PDA

View Full Version : Official Praise Thread

DOPE BOI
08-18-2011, 07:59 AM
I am a huge Deus Ex fan and believe that this game will need a thread like this.

So far I am in the beginning and at first I was a little let down by the cutscene graphics and such but the in game graphics and the level of detail is great.

Its nice having options of how I want to handle a situation, hack, stealth, full assault.

I was even reading a email and the CEO was sent some Nigerian spam saying they wanted to deposit the sum of 47 million into the account but would need their personal info. LMAO everyone has received one of those before.

As a gamer you owe it to yourself to play this game.

heres a little tip Its nothing major but I found it fun to hack a turret and then carry it around. I would use them to cover aread for me, etc.

I would have loved if this game had a 3D option.

Rep
08-18-2011, 09:29 AM
Just started it not too long ago. I've never played a Deus Ex game before so I wouldn't know what to expect. But so far, I like the graphics and the decisions you get to make.

I also agree that this should have a 3D option.

Lone Soldier x7
08-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Praise the Lord!

Dirty130
08-18-2011, 09:56 PM
Apart from the sloppy control scheme you can't change and the lip syncing, I'm enjoying it so far. Though really, only having ONE choice of controller mapping in a game built around choice, is.. well, silly. You would think in Today's games we would be able to customise the controls to your own personal liking. Crouching with L3 and aiming down your ironsights with R3, c'mon now, what were they thinking?

Still I'm gonna try to stick it out as it certainly grows on you.

fastNcurious
08-19-2011, 02:46 AM
Apart from the sloppy control scheme you can't change and the lip syncing, I'm enjoying it so far. Though really, only have ONE choice of controller mapping in a game built around choice, is.. well, silly. You would think in Today's games we would be able to customise the controls to your own personal liking. Crouching with L3 and aiming down your ironsights with R3, c'mon now, what were they thinking?

L3? R3? Lolwat? Are you using an Xbox 720?

I agree though that all controls in all games should be customizable. Not sure why it's so hard to code.

Dirty130
08-19-2011, 05:38 AM
L3? R3? Lolwat? Are you using an Xbox 720?

I agree though that all controls in all games should be customizable. Not sure why it's so hard to code.

Okay, okay. For the overly critical or just plain confused;
LSB (Left Stick Button) Aka L3 - Crouch.
RSB (Right Stick Button) Aka R3 - Aim down sights.

Better?

thelatestmodel
08-19-2011, 06:44 AM
How are you guys playing it already? The PC preview build?

DOPE BOI
08-19-2011, 07:08 AM
Apart from the sloppy control scheme you can't change and the lip syncing, I'm enjoying it so far. Though really, only having ONE choice of controller mapping in a game built around choice, is.. well, silly. You would think in Today's games we would be able to customise the controls to your own personal liking. Crouching with L3 and aiming down your ironsights with R3, c'mon now, what were they thinking?

Still I'm gonna try to stick it out as it certainly grows on you.

I agree I hate this control scheme, I dont like having to use the right analog to look down the sights. After playing El Shaddai, which has fully customization of the button layout, I felt like I took a step back.

The enemy AI can be questionable at times. There have been times that I was crouched right in front of a guy and he acted like he didnt see me saying " Is anyone there ".

Still this is a great game and while playing through the first time, I am planning my next playthrough.

Vigor
08-19-2011, 07:40 AM
Great thread, DOPE BOI, loving the info!

Dirty130
08-19-2011, 07:58 AM
I agree I hate this control scheme, I dont like having to use the right analog to look down the sights. After playing El Shaddai, which has fully customization of the button layout, I felt like I took a step back.

The enemy AI can be questionable at times. There have been times that I was crouched right in front of a guy and he acted like he didnt see me saying " Is anyone there ".

Still this is a great game and while playing through the first time, I am planning my next playthrough.

