PDA

View Full Version : Halo 4 Trailer with Alternate Ending

LickableLemons7
08-21-2011, 09:05 PM
Watch the end of the trailer to see what Chief does. I think it evokes a more ominous feeling than the original E3 trailer.

Halo 4 Directors cut trailer - YouTube

RBmaster9345
08-22-2011, 01:00 AM
Not really much different but the pistol thingy throw was cool.

xxx orange
08-22-2011, 02:00 AM
IMO it looks slightly lamer.

LickableLemons7
08-22-2011, 01:25 PM
Really guys? I thought it was ominous because as Chief saw the structure its like he realized that the pistol wasn't going to help him at all, so he tossed it aside. The music boosted that eerie feeling.

n1ck3sixty
08-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Really guys? I thought it was ominous because as Chief saw the structure its like he realized that the pistol wasn't going to help him at all, so he tossed it aside. The music boosted that eerie feeling.

Yeah true, but on the other hand he has nothing now. Except his fists and his (suspiciously) new jet pack that was just lying around, and fully installed while he was sleeping....

I know what I would pick if i was him, and its not this ending.

ZingZitang
08-22-2011, 09:02 PM
Yeah true, but on the other hand he has nothing now. Except his fists and his (suspiciously) new jet pack that was just lying around, and fully installed while he was sleeping....

Seriously man?

The ignorance of people sometimes just Floors me.

Its. Not. A. Jetpack.

They are Zero G Thrusters. Something that Every MJOLNIR Armor Variant has, and has had since the Mark IV Armor. Its not something that "fully Installed while he was sleeping". Its in the books, so Read a book before you say dumb shit like this.

Also, Do you understand how Strong Spartans are inside that Armor(And Even Out of the Armor? All he needs are his fists.
/Rant.

Edit: Okm Maybe that was a litte harsh, but seriously the thrusters have always been there, you just dont see them in the game. And Even if they weren't, they Always Retcon stuff like this into the new game of the Series.

n1ck3sixty
08-23-2011, 12:21 AM
Seriously man?

The ignorance of people sometimes just Floors me.

Its. Not. A. Jetpack.

They are Zero G Thrusters. Something that Every MJOLNIR Armor Variant has, and has had since the Mark IV Armor. Its not something that "fully Installed while he was sleeping". Its in the books, so Read a book before you say dumb shit like this.

Also, Do you understand how Strong Spartans are inside that Armor(And Even Out of the Armor? All he needs are his fists.
/Rant.

Edit: Okm Maybe that was a litte harsh, but seriously the thrusters have always been there, you just dont see them in the game. And Even if they weren't, they Always Retcon stuff like this into the new game of the Series.

Yes, my bad with the terminology and lack of reading, but it really gets me going when for the last 3 games he has never used them (not that i can remember, my bad if he has) and now out no where he uses them. (the books are in the post, read first strike many years ago and dont remember much, so please excuse my ignorance)

And yeah his fists might be the best thing since sliced bread, but if i was about to land on an unknown planet (yes i do realise it could be a foreunner shield world, i do know something!) and even though its not the best gun wouldnt you just keep it in case?

DarkReign2021
08-23-2011, 02:28 AM
The thing about the Zero-G thrusters is that we've never had an opportunity to actually use them. Aside from the outdoor portions of Cairo Station. the Halo series has been firmly rooted in atmospheric and gravitationally-inhabited domains (even the outside areas of Cairo still possessed some gravity.)

The thruster has very little power to it because it doesn't actually need power. When in space, weight is rendered useless. You can weigh a thousand pounds, but in space you're going to be practically nothing and it would take very little momentum to push you in the direction you need to be moving. It's ultimately more beneficial for preventing you from becoming stuck. The chief was actually unnecessarily abusing that power in the Halo 4 teaser because he had surfaces that he could've used to move around still (He's just a damn show-off.)

As for the issue with the gun, that depends on his situation I suppose. I doubt the chief would actually throw away the pistol, but in doing so I would assume there's probably a weapons locker somewhere onboard (most likely an Assault Rifle or Battle Rifle) If not, however, it would definitely be beneficial to keep the Pistol no matter what it is you're about to fight. It does serve it's point to emphasize that you're gonna need more than a pistol this time around (probably taking a dig at the amazingly overpowered M6D.)

