have something really cool and "exclusive" if u do this, but only if everyone else can have it.

Level 100 is not exclusive...............just saying.

Thread you wanted link to:
http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=811426

Coadster1
08-14-2011, 02:39 PM

Rod Fergusson said that only 2% of the Gears community has the Veteran Gear achievement, so it is pretty exclusive. I found this hard to believe myself, but it covers anyone who has gotten an achievement for Gears 2 that can be tracked over Xbox LIVE.

chainsawsquirrel
08-14-2011, 04:12 PM

Thread you wanted link to:
http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=811426

i found it long before u responded XD im quite impatient. the posts are going by faster than i can read them. i'd hate for epic to ignore it all. that's the other thing, any bum off the street can get em. but then again, if they got to lvl 100 without boosting events then well deserved. but atm with the xp boosters, i'm thinking "fuck you epic!"

chainsawsquirrel
08-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Rod Fergusson said that only 2% of the Gears community has the Veteran Gear achievement, so it is pretty exclusive. I found this hard to believe myself, but it covers anyone who has gotten an achievement for Gears 2 that can be tracked over Xbox LIVE.

it matters not, within the next 5 weeks, that could easily be a fuckload more than 2%. what really detest is that they lied about it being exclusive the the VG achievement, and then saying the gold gnasher would be the VG exclusive reward for the "hardcore fans", then they go and so lightly give it away for merely playing the game the first week it launches. millions of people will have the reward that was supposed to be only for "hardcore fans". they've been a bunch of dicks recently. they also said the flame lancer was gonna be exclusive to bulletstorm, then they said IO was exclusive to EE, but it went from EE to CE (fair enough since CE is lots of money, but they still put the exlcusive tag on and lied regardless) to LE controller to LE. then the gold retro was supposed to be beta exclusive. that went to the VG achievement too, as did the "exclusive" gold HB and lancer.

Josh Brown
08-14-2011, 05:09 PM
I think epic will change the VG unlocks coz of all the abuse they are getting about it

chainsawsquirrel
08-14-2011, 05:43 PM
I think epic will change the VG unlocks coz of all the abuse they are getting about it

600 pages and counting. i love ur avatar XD they either change the reward. or just leave it as it is and give VGs an exclusive besides a medal that ur only gonna see for 10 seconds in lobby and that's only in lobby. not all matchmaking does lobby, and people might prefere other medals too. i myself would rather use grand executioner which i earned 4 times in the beta.

Josh Brown
08-14-2011, 05:48 PM
600 pages and counting. i love ur avatar XD they either change the reward. or just leave it as it is and give VGs an exclusive besides a medal that ur only gonna see for 10 seconds in lobby and that's only in lobby. not all matchmaking does lobby, and people might prefere other medals too. i myself would rather use grand executioner which i earned 4 times in the beta.

I've seen you on the epic forums before. I know its off topic but I got banned twice on the epic forums. Does that mean il be banned from gears 3? Any chance you can ask flak or Cher or something?

Efase
08-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Damn, I need to get busy, and get that achievement. Luckily, I'm level 84 so i figure it won't be so bad.

chainsawsquirrel
08-14-2011, 07:23 PM
I've seen you on the epic forums before. I know its off topic but I got banned twice on the epic forums. Does that mean il be banned from gears 3? Any chance you can ask flak or Cher or something?

no because i'm perm banned =( oh btw all u have to do to get the infected omen skins now is buy the LE game. dont even need the controller anymore. i'm still getting EE regardless. my theory is epic threw the IO skins away by giving it to the LE in order to shake of the DLC grabbers and keep the true fans still clinging because they're who the EE was meant for. and secretly, there will be exclusive DLC for the EE/CE but they wont ever announce it because obviously that'd ruin the whole point of it. what u think?

chainsawsquirrel
08-14-2011, 07:28 PM
Damn, I need to get busy, and get that achievement. Luckily, I'm level 84 so i figure it won't be so bad.

84 is just over half way XD XD XD XD XD

Coadster1
08-14-2011, 07:34 PM
it matters not, within the next 5 weeks, that could easily be a fuckload more than 2%. what really detest is that they lied about it being exclusive the the VG achievement, and then saying the gold gnasher would be the VG exclusive reward for the "hardcore fans", then they go and so lightly give it away for merely playing the game the first week it launches. millions of people will have the reward that was supposed to be only for "hardcore fans". they've been a bunch of dicks recently. they also said the flame lancer was gonna be exclusive to bulletstorm, then they said IO was exclusive to EE, but it went from EE to CE (fair enough since CE is lots of money, but they still put the exlcusive tag on and lied regardless) to LE controller to LE. then the gold retro was supposed to be beta exclusive. that went to the VG achievement too, as did the "exclusive" gold HB and lancer.

Yeah, but you have to think about all the other people who don't care about achievements and never KOTH boosted their way to Veteran Gear. There's a lot of people out there who play this game for fun. Most people who want their achievement already have it by now. I'll be suprised if it even increases to 3% after the events. Still 3% is not much. It may seem like a lot of people have their wings, and they do, but there's still millions and millions who don't.

Like I said earlier:
Yeah, with the bitchfest, hopefully Epic will add something else...

After all these complaints, I'm sure Epic will add something for having the Veteran Gear achievement. If not, looks like Epic will have a bunch of pissed off fans. :p

xXmyxxmastaXx
08-14-2011, 08:18 PM
no because i'm perm banned =( oh btw all u have to do to get the infected omen skins now is buy the LE game. dont even need the controller anymore. i'm still getting EE regardless. my theory is epic threw the IO skins away by giving it to the LE in order to shake of the DLC grabbers and keep the true fans still clinging because they're who the EE was meant for. and secretly, there will be exclusive DLC for the EE/CE but they wont ever announce it because obviously that'd ruin the whole point of it. what u think?

i just made my new account and got banned for evasion. fuck them

chainsawsquirrel
08-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Yeah, but you have to think about all the other people who don't care about achievements and never KOTH boosted their way to Veteran Gear. There's a lot of people out there who play this game for fun. Most people who want their achievement already have it by now. I'll be suprised if it even increases to 3% after the events. Still 3% is not much. It may seem like a lot of people have their wings, and they do, but there's still millions and millions who don't.

Like I said earlier:

After all these complaints, I'm sure Epic will add something for having the Veteran Gear achievement. If not, looks like Epic will have a bunch of pissed off fans. :p

ye! like me, i play gears 2 for fun and dont give a fuck about achievements, but i still got it. kmack11 has an awesome idea. if u have the requisit for a particular gold weapon (e.g. lancer), and have VG, then u can unlock an exclusive skin for that particular weapon. (exclusive skin for lancer). btw what's a good K/D ratio on gears of war? i've never known, but mine's 1.92 i think. my K/D on grind yard is rediculous, it's 7.1. 700 kills on grind yard, 100 deaths approx

bloodstainedwings
08-14-2011, 10:09 PM
So I played the Beta for nothing?? All the items I get for playing the beta, I all ready had for having Vet Gear Achievement. This is a bit of a let down, I thought we would be getting something different like avatar items or skins that you only get for having the vet gear achievement, and not having played the beta.

chainsawsquirrel
08-14-2011, 10:12 PM
So I played the Beta for nothing?? All the items I get for playing the beta, I all ready had for having Vet Gear Achievement. This is a bit of a let down, I thought we would be getting something different like avatar items or skins that you only get for having the vet gear achievement, and not having played the beta.

what about thrashball cole and all the flaming weapons? u must have unlocked atleast 1 flaming weapon.

xXmyxxmastaXx
08-14-2011, 10:16 PM
what about thrashball cole and all the flaming weapons? u must have unlocked atleast 1 flaming weapon.

i heard that TB cole and the flaming weps MIGHT and again MIGHT become available for everyone. rod said that he wanted all of the unlockables to be available for everyone.

