PDA

View Full Version : Control issues?

eastx
08-18-2011, 05:19 PM
I don't know if it's just me, but playing with the default control method, every now and then the game doesn't react to my finger presses. I'll be sliding the paddle around and it suddenly doesn't move for a moment, usually resulting in death. Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

xANMLZxHELLFIRE
08-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Yup same here. Works fine, then at random times I cant move the platform at all, mainly resulting in death. I'm on a Dell Venue Pro.

YIP YOO
08-18-2011, 09:44 PM
Yeah its happened a few times but not enough for me to get too mad.

I watched a video on youtube to see what the game was like as its a port from android and he was saying the same thing even back then on the original android game.

The strange thing is they have removed a 3rd control method called touch which controlled the platform by moving it to where he tapped on the screen.

They have also removed the difficulty setting which is unstandable for achievements.

Here the video which is terrible but shows the missing control method and difficuly setting.

ionball Windows Phone Game - YouTube

litepink
08-19-2011, 12:18 AM
It tends to happen during long play periods for me. Swiping the same area over and over again makes the screen really hard to swipe, and sometimes it doesn't register.

I think it's just the nature of phone gaming in general. It sucks, but I've learned to live with it. I like this game for the most part, so I can overlook the occasional hiccup.

jolyrojr
03-21-2012, 04:07 AM
its truely annoying. When you combine the times it just doesnt register the motion with the times i am getting a response, but my finger slides just slightly too high off the line at the bottom and it stops, i lose way too much. I have to focus too much on maintaining contact with my finger on the edge of the screen so i know i am in the touch area. if you have contact but leave the area it should maintain the slide.