PDA

View Full Version : Noob-friendly finally?

Hoborg
08-23-2011, 08:23 PM
Now that EA is seriously going for Activision's balls is it safe to assume BF3 will host a slew of improvement for noobies?

Here are the changes I like to see:

Reduce recoil of guns
Reduce labor of kills (fewer bullets required to kill)
Easier vehicular controls

So I know 1 and 2 won't happen, but what about these new jets? Will they be as hard to control as the helicopters in Bad Company or the planes in 1943?

I just hate how most people bought the game(s) and only a modest elite were able to properly use all the functions of the mp, namely the unruly helicopters and planes :(

If I buy BF3 I want to be able to play the entire game not just 95 % of it.

eXoTiC Zebes0
08-23-2011, 10:09 PM
The bc helis are really use to use. The 1943 planes too.

There won't be any "noob-friendly" shit in this game :P

xDEATHDEALERSxx
08-23-2011, 10:22 PM
I hope they leave the MP alone.... just keep it like it is.

guillermo316
08-23-2011, 10:30 PM
FEWER BULLETS REQUIRED TO KILL...... and "If I buy BF3 I want to be able to play the entire game not just 95 % of it." What you're asking is not up to the developer its up to you. Its like everything in life you have to work for it. "I want to be ABLE to play the entire game.... lol

DEG23
08-24-2011, 12:58 AM
Here are the changes I like to see:

Reduce recoil of guns
Reduce labor of kills (fewer bullets required to kill)
Easier vehicular controls

So I know 1 and 2 won't happen, but what about these new jets? Will they be as hard to control as the helicopters in Bad Company or the planes in 1943?

I just hate how most people bought the game(s) and only a modest elite were able to properly use all the functions of the mp, namely the unruly helicopters and planes :(

If I buy BF3 I want to be able to play the entire game not just 95 % of it.

So basically you want to load up a multiplayer game press a few buttons and have it kill everyone on the other team???

So maybe the Helicopters took a few tries to get used to but the tanks and apc's were easy as anything to use.

And i don't understand how you can play through 95% of a game and not have learn't the mechanics of the game to get you through the last 5%???

Maybe it would be a good idea to give BF3 a miss, considering you would be outnumbered by all the modest elites:confused:

Cooljoe
08-24-2011, 08:29 AM
You want noob friendly? Go play call of doody the most overrated multiplayer of all time IMO. Reduced recoil? The recoil in battlefield is fine. Less bullets to kill. I'm sorry but are you serious? Really? You kill plenty fast enough in bfbc2 to kill, you just have to get a "feel" for the game is what I like to say. Learn how to burst fire. My younger bro first taught me how, and it's worked wonders ever since. Even if you're a noob,just play smart. For example,if you hear or see a tank rolling by, stand as still as a 2x4. Arivaderci!

Burnout x360a
08-24-2011, 09:03 AM
or the planes in 1943?

The 1943 planes are piss easy to control?

Grey Delta
08-24-2011, 09:14 AM
I don't agree with making stuff easier as I think it's fine as it is, I DO wish they would add a way of practising flying planes/choppers seperate from the multiplayer.

I personally can't fly choppers well for 2 reasons, not getting enough practice with them and not wanting to take them in MP as I know I'll waste it, making a vicious circle. Some people who suck at flying DO take choppers though and waste them, so a way of practising is vitally needed imo.

dang racoons
08-24-2011, 01:13 PM
I don't agree with making stuff easier as I think it's fine as it is, I DO wish they would add a way of practising flying planes/choppers seperate from the multiplayer.

I personally can't fly choppers well for 2 reasons, not getting enough practice with them and not wanting to take them in MP as I know I'll waste it, making a vicious circle. Some people who suck at flying DO take choppers though and waste them, so a way of practising is vitally needed imo.

I agree there should be some sort of mode to just practice flying helicopters and planes as I only tend to use the gun and when I fly I'll normally nose dive into something.

However as for making it more noob friendly I don't see why they will or should I mean recoil is there to make it harder to hit people at a range and I can't say I have problems with guns taking to long to kill.

