PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

KAPiNG
08-27-2011, 03:22 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1751/UPhzAjA=.jpg (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/forza-motorsport-4/achievement/56931-Look-Ma--No-Controller-.html)Look Ma, No Controller! (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/forza-motorsport-4/achievement/56931-Look-Ma--No-Controller-.html)5 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.pngUse Kinect to drive any car in Free Play.
I dont have Kinect, If I want to play motion sensor I would of not sold the Wii for 50$ I won once.

Anyone dissapointed? I know its no big deal but to me that is stupid because No one IMO uses kienct.. Il probly wont get 995 but I will surely try.

Anyone else is in the same boat as me?

Whole list can be found HERE. (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/forza-motorsport-4/achievements/)

Fungidoctor
08-27-2011, 03:24 AM
Same boat? You bet! No way I will ever buy a Kinect. I have seen people using it and there is no way, not for me. 995 game for me too, maybe 985, unicorn cars are hard to get.

Painkiller Q8
08-27-2011, 03:54 AM
you guys are missing a lot of fun... get Kinect and enjoy other games like Kinect Sports and Ninja Fruit !!!

Daniel55645
08-27-2011, 04:06 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1751/UPhzAjA=.jpg (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/forza-motorsport-4/achievement/56931-Look-Ma--No-Controller-.html)Look Ma, No Controller! (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/forza-motorsport-4/achievement/56931-Look-Ma--No-Controller-.html)5 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.pngUse Kinect to drive any car in Free Play.
I dont have Kinect, If I want to play motion sensor I would of not sold the Wii for 50$ I won once.

Anyone dissapointed? I know its no big deal but to me that is stupid because No one IMO uses kienct.. Il probly wont get 995 but I will surely try.

i will def be going for the full 1000gs no matter what it takes

Spun77xLucky Stricke
08-27-2011, 04:43 AM
995g:( i gonna star TO SELL CRACK to buy that kinect :woop: LOL LOL

Moe Marston
08-27-2011, 06:01 AM
No one uses Kinect? http://www.xbox.com/en-us/press/archive/2011/0308-ten-million-kinects

McGoogles
08-27-2011, 06:11 AM
First they did it with Rainbow Six Vegas, now with Forza? How long 'till they make something for the Xbox 360 that costs a thousand dollars and start creating achievements that require them?

Anyways, I'm definitely getting this game but I won't settle for anything less than 1000G. I might have to rent a Kinect, somehow.

stevedb79
08-27-2011, 06:11 AM
No one uses Kinect? http://www.xbox.com/en-us/press/archive/2011/0308-ten-million-kinects

lots of people have a kinect, like me.....just no one uses the bloody things, mines been collecting dust since about 2 weeks after release day :drunk

thoseAREmySHOES
08-27-2011, 07:54 AM
My friends and I were discussing that Forza 4 would probably simply have a very simple, low point Kinect acheivement... sadly, we were right. Time to borrow the roommates' Kinect!

IEvil IMonkey
08-27-2011, 08:12 AM
Im sure everyone has a friend that has kinect to get this easy 5g.... i'll be using my friends to get this done as I just sold my kinect

cutchinz
08-27-2011, 08:31 AM
I'm good because my sister bought the Kinect for Dance Central ;)

ImaginaryRuins
08-27-2011, 08:52 AM
Thank you, Forza 4, you have just turned away one of your potential customer, me, because of this super stupid achievement.

Look Forza 4, No money for you from me

Bloodrune
08-27-2011, 09:04 AM
You're going to pass up the best racing game in history over a meaningless achievement? I like them too but get your priorities straight, man.

ImaginaryRuins
08-27-2011, 09:39 AM
You're going to pass up the best racing game in history over a meaningless achievement? I like them too but get your priorities straight, man.

As for me, I value BOTH game and achievements. Understand that everyone has different priorities, man. You have your own while others may have their own.

But like you said, this Kinect achievement is meaningless.

Burnout x360a
08-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Thank you, Forza 4, you have just turned away one of your potential customer, me, because of this super stupid achievement.

