PDA

View Full Version : Mw3 beta?

Coadster1
08-14-2011, 06:39 AM
Alright, so I was snooping around, like I usually do before I go to sleep. I happened to go to on one of my friend's list (not going to say who, for privacy) and I saw this status on one of my friend's friends (Again, not going to say who, for privacy reasons). I was never aware MW3 had a BETA, it must be a private one or something. Maybe he works for IW or Sledgehammer. But why does it say Gears of War? Whenever I click on his profile, it says he's playing Warzone on Fuel Depot. Does anyone know about this?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6373&stc=1&d=1313303917

fax5jrj
08-14-2011, 07:05 AM
I wouldn't know much about this, but considering it's Call of Duty, I highly doubt it. Modern Warfare 2 turned out super swell (NOT) in the first month or so maybe they're trying to prevent that, but if there was one, it's a little late to announce it.

And if there was a beta going on at the moment, I'm pretty sure everyone in the gaming community would know, since it would be all over the place.

cHRiSCOe
08-14-2011, 07:26 AM
That's his signature :)

SubG3nius
08-14-2011, 09:33 AM
Why would it say he was playing Gears for? Sounds fishy. He's not a hacker or something?

Not late to announce a beta, but highly doubt there will be one, at least not a beta open for the public.

Rep
08-14-2011, 09:37 AM
That has to be his Motto/Location or whatever goes there. He must of put it there so people would think he was playing it.

Demonhunter21
08-14-2011, 12:19 PM
That has to be his Motto/Location or whatever goes there. He must of put it there so people would think he was playing it.
doubt it, if you look at the others they're all on the on the left and this starts at the exact same place as where gears starts only a little below.

I think its some sort status hack or something, I know its do-able on PS3 and not sure about xbox 360 so don't take my word for it or anything

Rep
08-14-2011, 12:33 PM
doubt it, if you look at the others they're all on the on the left and this starts at the exact same place as where gears starts only a little below.

I think its some sort status hack or something, I know its do-able on PS3 and not sure about xbox 360 so don't take my word for it or anything

True, but if you look down at the guy who was offline for 41 minutes, that could be where the guy put MW3 beta.

Hamburgerous
08-14-2011, 01:12 PM
Why would it say he was playing Gears for? Sounds fishy. He's not a hacker or something?

Not late to announce a beta, but highly doubt there will be one, at least not a beta open for the public.

ALL games go through a beta phase. All of them. Ever.

But a public Beta is essential a publicity stunt that serves to tell them what they already suspected unless something is really, really broken.

Demonhunter21
08-14-2011, 01:46 PM
True, but if you look down at the guy who was offline for 41 minutes, that could be where the guy put MW3 beta.
although that started from far left as well, you could be right, guess it'll be a while till we find out how it was done exactly.

on a side note - I like your taste in cars :)

Coadster1
08-14-2011, 01:59 PM
I personally don't know the guy, but I might ask him about it later today or something, I just don't want to spam him with messages. Later that night, it changed from Gears of War to Xbox 360 Dashboard, but he was still playing the Modern Warfare 3 BETA. That can't be his motto, it's definitely his status, his motto/name was to the left, not in the picture...

That's his signature :):wtf

Demonhunter21
08-14-2011, 02:02 PM
by signature he meant motto/location I think

Coadster1
08-14-2011, 02:08 PM
by signature he meant motto/location I think
Oh. Well like I said, that couldn't be his motto, unless he works for IW or Sledgehammer and was testing the game, I guess he probably hacked his status. :confused:

cHRiSCOe
08-15-2011, 09:28 AM
Oh. Well like I said, that couldn't be his motto, unless he works for IW or Sledgehammer and was testing the game, I guess he probably hacked his status. :confused:

It's on of his things on his profile, not motto because that can only have 21 characters.

Coadster1
08-15-2011, 09:31 AM
Yeah I ment motto. Trust me though, I had it as mine for a while until I started getting messages everyday.

You know you can put spaces between so it spaces it out to look better..

Now that I look at it more, I think it might be his name, because after it says Playing Modern Warfare 3 BETA, it has - ... like his motto would come next or something.

cHRiSCOe
08-15-2011, 09:48 AM
Now that I look at it more, I think it might be his name, because after it says Playing Modern Warfare 3 BETA, it has - ... like his motto would come next or something.

Yeah it may be his name because a motto can only hold 23 characters

Demonhunter21
08-15-2011, 04:11 PM
probably is that then, he could have put a lot of spaces at the start of it and got it so that it appears there.

Coadster1
08-15-2011, 05:29 PM
probably is that then, he could have put a lot of spaces at the start of it and got it so that it appears there.

Yeah, if that's the case, he sure fooled me! :p

IVIR BLOBBY
08-17-2011, 01:55 AM
Laughed as i read the title for this, like MW3 will have a beta

were just pigs to the slaughter buying this game it could have a javelin glitch, infinite bullets glitch infinite chuck norris fistspam attack, every problem in the world & it will still make it to No.1 best selling game of all time as black ops & mw2 did before it

KiidxLuNa7iic
08-17-2011, 02:56 AM
My friend does this to scam people you put 49 spaces in the name (click profile then click name) then you write what ever you want to show up under the game that your playing and when your offline it will be under that.
Example-
Playing Modern Warfare 2
Playing Modern Warfare 3 beta
Offline for 3 hours
Playing Modern Warfare 3 Beta

If you dont believe me put 49 space in your name then write something and it will appear under your game that your playing. Thats what my friend does and scams little kids for microsoft points.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
08-17-2011, 08:20 AM
My friend does this to scam people you put 49 spaces in the name (click profile then click name) then you write what ever you want to show up under the game that your playing and when your offline it will be under that.
Example-
Playing Modern Warfare 2
Playing Modern Warfare 3 beta
Offline for 3 hours
Playing Modern Warfare 3 Beta

If you dont believe me put 49 space in your name then write something and it will appear under your game that your playing. Thats what my friend does and scams little kids for microsoft points.

Lol :D
Maybe I'm gonna try this out...

NOT for microsoft points

Coadster1
08-17-2011, 08:22 AM
My brother and I tested that out and it works. Put all the spaces in front of your name, and then put Playing Modern Warfare 3 BETA so it's perfectly lined up. Case closed! :locked

ConfederateSuga
08-17-2011, 08:44 AM
^lol

10chars