PDA

View Full Version : NHL 12 Demo/Game

Alex Nino
08-22-2011, 12:02 PM
So who else is ready to get in some goalie hits in the new NHL 12? Also im ready to see if they are going to change the all star jerseys from this years all star game in Raleigh, NC. My home town. CAROLINA HURRICANES!!!!

Warren17
08-23-2011, 05:05 AM
I just hope NHL 12 is nothing like 10 and 11. Those games were so unrealistic.

nastymind
08-23-2011, 02:33 PM
thats worst .

Boosta
08-23-2011, 05:52 PM
Many game improvements compared to last year's game. Improved puck physics, improved hitting engine. The tuner set for the demo seems to be really good, it's really realistic. No blowout games, I think my best win so far was 3-0 in HUT mode, when I usually win 15-0 with realistic tuner sets.

Like the new menus and interfaces. The new skating animations look cool too.

nastymind
08-23-2011, 06:01 PM
score 8 goal vs luongo in one period, 6 from the blue line. This game is a joke. NHL die in 09, from 10 its a shitty game with shitty people that think they are god. The menus is nice, thats all. And btw, i love hit player, they almost fly.

DborKnowsBest
08-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Many game improvements compared to last year's game. Improved puck physics, improved hitting engine. The tuner set for the demo seems to be really good, it's really realistic. No blowout games, I think my best win so far was 3-0 in HUT mode, when I usually win 15-0 with realistic tuner sets.

I dont know how "realistic" horton scoring 5 goals in one period is....lol

MiguelangelO
08-23-2011, 07:35 PM
You're using Superstar difficulty, right?

MxPx
08-23-2011, 07:41 PM

That's annoying.

So if I'm playing as a high-ranking team against a low-ranking team, I cannot win by a blowout? So what happens? The shitty team all of a sudden starts playing at the same level as the good team? That is hella lame.

Blowouts happen IRL. (Didn't anyone watch the 2011 playoffs? ;) ) Let it happen in the game.

score 8 goal vs luongo in one period, 6 from the blue line. This game is a joke. NHL die in 09, from 10 its a shitty game with shitty people that think they are god. The menus is nice, thats all. And btw, i love hit player, they almost fly.

Against Luongo, anything is possible. Hell, the Bruins had rookies scoring from 20-ft out on him in the playoffs.

loganm223
08-23-2011, 11:52 PM
I though the demo was preety good but remember that it's a DEMO not the full game so anything could happen till the full games release, but i do think the game is alot more realistic

Warren17
08-24-2011, 02:55 AM
From the demo it looks like the game is way more realistic. I've had people tell me it's 100% like NHL 11 excluding the new features. I don't see it. One example being there is no shooting lag anymore.

alf hockeyfan
08-24-2011, 03:49 PM
also another thing i noticed.... the defenders go down on one knee a lot which also effect 1 timers .

has anyone put anyone through the glass yet?
i`ve had a goalie fight and put a player over the players bench!

DborKnowsBest
08-24-2011, 04:37 PM
You're using Superstar difficulty, right?
Using All Star difficluty...probably would have said otherwise though:)

xDAx AWESOME
08-24-2011, 05:00 PM
I like the new puck physics, but not really much else. Same game pretty much. Menus are nice. Goalie fights are an absolute joke. They barely happen in real life so their inclusion is retarded. Defense traps the front of the net like old school Devils used to. Dekeing slows you to a halt. Not looking forward to it anymore.

Boosta
08-24-2011, 07:55 PM
I like the new puck physics, but not really much else. Same game pretty much. Menus are nice. Goalie fights are an absolute joke. They barely happen in real life so their inclusion is retarded. Defense traps the front of the net like old school Devils used to. Dekeing slows you to a halt. Not looking forward to it anymore.

Yeah, while it's a novelty to see the goalie fights, I'd have preferred that they work on the fighting engine itself, rather than trying to add extra models to the game.

The game shouldn't be a deke fest, it shouldn't be about who can skate through the other team the quickest because that's not what hockey is. You have to make passing plays and set up in the offensive zone to score goals. Once I started doing that with the demo, the goals just started going in.

BORN T0 KILL IT
08-26-2011, 08:23 AM
Maybe it's because i didnt really play nhl 11 that much but i really liked the demo and I'm definitely looking forward to buying this game. Just in case anyone hasn't, make sure to play the demo and also use the invite a friend feature so you will get some free HUT card packs when you play the full version. I didn't really do much of the HUT stuff in 11 but I imagine the 2 free packs will be a nice boost.

Defiantllama14
08-26-2011, 10:05 PM
I am not sure if the game will be like this but I love that after a HUT game you receive training cards. I am not sure if everyone else had this problem but it was an absolute pain spending pucks on comsumables last year in my opinion. I reduced the number of players that I could buy which turned me away from this game mode. I dont want an NHL all-star team but I also do not want to have to waste comsumables on players that are 60s overall. I know that they have potential but I want to take a chance to get better players instead of keeping the crappy ones that I have. But I could have just had a horrible strategy for HUT i dont know.

MetallicaDan
08-26-2011, 10:27 PM
score 8 goal vs luongo in one period, 6 from the blue line.

So you're saying this game actually is realistic. ;)

xX THE GRIX Xx
08-26-2011, 11:53 PM
The demo is amazing. Superstar difficulty is a lot more difficult compared to NHL 11. My biggest win on Superstar is 3-1 in HUT. I'm liking all of the little gameplay refinements. (new breakaway deke animations, new cross crease "tap in" animation, etc)

Hitting is a lot more realistic as well. If you graze someone, they won't do a retarded flop on the ice, like in NHL 11.

