PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts On No Porsches?

EchoPark
08-25-2011, 02:17 PM
I cant believe what i just read today they wont be any Porsche any Forza 4 due to EA own the Lisencing :(

I'm not the biggest Porsche fan but u kinda expect it to be in there ... i personally like the 343 i think it was ... loved it just sad it wont be in there.

Whats ur thoughts on it? Should developers be able to keep long lisencing on certain items

StillTIPPIN187
08-25-2011, 05:35 PM
I think its complete BS.. all this dumb BF3 talk is going straight to EAs head.

I really dont understand how Activision has half the hate they have from ppl.. seeing how they dont..

Charge for online passes.
Charge customers for early title play
Remove servers from games early.
Remove games from marketplaces just to bring customers to their new lame marketplace.. Origin.
Talk smack on rival games

You can clearly tell EA wants the whole market,

Tony Hawks makes bank.. so EA puts out skate.
Guitar Hero makes bank.. So EA puts out Rock Band
Call of Duty makes bank.. so EA gives battlefield a huge push.
Forza 4 and GT are doing their own thing and trying to make bank in a world dominated with lame FPS games.. So EA doens't allow Porsche in Forza 4 and probably every other Racing/SIM from here are out.. just to make its lame NFS games stand out.

EA needs to get ahold of themselves..

DayV3d
08-25-2011, 08:13 PM
I think its complete BS.. all this dumb BF3 talk is going straight to EAs head.

I really dont understand how Activision has half the hate they have from ppl.. seeing how they dont..

Charge for online passes.
Charge customers for early title play
Remove servers from games early.
Remove games from marketplaces just to bring customers to their new lame marketplace.. Origin.
Talk smack on rival games

You can clearly tell EA wants the whole market,

Tony Hawks makes bank.. so EA puts out skate.
Guitar Hero makes bank.. So EA puts out Rock Band
Call of Duty makes bank.. so EA gives battlefield a huge push.
Forza 4 and GT are doing their own thing and trying to make bank in a world dominated with lame FPS games.. So EA doens't allow Porsche in Forza 4 and probably every other Racing/SIM from here are out.. just to make its lame NFS games stand out.

EA needs to get ahold of themselves..

nah, dont blame ea for rockband, activision messed this one up :) but yeah, youre right. its kinda sad that ea is falling back to the days everybody hates them. i dont care about online passes and other sh*t they do to earn money, its their right as a company. but this is getting ridiculous. so they own the porsche license and wont give it away to others? because what? they can communicate better with their customers while driving a virtual car in a nfs game instead of any other one? aw sheesh, im to old for this childish behaviour. its just lame. really really lame and sad. :(

EchoPark
08-26-2011, 12:34 AM
EA was the company bk in the days everyone hated .. and they started to be a bit different and u know they started to be pretty cool and release decent games ... but now there slipping bk to the asses they are. Its just silly ... i seen children act better sharing there toys

DEG23
08-26-2011, 12:42 AM
Have to agree with OP never really felt anything for Porsche, with a possible exception for the GT2 and maybe the GT3 RS. The Boxster is a weak, lazy designed 911, the Cayman is for people who think they're better than Boxster owners but who can't afford a 911, the Panamera and Cayenne are have bodies that make me want to vomit and the Carrera GT doesn't stand out amongst the other super cars on the market.

But Porsche rant aside, I used to buy a large portion of EA developed games, but in the recent years i have lost faith in their products and now i refuse to buy EA devloped games, i just feel i'm not getting my moneys worth

And it's ridiculous that one company can own the rights to a certain manufacturer, i'll certain that Porsche would rather have their line of cars featured in a realsitic and hugely POPULAR game like Forza than the utter piece of shit that is NFS (sorry if you are a fan of NFS). I am no lawyer but couldn't Porsche say "screw you EA, (rips up contract) Turn 10 let's make a deal"

loganm223
08-26-2011, 12:52 AM
Is there a Link ?
Edit: found a link http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2011/08/25/forza-4-porsche-ea/

EchoPark
08-26-2011, 01:13 AM
Is there a Link ?
Edit: found a link http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2011/08/25/forza-4-porsche-ea/

yea sorry :( i forgot to add a link in there. I'm always one for sources too lol

But for porsche fans they will be a few RUF cars which will do i guess. I mean like i said its not that the cars am missing its just what EA did

loganm223
08-26-2011, 01:16 AM
Yea im really starting to get pissed at EA cause of all the shit the put us thro, but i guess we can do without porches and this game is gonna be sick never the less