Over 5G? C'mon man, it's far too good a game to pass up.

Sir Goatfather
08-27-2011, 11:33 AM
Im sure everyone has a friend that has kinect to get this easy 5g.... i'll be using my friends to get this done as I just sold my kinect

You really sure about that? ... I don't.

zoocoo90
08-27-2011, 11:45 AM
That stinks. I'm not gonna get Kinect so i'm in the same boat. Only 995 for me and the others who don't want kinect

SpectreSoldier
08-27-2011, 12:33 PM
First they did it with Rainbow Six Vegas, now with Forza? How long 'till they make something for the Xbox 360 that costs a thousand dollars and start creating achievements that require them?

Anyways, I'm definitely getting this game but I won't settle for anything less than 1000G. I might have to rent a Kinect, somehow.
Don't forget burnout paradise.

Anyways I'll get the game but for kinect... I'll never buy it!!

Vigor
08-27-2011, 02:58 PM
Wow, these achievement tiles are fucking ugly, seriously, 90's photoshop styles are back in town!

Chris666
08-27-2011, 07:09 PM
unicorn cars are hard to get.

I don't get it. What's a unicorn car?

MxPx
08-27-2011, 07:27 PM
Borrow kinect from friend.

Profit.

Sir Goatfather
08-27-2011, 07:54 PM
This is a terrible first post for the Achievement Discussion thread. It's just going to be talk about that one achievement. The whole list is fine and balanced.

Harry Rasing
08-27-2011, 08:12 PM
The achievements list is one big disappointing for me!! Looks exactly the same as Forza 3 but now the list contains very ugly arcade-looking achievement-pictures. And it will be no fun at all to get all these achievements because completing an endless eventlist full of boring races just sucks!

The Kinect achievement makes me just angry! :uzi:

Maybe the beauty of the game and the new online-options can save this game, but I'll wait untill it's low-priced!

DEG23
08-28-2011, 09:51 AM
I know i have to tread carefully, seeing as this is an achievement site and all but, Forza is one of those games you buy for the sheer pleasure of simulated driving and near realistic graphics.

Yeah sure i'm going to work towards getting as many achievements as i can but considering how many people pre ordered this game, or even had the intention of buying it before this list was revealed goes to show that the game is worth more than the achievements. How many people can honestly say they wait to see what the achievement list is for a game before deciding whether to buy it?

So yeah, the majority of people will end up with 995/1000, but to refuse to buy the game because of the kinect achievement is like finally getting a date with a super model than cancelling at the last minute because you find out she's missing a pinkie toe:confused:

Barad
08-28-2011, 11:14 AM
TERRBILE LIST!

Exact same as Forza 3 except it's worse this time as they've added kinect. Fail.

ImaginaryRuins
08-28-2011, 01:01 PM
TERRBILE LIST!

Exact same as Forza 3 except it's worse this time as they've added kinect. Fail.

Exactly! Win ALL races, upgrade again to max level, now even more demanding that players need to play up to 10th season.

As for Kinect, I suppose there is a risky method: asking those who have Kinect to "recover gametag" for those who don't to help them get that 5G. Of course this is risky since the email and password are needed

SatNiteEduardo
08-29-2011, 01:56 AM
lol everyone complaining about kinect. I assume people will have billions of dollars to spend on unicorn cars then.

Mongolian Beef
08-29-2011, 02:51 AM
TERRBILE LIST!

QFT.

Recycled list and lame as hell kinect.

Z3R0 S1X
08-29-2011, 08:44 PM
Win ALL races, upgrade again to max level, now even more demanding that players need to play up to 10th season.
I wonder if the seasons will be shorter than in Forza 3 because that game took me around 150 hours to compete. Well I've been saying for a few months now that I will have to 1K Forza 4 because I completed Forza 2 & 3 but this time it will take a lot longer. I'm guessing 200 hours to 100% the game which is waaaaay to much time even if its a great game.

