PDA

View Full Version : Only one battery recharges?

Darkjay7991
08-25-2011, 04:43 PM
Before I started the game I looked up tips on what to do for the Pacifist/Foxiest of Hounds achievement. One of them was to upgrade the recharge rate for batteries. I was under the impression that whatever battery you have recharges but it seems like only my first initial battery seems to charge. So the only way you can recharge the other batteries is by using items? Cause it seems that way but I'm not exactly sure....

Serjitank
08-25-2011, 04:44 PM
it seems that way to me. its not a huge problem because by the time i need to knock someone out its charged again

Darkjay7991
08-25-2011, 04:57 PM
it seems that way to me. its not a huge problem because by the time i need to knock someone out its charged again

Yeah I fully upgraded the recharge rate so it does recharge relatively fast for me too .I think It would have been really beneficial though if it charged the others though but I guess that fine too. thanks, I was just under the wrong impression that they all were suppose to charge. Guess I might carry some items to recharge the other batteries when I need them...

gealt
08-25-2011, 05:00 PM
It will only recharge battery levels that aren't fully spent. It says so right in the description of the aug. So as long as you don't drain them all the way, they'll recharge, otherwise just the first one or you have to use food.

Serjitank
08-25-2011, 05:00 PM
the developers really did an amazing job making people choose and make use of what they have. most games you dont really have to make hard choices

Darkjay7991
08-25-2011, 05:04 PM
It will only recharge battery levels that aren't fully spent. It says so right in the description of the aug. So as long as you don't drain them all the way, they'll recharge, otherwise just the first one or you have to use food.

I saw it said that but I didn't understand what they meant by not draining them all the way. What I am guessing is that take-downs use a whole battery while picking up heavy objects and doing other things slowly drains the battery...but I am not really sure. Haven't noticed or bothered to look, I just know carrying stuff take energy cause when I just had the initial battery available I was carrying something when out of nowhere they said I ran out of energy....

gealt
08-25-2011, 05:12 PM
It seems to me that the main reason they made if function like this is because of the cloaking field aug. If it recharged them all even if empty, you could pretty much run around invisible for the whole game, which would be kinda lame. But on the whole it serves as a nice counterbalance to the augs which drain energy (wall breaking/silent running/cloaking field etc).

Lucas McCain
08-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Yeah, I've only picked up a couple upgrades, so I'm not sure, but I think some of the augs like silent walking drain batteries slowly over time, not all at once. So my assumption is that if you have multiple batteries full and just drain some of the first one, it will recharge, even though it's not your last one. Can anyone who's further along confirm this? Peace.

gealt
08-25-2011, 05:25 PM
Yeah, I've only picked up a couple upgrades, so I'm not sure, but I think some of the augs like silent walking drain batteries slowly over time, not all at once. So my assumption is that if you have multiple batteries full and just drain some of the first one, it will recharge, even though it's not your last one. Can anyone who's further along confirm this? Peace. Exactly, this is how the cloaking field and the silent walking/running/jumping works.

Lucas McCain
08-25-2011, 06:01 PM
Cool, good to know. I'm still not sure what I want to focus on in my first playthrough, but it's all I can think about. Five o'clock is just taking way too long to get here.

Durdens Wrath
08-25-2011, 06:47 PM
I am kind of mad about that one. I certainly will NOT be investing in recharge ability then. There's no point to it. Good to know there's an aug I can avoid.

Darkjay7991
08-25-2011, 06:53 PM
I am kind of mad about that one. I certainly will NOT be investing in recharge ability then. There's no point to it. Good to know there's an aug I can avoid.

Well the reachable rate is still pretty good though. The first battery charges extremely fast and it's pretty convenient. If you do takedowns a lot or use energy (which is pretty sure everyone does) recharge is pretty valuable.

J4ckyb0y1
08-25-2011, 07:51 PM
Two batteries was fine. Never had a need for 3 batteries till the final fight. Found the recharge speed much more useful.

The recharge will charge (top off) only the current battery. So lets say you have 3 full batteries and use up half the total power. That leaves you the second battery at half charge. That second battery will charge back to full, but it will not charge back up the third.

Nitnoid
08-25-2011, 11:01 PM
Yeah, this is the main point that bugs me about this game. I expend a whole battery to take down an enemy but it won't recharge unless its my last battery... Why? Makes no sense. I guess if this is the only thing bugging me I should feel lucky. Oh, and then there's the matter of sneaking behind a desk. One wrong move and suddenly I'm climbing the desk exposing myself to the world? Inspector Clouseau might have done that...

TheDeceiver35
08-26-2011, 01:14 AM
I definitely think the recharge ability is still worth it. It actually makes the game far more realistic to complete only using 1 battery though its nice to keep some energy food around for more difficult sections, like when you want to cloak and use a takedown immediately.

Giptuc
08-26-2011, 05:08 AM
I definitely think the recharge ability is still worth it. It actually makes the game far more realistic to complete only using 1 battery though its nice to keep some energy food around for more difficult sections, like when you want to cloak and use a takedown immediately.

Yeah, cause it makes it more realistic to eat food to regain electrical charge >__>...

I for one hate the fact that it only recharges one bar without you having food.. i think when your maxed with 5 batteries, it should recharge at least 3 of them. I dont get why our characters always have the 'best' stuff, and yet the enemies seem to be able to do shit so much better.

Like.. the aug chick boss can cloak for whatever time she wants, and just keep doing it, but once you use those 35 seconds, you can only do it for 7 second increments? that's BS. It seems as if unless your going for COMPLETE stealth or Killing everyone.. there is no middle line, unless you only want to carry one weapon so you have enough room for a thousand energy powders

FlyBoy120586
08-26-2011, 06:10 AM
Cool, good to know. I'm still not sure what I want to focus on in my first playthrough, but it's all I can think about. Five o'clock is just taking way too long to get here.

At the upgrade screen, if you look at an augment before you buy it and read the description, it tells you whether its energy usage is None, Low, High etc.:)

The ones that say none are the passive augments like the Icarus.
The ones that say low are the active augments like the stealth running/jumping
The high ones are obviously the cloak and punch-through-walls upgrades.