DEG23
08-26-2011, 01:43 AM
Thanks for the link, just read the article and i have to say, it's seems like a desperate attempt by EA, hell i don't even think Porsche fans will be buying NFS:The Run over Forza 4. It's a shame because i wouldn't mind seeing one of the many 911's or even the 959 in autovista mode, but like loganm said, it will still be an amazing game, lets just hope in the future Ferrari or Lamborghini aren't stupid enough to sign a deal with EA.

rekikire
08-26-2011, 02:22 AM
I actually had NFS The run preordered, then I was the demo at E3 and switched to Forza 4.

EchoPark
08-26-2011, 03:10 AM
Well am sure Turn 10 has the rights to Ferrari from what i saw in the link i saw at CVG

Bloodrune
08-26-2011, 04:52 AM
EA sort of redeemed themselves in my eyes with the Dead Space games, but now they're in the doghouse again. I really wanted to drive a Carrera GT in F4

MxPx
08-26-2011, 05:03 AM
GT3 RS was my favorite vehicle for online play. ;(

But as long as Acuras/Hondas are in it, I am happy.

loganm223
08-26-2011, 05:09 AM
Yea i thought the run was gonna be good but now im not gonna get it but i can't wait for forza 4

MxPx
08-26-2011, 05:09 AM
Yea i thought the run was gonna be good but now im not gonna get it but i can't wait for forza 4

NFS hasn't been good since Underground.

loganm223
08-26-2011, 05:12 AM
i didnt mind hot prusuit but i got bored of it within a day, but forza 3 is still keeping me busy, and turn 10 is the best racing simulation developer, and i think porsche would rather have there cars in turn 10's game then EA

SpectreSoldier
08-26-2011, 11:06 PM
Well am sure Turn 10 has the rights to Ferrari from what i saw in the link i saw at CVG
Yes, you're right because in Test Drive Unlimited 2 (only Xbox 360 version) hasn't the ferrari 458 Italia because Turn 10 own the license of that car.
That's what I read.

Enzo1103
08-26-2011, 11:34 PM
Nevermind, maybe the next Need For Speed game might actua..

Waitaminute.

Fuck EA.

Gogobinsin
08-27-2011, 03:49 PM
What? I didn't even know about this. That's ridiculous - Porsche Carrera and Cayman are two of my favourite cars, can't believe we won't be seeing them in Forza 4 :( Still I guess it's not such a big deal when there's loads of other great cars, I'm just a bit disappointed at this news I guess but the game is going to be great regardless :)

ian333333
08-28-2011, 01:48 AM
Good!!! I hate 911's :p

I don't see why porsche (or any company) would want an exclusive deal with any one game, it's basically free advertising for them and I'm sure they'd make more from people driving them in the games and wanting to in real life than they would from which ever company paid them for an exclusivity deal...

IEvil IMonkey
08-28-2011, 08:32 AM
You know I never knew that Turn10 had to rent the Porsche rights from EA.... This news just makes EA look pretty pathetic tbh. I know they're looking after #1 with NFS:The Run coming out soon with the Porsches in but this kind of behaviour will make people think twice about purchasing the next NFS game due to this - whats changed seeing as they could use the cars in Forza 1-3???
With over 500 cars though you wont be stuck for an alternative but its always nice to have a 911 in your garage etc
Atleast all is not lost - the car will feature a few cars from RUF which is a Porsche tuner from Germany and the cars do look pretty good!! I hope the 3 cars include the CTR, RT12 and RGT personally =)

MxPx
08-28-2011, 08:36 AM
You know I never knew that Turn10 had to rent the Porsche rights from EA.... This news just makes EA look pretty pathetic tbh. I know they're looking after #1 with NFS:The Run coming out soon with the Porsches in but this kind of behaviour will make people think twice about purchasing the next NFS game due to this - whats changed seeing as they could use the cars in Forza 1-3???
With over 500 cars though you wont be stuck for an alternative but its always nice to have a 911 in your garage etc
Atleast all is not lost - the car will feature a few cars from RUF which is a Porsche tuner from Germany and the cars do look pretty good!! I hope the 3 cars include the CTR, RT12 and RGT personally =)

EA has purchased the rights to the car designs/sounds, etc., for I'd guess a solid 3-year span. Forza 1-3 came out before this deal was made, and Forza 4 is coming out subsequently, so that is why they cannot feature these vehicles.

loganm223
08-28-2011, 08:44 AM
Yea i would hope that EA could find it in there ice cold hearts to let turn 10 put porches into forza but as everyone has said before ea only wants to make money, but i think that there will be enough cars in forza to keep us all amused, but it sucks for the people who love porches

MxPx
08-28-2011, 08:45 AM
I imagine there'll be a Porsche DLC bomb before Forza 5 comes out.