Pixo
08-14-2011, 10:22 PM
i heard that TB cole and the flaming weps MIGHT and again MIGHT become available for everyone. rod said that he wanted all of the unlockables to be available for everyone.
I would hate to see that happen. They already lied to us about the Gold Retro Lancer, there should be something exclusive to the beta.

jd070993
08-14-2011, 10:34 PM
Wow. Never seen so many complaints about one little thing pour in so fast :p

But I agree with you all about the golden weapons malarkey. I feel us Veteran Gears should get a weapon exclusive, rather than just a badge/medal. How about PLATINUM or ONYX weapons instead? :p But seriously, I feel we deserve something of value.

As for the Infected Weapon Pack being in the LE, I still say it isn't confirmed. The 2 sites which say so are in the heavy minority compared to all the other sites which DON'T say so. Give it time, and we'll learn the truth, people.

EDIT: Also, to back up on the last point, Amazon actually posted on the LE description that the infected weapon skins would be included, but later remedied this. It is most likely the same case for Best Buy and Game AU.

bloodstainedwings
08-14-2011, 10:35 PM

I unlocked everything possible in the beta. Thanks for reminding me about Thrash ball Cole & Flaming Weapons. I still feel cheated,although I did enjoyed all the time I spent playing gears 2 and earning all the achievements.

bloodstainedwings
08-14-2011, 10:37 PM

This would totally suck big time. Talk about a game company being Two Faced, to their loyal fans!!!!

chainsawsquirrel
08-14-2011, 10:40 PM
Wow. Never seen so many complaints about one little thing pour in so fast :p

But I agree with you all about the golden weapons malarkey. I feel us Veteran Gears should get a weapon exclusive, rather than just a badge. How about PLATINUM or ONYX weapons instead? :p But seriously, I feel we deserve something of value.

As for the Infected Weapon Pack being in the LE, I still say it isn't confirmed. The 2 sites which say so are in the heavy minority compared to all the other sites which DON'T say so. Give it time, and we'll learn the truth, people.

ye, but that's because the other websites havn't been updated yet. yes, no confirmation and a hope to lucky chance that it's not true. onyx skin o.0 sounds interesting. would it be jet black? omg, jet black with an animated aura would be awesome. like black vapour pouring off it like when u get cold air from the freezer condensing and sinking out of the air that u can see, except black coloured.

Coadster1
08-14-2011, 10:44 PM
The only thing you get from having Veteran Gear that was in the BETA is the gold Retro Lancer.

jd070993
08-14-2011, 10:48 PM
ye, but that's because the other websites havn't been updated yet. yes, no confirmation and a hope to lucky chance that it's not true. onyx skin o.0 sounds interesting. would it be jet black? omg, jet black with an animated aura would be awesome. like black vapour pouring off it like when u get cold air from the freezer condensing and sinking out of the air that u can see, except black coloured.

OK, now that would be awesome :D I would rock out that shit online :)

I guess the Infected weapon skins are a 50-50 at this point. Which way will it go? Oh, so exciting! :D

chainsawsquirrel
08-14-2011, 11:59 PM

i'll murder him if he does. as if they weren't abundant enough with everyone of the 1.29 million people who had access them, he has an ever lasting obsession to make all weapon skins worthless by giving them to everyone. not fair on the rest of us who earned them i say.

chainsawsquirrel
08-15-2011, 12:15 AM
OK, now that would be awesome :D I would rock out that shit online :)

I guess the Infected weapon skins are a 50-50 at this point. Which way will it go? Oh, so exciting! :D

my theory is that epic gave away the IO skins to the LE too because they discovered that most people were buying the EE only for the IO skins, so they wanted to filter them off by making them downgrade to the LE by giving it the IO skins, thus keeping the true fans still clinging on to the EE because that's who it was meant for. also, since they like their loyal fans (that wouldn't seem apparent due to recent events. VG achievement reward *cough*) they will give us some exclusive DLC for the EE/CE to show or signify us being big or loyal fans. i'm betting liquid metal skins. but obviously they wont mention or annouce it because that'd just attract the DLC maniacs back which they didn't want in the first place. stupid business decision if u ask me, EE has only 150,000 copies globally. very very limited, so i guess they're making space for the true fans who can't get the epic edition by shaking off the DLC maniacs. they sold out in australia months ago and ik some people on epic games forums really wanted the EE but couldn't get it because it was sold out there. i think this is a quite plausable explanation. what about u?

Jellybean468
08-15-2011, 12:16 AM
So glad I put in all that effort to get my wings :p Not so glad that I put in all that effort for the Gold Retro Lancer in the beta that was supposedly 'exclusive'.

Coadster1
08-15-2011, 12:19 AM
So glad I put in all that effort to get my wings :p Not so glad that I put in all that effort for the Gold Retro Lancer in the beta that was supposedly 'exclusive'.
As long as they don't give away Thrashball Cole, I think I'll be okay.

chainsawsquirrel
08-15-2011, 12:22 AM

i'd say 'jump aboard' or 'welcome to the club' but then again u didn't get the gold SO, HB or lancer, but to be fair, the HB and lancer are pretty unobtainable. i saw this coming when i bought gow2 LE, but i had no idea the gold HB existed, and if i did, i still couldn't have gone to MM. was too young.

Riphade 1
08-15-2011, 12:24 AM
Yeah. The BIGGEST problem is I have no timestamp and you still, apparently, "need" one. Even though it's PROVEN you can earn XP offline.

Which is why I'm STILL looking and wanting to trade for one. I'll have all unlockables but the Golden Lancer.

Golds:
Retro - Got in the beta
Hammerburst - Got with Midnight Madness
Sawed Off - 1250'd Gears 1
Gnasher - I'll easily be playing at launch week.

Burning Karma
08-15-2011, 12:30 AM
They were available to everyone. All they had to do was get into the OPEN beta. If all those unlocks are made available to non-beta players, I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

chainsawsquirrel
08-15-2011, 12:50 AM
As long as they don't give away Thrashball Cole, I think I'll be okay.

i'm not ok, there is not VG exclusive besides the medal which ur only ever gonna see if for 10 seconds and only if ur in MM lobby. and most people prefere social or now know as public after the beta. and even so, people may not even want to use the medal since there are other medals out there. i myself would prefer the grand executioner medal.

chainsawsquirrel
08-15-2011, 12:51 AM
Yeah. The BIGGEST problem is I have no timestamp and you still, apparently, "need" one. Even though it's PROVEN you can earn XP offline.

Which is why I'm STILL looking and wanting to trade for one. I'll have all unlockables but the Golden Lancer.

Golds:
Retro - Got in the beta
Hammerburst - Got with Midnight Madness
Sawed Off - 1250'd Gears 1
Gnasher - I'll easily be playing at launch week.

lol, i have all unlocks except the gold HB XD

Coadster1
08-15-2011, 01:36 AM
i'm not ok, there is not VG exclusive besides the medal which ur only ever gonna see if for 10 seconds and only if ur in MM lobby. and most people prefere social or now know as public after the beta. and even so, people may not even want to use the medal since there are other medals out there. i myself would prefer the grand executioner medal.
Well maybe if you bitch some more and beg Epic they will give you, just you, something special. :rolleyes:

Riphade 1
08-15-2011, 02:43 AM
The ONLY thing I believe people SHOULD bitch about is the lack of DLC exclusives to the Epic Edition. If any edition holders were to get something more, it would be them.

