PDA

View Full Version : Good Soul achievement problem... (spoilers)

Rascalov
08-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Has anyone managed to get this? It seems to be impossible. After the cutscene where the helicopter crashes, there are about 10 enemies who come out and start shooting at it (with Malik inside). I can barely kill 2 of them before Malik's dying radio message starts playing. Once that happens, you can't get the achievement. I decided to just move on with the game and try to get this one on a subsequent playthrough.

SolusFlare
08-21-2011, 08:34 PM
Has anyone managed to get this? It seems to be impossible. After the cutscene where the helicopter crashes, there are about 10 enemies who come out and start shooting at it (with Malik inside). I can barely kill 2 of them before Malik's dying radio message starts playing. Once that happens, you can't get the achievement. I decided to just move on with the game and try to get this one on a subsequent playthrough.
Huh? What difficulty ? I kinda took my time moving around and taking out all the enemies, no issue- got it on first try without even knowing about the achievement. You tried shooting them all? You sure she actually dies?

KriugerisLT
08-21-2011, 09:25 PM
Put it on Easy, run arround like a mad man gunning everybody down = Win

Azulgrave
08-21-2011, 10:17 PM
Huh? What difficulty ? I kinda took my time moving around and taking out all the enemies, no issue- got it on first try without even knowing about the achievement. You tried shooting them all? You sure she actually dies?

Yes she actually dies. I've made a semi guide for all those that wish to have a look it may not be 100% accurate but thats how I obtained them all on the challenge me difficulty.

DV Bastian
08-23-2011, 07:12 AM
Only two guards before she blows up? That doesn't seem quite right.

If you're having severe trouble you can drop the difficulty down, but generally all enemies are trained on her so running around killing them all shouldn't be too dangerous for you. Just have an EMP mine or grenade ready for the mech and make sure to shoot the red barrels to quickly and easily take out the enemies on the upper platforms.

All HMG troops should be highest priority since they do the most damage to the chopper.

sharkhunter21
08-26-2011, 08:58 AM
Okay, obviously for this one the key is to be FAST! I just got this baby a little while ago and mind you, I was using non-lethal weapons on everything except the robot.

From the get go, I dropped off the scaffold and bolted for the building on the right, using the dumpster to jump up, jump boost aug and faster sprint aug are required here. Now, once I got up to the second floor, I sprinted forward, stun gun in hand, zap the first guy, then :bbut: the guy behind the pillar. Another guy should be coming up the stairs just behind that 2nd guy you took out, either melee him or zap/shoot him. (But! If you have the reflex aug, you can let that 3rd guy get closer so you can have a case of 2 birds 1 fist)

After those 3 are dealt with, I turned around and pushed the red barrel down before dropping down to the ground myself. Now, by this time, one of the heavies should be making his way toward the chopper, you can melee him since he should be focused on the chopper, then turn around to the pillars where there should be a grunt, quickly dispose of him and make a short trip to where the green barrels are and take out the other grunt that should be behind the broken wall, close to where the robot drops down.

Okay, so you should have 1 heavy left, a grunt, 2 snipers, and the robot. If you have the stun gun, you can zap the robot real quick and deal with the heavy who should be close to the robot, and the grunt who won't even notice you(Be careful though, there is a red barrel on the robot's right, it may screw you up). After both of them are dealt with, run up the stairs and take out the sniper, there should be one last red barrel, pick it up and hit the robot before you head back down.

Since I had no means other than the stun gun to effect the robot, this next bit may or may not seem excessive. Regardless if that 3rd barrel blew up or not, stun the robot and hit him with the barrel if its there. If not (or after chucking the barrel) run back to the other side where you knocked down the 1st barrel, there should be a 2nd one close by, sheltered by green barrels. Throw them at the robot and if that doesn't kill him, either hit him with stuns until you can find a heavy rifle, or pick one up when you down a heavy. A nice spot I found to hold the robot's attention on me was the ground floor of that second building where you knocked out the 1st sniper, there's a pillar where you can pop out from, shoot and reload easily, and hold the robot's attention.

And after a few more bullets are punched in, robot should go down easily, and that last sniper should be a joke as he is the last thing standing between you and your achievement. But like I said from the beginning, you must be FAST! Keep moving and don't stop unless you need to heal up. I also had 2 painkillers and a few of those energy refill packs to pop when I was in the red, so you may want to have some healing items with you before attempting this.