IEvil IMonkey
08-28-2011, 08:49 AM
I read that EA has had it for around 11 years now ever since NFS:Porsche Unleashed back in 2000 so they know how to hold on to the license eh... I wonder if Porsche even know whats going on these days... surley the more games the cars are in means more marketing for the company??

loganm223
08-28-2011, 08:53 AM
I read that EA has had it for around 11 years now ever since NFS:Porsche Unleashed back in 2000 so they know how to hold on to the license eh... I wonder if Porsche even know whats going on these days... surley the more games the cars are in means more marketing for the company??

Wow can't believe that EA has had the license for 11 years, I think porsche knows whats going on but they may not have even been notified that EA declined turn 10's request

IEvil IMonkey
08-28-2011, 09:04 AM
Aleast we'll still have 3 cars from the RUF range which are just tuned Porsches

See the full range here... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruf_Automobile

I hoping for the CTR, RT12 and RGT =)

Barad
08-28-2011, 11:15 AM
Not really bothered to be honest.

Bloodrune
08-28-2011, 01:29 PM
I want my damn porche carrera gt.

Bloodrune
08-28-2011, 01:39 PM
Aleast we'll still have 3 cars from the RUF range which are just tuned Porsches

See the full range here... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruf_Automobile

I hoping for the CTR, RT12 and RGT =)
I was wondering what RUF cars are.

Bloodrune
08-28-2011, 01:39 PM
http://www.4mul8.net/up/files/1268_6rzyn/yuno.png

IEvil IMonkey
08-28-2011, 02:48 PM
http://www.4mul8.net/up/files/1268_6rzyn/yuno.png

:woop: haha, well done sir :woop:

Cooljoe
08-29-2011, 08:03 AM
Where is proof of this? Wow no porsches cuz of licensing bullshit I'm too stupid to understand. Wow:mad:

IEvil IMonkey
08-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Where is proof of this? Wow no porsches cuz of licensing bullshit I'm too stupid to understand. Wow:mad:

Here is the article for the proof you seek sir :Bounce:

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/driving/need-for-speed-the-run/news/6330940/ea-keeping-porsche-out-of-forza-4-turn-10

M49907
08-30-2011, 07:33 AM
What is the point? Shift 2 had 2 or 3 Porsches in it among the 25-30 cars in the entire game. Why do they need to have exclusive rights to them? F4 has hundreds of cars! And Forza actually organizes their cars by manufacturers unlike Shift 2 that just threw a few shitty cars in a list. God that game sucked so bad it pissed me off, but this pisses me off a little more. Just because they turn out crap but try to get in everyone elses shit as if they dont! (BF3 will probably be awesome though)

master_shake_350
08-30-2011, 12:07 PM
Dam I only thought this was a rumor but that sucks for Porsche fans. Good thing I am not a fan.

StillTIPPIN187
08-30-2011, 12:55 PM
Am i seriously reading posts in here where ppl were considering buying NFS The Run? Alteast you guys wised up and Pre Ordered Forza 4.. game is gonna be good fun.

Rusty Knight 07
09-01-2011, 08:49 AM
The more I read about Forza 4 the more it sounds like Turn 10 have screwed it up again!

As for EA owning the rights for Porsche, its a shame, obviously EA want exclusive rights to use Porsche cars in their own racing games, its just a shame they can't make any good racing games.

Deimenried
09-01-2011, 09:02 PM

Amen brother.

This is Gran Turismo all over again. A handful of RUFs and no Porsches. Don't EA make enough money from pedalling "new" Sims expansions every two days?

It's sad that it's possible to own the licencing for a specific manufacturer. We're ending up with "so-very-nearly-perfect-if-not-for-x-manufacturer-being-absent" driving games with gaping holes in their garages just so someone can line their pockets.

It sucks being reminded that the games industry is just that; an industry. Money > Entertainment.

KeepEmRolling
09-04-2011, 09:45 PM
A little disappointed at no Porsche cars...at least there's a few RUF's in it. I will miss a couple models but not a big fan of Porsche.