Standard = Game only
Controller = Infected Omen Skins (All 5)
Limited Edition = Infected Omen Skins, Adam Fenix
Epic Edition = Infected Omen Skinds, Adam Fenix (No differnce between LE and EE)

Simple fix. Give EE an extra exclusive character or weapon skin set.

Most games, when they have multiple editions, get different DLCs in each. i.e. Halo Reach

Standard Edition = Recon Helmet
Limited Edition = Recon Helmet, Elite Skin Exclusive
Legendary Edition = Recon Helmet, Elite Skin Exclusive, Flaming Helmet Exclusive

chainsawsquirrel
08-15-2011, 08:16 AM
Well maybe if you bitch some more and beg Epic they will give you, just you, something special. :rolleyes:

no, they're not like that at all. they dont give anything to people who whine and moan like that. better off justifying why ur pissed off to them then asking nicely, but i can't because i got banned from epic games forums ages ago for "trolling". i'm not even sure how people define trolling these days.

chainsawsquirrel
08-15-2011, 08:17 AM
The ONLY thing I believe people SHOULD bitch about is the lack of DLC exclusives to the Epic Edition. If any edition holders were to get something more, it would be them.

Standard = Game only
Controller = Infected Omen Skins (All 5)
Limited Edition = Infected Omen Skins, Adam Fenix
Epic Edition = Infected Omen Skinds, Adam Fenix (No differnce between LE and EE)

Simple fix. Give EE an extra exclusive character or weapon skin set.

Most games, when they have multiple editions, get different DLCs in each. i.e. Halo Reach

Standard Edition = Recon Helmet
Limited Edition = Recon Helmet, Elite Skin Exclusive
Legendary Edition = Recon Helmet, Elite Skin Exclusive, Flaming Helmet Exclusive

has it been confirmed that IO is in the limited edition also? or is it just two misprints?

Coadster1
08-15-2011, 08:19 AM
no, they're not like that at all. they dont give anything to people who whine and moan like that. better off justifying why ur pissed off to them then asking nicely, but i can't because i got banned from epic games forums ages ago for "trolling". i'm not even sure how people define trolling these days.
http://watchplayread.com/files/2009/08/DoubleFacePalm.jpg

chainsawsquirrel
08-15-2011, 08:27 AM
http://watchplayread.com/files/2009/08/DoubleFacePalm.jpg

lol, someone posted this photo on the last thread i posted on at epic forums XD

Coadster1
08-15-2011, 08:45 AM
lol, someone posted this photo on the last thread i posted on at epic forums XD
I wonder why... :p

chainsawsquirrel
08-15-2011, 09:11 AM
i just want epic to do two things atm.

1.atleast take back the IO skins from the LE game or give the EE/CE some truely exclusive content with no other way to get it.

2.give the VG an exclusive weapon skin this time and make no alternate way to get it to make it more "accessable" (the word they seem to be obsessed with recently) so that VGs have something to prove they got the VG achievement so they can be proud. maybe like taking back the gold gnasher from week 1 making it VG exclusive.

M1keX
08-15-2011, 09:39 AM
my theory is that epic gave away the IO skins to the LE too because they discovered that most people were buying the EE only for the IO skins, so they wanted to filter them off by making them downgrade to the LE by giving it the IO skins, thus keeping the true fans still clinging on to the EE because that's who it was meant for. also, since they like their loyal fans (that wouldn't seem apparent due to recent events. VG achievement reward *cough*) they will give us some exclusive DLC for the EE/CE to show or signify us being big or loyal fans. i'm betting liquid metal skins. but obviously they wont mention or annouce it because that'd just attract the DLC maniacs back which they didn't want in the first place. stupid business decision if u ask me, EE has only 150,000 copies globally. very very limited, so i guess they're making space for the true fans who can't get the epic edition by shaking off the DLC maniacs. they sold out in australia months ago and ik some people on epic games forums really wanted the EE but couldn't get it because it was sold out there. i think this is a quite plausable explanation. what about u?

Ok dude just cause your getting the EE doesn't make you a "true fan" it just means u got more money then others to affored it or other people like myself have other bills that come first, Thu im a huge fan of gears and love the whole concept but because of money reasons i cant get the EE so by ur theory im no longer a "true fan" :|

Oh and im sure they will tell people what's in the EE if they do add anything seeing as people like to know what thier buying, so if they do add new skins which might be possible then im sure they will let people know or the info will get leaked.

chainsawsquirrel
08-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Ok dude just cause your getting the EE doesn't make you a "true fan" it just means u got more money then others to affored it or other people like myself have other bills that come first, Thu im a huge fan of gears and love the whole concept but because of money reasons i cant get the EE so by ur theory im no longer a "true fan" :|

Oh and im sure they will tell people what's in the EE if they do add anything seeing as people like to know what thier buying, so if they do add new skins which might be possible then im sure they will let people know or the info will get leaked.

i'm not saying every1 who doesn't buy EE isn't a true fan, i'm simply saying, they're trying to get people who r only after the DLC to not buy the EE because there are other fans out there who want the EE more than them and the EE is very limited like i said, so epic are doing something about it so that the people who want it the most can get it.

the other thing is that, no EE doesn't make me a true fan, but considering i been playing both games for 4 years, and atleast got my self the VG achievement and both gow games are easily the games i've spent the most playing time on, i'd say i am a true fan. i also want the EE for the statue and the DLC half and half really. the statue i really like obv coz of the awesome detail, even the lights on marcus's armour and gun glow in the dark as well as the imulsion veins, but also because it's like a piece of the game in real life, same reason i got the gold retro lancer. so ye, i'd say i am a true fan.

so what if u can't afford the EE, i'm refering to most of those who downgraded from EE to LE because they found out LE comes with the IO skins too (not yet confirmed tho). happy?

jd070993
08-15-2011, 10:44 AM
Had a look at the Best Buy listing, and found something VERY interesting. Look at the second bullet point in the description:

Limited Edition includes an Octus Award Box, Octus Service Medal, Adam Fenix multiplayer character, Fenix Family Mementos and a fabric COG flag.

Nowhere in that does it mention the infected weapon skins. I think it may have been a botched copy and paste job, considering all the LE contents are in the EE.

xXmyxxmastaXx
08-15-2011, 12:20 PM
Had a look at the Best Buy listing, and found something VERY interesting. Look at the second bullet point in the description:

Nowhere in that does it mention the infected weapon skins. I think it may have been a botched copy and paste job, considering all the LE contents are in the EE.

dude it was on their forums. its confirmed

chainsawsquirrel
08-15-2011, 01:00 PM
dude it was on their forums. its confirmed

thread link plz
i never saw anything on twitter confirming it.

xXmyxxmastaXx
08-15-2011, 02:00 PM
thread link plz
i never saw anything on twitter confirming it.

im ip banned. i can go up there but i need to have a proxy. just look up a thread by jxclem.

chainsawsquirrel
08-15-2011, 02:14 PM
im ip banned. i can go up there but i need to have a proxy. just look up a thread by jxclem.

i saw it, but listen, he also posted a picture of a tweet by chris wynn saying the EE, console and controller have it, not the LE. if it does, it's not epics fault, it's MS being fuckwits trying to fuck us over.

M1keX
08-15-2011, 02:31 PM
so what if u can't afford the EE, i'm refering to most of those who downgraded from EE to LE because they found out LE comes with the IO skins too (not yet confirmed tho). happy?