Yeah, "Questionable" is a good way to put it. Sometimes they act very blind and robotic when you're sneaking around and other times they spot you from miles away.

I've been in someone's office hacking their computer while a guard looks through the glass panel in the door right at me and just walked off.

..and don't even get me started on the hacking.

Poganin
08-19-2011, 09:28 AM
Heh, funny how the early reviews failed to criticise both the long load times and the awkward control scheme, but I guess we all know how that happened.

Dirty130
08-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Heh, funny how the early reviews failed to criticise both the long load times and the awkward control scheme, but I guess we all know how that happened.

I don't find the load screens too long, but it's ovbious they do take longer than most games. However they aren't as long as Duke Nukem Forever.

Some of the characters you interact with are represented very bad grapically for a game coming out in the second half of 2011. For example, A cop I was talking to had a very square mullet and Playstation 2 face. Sounds trivial, but you will see yourself. Saw worse in Duke..

When going for a Takedown, lethal or not, you hit the B Button and Bam! A quick black screen appears while the animation loads up. Bugs the shit out of me..

Menus are abit clumsy too..

Enough for now cuz it's meant to be a praise thread.

thelatestmodel
08-19-2011, 11:44 AM
When going for a Takedown, letal or not, you hit the B Button and Bam! A quick black screen appears while the animation loads up. Bugs the shit out of me..

What format are you playing it on?

DOPE BOI
08-19-2011, 10:52 PM
I don't find the load screens too long, but it's ovbious they do take longer than most games. However they aren't as long as Duke Nukem Forever.

Some of the characters you interact with are represented very bad grapically for a game coming out in the second half of 2011. For example, A cop I was talking to had a very square mullet and Playstation 2 face. Sounds trivial, but you will see yourself. Saw worse in Duke..

When going for a Takedown, lethal or not, you hit the B Button and Bam! A quick black screen appears while the animation loads up. Bugs the shit out of me..

Menus are abit clumsy too..

Enough for now cuz it's meant to be a praise thread.Im playing on the 360 and I have it installed and the loading times dont seem long to me either.

I was expecting more in graphics but what Im getting in gameplay makes up for it.

I have not had a single bug or glitch happen to me as of yet. The Takedowns happen flawless for me and they are dope too. Lethal or non-lethal I feel like a badass when I take out 2 people at once.

Menus seem fine to me but I guess they could be better.

In no way is this game perfect, and dont expect it to be or you will be disappointed.

I cant wait for others to play this and read their thoughts. Finally the flood of good games is starting.

Dirty130
08-19-2011, 11:24 PM
What format are you playing it on?

I'm playing on Xbox 360.

Im playing on the 360 and I have it installed and the loading times dont seem long to me either.

I was expecting more in graphics but what Im getting in gameplay makes up for it.

I have not had a single bug or glitch happen to me as of yet. The Takedowns happen flawless for me and they are dope too. Lethal or non-lethal I feel like a badass when I take out 2 people at once.

Menus seem fine to me but I guess they could be better.

In no way is this game perfect, and dont expect it to be or you will be disappointed.

I cant wait for others to play this and read their thoughts. Finally the flood of good games is starting.

Load times are fine, just if you die on a boss twice quickly, you can't help but be reminded of Duke while you wait on the loading screen.

Graphics - I totally agree. Gameplay makes up for the 'sometimes' graphical letdown.

Not saying there is a bug or glitch with the Takedowns, but it's pretty clear to me you get a black screen for about 20 frames while the Takedown loads. It's quick, almost unnoticable, but still there. And yeah, it's installed on the HDD.

Menu still bugs me abit in general, plus you can't zoom out on the maps.. But love the AUG Upgrade screen. So maybe it all evens out.

..and again with LSB and RSB for crouch and aim-down-sights. STUPID!

Still 8/10 game at the least. Some will say 9 or 10/10 I'm sure..

swl72us
08-20-2011, 04:28 AM
L3 to crouch in a stealth game! That's gonna be irritating.