Midnight Malice
08-30-2011, 06:03 AM
I think some of you are missing the point as far as being 5 points and people complaining. Why would you not complain? Basically forcing you to buy further hardware to play a game that is "useable" with Kinect but not required. Whether you buy it or play at a friends house whatever, is irrelevent. I don't know anyone with Kinect and I am absolutely disgusted at the inclusion of this achievement. I can only see this as a huge can of worms being opened with future Kinect compatible games. "Lead your squad through a level using Kinect voice controls" "Get a grenade kill by waving your arm like a Jedi in a ranked match" there is no limit to the way these achievements can be added to games, and I almost think Microsoft would push games to do it if they are Kinect compatible.

I have absolutely no intention of buying Kinect, and I have no intention of playing Forza 4 now. It isn't because I won't get the 1000, it is because of the audacity of the developer who were probably forced by microsoft corporate to include an achievement that basically shoves Kinect in my face. I don't care if you make games Kinect compatible, thats fine, but making a game that basically requires the purchase of additional hardware that is not already required to play the game as intended is basically like a nut shot with a wiffle ball bat.

As for the rest of the achievements, it is basically Forza 3's list with 1 clever achievement and the addition of 2 very very bad achievements. That being import a Forza 3 save file and the Kinect one. So not only do you want me to go through every event (probably double Forza 3's event list) again and get 1st. But I need Kinect and a Forza 3 save file as well? Forza 4 sold out, basically pushing Microsofts new baby Kinect, plus a warthog in the game as well....... are you kidding me?

Ruining an awesome game by gimmicky trash. I bet you see "Halo" billboards on tracks and Ronald Mcdonald as guest race announcer too. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Batmobile with Arkham City Advertisement as the 1st "Unicorn Car"

MxPx
08-30-2011, 08:17 AM
Wah wah wah...all I hear is crying. You'll spend 6+ hours trying to get a 50gs cheevo on COD Zombies, yet think that loading up a match for 5 seconds with a borrowed kinnect plugged into your console is "ABSOLUTLEY RIDICULOUS BULLSHIT ZOMGBBQ!"

KAPiNG
08-31-2011, 01:27 AM

Well from all peoples surrounding me, friends and friends on xbox live. NO one even has it. IMO theres no point in this Id rather go drive my truck then hold some sticks and drive a car on tv.. Then same let say for cabela DH2011 you dont see the gun since they made it for the kinect or gun thing you hold. Id rather go shoot my 300mag at a bear or anything then at the tv with a plastic thing.

A gaming system IMO you need a remote good gameplay/online and graphics. Now forza inputs kinect.

Just saying Atleast 20 people I know in town got new xbox without KINECT. Only 2 person I know that have kinect is its there parents bought it for kids.

Astreon
08-31-2011, 02:41 PM
I think some of you are missing the point as far as being 5 points and people complaining. Why would you not complain? Basically forcing you to buy further hardware to play a game that is "useable" with Kinect but not required. Whether you buy it or play at a friends house whatever, is irrelevent. I don't know anyone with Kinect and I am absolutely disgusted at the inclusion of this achievement. I can only see this as a huge can of worms being opened with future Kinect compatible games. "Lead your squad through a level using Kinect voice controls" "Get a grenade kill by waving your arm like a Jedi in a ranked match" there is no limit to the way these achievements can be added to games, and I almost think Microsoft would push games to do it if they are Kinect compatible.

I have absolutely no intention of buying Kinect, and I have no intention of playing Forza 4 now. It isn't because I won't get the 1000, it is because of the audacity of the developer who were probably forced by microsoft corporate to include an achievement that basically shoves Kinect in my face. I don't care if you make games Kinect compatible, thats fine, but making a game that basically requires the purchase of additional hardware that is not already required to play the game as intended is basically like a nut shot with a wiffle ball bat.

As for the rest of the achievements, it is basically Forza 3's list with 1 clever achievement and the addition of 2 very very bad achievements. That being import a Forza 3 save file and the Kinect one. So not only do you want me to go through every event (probably double Forza 3's event list) again and get 1st. But I need Kinect and a Forza 3 save file as well? Forza 4 sold out, basically pushing Microsofts new baby Kinect, plus a warthog in the game as well....... are you kidding me?

