PDA

View Full Version : Lets Talk about the AL

rahxepheon101
07-17-2007, 01:25 AM
Who do you think is going to win the pennant??

I personally think the red sox are going to do it but please weigh in with your pick.

Shaaady Souljah
07-17-2007, 05:58 AM
red sox quite possibly have the best team, but they are running out of steam. i will stick with my original picks from the off-season:

Tigers over Mets in 6 games. :)

but, i will be cheering my ass off for the twins, of course! we just won 4 in a row to start the 2nd half. another run in the making???! we shall see...

Rand al Thor 19
07-17-2007, 12:22 PM
Anyone team besides the Cubs or Yankees is cool with me.

Wreckon Dracgon
07-17-2007, 12:34 PM
Being a proud member of RedSox Nation we know what I think, but with that said as long as the Yankees are nowhere to be found (or lose miserably in October) I couldn't be happier.

If things stayed the way they are now it would be great. Cleveland, Detroit, and Boston (of course) are all good travel cities for games. Although I'll need my Bullet Proof Hummer to get to and from the airport in Detroit. Hate it when two teams from the West (in either league) make the playoffs. Makes going to games a bitch.

Bombstriker
07-17-2007, 05:46 PM
I'm pretty sure damn Boston is going to win the ALCS..... as much as I hate them I think they have enough to win it this year. But would it be idiotic to still dream for a strong 2nd half for Texas??? :drunk

Shaaady Souljah
07-17-2007, 07:31 PM
Anyone team besides the Cubs or Yankees is cool with me.

there you go with that sport "knowledge" again... ;) the cubs are not in the AL silly. but i assume you meant win it all, so its all good. :P

spikedzombies
07-18-2007, 01:29 AM
LOL

AL WEST - Anaheim Angels
AL EAST - Boston Red Sox
AL CENTRAL - Detroit Tigers

Wild Card - Seattle Mariners

Jdm
07-18-2007, 11:07 AM
I would have to say the Red Sox as well. I'm sure you New York fans out there will say differently.

Bombstriker
07-18-2007, 08:16 PM
I don't think Seattle will get the wildcard bro, I think they will choke about mid August and break down. Happens every year :).

Shaaady Souljah
07-18-2007, 08:20 PM
I don't think Seattle will get the wildcard bro, I think they will choke about mid August and break down. Happens every year :).

the wild card will definitely come out of the central again. at least i hope--cuz then the twins have 2 options for getting into the playoffs. ;)

it will either go to cleveland or minnesota.

Adebisi 187
07-25-2007, 05:53 PM
I've been a die hard redsox fan since i played t-ball, and they definitely look like the strongest team this year. Seattle's in my opinion is going to go nowhere, and it shows how they have already lost 5 games in a row and are on a complete drop. As it goes now, Obviously i am happy the redsox are winning and beating cleveland, although it doesnt help the yankees are now creeping up on them in the wild card due to having the easiest schedule (Tampa, Blue Jays, Tampa, KC, Baltimore i believe). Either way i see it as it being: Redsox, Detroit, Anaheim, and either Cleveland/Minnesota. I'd much rather the twins make it, but nothin is looking good (maybe if they had liriano this year). Even if the yankees were to somehow make the wild card which would be the last thing i want, i am not all that worried as cleveland detroit and the angels all tend to kill the yankees.

graf1k
07-25-2007, 08:24 PM
Being a proud member of RedSox Nation

I knew there was something I liked about you. :drunk