Rivercurse
08-20-2011, 06:11 AM
Enough for now cuz it's meant to be a praise thread.

Noooo don't stop, this information from you two is great.

GodAnnihilation
08-20-2011, 05:01 PM
can anyone tell me the full control scheme? Im pretty intrigued as to how there gonna combine with the gameplay

Dark Splank
08-20-2011, 05:50 PM
can anyone tell me the full control scheme? Im pretty intrigued as to how there gonna combine with the gameplay

X is pretty much the A button in menu's and when using object's. Kinda annoying but used to it now.

The Bum-Mobile
08-20-2011, 10:25 PM
I fail to see how this L3 for crouch and R3 for ADS is bad. I don't have my copy yet (Have to wait until Tuesday cuz I'm SUCH a square.) but that sounds perfectly normal to me. Exactly like Rainbow Six Vegas and I loved that games and felt the controls were perfectly serviceable.

Dirty130
08-20-2011, 10:29 PM
I fail to see how this L3 for crouch and R3 for ADS is bad. I don't have my copy yet

Exactly. You haven't played it yet. The controls are probably the worst part of the game and in turn, that effects the gameplay at times.

Dirty130
08-20-2011, 10:37 PM

*Note - There are no options to change controller mapping. Get used to it.

Left Stick - Movement.
Left Stick Button - Crouch. (Toggle).
Right Stick - Camera/Look/Aim.
Right Stick Button - Aim Down Sights/Fine Aim.

D-Pad Up - Cloak.
D-Pad Down - Smart Vision.
D-Pad Left - Move Silently.
D-Pad Right - Typhoon.

Left Trigger - Take Cover. (Toggle or Non-Toggle).
Right Trigger - Fire/Shoot.
Left Bumper - Sprint.
Right Bumper - Grenade.

X - Interact/Reload.
Y - Holster/Draw Weapon (Tap). Quick Inventory (Hold).
A - Jump.
B - Non-Lethal Takedown (Tap). Lethal Takedown (Hold).

Start - Pause.
Back - Menus.

Jellybean468
08-20-2011, 10:44 PM
I don't get why they couldn't come up with a better control scheme. I've not played it yet, but it isn't exactly hard. LT for aim down sights, RT for fire gun, B for crouch, A for jump, X for interact, Y for takedown, START for pause and menu's, LS for movement, RS for camera. Sigh...

Vigor
08-20-2011, 10:52 PM
I don't get why they couldn't come up with a better control scheme. I've not played it yet, but it isn't exactly hard. LT for aim down sights, RT for fire gun, B for crouch, A for jump, X for interact, Y for takedown, START for pause and menu's, LS for movement, RS for camera. Sigh...

Sigh what?
Most of the things you mentioned are already mapped under those buttons and Take Cover is mapped to Left Trigger which makes more sense than Aim.

Crouch is toggled, I guess.

cballers2k11
08-20-2011, 11:20 PM
I have completed the game and ran into a glitch on a boss fight that ended up helping me alot though. The boss glitched out and ran in place and let me unload all my ammo into the boss. It was funny to see the boss just running in place against the wall.

Dirty130
08-20-2011, 11:48 PM
I have completed the game and ran into a glitch on a boss fight

Any signs of New Game + and which Boss was it?

cballers2k11
08-20-2011, 11:54 PM
no new game plus but it does create a save file right before the end so you can experience all the endings in deus ex in one playthrough.

it was the second boss you encounter which in my opinion was the toughest part of the game.

The Bum-Mobile
08-21-2011, 01:33 AM
Exactly. You haven't played it yet. The controls are probably the worst part of the game and in turn, that effects the gameplay at times.

Hey man, I'm just sayin'. Sounds exacty like Rainbow Six which, in my humble opinion plays fine. Now if you told me you play Rainbow Six often and still find the controls awkward, then I'd find myself puzzled and in need of hands on time with the game.