Yea this is a fair point because a good amount of them will just sell the code for a stupid price, the thing is tho most if not all dlc always becomes acessable to everyone nowadays, limited Ed stuff or not its just a shame epic are doing it too :/

On a plus side tho if the LE does have the skin pack it means i can give it to my brother as im also getting the controller and he cant afford the LE as hes only at college lol :D

chainsawsquirrel
08-15-2011, 02:45 PM
Yea this is a fair point because a good amount of them will just sell the code for a stupid price, the thing is tho most if not all dlc always becomes acessable to everyone nowadays, limited Ed stuff or not its just a shame epic are doing it too :/

On a plus side tho if the LE does have the skin pack it means i can give it to my brother as im also getting the controller and he cant afford the LE as hes only at college lol :D

i'm going to edit my sig in a second, then i want u to take a look at it.

edit: forget, that ^ i'm just gonna post it in here now

xXmyxxmastaXx
08-15-2011, 03:04 PM
i saw it, but listen, he also posted a picture of a tweet by chris wynn saying the EE, console and controller have it, not the LE. if it does, it's not epics fault, it's MS being fuckwits trying to fuck us over.

its chris wynn, ther same guy who said the controller comes with ONLY the lancer. >__-

chainsawsquirrel
08-15-2011, 03:07 PM
its chris wynn, ther same guy who said the controller comes with ONLY the lancer. >__-

apparently rod fergusson has also said this. ik, i got a feeling the LE will turn out like the controller too, and i'm gonna murder MS if it does becuse it's their fault.

M1keX
08-15-2011, 03:27 PM
i'm going to edit my sig in a second, then i want u to take a look at it.

edit: forget, that ^ i'm just gonna post it in here now

ah well idm i still get the pack :D

chainsawsquirrel
08-15-2011, 03:32 PM
ah well idm i still get the pack :D

mhm. the only way for any1 to show they got the EE/CE is to use adam fenix and an IO skin, unless someone got the LE+controller, but either way EE=100
LE+controller=95
if ur willing to spend that much then fine, but it's kinda ruined because people probably buy the controller just for DLC, which defeats the point of the IO skins; to signify real fans (not saying if u dont have em, ur not a true fan).

M1keX
08-15-2011, 04:18 PM
mhm. the only way for any1 to show they got the EE/CE is to use adam fenix and an IO skin, unless someone got the LE+controller, but either way EE=100
LE+controller=95
if ur willing to spend that much then fine, but it's kinda ruined because people probably buy the controller just for DLC, which defeats the point of the IO skins; to signify real fans (not saying if u dont have em, ur not a true fan).

You seem really bothered by the fact others can get the IO skins i mean yea ok fe it was a EE exclusive but so's the statue which is the reason it cost so much (and i know u cant see it ingame but the IO skins arent the reason its so much), im getting the Controller and the LE because im a fan of gears and got all the other LE of the games, u seem really intent to let everyone know ur this ''true'' or ''real'' fan, really not sure why lol :/.

oh and im only spending 70 for both because i got 20 on my game card for when i go pick it up and get a 5 discount on the conroller as im buying it online :D, gotta save them lol

chainsawsquirrel
08-15-2011, 04:24 PM
You seem really bothered by the fact others can get the IO skins i mean yea ok fe it was a EE exclusive but so's the statue which is the reason it cost so much (and i know u cant see it ingame but the IO skins arent the reason its so much), im getting the Controller and the LE because im a fan of gears and got all the other LE of the games, u seem really intent to let everyone know ur this ''true'' or ''real'' fan, really not sure why lol :/.

oh and im only spending 70 for both because i got 20 on my game card for when i go pick it up and get a 5 discount on the conroller as im buying it online :D, gotta save them lol

again, not about showing off money, ik the statue is the main thing and i really like that, i'm just pissed that i got nothing to show for loyalty like the VG achievement, the EE, retro lancer, the achieves on the previous games and generally the time and MS points i spent on them, and it turns out we get a middle finger instead.

M1keX
08-15-2011, 04:29 PM
again, not about showing off money, ik the statue is the main thing and i really like that, i'm just pissed that i got nothing to show for loyalty like the VG achievement, the EE, retro lancer, the achieves on the previous games and generally the time and MS points i spent on them, and it turns out we get a middle finger instead.

Noones showing off money lol i just said how much im paying as u said its going be 95 :P
and i do argee with how they screwed us all with the retro lancer and the VG achievment, hopefully that gets changed (i like your onyx idea btw, black vapour ftw :D) but they havent said what achievements unlock what yet so thats something i guess lol (apart from the commando achievement on gears 1 unlock)

chainsawsquirrel
08-15-2011, 04:36 PM
Noones showing off money lol i just said how much im paying as u said its going be 95 :P
and i do argee with how they screwed us all with the retro lancer and the VG achievment, hopefully that gets changed (i like your onyx idea btw, black vapour ftw :D) but they havent said what achievements unlock what yet so thats something i guess lol (apart from the commando achievement on gears 1 unlock)

in all honesty, the gold retro was nothing, it took me from the 18th to the 20th to unlock that thing in retail XD i was refering to me real retro at the same time. btw can u get on to epic games forums? if so, can u send TAO Devil this message please: "At this point I want all VG unlocks removed, except for the medal/title."
it's not necessarily about epic trying to be nice, this is a business decision. by doing what they've done with gold skins, they'll sell more copies of gow1 and 2.

chainsawsquirrel
08-15-2011, 04:37 PM
http://gotgame.com/2011/08/15/gears-of-war-3-interview-with-rod-fergusson/#.TklH0aRBl04.twitter

chainsawsquirrel
08-15-2011, 05:01 PM
"im sorry for the confusion, let me write it out for the people who dont understand.

me: hey man, lets play gears 3. (disc in) oh man i got all 5 gold weapons.

you: cool u got your vg in gears 2.

me: ima use my gold gnasher and hammerburst.

you: ima use the liquid hammerburst and gold gnasher.

me: say whaaaaat http://forums.epicgames.com/images/smilies/eek.gif liquid hammerburst?

you: yup, you might not be able to get it at all. NEVEEEEEEER. OR maybe the other way u can get it now, is if u buy the gold hammy online or win a contest

me: say whaaat http://forums.epicgames.com/images/smilies/eek.gif i have the gold hammy already. stupidiest sh*t i ever heard. http://forums.epicgames.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

YOU ARE BASICIALLY SAYING NO ONE CAN GET THE LIQUID AFTER GEARS 3 COMES OUT. OR IF THEY BUY FROM EBAY OR CONTEST, THEY GET LIQUID AND GOLD. http://forums.epicgames.com/images/smilies/eek.gif NO WAY THIS IS GOING DOWN. thanks for listening http://forums.epicgames.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif"

this guy is trolling because u can get other gold skins without codes like the gnasher, SO and retro lancer which was available to over a million people for a month and it took me 2 days to get (to be fair that was just me), it's fair enough. anyway, it means those with who have all the gold skins and would have with without VG but also have VG actually get something from the VG achievement, as well as people with just the VG achievement. the solution suggested and agreed on is that if u have the reqs for a particular gold skin or all of them and also have VG, you'd unlock an extra skin for each weapon u have in gold. so e.g. gold HB+VG=special HB skin unlocked. it's been suggested that the LM would be the best one. but this guy is whinning that he hasn't got the opportunity to get all the skins. tbh, everyone did or atleast everyone who actually gave a damn about gears of war in the first place. anyway, no reason why u can't get atleast 2 LM skins if this solution to the VG reward is accepted by epic.

