PDA

View Full Version : Augmenting Tips

Treabor21
08-24-2011, 02:19 PM
I haven't had a chance to play yet, other then watching the tutorial videos. Im guessing that a lot of your augments will depend on your playstyle, but are there any augments that are a must have, like hacking? Im just looking for some tips or some hints maybe on augmenting in general.

D412k Kn16h7
08-24-2011, 03:15 PM
Really depends on your playstyle. But, that being said, this game is definitely favouring the stealth approach. Augments I"ve been using (I'm not focusing on Pacifist or Foxiest of Hounds) that I find extremely useful are:

- Social Aug
- Icarus
- Punching through walls
- Hacking (Up to level 4, hardly ever need level 5)

I plan on getting more augments in the stealth deparment such as cloaking and moving silently. Increases in health, sprint duration, and other combat augs aren't really that necessary since there's usually a sneaky way around, and a good headshot from a silenced pistol usually takes most enemies out

fastNcurious
08-24-2011, 05:56 PM
I'd be grateful for tips on augmenting as well. As mentioned, it depends on your play style, but are there ones you've picked that seem to be more helpful than others? Are there ones that seem pointless to you?

So far, I've been playing in a pretty paranoid way since you seem to earn XP slowly. I've been saving up all my Praxis Points and not using them until I get to a point where I can't proceed anymore without augmenting. For example, I had to upgrade my hacking to get through certain areas to complete a quest. I also chose Multiple Takedown cuz I'm going for no alarms, no kills, and I had to take down two guys at once for a quest.

SolusFlare
08-24-2011, 06:12 PM
I'd be grateful for tips on augmenting as well. As mentioned, it depends on your play style, but are there ones you've picked that seem to be more helpful than others? Are there ones that seem pointless to you?

So far, I've been playing in a pretty paranoid way since you seem to earn XP slowly. I've been saving up all my Praxis Points and not using them until I get to a point where I can't proceed anymore without augmenting. For example, I had to upgrade my hacking to get through certain areas to complete a quest. I also chose Multiple Takedown cuz I'm going for no alarms, no kills, and I had to take down two guys at once for a quest.

Well maxing out hacking is good for everything as it will provide access easier to most places.

Stealth is a must if going for the silent approach and along with it the battery recharge (not necessarily more batteries since only one recharges)-
Break walls is "okay".- mostly good for finding secret places (not many of them) but found like 6-7 Nukes in one place.
Heavy lifting and Jump is good for alternative routes but not really needed if you have hacking.

Immune to gas is good for a few spots to save time- Same with immune to electricity. Electricity is also beneficial when it comes to a certain boss.

More inventory space is mostly for holding items so you can sell them.

The speech skill is not "needed" since you can get the info needed most of the time. But some people will not have a conversation with you unless you have the skill. (a certain security guard may spill info about various flaws in his security)

And of course armor for expected gun fights.

Weapon tips if needed.

Magnum + exploding ammo is a win. (sure rocket is more powerful)- But Magnum is smaller in the inventory so is the bullets. It will kill on one shot to most enemies and bosses will not take many either.

Cary a few EMP grenades to disable mechs with a single EMP.

Secondary weapon : Shotgun.

Youll find most bullets for the 10mm so might be a optional extra to carry around.

Worst gun is the heavy machine gun. Takes to long to roll up the barrel and shoot and it delivers minimal damage + it recoils allot and makes it hard to see what your shooting at.

Of course for stealth, use the stungun.- The trang takes to long to work.

But yeah- Just my suggestions.

Explosive Magnum and StunGun- A few EMP.
Hack, Stealth and recharge.

D412k Kn16h7
08-24-2011, 06:13 PM
Well, from experience, I find the "Walk/Run/Land Silently" to be completely optional because they consume energy and are not passive.

DOPE BOI
08-24-2011, 06:34 PM
If you are like me and do a lot of exploring and such you will get plenty of parxis chips. At the end of my first playthrough I almost had everything maxed out and I had missed some side quest.

Here are some good ones to have

Social Enhancer

Radar System

Stealth Enhancer- Only bother if going for Foxiest and even then you should only need Cone of Vision

Hacking Capture- Max everything but level 5, that isnt need really but feel free if you have more than enough points

Hacking Stealth- Max

Extra battery cells- Max

Level 1 recharge for battery cells unless using cloaking then maybe level 2

Implanted Rebreather- Only level 1 so gas grenades have no effect

Typhoon- If you are going to be playing offensive and killing if not then dont bother

Cybernetic arm- Upgrade everything. If not killing anyone you dont need the recoil buffer

Leg Aug- You only need to be able to jump higher, everything else is a waste

Dermal Armor- Upgrade everything

Cloaking- Only get if going for stealth other than that it uses too much energy and only last for 30 sec

Reflex Booster upgraded for double takedowns

Icarus Landing System not needed but nice to have

Retinal Prosthesis- Upgrade Flash Suppressant

Smart Vision- Upgrade this

Things you dont need

Aim Stabilizer- Dont even bother, even when killing it will most likely be done from behind cover.

You dont need to sprint longer distances or faster.

You dont need to run or walk silently. If playing for stealth a simple crouch will do, and you dont want to use that with cloak, as cloak burns up your cell energy and adding this will only make cloak burn faster.

You dont need Hacking analyze or fortify.

You dont need Cooldown Timer. You will know when the enemy has dropped their alarm state by looking at the radar, just sit and wait if need be.