Dirty130
08-21-2011, 07:39 AM
Hey man, I'm just sayin'. Sounds exacty like Rainbow Six which, in my humble opinion plays fine. Now if you told me you play Rainbow Six often and still find the controls awkward, then I'd find myself puzzled and in need of hands on time with the game.

Yeah, I see what you're say, Bum. If the crouch and fine aim buttons are the same in Rainbow Six the transition to Deus Ex would probably be easy.

Thing is, most players will not be coming straight from Rainbow Six due to it's age. Most will be coming from that dreaded game Camp Or Die (C.O.D.) and will be muffled when shit hits the fan in-game and they keep hitting Left Trigger hoping for some form of aim down sights/aim assist/sticky aim.

Last game I was playing was RDR:Undead Nightmare and the control switch to Deus was a bitch to get used to for the first 2 hours or so.

So Bum, I guess if you're into Rainbow Six playing Deus should come pretty easy control wise. I unfortunately never got into Rainbow Six and for the record, don't play C.o.D. games.

The Bum-Mobile
08-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Understandable. R6 and CoD are completely different controls wise and I see your point. It is a little dated, most all games use the left trigger for ADS but I stuck with R6 after, what three years now? So from a modern standpoint I completely understand you.

EnteringtheCosmos
08-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Really enjoying it so far, on the second city and it is looking like something from BladeRunner. For the people not liking the graphics all i can say is wtf? it looks stunning and completely unique from most other games. For the first play-through I'm going stealthy and silent takedowns and for my second one i will go all out war.

Dirty130
08-21-2011, 09:14 PM
Really enjoying it so far, on the second city and it is looking like something from BladeRunner. For the people not liking the graphics all i can say is wtf? it looks stunning and completely unique from most other games. For the first play-through I'm going stealthy and silent takedowns and for my second one i will go all out war.

Yeah, I got that Blade Runner feeling too when I looked up at the start of the "second city". As for the graphics, they are only really a let down when talking one on one with some of the characters in the game.

LK Tien
08-22-2011, 06:48 AM
Fucccccccccckkk, I don't know if I'm more disappointed of the Vegas controls or the fact that it's the only thing I'll hate about this game.

El Stupido
08-22-2011, 06:56 AM
Hey, i've completed this game today and i wanna say that i hasn't played so addictive game since Fallout 3. Great game, so far one of the best in this year.

Midnight Malice
08-22-2011, 09:20 AM
Love how people are complaining about the controls because it isnt mapped like CoD. Thats so funny to me.
L3 to crouch and R3 to aim down sights makes the most sence if you think of it in terms or relation to the character... you move with the left stick and aim with the right stick, both of the other actions make sense on those click controls.

But I do agree that not being able to custom map, which I probably wouldnt do anyway, is like a "wait what?!???!" People can move menus with thier hand and have motion tracking dance games, but I can't switch my A and B button functions? I wonder why they left that out, complete custom remapping is really easy to program, wonder if it was just an oversight. But you would think that would be on like the QA checklist.

And to the guy that posted above me as I was typing, you finished the game this fast with only 230 points? Doesn't sound like addiction sounds like you ran through it asap and didnt do anything other than main story! I cried a little.

Anyway, good thread, and as I don't have the game yet, was just reading up in anticipation.

JuSt BLaZe
08-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Hey, i've completed this game today and i wanna say that i hasn't played so addictive game since Fallout 3. Great game, so far one of the best in this year.

Uh huh...interesting...so HOW LONG does the campaign last!? I want a hour-estimation if you don't rush through the entire game. Anyone else feel free to reply. Thanks!

Dirty130
08-22-2011, 10:56 AM
If you're playing at your own pace and doing alot of exploring, it's easy 15 hours +

I'm sure others will do it much quicker as time goes on.