LickableLemons7
08-24-2011, 08:13 PM
As for the issue with the gun, that depends on his situation I suppose. I doubt the chief would actually throw away the pistol, but in doing so I would assume there's probably a weapons locker somewhere onboard

Yeah, you're probably right. I'd love to see the battle rifle make a return in Halo 4. I'd be spraying that junk everywhere like it would be nobody's business.:uzi:

DarkReign2021
08-25-2011, 03:48 AM
I would say, at least canon-wise, that the BR will almost certainly make a return. The BR was a Navy-issue weapon and the Spartan-II's were Navy (and spent most of their time using weapons stored on a Naval Ship.) The DMR in Reach, however, was Army issue, just like the S-III's (and by some odd fluke, the S-II Jorge.) So it seems unlikely that we'll be seeing the DMR again. With any luck though, the rumor about weapon customization will go through and the BR/DMR will be adjustable between single-shot and burst-fire modes.)

LickableLemons7
08-25-2011, 12:15 PM
I would say, at least canon-wise, that the BR will almost certainly make a return. The BR was a Navy-issue weapon and the Spartan-II's were Navy (and spent most of their time using weapons stored on a Naval Ship.) The DMR in Reach, however, was Army issue, just like the S-III's (and by some odd fluke, the S-II Jorge.) So it seems unlikely that we'll be seeing the DMR again. With any luck though, the rumor about weapon customization will go through and the BR/DMR will be adjustable between single-shot and burst-fire modes.)

You really seem to know a lot about Halo, hunh?

DarkReign2021
08-25-2011, 10:36 PM
I do it to make up for the lack of actual skills. I can solo legendary with my eyes closed and I can manage all of the games LASO well enough, but when it comes to multiplayer I'm completely outclassed. Have been since Halo 2. Halo 1 was the only MP I was good at in the series. So I choose a brains over brawns approach instead.

FOXmasler
08-30-2011, 01:55 AM
The first trailer was SOOOOOOOOOOO much better.
The music was better IMO and I liked the chief keeping the pistol and getting ready instead of throwing it away for no real reason.

JASEL84
08-30-2011, 07:33 AM
Maybe begining of new war againts new race any one?

LickableLemons7
08-30-2011, 07:47 PM
I do it to make up for the lack of actual skills. I can solo legendary with my eyes closed and I can manage all of the games LASO well enough, but when it comes to multiplayer I'm completely outclassed. Have been since Halo 2. Halo 1 was the only MP I was good at in the series. So I choose a brains over brawns approach instead.

Ah, I see. But Halo is more of a multiplayer game right? So that sucks, in a way. Practice makes perfect though, right?

The first trailer was SOOOOOOOOOOO much better.
The music was better IMO and I liked the chief keeping the pistol and getting ready instead of throwing it away for no real reason.

I guess everybody's hating on this trailer. Hmph.

Maybe begining of new war againts new race any one?

That's what I'm thinking.

DarkReign2021
08-31-2011, 12:30 AM
I don't care what anybody thinks or says, Halo is not about the Multiplayer. Unlike games like Unreal Tournament and Counter-Strike where Multipalyer is literally the only gamemode, Halo is first and foremost a product of the Campaign and the Universe it resides in. If there wasn't a story to be told, they wouldn't have made any sequels. ODST and Halo Wars are both proof that Multiplayer ultimately takes a backseat to Storytelling as they both retreated from the Multiplayer Shooter scene that "makes the series famous" and in the Bungie 20th anniversary ViDoc they even claimed that Halo: CE almost had Multiplayer completely dropped and was only kept as a last minute decision because it was so popular. In the Halo series the fanbase may claim the MP as Halo's rise to fame, but in Bungie's (and therefore my) mind, the universe will always take precedence.

(Also note that I'm not trashing on any of the game's Multiplayer modes. I have had an extreme amount of fun playing Halo 1, Halo 2, ODST, Reach, and Halo Wars online over the last 10 years. I just still prefer to play the Campaign and read the books is all.)

MixMaker1
08-31-2011, 12:43 AM
343i is definetely making a push towards more lore and a much more rich universe than Bungie did imo. The Forerunner aspects could make 4 absolutely breathtaking.

: CE almost had Multiplayer completely dropped and was only kept as a last minute decision because it was so popular. In the Halo series the fanbase may claim the MP as Halo's rise to fame, but in Bungie's (and therefore my) mind, the universe will always take precedence.
Yes, that was crazy.

MP is now an important component. But easily, they take pride in making the SP as good as the MP (Bungie, that is/was). I'm excited to see 343i taking it another notch up (I'm impressed with their SP concept art).

n1ck3sixty
08-31-2011, 05:44 AM
Ah, I see. But Halo is more of a multiplayer game right? So that sucks, in a way. Practice makes perfect though, right?

I spose this whole argument is based on individual perspective (if you play games for story, MP, achievements etc you will view this differently) But i saw a debate whilst half listening in a lecture at uni a few weeks back (yes, i am very productive) about the CoD storyline vs Halo.