Boosta
08-29-2011, 06:12 PM
I am not sure if the game will be like this but I love that after a HUT game you receive training cards. I am not sure if everyone else had this problem but it was an absolute pain spending pucks on comsumables last year in my opinion. I reduced the number of players that I could buy which turned me away from this game mode. I dont want an NHL all-star team but I also do not want to have to waste comsumables on players that are 60s overall. I know that they have potential but I want to take a chance to get better players instead of keeping the crappy ones that I have. But I could have just had a horrible strategy for HUT i dont know.

We have no access to the store in the demo, therefore we get training cards. You won't be getting any training cards after each game in the full version.

MASS DOMINATION
08-29-2011, 06:29 PM
The demo was good. There are quite a few of small improvements from NHL 11 but to me its just not enough. The mode I play the most is 'Be a GM' and could't care less about 'Be a Pro'. I actually like managing a franchise more than actually playing a game. There is no doubt the game is better than last year but I'm perfectly fine with waiting until next year. This is coming from a guy who has bought every EA NHL game since 2004 (expect NHL 09).

Defiantllama14
08-29-2011, 09:54 PM
We have no access to the store in the demo, therefore we get training cards. You won't be getting any training cards after each game in the full version.

Yeah but there is no benefit to the training cards you get after the games unless EA just wants to introduce players to the card system.

Does anyone have a good HUT strategy?

Boosta
08-30-2011, 05:54 AM
Yeah but there is no benefit to the training cards you get after the games unless EA just wants to introduce players to the card system.

Does anyone have a good HUT strategy?

Of course there's a benefit - the teams you play get progressively better. You can upgrade your top lines by 2 or 3 points per player, that's huge.

Defiantllama14
09-01-2011, 01:15 AM
Of course there's a benefit - the teams you play get progressively better. You can upgrade your top lines by 2 or 3 points per player, that's huge.

Sorry but I do not see a benefit. I have gotten at least 6+ rare cards everytime I play HUT. If you can not beat any team with 6+ superstars on your team on PRO difficulty then I am sorry to tell you but you are horrible at the game. Not you personally but just in general.

DborKnowsBest
09-01-2011, 04:04 AM
Sorry but I do not see a benefit. I have gotten at least 6+ rare cards everytime I play HUT. If you can not beat any team with 6+ superstars on your team on PRO difficulty then I am sorry to tell you but you are horrible at the game. Not you personally but just in general.

Not everyone on x360a has been playing the series since NHL 94' it would be nice to see a HUT guide/video with the achievement guide.

MetallicaDan
09-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Not everyone on x360a has been playing the series since NHL 94' it would be nice to see a HUT guide/video with the achievement guide.

You're right, some of us have been playing since NHLPA Hockey '93 on the SNES. :P

Warren17
09-02-2011, 04:49 AM
By the time the game is released I just hope the fake back-hand go fore-hand shit is fixed.

EMP
09-04-2011, 04:19 AM
By the time the game is released I just hope the fake back-hand go fore-hand shit is fixed.

Agreed.. Also a little more awareness from the Goalie on a 1 on 2 would be nice some times you can just bring it up take a straight slapshot goes in.. would like to see the goalie be a little more aware though..

Comment to who ever was talking about Goalie fights in the game..
Who Cares? It happens in hockey some times not often but seriously it's something new and interesting and if you have a shitty goalie on OTP at least they can fight and be out for 5 minutes... boy they do suck.

Boosta
09-06-2011, 05:57 AM

Um, great, good for you. You got an all star team on the first demo HUT pack you pulled. I've started well over 200+ HUT teams, and guess what - you don't get an all star team every single time. So yes, there is a benefit to getting training cards, especially when your team is only 3 stars to begin with.

I'm sorry, but if you have an 'elitist' attitude like that because you got a good RANDOM DRAW, then I am sorry to tell you that you're nothing but a giant douchebag. Not you personally, just in general.

Sam is Psych0
09-06-2011, 08:33 PM
got my hands on the game today. got the name i wanted for my online club and made my HUT team. i opened my 3 free card packs and in the first one i got the legend gretzky card :D hopefully it's suuuuper rare.

Warren17
09-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Another thing I hoped the fixed( I doubt it) is the penalty shot. First, having to be on a break-away. It always happens that the guy is beside the computer another trips him and that equals a penalty shot. Then you can't bring the puck backwards. This is a rule. When I see people doing all this random shit. I.E Stop forward momentum( another rule you must keep going forward) then bring the puck back 80 times, then scoring I get frustrated.

Boosta
09-07-2011, 07:48 AM
got my hands on the game today. got the name i wanted for my online club and made my HUT team. i opened my 3 free card packs and in the first one i got the legend gretzky card :D hopefully it's suuuuper rare.

Considering that they're not making HUT available until next Tuesday, I call absolute BS. Please post a picture and prove me wrong.

FoxA83
09-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Well I had the game yesterday coming in (Europe). And the HUT was available for me, I even could play online against others so... It's already working...

MiguelangelO
09-07-2011, 04:38 PM
Considering that they're not making HUT available until next Tuesday, I call absolute BS. Please post a picture and prove me wrong.
I can confirm that HUT is up and running and I also got a Gretzky of the pack I got for winning the HUT tournament in the demo. Proven.

Boosta
09-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Interesting. They said it wasn't going to be available during the early access weekend (season ticket), so I'm surprised it's available right now.

jdc18
09-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Does anyone know if there is local multiplayer in "Be A Pro" mode, similar to how it works in the Fifa series?