JuSt BLaZe
08-22-2011, 10:57 AM
If you're playing at your own pace and doing alot of exploring, it's easy 15 hours +

I'm sure others will do it much quicker as time goes on.

I see, thanks man!

porkfriedtar
08-22-2011, 12:02 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have to hold down the left trigger to take and STAY in cover...so even if you could change the controls....what would you change it to?

Dirty130
08-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have to hold down the left trigger to take and STAY in cover...so even if you could change the controls....what would you change it to?

You can toggle the cover button if you prefer not to hold it and it could be remapped to other buttons and work the same or better. (But we'll never know).

Hoborg
08-22-2011, 05:16 PM

Why would you do that? There is an achievement related to stealth unless you're bold enough to try for that on the first run. Seems better to go war first then mop up with stealth for the harder achievements :(

Azulgrave
08-22-2011, 05:24 PM
Why would you do that? There is an achievement related to stealth unless you're bold enough to try for that on the first run. Seems better to go war first then mop up with stealth for the harder achievements :(

I actually find it easier to do the opposite got foxiest of hounds on play through 1 along with the majority of the other achievements.

El Stupido
08-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Uh huh...interesting...so HOW LONG does the campaign last!? I want a hour-estimation if you don't rush through the entire game. Anyone else feel free to reply. Thanks!
I've not found all sidequests and completed game in 25 hours.

Dirty130
08-22-2011, 09:52 PM

Wow.. I finished abit over half of the side quests and finished in about 15 Hours. Interesting. Wish this game had a stat screen of some sort.

El Stupido
08-22-2011, 10:38 PM
But i think that i've explored every hidden place and found every weapon and stuff and i've reloaded checkpoints alot if i triggered alarm, so i think yes, normal person can finish this game in 15 hours guns blazing:uzi:

JuSt BLaZe
08-23-2011, 09:37 AM

Ah ok, also thanks for the info. I can't just decide whether to buy or rent it. Cause one week later DEAD ISLAND will be running on my screen. I will know this Friday for sure hehe. ;)

Magon
08-23-2011, 10:55 AM
complete custom remapping is really easy to program
Although you are right, of course, I am just guessing that L3 and R3 are digital while LT and RT are analog, so if a game is 'counting' on the analog values rather than just using it as another 2 state thing, its not remappable. I have no clue if that's the case for DXHR, just a guess why most console games doesn't have this feature. (That's around the only thing I hate in consoles, tbh.)

the action frampton
08-23-2011, 12:29 PM
I haven't got the game, but so far it seems that x360a has yet again been very generous with the review score (no surprise there). They gave it 95 for playability, but the control scheme sounds fairly tragic - I HATE aiming down sights with R3 (and no, I'm not a fan of COD)

Rivercurse
08-23-2011, 06:18 PM
I HATE aiming down sights with R3 (and no, I'm not a fan of COD)

I'm also worried about this. I find it really unnatural.

Dirty130
08-23-2011, 09:45 PM
Although you are right, of course, I am just guessing that L3 and R3 are digital while LT and RT are analog, so if a game is 'counting' on the analog values rather than just using it as another 2 state thing, its not remappable. I have no clue if that's the case for DXHR, just a guess why most console games doesn't have this feature. (That's around the only thing I hate in consoles, tbh.)

Left Trigger is analog, but when You are either in-cover or not-in-cover, it only takes a digital reading. On or off. So you could map it to any button.

I'm also worried about this. I find it really unnatural.

Easy way to "fix" the ADS with R3: Put a Laser Target on your pistol and you'll never have to aim down the ironsights again.

The Bum-Mobile
08-23-2011, 10:30 PM
Game is awesome. Plays very well, and so far the story is playing out rather nicely. I love the designs (particularly the guards/SWAT officers). Just love it, am very satisfied with my Augmented Edition as well. I get to look at the art I love so much! Haven't checked the bonus disc yet, I'll explore it later tonight.

