PDA

View Full Version : Interesting "Point Streaks" in MW3

iLLMATICxKiNG
08-18-2011, 12:26 AM
Similar to Medal of Honor's system in which rewards were given out.

Certain things like kills, assists, headshots, captures, etc. build up points to your next reward.

As of now there are three known point streak rewards and they are:

Predator Missile: ?
Intelligent Munitions System (IMS): ?
Juggernaut: 14 points

More details to come at Call of Duty: XP September 2nd & 3rd.

Thoughts? Concerns?
Source: http://www.imodernwarfare3.com/modern-warfare-3-point-streak-rewards/

AFreakinCabbag3
08-19-2011, 05:11 PM
The thing I found with MoH was once you got one you always used the support option to get the rest of the streaks.

Rivercurse
08-19-2011, 06:55 PM
It's a new idea to me, never played the MoH series.

In principle it sounds OK I guess, but I'll reserve judgement for now until more is known.

MxPx
08-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Reminds me of BF, where you have to buy rewards.

CFC07
08-19-2011, 08:44 PM
It should be good i liked it on MOH

MC B0B x360a
08-19-2011, 09:29 PM
Like any of the "new" gimmicks, I will have to wait and see how this turns out in reality. It has the potential to work well, but I said the same thing about Battle Points in Homefront.

JASEL84
08-19-2011, 09:38 PM
Sounds nice good news for players who play objectives now they will be rewarded wtih streaks.

AFreakinCabbag3
08-19-2011, 09:49 PM
Like any of the "new" gimmicks, I will have to wait and see how this turns out in reality. It has the potential to work well, but I said the same thing about Battle Points in Homefront.

The only prob I had with them was once you had a tank, you had a tank. I can rush spawn and grab 2000BP within the first 2 mins most lobbies and then I just sit in the tank and when I get it I then normally get enought to buy a new one when I die and so it repeats. So I get 10 mins of tankage which is never fun for the other team.

Guitarr Steve
08-19-2011, 11:58 PM
All I'm hoping is there's no goddamn tanks or super OP helicopters. Tanks have driven me away from BF games out of sheer anger.

snipingheadshot
08-29-2011, 10:44 PM
It has the potential to work well, but I said the same thing about Battle Points in Homefront.

What didn't you like about the battle points?

All I'm hoping is there's no goddamn tanks or super OP helicopters. Tanks have driven me away from BF games out of sheer anger.

For pointstreaks or just vehicles in general? 402 has already claimed that this game will be more focused on gun on gun action. As far as vehicles go, I highly doubt there will be any vehicles based off of what 402 said above. Hopefully that means that the pointstreaks won't be ridiculous, ie nuke. Yes, I know the nuke is not returning.

I've always wanted a system like this, but we'll have to see how much they reward you for playing the objective, shooting down UAV's, etc.

sheem
09-01-2011, 04:11 AM
awsome cant wait