M1keX
08-15-2011, 06:06 PM
"im sorry for the confusion, let me write it out for the people who dont understand.

me: hey man, lets play gears 3. (disc in) oh man i got all 5 gold weapons.

you: cool u got your vg in gears 2.

me: ima use my gold gnasher and hammerburst.

you: ima use the liquid hammerburst and gold gnasher.

me: say whaaaaat http://forums.epicgames.com/images/smilies/eek.gif liquid hammerburst?

you: yup, you might not be able to get it at all. NEVEEEEEEER. OR maybe the other way u can get it now, is if u buy the gold hammy online or win a contest

me: say whaaat http://forums.epicgames.com/images/smilies/eek.gif i have the gold hammy already. stupidiest sh*t i ever heard. http://forums.epicgames.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

YOU ARE BASICIALLY SAYING NO ONE CAN GET THE LIQUID AFTER GEARS 3 COMES OUT. OR IF THEY BUY FROM EBAY OR CONTEST, THEY GET LIQUID AND GOLD. http://forums.epicgames.com/images/smilies/eek.gif NO WAY THIS IS GOING DOWN. thanks for listening http://forums.epicgames.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif"

this guy is trolling because u can get other gold skins without codes like the gnasher, SO and retro lancer which was available to over a million people for a month and it took me 2 days to get (to be fair that was just me), it's fair enough. anyway, it means those with who have all the gold skins and would have with without VG but also have VG actually get something from the VG achievement, as well as people with just the VG achievement. the solution suggested and agreed on is that if u have the reqs for a particular gold skin or all of them and also have VG, you'd unlock an extra skin for each weapon u have in gold. so e.g. gold HB+VG=special HB skin unlocked. it's been suggested that the LM would be the best one. but this guy is whinning that he hasn't got the opportunity to get all the skins. tbh, everyone did or atleast everyone who actually gave a damn about gears of war in the first place. anyway, no reason why u can't get atleast 2 LM skins if this solution to the VG reward is accepted by epic.

who u qutoing man ?

chainsawsquirrel
08-15-2011, 06:08 PM
more clarifaction by chris wynn that the limited edition does not get the infected omen pack. see the image for proof and tell me u dont believe ur own eyes. those websites r wrong, and if they're not, then it's not epics fault of the LE has the IO pack, that'd be MS fault for being ignorant, stupid fuckwits.

DJzero
08-15-2011, 07:09 PM
For the life of me, I can't understand why everyone has sandy vaginas about this stuff. They're skins for guns. They do NOTHING in game. Was I sad that I didn't have gold Lancer and Hammie in Gears 2? No. Because it doesn't matter. Whatever I end up getting in Gears 3, I'll use. I care about the gameplay and the fun. Not that someone goes "damn dog, you bought the Epic Edition and got that gun skin? I'm soooo jealous now!"

Just my 2 cents...

Deyankees1
08-15-2011, 07:14 PM

Yea I remember that statistic. My meaning is that its not exclusive due to all the events. I hit 100 before they permanently made it double exp now its just meh.

Also everyone the VG reward changed FYI. Read first post.

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=812330

I'm happy now well happier then before.

chainsawsquirrel
08-15-2011, 07:20 PM
Yea I remember that statistic. My meaning is that its not exclusive due to all the events. I hit 100 before they permanently made it double exp now its just meh.

well, we get the gold gnasher as a VG exclusive instead now. but they've decided to give away the gold lancer and HB for any1 who plays the first week instead. i'm still not happy with that. i'd rather it be the gold sawed-off. but now there's 3 ways to get the gold HB and lancer. after the first week of launch they'll be worthless, but it'll take a few years for the gold lancer and HB to get back to how valuable it was. i wont ever be rocking my gold lancer again after gow3 or any gold weapons except the gnasher because the gnasher rocks them all! my loadout will be infected omen rifle, adam fenix with gold gnasher all the time, unless i really need to use the SO for some stupid reason like to get back at noobs who get cheap kills on me with it more than once. usually i just pwn em with the retro or gnasher, but the corner campers...grrr. coz the gun is so small u can't see ppl with it round corners unlike other weapons that arn't pistols (except the digger launcher and torque bow maybe).
i still think they could have left it the way it was and then taken the gold skins from VG and given VG exclusive new skins like VG was promised, or simply made it so that for any loadout weapon, if u have gold+VG u get liquid metal skin for that particular weapon. and if u have all gold without having to have the VG achievement, but have the VG achievement as well, u get all liquid metal skins. that'd have been best most people agreed.

jd070993
08-15-2011, 08:12 PM
Aha! My optimism came through in the end. Knew the whole "infected skins being on the LE" thing was a misprint...

And the update to the VG situation has made me happy enough. At least VG's finally have something to prove their accomplishments. Roll on September 20!

chainsawsquirrel
08-15-2011, 08:22 PM
Aha! My pessimism came through in the end. Knew the whole "infected skins being on the LE" thing was a misprint...

And the update to the VG situation has made me happy enough. At least VG's finally have something to prove their accomplishments. Roll on September 20!

as much as a favour pesismism, i'm a realist, but people still think i'm a pesimist because they're just fucking stupid >.< usually because likely circumstances are the worst.

edit: u mean optimism since u were 'optimistic' that the LE having IO skins was just a misprint.

jd070993
08-15-2011, 09:08 PM
as much as a favour pesismism, i'm a realist, but people still think i'm a pesimist because they're just fucking stupid >.< usually because likely circumstances are the worst.

edit: u mean optimism since u were 'optimistic' that the LE having IO skins was just a misprint.

I guess I could be pessimistic as well considering that I've only pre-ordered the LE but DIDN'T want the Infected skins, but hey, either way works :p

chainsawsquirrel
08-15-2011, 09:14 PM
I guess I could be pessimistic as well considering that I've only pre-ordered the LE but DIDN'T want the Infected skins, but hey, either way works :p

again, im a really huge fan of the game, i want the statue mostly, and the IO skins too because i'm so much of a fan, i want to be recognised as one.

jd070993
08-15-2011, 09:26 PM
again, im a really huge fan of the game, i want the statue mostly, and the IO skins too because i'm so much of a fan, i want to be recognised as one.

Well, thanks to recent developments, it seems like you're getting your wish in regards to that... as for the Golden Weapons malarkey, I don't think it's gonna change now. I don't mind, I'm happy with it.

Coadster1
08-15-2011, 09:30 PM

I understand, guys like you actually 'deserve' all that shit. I KOTH boosted my ass off one night and got the achievement, but I'm glad I get all of that as well. Also good to know, the golden Gnasher is VG exclusive, I thought that was stupid that if you play the first week of it's release, you get it. Glad that got changed. :)

Veedrock
08-15-2011, 09:40 PM
Oh nice change, I'll take it! :D

Be nicer if they'd only give away one Gold AR during week 1 instead of both (probably the Hammerburst because it's more rare) but it's not worth fussing about. VG actually gets a worthwhile exclusive now, a reward that immediately portrays seniority and experience, as well as makes people drool :p

I also expect an increase in activity for the upcoming events. While it's true that one can get 3/5 Gold weapons pretty easily, the Gold Gnasher was easily the most anticipated. Now that it's out of (the previously ridiculously easy) reach for the common man, people will want their wings where they wouldn't have bothered before.

chainsawsquirrel
08-15-2011, 09:40 PM
Well, thanks to recent developments, it seems like you're getting your wish in regards to that... as for the Golden Weapons malarkey, I don't think it's gonna change now. I don't mind, I'm happy with it.

i'm pissed that they're making my gold lancer worthless by giving them all away for playing week 1 of the game. over 1 million people will have it. ebay codes wont sell for much anymore. idc tho, i just wanted a rare skin to show off, and epic trashed that with the IO, the gold lancer and HB, the flaming (orignally flame lancer only, and only for the bulletstorm preview), and the gold gnasher and every other gold weapon there is. but they fixed the gold gnasher luckily. IO only just cuts it, but there's always people who can buy the LE and controller, it only costs 5 less, but if ur willing to spend that much on a game coz u like it so much and u think it's worth it then fine.

