PDA

View Full Version : Chili Pepper Valve Volley Glitch?

Datasiphon
07-18-2007, 03:58 AM
I am on my second play through (missed some charms) and when I get to the Chili Pepper Valve Volley mission I think I hit a glitch. The part where you have to go through the caramel then hit the toaster to distract the fat guy before you see Linguini. When I get to Linguini, he just stands there and doesn't do anything.

I did this mission before and he there was a floating icon in front of him, now there are no Icons. Is there something I am missing or is it glitched? I hope I don't have to start the whole thing over again!

Thanks

razzleson
07-18-2007, 05:33 AM
I'd just quit the mission and do it until it goes right.

Haven't read about a glitch on the mission though, hope it all works out, re-doing this game for charms blows. (I had to go through the game three times total)

EDIT: Dang Kaens, didn't even think about passing the toaster. Make sure you use your X attack to start the awesome toaster action!

Kaens
07-18-2007, 06:27 AM
It's not a glitch, the icon won't show up until you distract the fat chef with the toaster. Chances are you used the ratapolt to shoot past that, just go back, hit the toaster and go back to Linguini.

Datasiphon
07-18-2007, 07:58 AM
It's not a glitch, the icon won't show up until you distract the fat chef with the toaster. Chances are you used the ratapolt to shoot past that, just go back, hit the toaster and go back to Linguini.

Yeah, that's the problem! I distracted the fat chef with the toaster and the icon still doesn't show up.

moxavian
08-13-2007, 05:03 PM
I have the same glitch. The game "behaved strangely" on my first time here. I did the pastry valve first (linguine's), then the other two. I died at some point, and the achievement popped when I died (said I'd completed it successfully). Now, I'm stuck at 4/5 missions on little chef - big kiitchen, that mission beacon just sits there no matter how many times I play it through, and linguine will never give me another nod to help him cook. Incindentally, if you get the other 2 valves and die, you'll be at 1/3 and can get the other two again to get the "you've completed" it text .. but it doesn't count toward the total, it just sits on 4/5.

I've tried rebooting the game, reloading the save, rebooting the xbox, traveling to other areas, all to no avail. I guess I'm just going to finish the game as is, then replay if the following strategy doesn't work:

1. Finish the game, doing all other missions
2. Go back and play this mission again by getting the first 2 valves, then dying and getting them again (which plays the "you win" movie--though it still doesn't count).
3. Pray for the Mission Complete achievement there.

The reason that this may work, is that when I did that the first time, I got the "beat valve volley" achievement -- even though the World Status says I didn't.

-Mox

moxavian
08-18-2007, 12:40 AM
FYI, That didn't work :-(