PDA

View Full Version : Easy Glitch for 1 million and other achievements

Graivul
08-21-2011, 09:54 AM
Saw this on "True Achievements" which helped me out loads getting both the 1 million points, 3 balls on the screen at once etc. As I said I take no credit for this and full credit must go to the author CRX300X from the True Achievements website.

Alright, I just got this achievement and I found a glitch that makes this 1,000,000x easier. What you will want to do is start up a new game (or your current game if you have NOT used the Ion Ball upgrade) and try to get a shield mutator. Once active, try to pause the game right as the ball hits the bottom shield.(not the paddle, the shield at the bottom of the screen) Leaving a little gap is okay but the closer to the bottom, the better. Once paused, exit the game to the main menu and press continue game. You will notice that the game still thinks you have the shield mutator and it never goes away. You CANNOT lose a ball if you did this correctly but you can still die during boss battles. BE WARNED: IF YOU GET ANOTHER SHIELD OR YOUR PHONE TURNS OFF DUE TO IDLE AFTER THE GLITCH IS ACTIVE, IT WILL RESET THE GLITCH. (Thanks izret102) It also makes getting all the other achievements in the game a breeze as well. Hopes this helps with getting this frustrating achievement. Good luck!

P.S. If you've beaten the game and your upgrades are still present, uninstall/reinstall the game to get rid of them.

Basically I found that if I started a new game I managed to easily amass 1 million before I even got to about level 11, and of course, as you can't lose your ball, I picked up a double ball power-up, waited until another one appeared in the same level and popped the 'Triple Threat' achievement. Just a matter of waiting until you get two of the same power-up in one level.

I opted to start a new game as when I went to use the Continue option, all my previous upgrades were in effect and meant that I got nowhere near the same points per level as when you destroy multiple targets with one hit, you don't get accumulated points and your chances of releasing the power-ups you need are reduced too.

So I started a bare basics new game after activating the glitch, and kept playing through the levels until I had everything I needed! Just avoided picking up another shield as this cancels it out as said above!

Cringer85
08-25-2011, 12:06 AM
thanks for sharing.

made this game extremely easy. All achievements in not even 2 hours.

master_shake_350
09-03-2011, 05:42 PM
I finally got it to happen, thanks for the tip and I will defiantly give the guy over at TA a thumbs up.

VonThronstahl
11-29-2011, 03:51 AM
I can't get it to work. Is it patched?

Tyger7
11-29-2011, 09:16 AM
No, it was tricky to get to work. I don't think they were describing it quite right. What you must do is leave game as soon as the bottom shield lights up. It doesn't have to be exactly when it hits it, it can be as it's leaving as long as the shield is lit. I do not know if it's patched, I sure hope not. I still have to beat the game!

VonThronstahl
11-29-2011, 02:13 PM
Then I have to try again. I left the game while the shield was still sparkling. I'll try it again tonight or tomorrow. Please tell me if you got it to work. I downloaded the update and uninstalled the game after reading about this glitch. I hope that I didn't screw myself over.

illum1na
12-04-2011, 08:27 AM
Confirmed that it was patched: http://www.wpcentral.com/ionballex-gets-mango-update-kills-few-bugs

jeffy x360a
01-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Confirmed that it was patched: http://www.wpcentral.com/ionballex-gets-mango-update-kills-few-bugs

damn. oh well. hopefully they patch battlewagon soon seeing as it has numerous glitches achieves

Tyger7
03-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Patched? :( I should have completed it when I had the chance. I was so close but I died because I wasn't using the glitch, now I think I'm stuck or something? I don't know.

Arsenic 17
06-10-2012, 06:53 AM
didnt find getting to 1 million that hard. i am so bad at the game and initially gave up because I was up to 800k then dropped down to 300k. All you need is to have like one or two good levels and you can net many hundred thousand like nothing. I actually got one million without even trying and maxed out at 1.6 million...before I said screw it and really didnt try at the game.