Caramel Cardinal
08-16-2011, 12:10 AM
due to an outcry from the gears community about not getting anything exclusive for veteran gear the gold gnasher will now require you to have it to unlock
for playing in week 1 of gears 3 you will instead unlock gold hammerburst and gold lancer

xXmyxxmastaXx
08-16-2011, 01:21 AM
due to an outcry from the gears community about not getting anything exclusive for veteran gear the gold gnasher will now require you to have it to unlock
for playing in week 1 of gears 3 you will instead unlock gold hammerburst and gold lancer

wtf they made it worse. it shouldve been the gold sawn off

chainsawsquirrel
08-16-2011, 09:51 AM
wtf they made it worse. it shouldve been the gold sawn off

they made it better in one way, and worse in another. now there's 3 ways to get the gold lance/HB. i agree, they shoulda kept gold lancer and HB the way they were and given the gold sawed-off away on the first week instead. gold lancer/HB are gonna be worthless now, i'll never be using mine again unless im playing gears 2. i'll always be using IO rifle with gold gnasher, maybe flame HB too. idk, atleast i will be able to unlock all the weapon skins now. the only thing i wouldn't have unlocked would be the gold HB.

M1keX
08-16-2011, 10:04 AM
I understand, guys like you actually 'deserve' all that shit. I KOTH boosted my ass off one night and got the achievement, but I'm glad I get all of that as well. Also good to know, the golden Gnasher is VG exclusive, I thought that was stupid that if you play the first week of it's release, you get it. Glad that got changed. :)

I'm with u on this mate, im getting mine with the exp events because its quicker and I can move on to doing other things or play other games, tbh the exp rates in gears to is so stupid I mean I get about 3k a game that will take forever to grind so that's why the exp events are more ideal for me and less time consuming :)
Still fair play to those that did it on 1x exp most of took ages lol

Also on a side note it'll still take time to get the VG achievement even with the exp events (non boosting) so not everyone will be up for getting it, at least they changed the VG reward :D

chainsawsquirrel
08-16-2011, 11:27 AM
I'm with u on this mate, im getting mine with the exp events because its quicker and I can move on to doing other things or play other games, tbh the exp rates in gears to is so stupid I mean I get about 3k a game that will take forever to grind so that's why the exp events are more ideal for me and less time consuming :)

Also on a side note it'll still take time to get the VG achievement even with the exp events (non boosting) so not everyone will be up for getting it, at least they changed the VG reward :D

i tried boosting once, i found actually playing the MP properly worked better.

M1keX
08-16-2011, 11:32 AM
i tried boosting once, i found actually playing the MP properly worked better.

yea i'm the same mate idm boosting but i do like playing alot better, gears 2 isnt that bad tbh just gears 3 is alot better lol

Deyankees1
08-17-2011, 01:57 AM

18 in game days to get mine in 1x exp. Now with all these events I'm sitting at 32 million exp -_-

Just paid off my Gears Console and Epic Edition I AM READY!! I gets all theeee skinssss!!!11111!!!1one!

collin232
08-17-2011, 06:11 AM
Well I'm glad that they made the gold gnasher 100% exclusive to VG. I only preordered the basic edition so I'm a little disappointed I won't get Adam or the IO skins but oh well I'll be rocking my gold gnasher/flaming hammie :D

edit: Is the IO skins animated? I've heard they are and aren't. If they aren't I feel alot better about not having them.

chainsawsquirrel
08-17-2011, 11:11 AM
Well I'm glad that they made the gold gnasher 100% exclusive to VG. I only preordered the basic edition so I'm a little disappointed I won't get Adam or the IO skins but oh well I'll be rocking my gold gnasher/flaming hammie :D

edit: Is the IO skins animated? I've heard they are and aren't. If they aren't I feel alot better about not having them.

originally they weren't animated, but then everyone on forums was saying "no, that sucks we want it animated" so now it has been confirmed several times by them on twitter that it's now animated.

Ag3nt471986
08-18-2011, 07:32 AM
if you have the veteren gears achievement and got reset you can still get all the gold freebies so even the glitchers will have em ;(

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2011/06/24/gears-of-war-3-unlocks-for-playing-past-gears-games-detailed-by-epic/

Fergusson went on to explain that achievements are the easiest way to track and reward those who have played the previous games. "Generally whenever we do unlocks, we do it based on achievements. That's why I've been trying to tell people about the level 100 thing. No, it's not about getting level 100 [in 'Gears of War 2' multiplayer] , it's about Veteran Gear. Get that achievement and that'll get you something.

Bobbe
08-18-2011, 09:30 AM
what if i unlock the achievement offline?? will i get the golden weapons?

chainsawsquirrel
08-18-2011, 11:31 AM
what if i unlock the achievement offline?? will i get the golden weapons?

probably because if u unlocked other achievements offline before u got xbox live members, those achievements are still tied to ur gamertag.

SpikeyNL
08-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Ok... Everybody is whining about the gun skins etc etc.. I got myself the LE. and currently trying to get the VG achievement. But i want the achievement just to 100% GoW2. Not for some skins. I think its cool to get those extra's. I later on wanted to change my LE order into EE, cause i thought it over, and i really wanted the statue.. But i was too late, sold out.

The statue is the best thing that comes with the EE. That way you can show off in RL. Some skins on players i dont know, i dont care about. so what is the big deal. Just enjoy this awesome game. And i also think Epic is doing a great job. flawlessly.

chainsawsquirrel
08-18-2011, 01:34 PM
Ok... Everybody is whining about the gun skins etc etc.. I got myself the LE. and currently trying to get the VG achievement. But i want the achievement just to 100% GoW2. Not for some skins. I think its cool to get those extra's. I later on wanted to change my LE order into EE, cause i thought it over, and i really wanted the statue.. But i was too late, sold out.

The statue is the best thing that comes with the EE. That way you can show off in RL. Some skins on players i dont know, i dont care about. so what is the big deal. Just enjoy this awesome game. And i also think Epic is doing a great job. flawlessly.

ye but in rl who r u gonna show it off to? those in rl arn't really gonna care most likely. but those on gow3 will, thus having EE exclusive content matters. only way to show off now is using adam fenix with IO skins.

M1keX
08-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Just a fyi HMV still has the IO skin pack down as being in the LE and i know its been said its not but surely these sites need to change their info because people are going be pre ordering thinking that this is the right info when infact its not and will be pissed off when they find out (when it arrives) :/

heres the link http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=5300;6;-1;-1;-1&sku=59288&_tag.WT.ac=HC_GEARS_OF_WAR_3-PBODY-GEARS_3_2WIDE-Gears+Of+War+3%3Cbr%3ELimited+Collectors+Edition-59288#anchorSynopsis

chainsawsquirrel
08-18-2011, 02:58 PM
Just a fyi HMV still has the IO skin pack down as being in the LE and i know its been said its not but surely these sites need to change their info because people are going be pre ordering thinking that this is the right info when infact its not and will be pissed off when they find out (when it arrives) :/

heres the link http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=5300;6;-1;-1;-1&sku=59288&_tag.WT.ac=HC_GEARS_OF_WAR_3-PBODY-GEARS_3_2WIDE-Gears+Of+War+3%3Cbr%3ELimited+Collectors+Edition-59288#anchorSynopsis

ffs, game.com.au updated it and now they dont say it comes with the IO pack, but now HMV has taken its place >.<

Burning Karma
08-19-2011, 02:22 AM
ye but in rl who r u gonna show it off to? those in rl arn't really gonna care most likely. but those on gow3 will, thus having EE exclusive content matters. only way to show off now is using adam fenix with IO skins.
Uh, you know, those real life friends you have that are also gamers?

chainsawsquirrel
08-19-2011, 09:26 AM
Uh, you know, those real life friends you have that are also gamers?

i have almost no real life friends that give a fuck about gears of war. maybe 1 or two.