Matius3
08-24-2011, 08:57 PM
I love the 1st Deus Ex, 2nd one was very good. was overjoyed when i heard of Deus Ex 3, and so far loving the new game.

Qu1etMan
08-24-2011, 09:34 PM
Love it when a game delivers on the hype like this! Only have a few small complaints so far. I miss the LAM's from the first Deus Ex, could just run up to them and disarm them quickly before they'd blow, also I hate finding multiple weapons and only being able to have one of each in inventory, can suck running back and forth from a vendor if you're trying to make some money. Anyone else seen any weird corpse glitches? So far i've had a gang members i've knocked out fall oddly so that their shotgun was literally standing straight up through their crotch, this happened multiple times! :wtf

fastNcurious
08-30-2011, 07:04 AM
Having finished my first playthrough today, I think this is one of the few games I've played that has completely satisfied me. I had such high hopes before release, and the game totally delivered. From the gameplay, to the story, to all the set pieces/levels, and of course the visuals. Even the conversations between NPCs help drive the story and give you a better understanding of what's going on in the world (I should get an achievement for listening to them all)....wow, just wow.

If I was a billionaire, I would bankroll the development team to make another. Lol.

TheLegendOf1977
08-30-2011, 07:33 AM
Games like this are the reason i play video games!!

OptimusPrime76
08-30-2011, 10:08 AM
This game is superb and a solid 9/10 in my opinion. 

Having read the comments in this thread I thought I would share my thoughts as I disagree on a lot of what I've heard:

Firstly, I haven't finished the game yet. I started on hard difficulty and I'm going for the pacifist. I figured playing on hard would be easier if I'm avoiding firefights. So far I'm finding the difficulty balanced very nicely. I have to think about sneaking and learn the guard movement patterns as I don't last long if they spot me.

I'm currently in Detroit for the second time and about halfway through this hub.

Graphically I'm not sure what equipment people are using but I think the game world looks stunning, really sharp and detailed. Ok a couple of the character models look a bit blocky but on the whole I think this is a lovely looking game. I do have a very decent HD TV and I prefer using the VGA cable instead of hdmi as I find this gives a smoother picture.

I've spent around 20ish hours of game time (add another 3/4 hours of reloading) and I reckon I've got another 10 hours left at least. This will mean it's around the same time as Mass effect 2 for me (33 hours). I'm exploring and doing every side quest. This helps build xp and give you augmentations.

The story is utterly engrossing and had me hooked for most of the weekend. It's like a great book where you have that 'one more chapter' addictive quality.

Haven't had a single issue with the controls. Maybe they are better suited to the sneaky game rather than guns blazing but I found them to be fine.

Overall a very decent game. My only very minor quibbles would be that I would have liked to see more people on the streets. Yes this game has a very blade runner feel to it but when your walking down the streets and all you can see is the odd hobo standing by a bin chatting to maybe 2 other people it kinda knocks the atmosphere a little bit for me. Maybe it's the limitation of the xbox hardware I don't know but the gta games seem to be able to pull of a more convincing living breathing city than this game does.

Some of the enemy AI is a bit random. On the whole it's good but sometimes I'll be right next to them and they don't see me.

The achievements could have had a bit more thought. For a game that prides itself on 'play how you want' and 'multiple ways to get tasks done' the achievements sure do force you down the stealth part (pacifist and hound).

These are minor things really and haven't stopped me thoroughly enjoying this game so far.

daenius
08-30-2011, 11:10 AM
I love this thread, great to read reactions by "newbies" and Deus Ex-veterans alike.

It's absolutely great to hear people mention the graphics and how it's not on-par with most of the titles out there - but that's what makes it so great for me as a Deus Ex fan.
It makes me a bit nostalgic, remembering the first game back in 2000 and how I thought it was the greatest-looking game of all time :D

I am currently about 6-7 hours into the game (just arrived in China) and I absolutely love it. It's the sort of game that makes me proud to be a gamer and next to Bioshock and the original Deus Ex, it is proof that video games are an absolute art form.

