PDA

View Full Version : help with Cloak and Daggers without setting alarms (potential spoilers)

fastNcurious
08-24-2011, 10:45 PM
Sorry if this is a repost. For some reason my original thread disappeared.

Does anyone have tips for completing Cloak and Daggers without setting off alarms (in particular the part where you're supposed to clear out the apartment)?

I don't know how to handle the two guys in the living room without setting off an alarm. I have Multiple Takedown aug already, but takedown doesn't work from behind the couch and if I get in front of them, they always get alarmed.

Thanks in advance.

Dirty130
08-24-2011, 10:49 PM
Sorry if this is a repost. For some reason my original thread disappeared.

Does anyone have tips for completing Cloak and Daggers without setting off alarms (in particular the part where you're supposed to clear out the apartment)?

I don't know how to handle the two guys in the living room without setting off an alarm. I have Multiple Takedown aug already, but takedown doesn't work from behind the couch and if I get in front of them, they always get alarmed.

Thanks in advance.

Throw a cardboard box or something near them and one will come to investigate and Ka-Pow! Stealth Takedown! Rinse and repeat with other Thugs in the apartment if needed.

fastNcurious
08-25-2011, 12:14 AM
Throw a cardboard box or something near them and one will come to investigate and Ka-Pow! Stealth Takedown! Rinse and repeat with other Thugs in the apartment if needed.

Where are you throwing the boxes? I'm playing on Normal and they always get alarmed.

I'm tossing the boxes in the hallway by the couch. One of the guys in the living room goes, "Is anyone out there?" and as soon as he exits the apartment, the mini-map says "alarmed" even though I'm out of sight.

If I try to toss a box from the kitchen out into the hallway (hoping that I can do a takedown as he's approaching the doorway of the apartment), it immediately goes into "alarmed." :confused:

Dirty130
08-25-2011, 12:27 AM
Where are you throwing the boxes? I'm playing on Normal and they always get alarmed.

I'm tossing the boxes in the hallway by the couch. One of the guys in the living room goes, "Is anyone out there?" and as soon as he exits the apartment, the mini-map says "alarmed" even though I'm out of sight.

If I try to toss a box from the kitchen out into the hallway (hoping that I can do a takedown as he's approaching the doorway of the apartment), it immediately goes into "alarmed." :confused:

Damn.. That sucks. It worked fine for me. Have you tried shooting one guy in the head with the stun gun then non lethal takedown the other. That also works if you're quick.

Edit: I was throwing boxes at the back of the lounge the goons were sitting in. Crouching in the door way and throwing the box straight ahead at the back of the lounge the Thug on the left is sitting in.

The stun gun method; crouching from the same doorway, sneak in stun gun thug on left from behind and sprint two to three steps tapping B for a non lethal takedown on the other.

For both these methods I was playing on easy. The AI is deafer, dumber, blinder, etc..

Storm1569
08-25-2011, 03:25 AM
I was going for The Pacifist achievement as well, and what I did was knock out the first two guys in the hallway way before I got to that point (I was exploring.) If you haven't I suggest the Tranquilizer Rifle if you have it, because that is what I used to take out the two guys on the couch inside. It caused one to become 'Alarmed' but not 'Hostile' meaning he did not know I was there.

As for taking out the leader and his other friend in the bedroom, I threw in a concussion grenade, and shot one with the Tranq. Rifle followed by a takedown to the other.

All this was also done on easy, hope that helps you!

J4ckyb0y1
08-25-2011, 04:03 AM
The guy being 'Alarmed' is not the same as an alarm being set off. It means he suspects something. I pull guys to me a lot by jumping up and down and making noise. They come to look around and BAM, take-down.

With this mission I had already taken down the 2 in the hallway earlier so only had the 4 in the apartment to deal with. Made noise in the hallway and got one of them in the living room to come to the front door. Hit him with the stun gun while still in cover. The other guy came to revive him and then he was stunned as well. Then the 2 in the bedroom came out and met the same fate. EZPZ

fastNcurious
08-25-2011, 08:00 AM
The guy being 'Alarmed' is not the same as an alarm being set off.

Yeah, I think that's where I was a bit anal since I'm trying to do a "no alarm" playthrough. I kept thinking that alarmed meant I failed, but from other threads on here I guess that's not the case so I'm ok.

It's funny cuz I tried so many things. Once I picked Invisi aug, stunned one guy in the living room and then immediately did a takedown on the other guy, but it still flashed "hostile" for a half second. It was at that point that I realized there's no way to take them out silently.

Thanks for all the tips.