SuperSkyline89
09-04-2011, 11:02 PM
Just proves how petty EA is. They couldn't make a good racing game if their lives depended on it.

DEG23
09-05-2011, 02:25 AM
Just proves how petty EA is. They couldn't make a good racing game if their lives depended on it.

Yeah, kind of reminds me of a child refusing to share becasue they think their toy is better than everyone elses.

WoH Jabba81
09-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Lol... have fanatec as a official partner for the game with its porsche 911 Turbo S and GT2 wheels and no Porsche in the Game..... WTF!!!!??? :mad:
FU EA! Will never buy any NFS-game again...

H2O
09-06-2011, 10:52 AM
The more I read about Forza 4 the more it sounds like Turn 10 have screwed it up again!

Again?

When has a Forza game ever been screwed up?

(other than the Gen 7 Celica having a higher PI than the Gen 6 GT4.. that was just silly :p )

WoH Jabba81
09-07-2011, 07:43 AM
Again?

When has a Forza game ever been screwed up?

(other than the Gen 7 Celica having a higher PI than the Gen 6 GT4.. that was just silly :p )

Screwed it up... NO!
But it is a shame. Porsche license at EA... how stupid is this, and why did they let Turn 10 have Porsches in all the other Forza´s :confused:

A Scary Demon
09-07-2011, 07:46 AM
Im not really phased by there being no porches in Forza 4 there are other better cars i can think of that i like

Mohegan13
09-07-2011, 12:04 PM
I am really disappointed by this. But we have no idea why EA desided to pull out now.

For all we know it could have been due to disagreements over the Ferrari license for Shift. From what I recall Ferrari were only available as DLC after the retail release, which could suggest how MS were treating EA with the Ferrari license. Maybe they got fed up and decided to just pull the Porsche license.

Big shame though, I do like Porsche and they will be missed. I won't be surprised to see some anti-porsche/EA liveries going up on the storefront for Ferraris when FM4 is released.

Maynard EFC93
09-09-2011, 10:33 PM
Don't rate them tbh, They all look near on the same with only slight differences,

I'll take something like a TVR or Wiseman over them anyday :)

mudse
09-11-2011, 01:43 PM
i'll just say it: forza without porsche is no real foza. flying lizzard ftw!

WoH Jabba81
09-12-2011, 05:46 AM
i'll just say it: forza without porsche is no real foza. flying lizzard ftw!

You are right man!

Bencho
09-12-2011, 05:09 PM
I was pretty much disappointed with the NFS since "most wanted" and month after month reading so many wrong decisions EA is making I've decided to don't buy any more EA games...

I was really hoping to drive the Porsche 918 spyder but won't buy any damn NFS to do it.

epther
09-19-2011, 04:25 AM
whattt...... and i was looking forward to drive the GT2....

Renouf100
09-20-2011, 09:47 AM
GT3 RS was my favorite vehicle for online play. ;(

But as long as Acuras/Hondas are in it, I am happy.

Good man, a man after my own heart Honda all the way :woop:

WoH Jabba81
09-21-2011, 07:16 AM
whattt...... and i was looking forward to drive the GT2....

Fanatec GT2? :)
911 Turbo S Clubsport for me ;)

pined5551
09-21-2011, 03:53 PM

Shift 2 was very good. It made an attempt to ditch the NFS brand, but its still plagued with traits.

EA are being so pathetic. Forza and NFS are so different in gameplay that there is no point in not allowing Turn 10 the license. All NFS can offer is a generically programmed 'block' with a Porche skin. It will not represent anything of the experience of how one handles or drives, like Forza could. What is the point! Urgh! I too aren't really bothered about Porches, but they deserve to be in the game on automotive principle.

I'm suprised they havent complained to EA. Forza is such a big thing to be a part of in the racing sim world.

WoH Jabba81
09-22-2011, 08:43 AM
Shift 2 was very good. It made an attempt to ditch the NFS brand, but its still plagued with traits.

EA are being so pathetic. Forza and NFS are so different in gameplay that there is no point in not allowing Turn 10 the license. All NFS can offer is a generically programmed 'block' with a Porche skin. It will not represent anything of the experience of how one handles or drives, like Forza could. What is the point! Urgh! I too aren't really bothered about Porches, but they deserve to be in the game on automotive principle.

I'm suprised they havent complained to EA. Forza is such a big thing to be a part of in the racing sim world.

