PDA

View Full Version : The Halofest Discussion Thread

LickableLemons7
08-21-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm ready. Are you?

Halo Fest: Official Trailer - YouTube

What do you guys think 343i will announce pertaining to Halo 4?

DarkReign2021
08-22-2011, 04:19 AM
I'm honestly not really expecting much on Halo 4 this year. I'm expecting a lot of coverage on Halo Anniversary as well as large focus on Glasslands and some details on Primordium. As for Halo 4, I'd be surprised if we even get to see another CGI trailer. I'd really like to see something on the level that the '03 H2 New Mombasa presentation was at, but I doubt we'll even get footage or screenshots of the multiplayer at this point. They don't want to take too much thunder from their release this year. I'd expect to see something more closer to christmas after Halo: CE is out of the way.

LickableLemons7
08-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Well, you never know.

DarkReign2021
08-23-2011, 02:16 AM
Hopefully I'm wrong. Supposedly there's going to be a 1-hour panel on Halo 4, but I still can't imagine them revealing much of the actual storyline. Campaign content has been historically limited since the Halo 2 fiasco (if you've watched the 1-hour Bungie Anniversary Vidoc, you know what I mean) so I doubt they'll be giving us anything expect multiplayer footage if anything at all.

LickableLemons7
08-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Hopefully I'm wrong. Supposedly there's going to be a 1-hour panel on Halo 4, but I still can't imagine them revealing much of the actual storyline. Campaign content has been historically limited since the Halo 2 fiasco (if you've watched the 1-hour Bungie Anniversary Vidoc, you know what I mean) so I doubt they'll be giving us anything expect multiplayer footage if anything at all.

A 1-Hour panel? :eek: Tons of info ahoy! I'm crossing my fingers. And the Halo 2 fiasco you say? Think I haven't seen that. Bungie Anniversary Vidoc eh? I'll try to see it as soon as I can.

DarkReign2021
08-25-2011, 03:53 AM
Definitely an awesome watch for any fan of Halo and Bungies past titles (mostly Marathon and Myth.)

As for the Halo 2 fiasco, to sum it up: There originally was no Halo 2. When they presented the "in-game" New Mombasa demo at E3, they really had absolutely nothing done with the game. Random level ideas, random feature ideas, but nothing that actually came together to make a coherent game. Add to that the record-setting bug list close to launch and the disappointment that they were forced to cut the entire 3rd portion of the game out to make deadline (which ultimately became Halo 3.)

Also, just as a fun little tidbit, did you know Halo 1 almost didn't have multiplayer included. They almost decided to cut it out completely, but decided it was fun enough that they might as well leave it. They had no idea it would take off anything close to what it did.

LickableLemons7
08-26-2011, 11:56 AM
Halo Fest: Show Floor Preview - YouTube

DarkReign2021
08-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Bah. I'm sick of waiting >_< Don't wanna wait until tomorrow. I work tomorrow. I wanted to watch it live!

And for some reason I thought today was yesterday 0_o I'm so confused when I get days off from work...

Chrinst
09-03-2011, 01:11 AM
Is this going to be an annual thing? I would love to go to one of these one day if thats the case.

DarkReign2021
09-03-2011, 03:24 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see it become annual. Actually I'm surprised this didn't start years sooner. With events like BlizzCon and QuakeCon having dominated the scene for years, I would've though Halo would've been in on the mix quickly. Hell, even Minecraft has a covention this year.

If they do hold another HaloFest next year, I will DEFINITELY be going. I was caught off guard this year, but next year I'll be ready (It'd be awesome if they'd bring it to Indiana where I live. SInce we're the crossroads of America, it makes sense to come here instead of tucking it into a corner on one of the country (they could just do more than one convention. That's what Gen-Con does.)

ZingZitang
09-15-2011, 08:01 PM
It is an Annual Event. At least thats what I get out of it when they Mention "First Annual Halo Fest" in all the News Articles.

But Unfortunately Hardly Anything Like this Comes to the Midwest. It will Likely stay on the West Coast. But one Can Hope I suppose.