The story, up until now is great - there was not a single moment where it felt out of place or forced. And I love the foreshadowing to the original Deus Ex, all the little tidbits that make me think "Wait a second, that rings a bell!" (Manderley, w00t w00t!!).

I have to agree with OptimusPrime above me concerning one point: The streets look awfully empty, especially in China (anyone who has ever been to any part of China knows what I'm talking about :)) - it's nothing that makes me enjoy the game any less, but it is worth mentioning that a denser atmosphere on the streets of cities would make the story/vibe of the game that much more enjoyable.

And exploring-wise... well, what can I say. This is what Deus Ex is about and they have absolutely nailed the original experience. I am just as happy exploring every nook and cranny of every area I am in as I was in the original Deus Ex. Human Revolution even excels the original in this area, rewarding you time and time again for thinking outside the box and exploring as much as you can.

I remember the first 15 minutes of the game, when I arrived at Sarif HQ (after the first attack) and I was told to meet with Pritchard in his office. I took my time, exploring the whole ground floor, talking to everybody, even eavesdropping on a conversation in the ladies' room - and surely enough, Pritchard told me to keep my dirty habits to myself. I love how they mention some of your exploring-habits in conversations.

All in all, I couldn't be any happier with how Human Revolution turned out, in every aspect.
I find myself not wanting to continue playing, just to prolong my experience with this game and not finish it in one sitting.

And this I haven't done ever since the original and Bioshock.

BrassBallz
08-30-2011, 04:38 PM
I have never played a Deus Ex game and, after finishing it, I was very impressed. This was a fantastic game which blended elements of Crisis, Mass Effect and Splinter Cell to create a very fun, memorable experience. Amazing graphics and music, engrossing environments & story, and seamless controls all made Deus Ex a 9.5 and a must play for fans of the aforementioned series.

I've already beat it once on normal using stealth now I'm just leaving Detroit on Hard.

Pearson
08-31-2011, 10:35 AM
This is my first foray into the Deus Ex Universe and what I have played of the game so far has been fantastic. I really didn't get to play much of the game since I had to leave for Europe the next day after launch. From the one one main quest and three or so side quest's, I had a blast and I can't wait to get back to the States to pick up where I had left off, doing a couple of missions inside of the police station. :woop:

Th3Ninj4
08-31-2011, 11:04 AM
Left Trigger is analog, but when You are either in-cover or not-in-cover, it only takes a digital reading. On or off. So you could map it to any button.

Easy way to "fix" the ADS with R3: Put a Laser Target on your pistol and you'll never have to aim down the ironsights again.

Haha i say put the target leading system on the machine pistol and you won't have to aim ever again, come on it curves the bullet into them (Wanted XD)

This was one of the best games i ever played. It combined a lot of elements i really enjoyed playing, mostly from games that i consider favorites.
Rainbow 6 Vegas: Shooting in the FP but when "hugging" a wall and blindfiring it becomes Third Person.
Splinter Cell: Hacking,Stealth,Hiding bodys. One of the Best spy games i consider it to be an all time classic for me
RPG: Points you can put into a skill tree as whether your fighting them head on such as upgrading Dermal Armor Early or Stealth,The Cloaking system.
I hope the game gives the Big 3's (GOW3,MW2,BF3) a run for their money for Game Of The Year

Rivercurse
08-31-2011, 12:54 PM
I love this thread, great to read reactions by "newbies" and Deus Ex-veterans alike.

It's absolutely great to hear people mention the graphics and how it's not on-par with most of the titles out there - but that's what makes it so great for me as a Deus Ex fan.
It makes me a bit nostalgic, remembering the first game back in 2000 and how I thought it was the greatest-looking game of all time :D

I am currently about 6-7 hours into the game (just arrived in China) and I absolutely love it. It's the sort of game that makes me proud to be a gamer and next to Bioshock and the original Deus Ex, it is proof that video games are an absolute art form.

