PDA

View Full Version : Achievements that are worth 0 points

stankit
04-09-2006, 12:00 AM
how do you feel about them?

personally, i dont like them

and by this i mean the achievements like the ones in the new online Kameo co-op and Quake 2, not the ones in DOA4 where if you lose alot

DarkLif3
04-09-2006, 12:19 AM
Quake 2 achievements are worth 0 points. They put the achievements into the game but made them worth 0 points.

porker con
04-09-2006, 02:55 AM
yah I think thats kinda dumb!

g4m3r7ag
04-09-2006, 03:04 AM
absolutly hate them

scoobydiesel
04-09-2006, 03:54 AM
i love...LOVE the ones in doa4 since they show u suck ro did suck, but ones that are hard to get or just dont have any points like q2, that sucks

Segnius
04-09-2006, 05:26 AM
I dislike achievements being worth 0 gamerpoints when it's for something that is actually worthy of being shown off, like in Quake 2. However, the achievements worth 0 in DOA 4 I can understand. If someone has the achievement for getting 20 wins in a row and the achievement for losing 20 times in a row etc. then you can tell they probably just had somebody help them and then traded off, which is one good reason for the 0 gamerscore achievements in DOA4.

scoobydiesel
04-09-2006, 06:00 AM
yeah or you can also tell they played along time to finally become good at the game, but what you said sounds more like it with gamers these days ;)

SpideR NY
04-15-2006, 09:07 PM
agree with whats already been said. 0's for DoA = ok, 0's for real achievements ='s stupid.

DJHUNTERD
04-15-2006, 09:15 PM
Yeah but you cant be too mad at it having no achievements... (even though I agree it is dumb) but look at the bright side.. you got a free game with Quake 4 that was and still is pretty fun w/friends. They could of put no quake 2 in the final product, plus the game already had 1000 GP score.. anymore and that would have to have MS approval... which is really rare for them to approve.:)

Minty
04-15-2006, 09:46 PM
at the end of the year, MS dont send you a pound/dollar for every point. the achievements are there to recognise gaming prowess.

ie id say that someone who gets 0 points for getting an A grade on Kameo multiplayer is a better gamer than someone who has 100 from NBA 2k6

scoobydiesel
04-16-2006, 12:33 AM
i agre very much about A in kameo vs NBA 2k6, but in another year or so i see all games having some very hard achievements, i just hope they dont make them impossible....

KilluhKam
04-16-2006, 08:14 AM
yeah like the world leaderboard in G.R.A.W....how the hell is any1 suppose 2 get the #1 spot on the WORLD leaderboard?? i can see it being possible if they reset it everymonth but if they dont do that then wtf's the point?

DarkLif3
04-16-2006, 04:16 PM
yeah like the world leaderboard in G.R.A.W....how the hell is any1 suppose 2 get the #1 spot on the WORLD leaderboard?? i can see it being possible if they reset it everymonth but if they dont do that then wtf's the point?

Now that you bring that up I remember reading awhile back when GRAW first came out that someone and their buddy were "cheating" the system. One was going for the #1 on the leaderboard and the other just let that guy kill him over and over. I remember people's ranks were 3, 4 or 5 and this one guy had a rank of 20 or so in a matter of days.

Not to mention the Q4 multiplayer glitch where you can team up with friends to get #1.

There's ways of getting around things.

scoobydiesel
04-16-2006, 09:49 PM
there are wasy top patch the roads to the easy routes....

But then again people will make a new pathway.

Havoced
04-20-2006, 06:28 AM
I think if I had to choose between Achievements that give Gamerpoints and no gamerpoints at all.
I'd choose no gamerpoints.
Because someone with 5k GP could have just done a bunch of extremely easy Achievements or played easy sports games *coughcough*.
But if you were to look at someone's straight up achievements you could see that they actually got the achievement for the sake of the achievement and not for some silly points.

I'm not saying I'm against high gamerscores because I'm addicted to getting points now that I have my 360, I'm just saying that it shouldn't be as big of a deal as it is.

Minty
04-20-2006, 07:53 AM
the sports ones are tough tho- i got FIFA cos it was the only football game, not for the points. same with Top SPin 2 and tennis

but the only tough one is Tiger woods, which may well be the hardest points on the 360

scoobydiesel
04-20-2006, 09:49 AM
I dont care if sports are easy or not i kjust enjoy sports(love NFL as everyone ehre knows...) i also enjoy Basketball...reason i played 3 of the basketball games...I do wish i DIDNT play NBA live becuase that was just horrible.

But i mean yeag sports are hard but you cant just automaticaly think people did it for easy points(besides NBA....) becuase people do love sports games, college hoops was fun...madden pwned(shut up spider....lol)

i dunno im tierd and i love gamerpoints and achievements and sports games

Reapersoul
04-20-2006, 08:16 PM
yeah like the world leaderboard in G.R.A.W....how the hell is any1 suppose 2 get the #1 spot on the WORLD leaderboard??

Yes, I hate achievements like that. The only people who get them are people who get their friends to help them, people who glitch and people who manage to get the game early.

Achievements, IMO, should never be that hard.

As for achievements worth 0 points - I dont really mind. In DOA4 it was funny, in Quake 2 it was kinda pointless...but I dont mind them.

SpideR NY
04-21-2006, 02:38 AM
I dont care if sports are easy or not i kjust enjoy sports(love NFL as everyone ehre knows...) i also enjoy Basketball...reason i played 3 of the basketball games...I do wish i DIDNT play NBA live becuase that was just horrible.

But i mean yeag sports are hard but you cant just automaticaly think people did it for easy points(besides NBA....) becuase people do love sports games, college hoops was fun...madden pwned(shut up spider....lol)

i dunno im tierd and i love gamerpoints and achievements and sports games agree'd scoob. NBA 2k6 was the 2nd game I bought for the 360 and I had no idea about achievements at that point. Cant wait for some hard sports games....

Havoced
04-21-2006, 04:06 AM
I apologize if anyone misunderstood my post.
I didn't mean that everyone plays sports games for easy points.
I'm just saying that it happens, even I have contemplated renting a sports game so I can catch up to everyone else GP wise.
I forget what site it is, possibly Gamespot.
This site had a guide on how to play the games with the easiest achievements and the only nonsports game was King Kong.

Emerson
04-21-2006, 08:54 PM
I hate them.