PDA

View Full Version : How do you drive a 326 yard green in one?

Funky Claude
08-17-2011, 03:53 AM
I'm working on getting my 'win 10 online games' pin to help toward my 'collect all pins' achievement. I have played some online opponents and am not sure how others can hit a lot further than me? I have all prototype equipment and my golfer is sitting at 99% power. Am i still missing something?
:confused:

Minty
08-17-2011, 03:55 AM
326 yards is nothing. You should be getting that far without power boosts.

You should be more concerned when the green is 375-400 yards about getting on in 1.

cHRiSCOe
08-17-2011, 03:55 AM
Wind power is killer in driving long range. They probably had gale force winds coming from behind them. My character is sitting around 80 something and I can drive over 320 about every time.

Big Stoz
08-17-2011, 02:52 PM
Have you tuned your clubs ?

You should be driving 325 easy with the prototype clubs (without power boosts as Minty said, you are using power boosts as well aren't you ??)

NJAM14Titleist
08-21-2011, 01:57 AM
If you have the Prototype clubs you should be able to drive the ball well past 326.

Stewie Griffin2
08-21-2011, 10:46 PM
Have you tuned your clubs ?

You should be driving 325 easy with the prototype clubs (without power boosts as Minty said, you are using power boosts as well aren't you ??)

This. First, go into the club tuner and make sure that the prototype clubs are actually equipped. There's been plenty of reports that people's clubs are being reset automatically. Once you've confirmed they're equipped, increase your power and lower your spin and loft. I'm pretty sure this game has a default sweet spot on the driver around 75%, which is ridiculous. Also, if you're hitting a 10.5 or 11.5 degree driver, you're losing yardage as well. Try a 9.5 or 8.5 degree driver to increase the amount of roll you'll get.

If you're worried about keeping a forgiving sweet spot, lower your workability. On 99% of holes you won't need more than the minimum, as you're going to be able to hit some part of the fairway and use spin to keep your ball out of the rough. I try to keep my sweet spot around 30-35%, but that's just me. I always keep the workability on my driver at the minimum setting to allow me to increase the other stats.

As has been said, 325 yards is nothing. If you're not cracking 300 on a regular basis, then you've really got to work on some things. If nothing I've already said works, I don't know what else to tell you. You may have just been playing one of the dbags that have modded controllers that always hit perfectly straight, which allows them to bring their sweet spot down to 14% without fear of ever shanking their drive.

True Marvellous
09-06-2011, 12:40 AM
If your using the 3 click system is power boosting just going into over swing??