The main troll was arguing CoD had a much better story line that Halo, and of course people were taking the bait and getting worked up, and eventually the argument trailed off until 'your mother' insults were being made and 'how old are you? 12?' comments were made.

But, in essence if you look at the Halo franchise vs CoD (or any other game for that matter) what game has 15 novels/comic books, numerous anime productions (Halo Legends, Midnight in the Heart of the Midlothian etc.. Also could be more books? http://www.listal.com/list/halo-novels) that specifically aims to tell us the history of how the protagonists (Covie) formed and came to be? How the main characters became the 'main' characters, how Reach fell (If you dont read books before playing the game many questions are left un answered etc etc....)
Sure Mass Effect has a few novels, Gears has 6 novels, Bioshock has a couple, and CoD has none? (That i know of) So not even sure how that debate came about.

Yes, although MP is an awesome part of any game (who doesnt want to kill their friends as their favorite Carmine Brother/A Big Daddy/ that awesome sniper you played as in a CoD misson/an Spartan??)
although I think its safe to say Halo is certainly not more of a multiplayer game. Mass Effect has only 2 games so far with the third coming soon and no MP (they better not put a tacky MP component on to 3, or im gonna be pissed..), look at its huge success.

DarkReign2021
08-31-2011, 04:34 PM
^actually I'm pretty sure they've already confirmed Multiplayer for Mass Effect 3. If we're lucky, maybe it'll just be co-op. 3-person online co-op definitely wouldn't be bad since we operate in 3-man squads anyway. I just hope the achievements are all strictly single-player storyline based. I'll be pissed if they force me to play Deathmatch mode (If it has one, I will NEVER TOUCH IT!)

LickableLemons7
08-31-2011, 08:58 PM
Mass Effect 3 is having multiplayer in it? Hmmm. Game developers sure seem to be pushing the envelope for games these days. It's like it's mandatory or something to have multiplayer components in a game. Look at Bioshock 2, or AC Brotherhood. Not that they had bad multiplayer, it's just that a majority of people prefered the single player over the multiplayer. Now I think I see where you guys are going with this.
Games don't need to have multiplayer to be great, even though multiplayer is fun at times.

n1ck3sixty
08-31-2011, 09:16 PM
Yeah I read somewhere it was having some Co-op component, just not sure if, like DarkReign said, it had deathmatch cause in that case I will be pissed....

I always wanted to test my team with others and see how my armour/weapons worked out in a co-op situation, but anything else will just kill it i reckon.
Absolutely hated Bioshock MP after about 10 hours, would shoot someone with a full clip and chuck a few plasmids into the mix for good measure, only for them to turn round and shock/elephant gun me in the head, eventually did learn those ways but by then i had moved on to bigger, better games...

OT: To correct my original post (yes, I have been reading up) cant believe how noob i was.. The books really beef out the game story, and im looking forward to see what they do with Halo 4 :)

DarkReign2021
08-31-2011, 10:06 PM
It's not actually the developers call for the most part. EA did an interview some months back about how offline gaming is dead and online is the future of the industry. This was supposed to represent a wide array of online functionality ranging from connecting to Social Networks to having DLC to actually including multiplayer modes. EA declared that they would no longer publish games that did not have some sort of online functionality. Unfortunately, the ONLY push I've seen them make is to include Multiplayer in every one of their games. Dead Space 2 got Multiplayer as a result of it, Mass Effect 3 is apparently getting multiplayer, and other games like Mirror's Edge 2 are being pushed as well. The Sims is the only exception as it has the Social Network route instead.

It sucks that this crap is being forced on an entire fanbase of a series just because they want more casual gamers to play it so they can make more money. It makes sense from a business perspective in the short-term, but in the long-term you're going to lose the original franchise fanbase by degrading the actual appeal of the series and including a sub-par feature meant to appeal to a group of people who rarely buy more than a couple games every year and move on as soon as they find something better (which they inevitably will. Casuals have no loyalty to any developer in the industry.)

The fact that a series like Mass Effect would even consider bumping heads with Call of Duty, Battlefield, and Halo is just ignorant. I know the rule is you won't know until you try, but seriously, you're not supposed to try and change a pre-existing series. If you want to win these people over, you need to make an all-new franchise, not risk losing one that's already successful and ending up with nothing...

ajennice
11-22-2011, 06:23 AM
The things looks like a rip off of V-ger (star trek the motion picture)... Still a must buy!!! No matter what he does wit the pistol.

scplay3r
12-02-2011, 06:23 AM
both good trailers... this one seems more like he was in shock of what he saw and through the pistol away thinking fuck imma need something bigger...ooorrr he was grumpy from a rude awakening and after making it out of the ship at the last second through the gun away like damn cant ever catch a break lol

i like the original better it shows the master chief how i think of him to be...he looks out puts on the attachment as if to say "bring it bitch"

LickableLemons7
12-05-2011, 02:16 AM
I've been seeing some rumors circulating the web, stating that a new Halo 4 trailer will be shown at the VGAs this upcoming Saturday. Keep those eyes peeled!

theNomad
12-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Cool if they do air a new trailer I hope it's got at least a little in game footage. Because as much as I loved the cg made teaser, I'm curious what we are likely to be playing.

edited this bit in after reading a little online.

