PDA

View Full Version : multiplatform multiplayer

Kara Yildiz 93
08-23-2011, 07:53 PM
i heard something about , that you can play with the ps3 gamers ,too

is that true or is that a rumor ?

dang racoons
08-23-2011, 08:01 PM
I haven't heard anything to suggest this so I'm going to say no. However if it did turn out to be crossplatform multiplayer I would think it would be between pc and ps3/xbox, but then the pc gamers would dominate console gamers.

Grey Delta
08-24-2011, 09:07 AM
I don't think we would ever be able to play against PC players as the advantage they have would be immense, and that's not even taking into consideration the server issues and such. It would be more likely to be able to play against PS3 players but that's never going to happen either, it would be too hard to implement.

So no, it's not true.

MilkySheep
08-25-2011, 06:24 AM
This would be a retarded idea. PC gamers would absolutely destroy anybody on consoles.

Beefdagreat
08-26-2011, 03:30 AM
lol i think having xbox players playing with ps3 players will never happen

OceanH
08-26-2011, 05:11 AM
i heard something about , that you can play with the ps3 gamers ,too

is that true or is that a rumor ?

Where did you heard that? From a friend? Just like that? 'Cause this is a first and I've never even heard the slightest of it in any gaming news website. Unbelievable how people hear rumors.

loganm223
08-26-2011, 05:15 AM
Yea and EA as we all know wouldn't want that to happen, but it would be an interesting concept

MediumMelanin
08-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Ha, no...though, that would be cool, one day...one day. But not for shooters, PC would DESTROY console players, as some people have already stated.

Anyway, PS3, PC and 360 use different networks, how would they connect? It's sorta like AOL, MSN and Skype could connect. Not gonna happen.

Mother Beef
08-29-2011, 12:14 AM
Ha, no...though, that would be cool, one day...one day. But not for shooters, PC would DESTROY console players, as some people have already stated.

Anyway, PS3, PC and 360 use different networks, how would they connect? It's sorta like AOL, MSN and Skype could connect. Not gonna happen.

Umm... already happened between PC and 360. They did it or Shadowrun, a game that no one really heard of or played but was absolutely amazing and had a really good community, just lacked the advertisement :/ I versed a few PC players, it didnt seem like they dominated that much. But it honestly depends on the type of game, Shadowrun was pretty past paced and there was many buttons to be used to make combos (shoot, throw a grenade, change powers, teleport through the floor, teleport again and be behind your opponent.) thus controllers had a slight advantage in that sense.

Battlefield would end in PC's dominating consoles because its game based on accuracy and at times a good reaction. But its not going to happen as the only companies interested in cross-platform is Valve, who through putting Steam on the PS3 are allowing the players to verse PC players in Counter-Strike:GO and games like Shadowrun which run off Games For Windows Live.

Dz06lt
08-29-2011, 12:43 AM
I wish they would combine all the usebases

savok1
08-29-2011, 09:56 AM
Can't see it ever happening, M$ and Sony... Can't see them wanting cross platform with each other

Burnout x360a
08-29-2011, 10:04 AM
PC players would dominate in any FPS cross platform. End of.

jrain286
08-31-2011, 03:34 AM
There is no way that would be possible you almost never see that in games and when you do it does not always work out the best. The only way i can see this happening if its 360 and PC but not with both consoles that would just not happen.

Grey Delta
08-31-2011, 10:53 AM
360 & PC will never happen again, at least not on a massive title like this. The new Counter Strike will feature cross-platform play, but only between PS3 & PC. 360 users will only be able to play with each other and I see it staying that way for a long time.