I am with you in every point... how stupid is Porsche not to have their cars in the best simulation ever made???? :mad:

supadryz
09-22-2011, 02:32 PM
I don't really see a problem with this as it still has RUF.

Bloodrune
09-22-2011, 04:06 PM
EA just put a trailer on marketplace for The Run and it featured Porches. What a bunch of a holes

Mohegan13
09-23-2011, 04:46 PM
I don't really see a problem with this as it still has RUF.

RUF's aren't the same. The only thing Porsche about them is the body/chassis. Most everything else, engine included, is made by RUF. It's nice to have them as an alternative, but it's not the same at all.

plecomad
09-28-2011, 07:07 PM
not to bothered to be honest all though ea is really starting to piss a lot of people off however i dont think porsche will say anything while there getting paid i just dont see the ethics in using these tactics to sell games rather than the quality of the games which has gone way down hill since ea released nfs undercover

mgorsi
09-28-2011, 07:53 PM
Won't even drive RUF, Porches are not replaceable! but I don't think it will ruin the game experience for me, since there are soooo many cars in the game

Ginjasy
09-28-2011, 10:03 PM
Forget Porsche, plenty of other cars to play with.

thejiki
10-11-2011, 09:05 PM
There will be RUF's which are just modified Porsches while it won't say Porsche it will still be one and you should be able to put a Porsche badge on it :)

JKSullivan
10-11-2011, 09:26 PM
While I'm disappointed that there won't be any Porsches in FM4, it's not the end of the world. What is actually more disturbing to me is that most of the people who are criticizing EA for being selfish have no clue how licensing works.

EA has paid money to Porsche to ensure they have control of the marque in video games. Not enforcing that right is a courtesy, but it is not required or expected. Letting some other company use them not only allows competition, it's a waste of EA's investment to secure the rights in the first place. It's business, folks - just like everything else related to video game software and hardware. They're out to make money, not to make it easier for their rivals to compete with them. Nobody would be shocked if Michael Schumacher was forbidden from driving a BMW in a GT race due to his Mercedes GP contract - so how is this any different?

Oh, and for the people who are really upset that they won't have any porches in the game - I'm betting they won't have any balconies or verandas either, but I don't hear any of you whining about that. Something tells me, though, that if you can't spell the car maker's name, you're probably not as big a fan of them as you think you are . . . .

SuperSkyline89
10-11-2011, 10:47 PM
Oh, and for the people who are really upset that they won't have any porches in the game - I'm betting they won't have any balconies or verandas either, but I don't hear any of you whining about that. Something tells me, though, that if you can't spell the car maker's name, you're probably not as big a fan of them as you think you are . . . .

I agree

By the way, it's spelled Porsche

P-O-R-S-C-H-E

Just thought you'd like to know . . .

joebern28
10-12-2011, 12:49 AM
I really like the carrera gt kinda bummed it wont be in game. First time I saw it at an auto show I was in love. I did get sick of all the different models of race Porsche in forza 3.

Daniel55645
10-12-2011, 01:40 AM
I cant believe what i just read today they wont be any Porsche any Forza 4 due to EA own the Lisencing :(

I'm not the biggest Porsche fan but u kinda expect it to be in there ... i personally like the 343 i think it was ... loved it just sad it wont be in there.

Whats ur thoughts on it? Should developers be able to keep long lisencing on certain items

whats the last racing game you've seen with a porsche in it. It's been quite some time. that's why they put RUF in the game. its a porsche after market company.

BrassBallz
10-12-2011, 02:09 AM
Though I never use Porsches, many people do, and it doesn't seem like a proper racing game without them. Damn corporations are mucking it up for everyone for a few extra $$$. Greedy whores will burn in hell for their heresy.

JKSullivan
10-12-2011, 02:37 AM
I agree

By the way, it's spelled Porsche

P-O-R-S-C-H-E

No shit? Really? It's not at all possible that I was making a joke about the fact that other people misspelled it? Or that I spelled it correctly when I used it as a proper noun earlier in the same post when referring to the company, and didn't capitalize it when I purposely misspelled it as a joke to refer to the thing that attaches to a house? You need to either brush up on your reading comprehension/vocabulary, or get a sense of humor.

drunkdaddy69
10-12-2011, 02:45 AM
i was gonna buy THE RUN. but after hearing what happened i bought forza4. i HATE bullies. EA is a bully.
and they arent even good at what they do. they just buy everyone off. FUCK EA!