Sounds like Halo 4 could be winning its first award, a most anticipated game of the 2012 award. Tough competition from Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3 and GTA 5. Nothing confirming or denying a new trailer though. Guess its a wait and see, the awards air on Spike Sat 10 at 8.

LickableLemons7
12-05-2011, 10:12 PM
True. I'm expecting GTA V will win most anticipated game, in my humble opinion.

Seeing as Reach was showcased at last year's VGAs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fGaAhW03EQ&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fresults%3Fsear ch_query%3DReach%2BVGAs%26oq%3DReach%2BVGAs%26aq%3 Df%26aqi%3D%26aql%3D%26gs_sm%3De%26gs_upl%3D2429l6 341l0l6709l12l12l2l0l0l0l269l2091l0.3.7l10l0

We know that 343 MAY showcase a glimpse of an earlier cutscene. They could always change it, as Halo 4 is still obviously in development. But you never know.

MixMaker1
12-05-2011, 10:33 PM
I'm really hoping for a Halo 4 trailer. It would be a great platform for them to tease something more.

Remember, the Concept Art trailer was strictly concept art.

DarkReign2021
12-05-2011, 10:51 PM
I unfortunately do not have Cable, so unless it's streaming live online somewhere, you guys will have to keep me posted on any Halo content (I don't care much beyond that. Maybe the new Bioware and Epic games, but that's it.)

MixMaker1
12-05-2011, 11:04 PM
Same. I will post it on here the second it's shown/uploaded online.

LickableLemons7
12-11-2011, 10:52 PM
I was hoping to see a new trailer of some sorts for Halo 4...ah well. I suppose 343 is trying to keep the game as mysterious as possible, trying not to reveal too much so I can have my mind blown away when I start up the campaign.

The VGAs were decent, the opening was pretty extravagant and I liked the set up with the tea bagging incident. The teaser with the Joker and Arkham world...I saw that coming. But I would prefer a different name than Arkham World for a future installment. It sounds too cheesy. I was also interested in the opening cinematic for Diablo III, amazingly done, it makes me wish I had money for a strong PC. The Bioshock Infinite teaser was meh, I wanted to see more of what we haven't seen before, but that's just me. Hope it gets a release date soon. I don't understand why so many others don't seem as hyped about it.

DarkReign2021
12-11-2011, 11:33 PM
It was an ok show:

Mass Effect 3- The footage looked amazing! As diluted as the storyline has become (I miss old Bioware. Beats this new Dragon Age era team) the dialog and gameplay looks like it's going to be the best yet. Not sure if I like the idea of Bioware doing a sequel to C&C: Generals though...

The Last of Us- Definitely looking forward to this. It looks a lot like the announcement trailer for Dead Rising did, but Naughty Dog is behind it this time, so I know it'll be good. Glad to see them taking a break from Uncharted finally.

Alan Wake American Nightmare- I'm really surprised to see how good it looks for an XBLA game. It looks almost exactly like the original game. Same graphics, gameplay, camera style, etc... I wonder if they're not just gonna go for Games on Demand like RE4 did. Less of a limit on Game Size, but they can get away with not having to actually enhance the game from the first one in any way as well (which is fine. Honestly if it brings game prices down I wish story-based games would just use the same everything anyway.)

Hitman: Absolution- I wanna see some gameplay footage dammit! Sick of these stupid CG trailers showing him gunning everything down. He's not even a gunman. The point of the game is stealth...

MGS: Rising- Not really sure what to think of this game yet. I'm concerned that Kojima's team isn't working on it, but the team that has it now has a solid track record as well. It's also limited due to it's Kinect functionality, but than for a Kinect game it looks like it could be really fun.

Bioshock: Infinite- Nothing new. Game still looks like it's gonna be fun, but I've never been a huge fan of the Bioshock games anyway. Definitely a game I'll wait for a price-drop on.

MixMaker1
12-12-2011, 05:10 PM
Bioshock Infinite will be great.

Was REALLY hoping for ANYTHING re: 4. Makes me sad, but confident, that they're STILL so hush hush about this bad boy.