DJzero
08-19-2011, 07:55 PM
i have almost no real life friends that give a fuck about gears of war. maybe 1 or two.

Ditto, actually. :(

chainsawsquirrel
08-19-2011, 07:56 PM
Ditto, actually. :(

what??????

DJzero
08-19-2011, 08:00 PM
what??????

I'm in the same boat as you. Just commenting.
When Saiyu made his post, I couldn't help but think "what IRL friends?" LOL

chainsawsquirrel
08-19-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm in the same boat as you. Just commenting.
When Saiyu made his post, I couldn't help but think "what IRL friends?" LOL

i think this is the first time a pokemon has been used as a verb.

Burning Karma
08-19-2011, 11:36 PM
i think this is the first time a pokemon has been used as a verb.
It was a verb long before it became a Pokemon....

chainsawsquirrel
08-20-2011, 12:43 AM
It was a verb long before it became a Pokemon....

really? well now ik why it's called ditto =/

HGC GrizzlyBear
08-20-2011, 10:15 AM
Personally, I think the hot pink skin will be more stylish than the gold or IO imo. And who honestly cares if "everyone" has gold skins or IO skins to begin with. Its not like I'll be giving a s*** when they have them and are mostly garbage anyways lol. To me, it's all about enjoying your time within the game itself, not who has what "exclusive" unlocks. It is no different than those who 10th prestige lobbied their profiles in MW2 and then go double digit negative every game they are in your lobby lol.

chainsawsquirrel
08-20-2011, 10:51 AM
Personally, I think the hot pink skin will be more stylish than the gold or IO imo. And who honestly cares if "everyone" has gold skins or IO skins to begin with. Its not like I'll be giving a s*** when they have them and are mostly garbage anyways lol. To me, it's all about enjoying your time within the game itself, not who has what "exclusive" unlocks. It is no different than those who 10th prestige lobbied their profiles in MW2 and then go double digit negative every game they are in your lobby lol.

it's not necessarily about how cool the skin looks, it's about the fact that people worked hard for the veteran gear achievement and they wanted something to show for it and were outraged to find that most of them didn't need the veteran gear achievement to get the reward. so all that work for nothing. on top of that, what was more enfuriating was the fact that epic said that the gold gnasher was going to be a reward for the "hardcore fans" for getting the achievement, and then they suddenly decided to give it away to every noob who plays the first week of the game who'd think nothing of it. they just gave in to the cry babies who say "i want to be able to get that skin and epic arn't giving me the chance". when infact it's more like "i want the same stuff as u, but i dont want to work as hard as u for it" actually, epic gave everyone the chance, otherwise people wouldn't be able to get it in the first place.

but atleast they took it back and made the gold gnasher vet gear exclusive.

with the IO skins, some people who bought the EE/LE console are mad because they're big big fans of the game, and they want something to show for that as well, just like the VG achievement. and then epic gave it away to the controller and almost the LE, but they confirmed that the LE doesn't have the IO pack, and the retailers were wrong. those retailers have now updated their sites and no longer say the IO pack is in the LE. others who bought the EE for the DLC will be dead happy to find out that the IO is in the controller too.

CHICHO
08-22-2011, 04:46 AM
it's not necessarily about how cool the skin looks, it's about the fact that people worked hard for the veteran gear achievement and they wanted something to show for it and were outraged to find that most of them didn't need the veteran gear achievement to get the reward. so all that work for nothing. on top of that, what was more enfuriating was the fact that epic said that the gold gnasher was going to be a reward for the "hardcore fans" for getting the achievement, and then they suddenly decided to give it away to every noob who plays the first week of the game who'd think nothing of it. they just gave in to the cry babies who say "i want to be able to get that skin and epic arn't giving me the chance". when infact it's more like "i want the same stuff as u, but i dont want to work as hard as u for it" actually, epic gave everyone the chance, otherwise people wouldn't be able to get it in the first place.

but atleast they took it back and made the gold gnasher vet gear exclusive.

with the IO skins, some people who bought the EE/LE console are mad because they're big big fans of the game, and they want something to show for that as well, just like the VG achievement. and then epic gave it away to the controller and almost the LE, but they confirmed that the LE doesn't have the IO pack, and the retailers were wrong. those retailers have now updated their sites and no longer say the IO pack is in the LE. others who bought the EE for the DLC will be dead happy to find out that the IO is in the controller too.

What about the achievement as "something to show for it". Honestly anyone who complained about this whole gold gun fiasco is bottom of the barrel.

DJzero
08-22-2011, 05:05 AM
What about the achievement as "something to show for it". Honestly anyone who complained about this whole gold gun fiasco is bottom of the barrel.

Everyone will always have their own thing to complain about.

The ONLY golden gun I really care about is the Sawed Off. I don't play enough to earn Veteran Gear (you need a lot of free time!). I'm not talented enough to beat Gears 1 on Insane. So I'm losing out on the one golden gun I really want. Oh well, life goes on. I have my golden P-Lancer. I'll get some others for playing day one. And that will be that.

AdvancedRanger
08-23-2011, 02:08 AM
Rod has just confirmed on Twitch.TV that the unlocks for getting Veteran Gear is that you will get all the Gold Weapons for Gears 3, each will also have a second way of unlocking it also.

Lancer - have in Gears 2 or Veteran Gear
Hammerburst - have in Gears 2 or Veteran Gear
Retro Lancer - Unlock in Gears 3 Beta or Veteran Gear
Gnasher - Play the first week of Gears 3 or Veteran Gear
Sawn-Off - Commando Achievement in Gears 1 or Veteran Gear.

The Veteran Gears also get the Old Guard medal and title for Gears 3 as well.

Lancer and Hammerburst are attainable through playing week 1 of the release.
gnasher is the only VG exclusive.

chainsawsquirrel
08-23-2011, 03:12 AM

take a look at this thread then http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=811426. over 10,000 posts =O. "something to show for it" meaning something to prove or show off that we got the VG achievement.

chainsawsquirrel
08-23-2011, 03:14 AM
Lancer and Hammerburst are attainable through playing week 1 of the release.
gnasher is the only VG exclusive.

did u look at the date of that post? if u did and his info was outdated b4 the post then fair enough.

CHICHO
08-23-2011, 03:22 AM
take a look at this thread then http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=811426. over 10,000 posts =O. "something to show for it" meaning something to prove or show off that we got the VG achievement.

We were gonna get the gold guns anyway so I still think everyone is a whiny bitch. It's a game and you didn't have to go through with getting the VG achievement. You did it of your own volition so none of us are entitled to anything. You should be glad that you get anything for having the achievement. Most companies wouldn't even give us a title for having an achievement in a previous game much less skins for weapons.

chainsawsquirrel
08-23-2011, 01:56 PM
We were gonna get the gold guns anyway so I still think everyone is a whiny bitch. It's a game and you didn't have to go through with getting the VG achievement. You did it of your own volition so none of us are entitled to anything. You should be glad that you get anything for having the achievement. Most companies wouldn't even give us a title for having an achievement in a previous game much less skins for weapons.

u fail to understand that we were mad because epic said they were going to reward veteran gears with some exclusive content, and they went back on it or lied. that's why people got pissed off.

Hot Juicy Pie
08-23-2011, 07:25 PM
Most games wouldn't make outlandish promises for exclusive content either. Epic DID, and thus it was expected that they hold up to their word. Plain and simple.

CHICHO
08-23-2011, 08:25 PM
u fail to understand that we were mad because epic said they were going to reward veteran gears with some exclusive content, and they went back on it or lied. that's why people got pissed off.

Most games wouldn't make outlandish promises for exclusive content either. Epic DID, and thus it was expected that they hold up to their word. Plain and simple.