ZundayXx
08-24-2011, 10:36 PM
Games have been dumbed down since games first started to excist. Prime examples being Duke Nukem Forever and the latest WoW content. If you can't play games properly in this state then you might wish to try out My Little Pony, no offense.

Mother Beef
08-25-2011, 05:15 AM
As metioned above i dont think at all that the game should become 'noob freindly' as it just takes time to get used to how to succeed and win battles BF. Also i do agree however that they should allow for a 'training ground' type option inwhich you get to practice to use the choppers etc.

Nevertheless i dont really mind as i personally never use the choppers, its not only because im not some l33t pilot who can simply strafe in circles for an entire match raining down all kinds of hell. But i simply dont really like using vehicles except my trusty Abrahams tank. Every man to there own i guess.

IM SO FUCKING READY FOR THIS GAME.

Kaiyo
08-25-2011, 06:06 AM
Oh wow lets dumb down the entire gameplay and its entire achievements.
Lets have auto-shooting, auto-medal gaining, autodriving/autopilot, and get achievements like that Avatar game.
lol

purpleinsect
08-25-2011, 06:11 AM
Nah why should there be anything noob friendly? Then when you get better those things would be too easy. So it's better for it to be little challenging and little hard to get into, so it rewards you better ;) Life ain't easy, why should games be

exo-apollo
08-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Oh no that would be terrible, keep it exactly the way it is. It's good having vehicles that elite players can command.

Grey Delta
08-25-2011, 03:27 PM
It's good having vehicles that elite players can command.

Not sure if serious...

DarkCrown
08-25-2011, 05:20 PM
Please no , leave Battlefield as it is , It's easy to play , easy to understand.

The recoil and the bullet travel are what make it fun , because to snipe someone you don't have to only put the cross on him and be able to do a headshot from 365 miles away. You have to calculate the bullet drop

As for the vehicule , yes the chopper take a little while to get your hand on , but if you can't really fly it , just don't take it , let someone drive it and shoot from above.

Sure you might not get as many points , but who care , I think Battlefield establish that multiplayer is all about team cooperation , do good and your team will be victorious.

BF3 will be awesome!

ZingZitang
08-25-2011, 05:44 PM
Honestly, I agree with Him Wanting it to take Less Bullets to Kill people. Now just read before you start Flaming me telling me how horrible I am at the Game(I'm not by the way).

Shooting someone with 30 bullets gets old fast. And it ruins the Immersion Factor for me personally. "Yeah, that guy just took TWO Head shots from a Sniper Rifle. . . Thats Cool. . . "

Or people taking more than one Shot from a tank. "Really? You were within 5 feet of that huge explosion but you didn't die? Awesome. . ." And most people just Hide in Bushes with their sniper in Hardcore Mode.

So I personally would like to see enemies take just a bit fewer bullets to die. Or maybe just make the Weapons a Little more powerful.

Mother Beef
08-25-2011, 11:16 PM
Honestly, I agree with Him Wanting it to take Less Bullets to Kill people. Now just read before you start Flaming me telling me how horrible I am at the Game(I'm not by the way).

Shooting someone with 30 bullets gets old fast. And it ruins the Immersion Factor for me personally. "Yeah, that guy just took TWO Head shots from a Sniper Rifle. . . Thats Cool. . . "

Or people taking more than one Shot from a tank. "Really? You were within 5 feet of that huge explosion but you didn't die? Awesome. . ." And most people just Hide in Bushes with their sniper in Hardcore Mode.

So I personally would like to see enemies take just a bit fewer bullets to die. Or maybe just make the Weapons a Little more powerful.

For starters, if it takes you 30bullets to kill someone its your aim, not the game.

As for the 2 headshots with snipers and the tank bullets not being mini nukes. Its all to do with balance. If those semi automatic (or fully automatic) snipers such as the SVU or QBU88 were a 1 shot headshot it would make the game incredibly unbalanced as they could easily just pop off one round and simply cycle to the next player, or just spray and hope for headshots. So now they do roughly half the damage but shoot twice as fast.