The story, up until now is great - there was not a single moment where it felt out of place or forced. And I love the foreshadowing to the original Deus Ex, all the little tidbits that make me think "Wait a second, that rings a bell!" (Manderley, w00t w00t!!).

I have to agree with OptimusPrime above me concerning one point: The streets look awfully empty, especially in China (anyone who has ever been to any part of China knows what I'm talking about :)) - it's nothing that makes me enjoy the game any less, but it is worth mentioning that a denser atmosphere on the streets of cities would make the story/vibe of the game that much more enjoyable.

And exploring-wise... well, what can I say. This is what Deus Ex is about and they have absolutely nailed the original experience. I am just as happy exploring every nook and cranny of every area I am in as I was in the original Deus Ex. Human Revolution even excels the original in this area, rewarding you time and time again for thinking outside the box and exploring as much as you can.

I remember the first 15 minutes of the game, when I arrived at Sarif HQ (after the first attack) and I was told to meet with Pritchard in his office. I took my time, exploring the whole ground floor, talking to everybody, even eavesdropping on a conversation in the ladies' room - and surely enough, Pritchard told me to keep my dirty habits to myself. I love how they mention some of your exploring-habits in conversations.

All in all, I couldn't be any happier with how Human Revolution turned out, in every aspect.
I find myself not wanting to continue playing, just to prolong my experience with this game and not finish it in one sitting.

And this I haven't done ever since the original and Bioshock.

Great post, friend.

Gackt
08-31-2011, 02:27 PM
I enjoyed the game quite a bit, was a big fan of the first game. The only thing I would have liked is a much longer story, I didnt want it to end lol. The music is absolutely perfect, love the soundtrack to death.

Opiate42
08-31-2011, 03:21 PM
Loved the game, and would agree 9/10 easily enough.

I had no trouble with the play control, it was all pretty fluid IMHO, although I'm finding myself pressing :xbut: constantly in everything now :p.

The only issues I found was my own inability to think of alternatives in some spots and as has already been stated was the load times. But, I can let that slide.

Story was fantastic, all the "little" things like Pritchard's snide comments, civilian comments, conversations going on around you, FF27 posters and all the easter eggs and references were great. It was all very atmospheric and added a lot of depth.

Just beat it the first time last night, save/reloaded for the 4 endings and was blown away by the depth they put into all of them. The amount of thought and detail Eidos put into it, this game shows an incredible amount of love for the Deus Ex world.

O4OUR
09-02-2011, 03:13 AM
after oozing over this game for months, i've loved the music for the trailers..

then after playing it for a few days, i'm absolutely loving the in game sound track.. i just sit in the "burlesque house" in china and blast my headphones for a while. :Bounce: :woop: :locked :drunk :p

BBowles
09-04-2011, 03:09 AM
Finally 1k'd the game a couple hours ago. Loved every minute of it, and I will probably go back for a little extra dose in the future. I agree with people that having custom button mapping, or even 3-4 presets would have been nice, but I personally never change the default controls on games. At first I found the right stick as the iron-sight button to be annoying, but once I got going in the game and realized how little I needed or wanted to use iron sights that it was a smart choice. If I were going in guns a blazing, I might think differently, but cover was used 99.9% more than iron sights were in my 2 playthroughs. To each his own, but I loved cover on LT.

Most importantly, I'm glad that the crappy drought of summer games is over. This was the first game of many I will be buying over the next 6+ months - culminating in what I hope to be the greatest game I ever play, Mass Effect 3, I've got it on a pedistal that it can't possibly live up to - and Deus Ex really delivered as a signal that the crappy summer is over. Loved it completely and am very glad I gave this company my money. My only regret is I didn't get the pre-order Adam Jensen figure that some areas got because it wasn't released in the US. I'm envious of all of you that got it :P