You do know that the medal and title the only VG's can get right? So that's pretty exclusive. And not everyone would have every gold gun unless they had every prerequisite to obtain them and the VG achievement would give them all to you. So that's kind of an exclusive as well. It's not like everyone who plays Gears is a VG. I've seen so many players without the achievement I started thinking the XP events weren't working. So VG was still special even before the change.

chainsawsquirrel
08-23-2011, 09:05 PM
You do know that the medal and title the only VG's can get right? So that's pretty exclusive. And not everyone would have every gold gun unless they had every prerequisite to obtain them and the VG achievement would give them all to you. So that's kind of an exclusive as well. It's not like everyone who plays Gears is a VG. I've seen so many players without the achievement I started thinking the XP events weren't working. So VG was still special even before the change.

sorry i also forgot to mention, we saw the VG old guard medal in the beta. and also, not only did rod fergusson say it was exclusive, he said it was also something we hadn't seen yet. even so, you have to do ranked match making in order to see that medal, and not everyone likes ranked either and ur only gonna see it for 10 seconds in lobby anyway.

edit: if u think our side of the arguement is so unreasonable, why did epic change their minds and give us the gold gnasher as exclusive content? it's not so much to ask anyway so idk what the problem u see is.

CHICHO
08-23-2011, 09:43 PM
sorry i also forgot to mention, we saw the VG old guard medal in the beta. and also, not only did rod fergusson say it was exclusive, he said it was also something we hadn't seen yet. even so, you have to do ranked match making in order to see that medal, and not everyone likes ranked either and ur only gonna see it for 10 seconds in lobby anyway.

edit: if u think our side of the arguement is so unreasonable, why did epic change their minds and give us the gold gnasher as exclusive content? it's not so much to ask anyway so idk what the problem u see is.

Your side isn't unreasonable. People are just whiny bitches by nature and always think they are entitled to stuff when they aren't. Epic changed because obviously it was a shit storm so they had no choice. All I know is true Gears fans didn't complain about it. We were all just happy to get something. You don't see games like COD or BF give you stuff for having achievements in previous games.

chainsawsquirrel
08-24-2011, 12:28 AM
Your side isn't unreasonable. People are just whiny bitches by nature and always think they are entitled to stuff when they aren't. Epic changed because obviously it was a shit storm so they had no choice. All I know is true Gears fans didn't complain about it. We were all just happy to get something. You don't see games like COD or BF give you stuff for having achievements in previous games.

you dont have to not whine about something to be a true fan, that's just ur definition of the term so take that back. and alot of VGs weren't getting anything except the next to useless medal because they already had all the requisits for all gold weapons without having to get VG achievement. and so what if the producers of cod and bf dont give u anything for past games, that's their decision. epic decided to for 2 reasons: sell more gears 1 & 2 copies, and to reward loyal fans ofcourse. anyway, epic promised VGs some "exclusive" content that we'd never seen b4 and they went back on both of those, but now only one.

and epic did have a choice to change it, at the end of the day, they're a business who exist for the sole purpose of making money and could just be selfish dicks and ignore it all by not doing anything because their best interest is the profits they make at the end of the year. but no, they've been considerate and changed it back so VGs do get atleast 1 thing nice that they have to prove they got the achievement.

"People are just whiny bitches by nature and always think they are entitled to stuff when they aren't."

by that logic, that makes you either a 'whiny bitch' or u r simply not a person :p

also, i repeat, epic promised some exclusive content for veteran gears, so i think that does entitle them to it unless epic decide to be assholes for a change.

Hot Juicy Pie
08-24-2011, 12:33 AM

Titles and Emblems do not display in social, which majority of the community plays. Thus was the problem. Nice try though.

chainsawsquirrel
08-24-2011, 12:46 AM
Titles and Emblems do not display in social, which majority of the community plays. Thus was the problem. Nice try though.

seriously dude, ur avatar pic is an eyesore. nice locust bust tho =P dom: how could a mother love a face like that?

my responce: how could you love a face like that!?

:eek::eek::eek: :eek::eek::eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

eek spelt with eek smileys went horribley wrong XD

Hot Juicy Pie
08-24-2011, 12:49 AM
seriously dude, ur avatar pic is an eyesore. nice locust bust tho =P dom: how could a mother love a face like that?

my responce: how could you love a face like that!?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

eek spelt with eek smileys went horribley wrong XD13 days of gears grand prize winner, sup

chainsawsquirrel
08-24-2011, 01:16 AM
13 days of gears grand prize winner, sup

what??? :confused::confused::confused:

Hot Juicy Pie
08-24-2011, 01:44 AM
what??? :confused::confused::confused:

Microsoft Game Studios today announced "13 Days of Gears," a special promotion that kicks off Feb. 1 in the U.S. where players can win fantastic prize packages every day for 13 straight days. Dozens of winners will be selected at random over the 13 day period to win "Gears of War" themed prize packages collectively worth over $25,000.

Registration for "13 Days of Gears" is now open and runs through Jan. 31 at www.xbox.com/wbgow (http://www.xbox.com/wbgow) and on Xbox LIVE. Players can register for the promotion through either method as well as access a variety of "Gears of War 2" content. Then from Feb. 1-13, all players need to do to be eligible for the day's prizes is to play a match of the predetermined "Gears of War 2" multiplayer mode for that day. Thirteen Grand Prize packages will be awarded (one each day), consisting of:
* A Samsung 40" 1080p LCD HDTV
* An Xbox 360 Limited Edition Red Wireless Controller
* A Marcus Fenix bronze statue from Mindzeye Studios
* A life-size Locust drone maquette from TriForce Sales
* The "Gears of War 2" video game soundtrack from Sumthing Else
* The Gears of War Aspho Fields novel from Random House imprint, Del Rey
* Codes to download the golden Hammerburst and Lancer
* A "Gears of War 2" poster signed by members of the development team

In addition, five daily First Prizes will be awarded, which will include the soundtrack, novel, in-game golden weapons and a signed poster. This.................

chainsawsquirrel
08-24-2011, 11:44 AM
This.................[/I]

sweeeeeeeeet

Karlos2021
08-24-2011, 10:54 PM
It's a little disappointing to be honest. It's not really that special considering and a little annoying as I thought the Golden Retro Lancer was a beta exclusive unlockable. Weapon wise, all I'll be missing is the Golden Hammerburst, but I'm working on getting up to level 100 (currently level 54, so I've got a way to go yet).

Hot Juicy Pie
08-24-2011, 11:34 PM
It's a little disappointing to be honest. It's not really that special considering and a little annoying as I thought the Golden Retro Lancer was a beta exclusive unlockable. Weapon wise, all I'll be missing is the Golden Hammerburst, but I'm working on getting up to level 100 (currently level 54, so I've got a way to go yet).In all honesty, what person who invested time to get VG, didnt get the beta???

And no, you'll be missing the gold gnasher too as it has been changed to ONLY be available to VGs.

Karlos2021
08-24-2011, 11:45 PM
In all honesty, what person who invested time to get VG, didnt get the beta???

And no, you'll be missing the gold gnasher too as it has been changed to ONLY be available to VGs.

True, but I thought they'd have done something a little different for Veteran Gears than the weapon skins, etc.

If the Gnasher's been changed it looks like I'm going to have to get on with it then.

Hot Juicy Pie
08-24-2011, 11:51 PM
True, but I thought they'd have done something a little different for Veteran Gears than the weapon skins, etc.

If the Gnasher's been changed it looks like I'm going to have to get on with it then. Yea originally it was all gold weapons, and gnasher unlocked for playing in week one. They changed it to gold lancer and hammerburst being week one unlocks now, so the gnasher is the only gun exclusive to VG, in addition to vg unlocking all golds