PDA

View Full Version : How hard is the Hardest Setting

echoedpulse23
08-25-2011, 04:35 AM
So I ended up starting over because I found out that killing the enemies at the beginning of the game dis activate my chances of getting pacifist among other achievements. I am still a little uneasy about not being able to smash through walls and throw vending machines on top of homicidal maniacs but I do if for the cheevos!! haha. Anyways, I was wondering if I should go ahead and try this on the hardest difficulty as well.

I am not very good with the controls yet, and I want to make sure this wont be so hard that I am not enjoying the idea of being a bad ass dude!!!! Is anyone playing or has played this on the hardest and can give some constructive input?

Serjitank
08-25-2011, 04:40 AM
It isnt too bad for me yet (but i havent even gotten to a boss yet, so..)
But what do you mean not smashing walls? i smashed a wall like 20 feet from a group up guys and nothing happened. not sure if that was a fluke though...

doket
08-25-2011, 04:41 AM
hard mode is not so hard, because most of the times you can take cover and do stealth to takedown enemy or bypass them, only matter is the boss fight.

J4ckyb0y1
08-25-2011, 04:44 AM
But what do you mean not smashing walls? i smashed a wall like 20 feet from a group up guys and nothing happened. not sure if that was a fluke though...

If you smash a wall with someone directly on the other side, they die.

echoedpulse23
08-25-2011, 04:44 AM
haha, nice nice. With the sneaking around, you can't get aggressive like throwing things at enemies and smashing walls with an enemy behind them. Good to know about the difficulty. I think i am gonna play it again on hardest and just bulldoze my way through it!!!

Serjitank
08-25-2011, 04:45 AM

didnt think of that...

J4ckyb0y1
08-25-2011, 04:49 AM
Just play it on easy or normal and learn the game and screw around. Besides some of the weapons are fun to use. Love the way the crossbow pins people to the walls. You will also learn which Augments are a priority. It's not like the game is not worth playing a 2nd time.

echoedpulse23
08-25-2011, 04:49 AM

yep, doesn't that sound awesome!!!!!

ALso, and this is just as awesome, but I love your profile picture! Cracks me up man, did you make that or find on the web?

J4ckyb0y1
08-25-2011, 04:53 AM
Found it. It was a rejected perk icon :)

echoedpulse23
08-25-2011, 05:36 AM
haha very nice, thanks for crackin me up!

TAI JASON
08-25-2011, 06:32 AM
Hey guy´s a got a quick question. Do the enemy´s in the beginning of the game (before you get your AUG) count for the no kill achivement?!?

Thanks in andvance...

Rivercurse
08-25-2011, 06:43 AM
Hey guy´s a got a quick question. Do the enemy´s in the beginning of the game (before you get your AUG) count for the no kill achivement?!?

Thanks in andvance...

Yes they do this was confirmed in another thread. You need to stealth by them.

TAI JASON
08-25-2011, 06:50 AM
Yes they do this was confirmed in another thread. You need to stealth by them.

Ah shit! I thought it was just a "prolouge". Now i have to start again...

Thanks

typahl21
08-25-2011, 06:57 AM
as far as difficulty goes it isnt bad, especially considering that i am going through as a stealth playthrough. i am not sure what is different compared to other difficulties, besides the obvious damage increase of the enemies, but most of the time i am stunning them or using a takedown. i said to myself hell i might as well start on the toughest difficulty and get it over with since multi-plays are going to be necessary. as far as boss fights the first was cake, and the second i think i lucked out a little bit cause it glitched where the boss was standing still and i just shot them in the head until i won. lol. i was like alrighty, thank you glitch. lol. i also find that being a badass on this playthrough isnt diminished at all from frustration, cause this game in general is so badass. definitely cant wait to start over and gun everyone down. :uzi: LOL!

evo_4
08-25-2011, 07:10 AM
Its not a guns blazin' ass kickin' game. Thats because all difficulties are similar. They can take you down easily with a shotgun round on normal and so on Hard. I just encounter only one boss and its not that bad. I think Hard difficulty is no different and harder compare to Normal.

echoedpulse23
08-25-2011, 08:04 AM

Thanks in andvance...
haha made the same, I mean same mistake which is why I actually posted this thread, because i was s t arting over!!!! I think there needs to be a disclaimer or intro message that flashes, stating that you need to not kill those dudes at the beginning!!!!
I snuck by them, and if done with confidence, its not to bad, pretty easy.

echoedpulse23
08-25-2011, 08:11 AM
as far as difficulty goes it isnt bad, especially considering that i am going through as a stealth playthrough. i am not sure what is different compared to other difficulties, besides the obvious damage increase of the enemies, but most of the time i am stunning them or using a takedown. i said to myself hell i might as well start on the toughest difficulty and get it over with since multi-plays are going to be necessary. as far as boss fights the first was cake, and the second i think i lucked out a little bit cause it glitched where the boss was standing still and i just shot them in the head until i won. lol. i was like alrighty, thank you glitch. lol. i also find that being a badass on this playthrough isnt diminished at all from frustration, cause this game in general is so badass. definitely cant wait to start over and gun everyone down. :uzi: LOL!

yeah, thats a good thought process. Since your sneaking around anyway, you don't have to worry about loosing health so much!!! I figured I would wait for the gun and killing augs for when it might be a little harder, but I am still low now so I am gonna have to see how i am tempted to build the character!!! But I generally agree completely. GOod luck!!

Originally Posted by Evo_4
Its not a guns blazin' ass kickin' game. Thats because all difficulties are similar. They can take you down easily with a shotgun round on normal and so on Hard. I just encounter only one boss and its not that bad. I think Hard difficulty is no different and harder compare to Normal.yeah its obviouse its not a first person shooter, but i can't help but disagree about the ass kicking game. I saw a buddy htrow a vending machine and squash some enemy, jumped off a ledge and stunded someone, and stabbed them right through the heart!!! Bad ass... I know what u mean by the level of strategy since you die easily.