Hope this helped! :)

Halochief Chris
08-26-2011, 12:52 PM
You got this without killing anybody? It's slightly easier to just save the game if you're going for pacifist, run in, kill the heavies, EMP the robot, and mop up the rest, it's like impossible for her to die without the heavies and robot up.

sharkhunter21
08-26-2011, 06:29 PM
You got this without killing anybody? It's slightly easier to just save the game if you're going for pacifist, run in, kill the heavies, EMP the robot, and mop up the rest, it's like impossible for her to die without the heavies and robot up.

Oh I'm sure it would have been easier, but all I had going into the mission was my stun gun and tranquilizer gun. Mind you, I did rage a couple times and just pick up a gun and go to town. But once I got my strategy down, it became a piece of cake.

Quickdraw
08-29-2011, 01:30 PM
if you go around tranqing and stunning everyone at this point does this ruin the foxiest of the hounds achievement?.

JuSt BLaZe
08-29-2011, 01:40 PM
if you go around tranqing and stunning everyone at this point does this ruin the foxiest of the hounds achievement?.

Haha funny cause that's exactly what I did. I wanted to get every achievement in one go/run (succeeded). So it won't, even if the radar goes to RED/HOSTILE.

I did a mix of throwing stun/shock grenades, non-lethal takedowns, stun gun, tranq gun, emp-grenade for the mech, running around like crazy, taking pain-killers etc. In the end I managed to get all TEN GUARDS to sleep. ;)

Quickdraw
08-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Haha funny cause that's exactly what I did. I wanted to get every achievement in one go/run (succeeded). So it won't, even if the radar goes to RED/HOSTILE.

I did a mix of throwing stun/shock grenades, non-lethal takedowns, stun gun, tranq gun, emp-grenade for the mech, running around like crazy, taking pain-killers etc. In the end I managed to get all TEN GUARDS to sleep. ;)

going to reload a earlier save and find a emp grenade for the mech that spawns, was wondering, i think i screwed this already with a gang member no matter what i did had a skull. so prolly need to run a 3rd time.

JuSt BLaZe
08-29-2011, 01:51 PM
going to reload a earlier save and find a emp grenade for the mech that spawns, was wondering, i think i screwed this already with a gang member no matter what i did had a skull. so prolly need to run a 3rd time.

Yeah the EMP grenade works really like magic, need only one for the mech. About the "dead gang member":

- killed from explosion by RED BARRELS
- fell from higher ground to death
- killed from the explosion caused by the mech
- another stupid gang member shot him (LMAO)

Quickdraw
08-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Yeah the EMP grenade works really like magic, need only one for the mech. About the "dead gang member":

- killed from explosion by RED BARRELS
- fell from higher ground to death
- killed from the explosion caused by the mech
- another stupid gang member shot him (LMAO)

that's some bad luck, i was close to having a guy fall off the crowded walkway near the end, his front half was off, hanging by his legs, luckily he stayed there.

Opiate42
08-29-2011, 03:06 PM

This, make the heavies and mech your priority targets. The snipers and assault rifle troops don't cause enough damage to blow the chopper, make them secondary targets.

I didn't have EMP's when I landed, but two frag grenades will do the trick too.

It's pretty frantic, you have to be quick even when playing on Easy.

Tom Pladgett
08-29-2011, 03:39 PM
I also had no problem on normal difficulty with this, got it on first try.

What I did was I ran up to the very center of the yard to the heavies, and did a few melee takedowns. This not only took down the biggest threats, but also drew most of the remaining fire from the chopper to me. I ducked down under the scaffolds to pop painkillers (even with high Dermal Armor, doing what I did hurts a bit). Turning back out, the mech fell down from the sky literally in front of me and I took it out with a single EMP gren.

I was really worried at this point since all the snipers were still up there, and due to trying for Pacifist (which failed) I had to run up to them to get in range for a takedown or stun (the tranq rifle sucks goats, in my opinion). But I managed it.

Yeah, if you're sniping from cover, focusing on the weaker enemies, and most importantly, not drawing their aggro, you may have a problem doing this. So get down there into the scrap.

ChiMangetsu
08-29-2011, 03:47 PM
Full stealth and full battery recharge; ran up and zapped every last bastard, EMP'd the mech and had two guys die from the blast--ironically they were both heavies. Go figure. By the by, stealth camo makes silent moving irrelevant considering if you make it to cover before your battery dies they stop looking for you almost immediately. Definitely going to pick it up earlier on my second playthrough if I fouled up Foxiest.