The tank, well thats just plain balancing, they are currently very strong vehicles as they take 3+ rockets (depending on perks/ where it hit) and their bullets are almost always a 1 hit kill if aimed correctly. If you have ever played Homefront you would realise that if they tank did have the blast radius that you think it should, then attempting to take one out as a solider would be tremendously difficult.

I say keep the game the way it is.

Domanator316
08-27-2011, 12:22 AM
I think the Humvee should has a little more health.

seahn
08-27-2011, 11:40 PM
the best advice i can give OP is this, get some friends, they can be virtual friends it doesn't matter... talk to those friends, hopefully they are honesty and can admit their flaws aswell as their strengths (something you will need to do aswell), and then what you do is you make a team that plays well off each other. the best way to make the game "easier" for a noob, is simply move away from the title noob, and become familiar with the game, or just surround yourself with really bad-ass players on your team, hahaha...

and wth, does anyone on this forum do research, the bullets do more damage in BF3 than they did in BF:BC2, i know this because i played the alpha yes, but its still easy information to acquire on that there internets...

EDIT: i noticed when re-reading my post, i didn't specify those friends should be in BF3, and the strengths and weaknesses should also be in BF3, but if you feel like finding some random friends and discussing real life strengths and weaknesses, dont let me stop you, hahaha jk

Mother Beef
08-28-2011, 01:06 AM
the best advice i can give OP is this, get some friends, they can be virtual friends it doesn't matter... talk to those friends, hopefully they are honesty and can admit their flaws aswell as their strengths (something you will need to do aswell), and then what you do is you make a team that plays well off each other. the best way to make the game "easier" for a noob, is simply move away from the title noob, and become familiar with the game, or just surround yourself with really bad-ass players on your team, hahaha...

and wth, does anyone on this forum do research, the bullets do more damage in BF3 than they did in BF:BC2, i know this because i played the alpha yes, but its still easy information to acquire on that there internets...

EDIT: i noticed when re-reading my post, i didn't specify those friends should be in BF3, and the strengths and weaknesses should also be in BF3, but if you feel like finding some random friends and discussing real life strengths and weaknesses, dont let me stop you, hahaha jk

I knew that BF3 has more damage but regardless that was a small of the OP's plethora of 'problems'.

CACTUS
08-28-2011, 01:06 PM
leave the game as it is great game
i am not great so i help my team by trying to capture flags and then defending u just play to your best abilty
would love to see a training ground so i could improve my flying :woop:

MediumMelanin
08-28-2011, 11:12 PM
Ha, well, practice makes perfect. It's not hard at all to fly a chopper. Hell, they made it easier to fly in Battlefield Bad Company 2 than in Battlefield Bad Company.

Deimenried
09-01-2011, 09:29 PM
If you aren't good, then just practice. The first few matches will be hell, but that's what learning is all about. You gotta die a few times to realise what you can and can't do.

This is a complaint I hear all too often, but if you persist at it and approach it in a positive manner then you will become a great player. The learning curve will probably be steep, but it's rewarding. If all else fails pick the Sniper class. That's what I did in BF2 and I got a good deal of XP from it, and all that without basecamping and all that other stuff that gave us Snipers a bad rep on that game.

Barad
09-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Don't change Battlefield atall please its fine as it is. It's easy to pick up and just play. Vehicles in BC2 are piss to control. You can't play with the recoil that could mess up the whole multiplayer.

The Reaper0
09-03-2011, 03:48 PM
I have Faith in DICE(get it?) won't detract from the raw BF experience. To be honest the difficulty in the chopper controls for BFBC2 is what made it a balanced vehicle. Once you get your head around the left stick being left and right and the right stick being where the nose points it becomes second nature. You should try flying the choppers on BFBC2 pc, it has its full potential unlocked, thus you have 200% more chance to crash.

Grey Delta
09-03-2011, 04:05 PM
It was confirmed in the SentUAMessage GamesCom special that there will be no way to practice any vehicles at launch, but that something might be added at a later date.

At least we'll have the server browser, which will help in getting a low populated server to repeatedly crash air vehicles on for practice.