Ruining an awesome game by gimmicky trash. I bet you see "Halo" billboards on tracks and Ronald Mcdonald as guest race announcer too. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Batmobile with Arkham City Advertisement as the 1st "Unicorn Car"
This guy hit the nail on the head: it's about this being a slippery slope and paving the way for future titles to do the same. All we have to do is look at the current state of DLC (extensive pre-planned and day-zero content, vendor exclusive content, season passes) to see how things can get worse.

If nobody complains about this stuff, and I don't think most will, then I'd expect to see it in many more games from MS-owned developers. It's almost impossible to own a "complete edition" of many current triple-a titles because of vendor exclusive content, and it is nasty to see completion heading down the same path.

Maka
08-31-2011, 03:02 PM
I have the following things to say:

1) There's a Kinect achievement, the world won't end.

2) There's an achievement tied to Forza 3, I wonder if you'll need the disc to get the achievement.

3) I wonder if it's possible for x360a to pool money together for a unicorn car, and then transfer it from person to person, to unlock the achievement.

Moe Marston
08-31-2011, 05:50 PM
It's sad that no one plays for fun anymore. I guess the 360 is everyone's first console.

DEG23
09-01-2011, 12:59 AM
It's sad that no one plays for fun anymore. I guess the 360 is everyone's first console.

Couldn't agree more, takes me back to the N64 days where me and my mates would play for hours for the sheer fun, and not compete for 'goals'

Can't believe how many people are throwing a tantrum like a 5 year old about achievements, i'm looking forward to seeing the new and improved car graphics and gameplay, not to mention the autovista mode and top gear track.

So there will be 1 achievement i know i will never unlock. But it has been said before, that you do not need to buy a kinect to experience what the game has on offer. and before anyone says anything about the kinect intergrated gameplay, remember no one was bitching about this before the achievement list was revealed.

Turn 10 is merely open to new ideas by intergrating the kinect and if you believe what Dan Greenawalt says, kinect is actually making the graphics better so i am more than happy to sacrifice 5 lousy points for a better looking game but hey if the only thing people care about with video games these days is posting in their sig how many 1000/1000 games they have completed then pick up a few disney games next time your out and leave the adult games to the adults.

Vigor
09-01-2011, 04:35 PM
kinect is actually making the graphics better so i am more than happy to sacrifice 5 lousy points for a better looking game

You are not making any sense at all.

DEG23
09-02-2011, 02:18 AM
You are not making any sense at all.

Challenge accepted

I was refering to this article. LINK: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-9317-Turn-10--“The-Graphics-Are-Better-in-Forza-4-Because-of-Kinect”.html

So if Turn 10 refused to intergrate kinect you wouldn't have the kinect achievement:woop: but you wouldn't have nicer graphics either, was merely stating which one i would prefer.

Deimenried
09-02-2011, 05:18 PM
I have to agree, if you're so bothered about achievements then just borrow a Kinect sensor off of somebody. If you are actually bothered about the game itself and are genuinely looking forward to it then 5G here or there is nothing. It'd be nice to get 100% on every game we own, but it's not always possible.

Don't get so worked up about console achievements. You can't put them on your resume/CV, it won't change anything.

OWNISHER
09-02-2011, 10:44 PM
This is a major bummer. I love Forza, it is my favorite game franchise and usually the only one that I ever get to 100% on. Having to buy a connect just to get to that last 5 achivment points sucks

Bloodrune
09-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Nobody says you have to buy it. That's why they made the achievement so small, they probably figured the nuts would only cry if it was significant like 50g. But 5...c'mon now.

EpicPandemic
09-04-2011, 03:16 AM
To be honest, it looks like there is not much point complaining about the kinect achievement, because it will be the least of your worries :

"To give you an idea of the sort of time investment that you will need, Turn 10's target is to have less than 1% of players with any manufacturer at level 50 within the first 24 months. You may not be pleased to know that one achievement will involve getting a manufacturer affinity to level 50."

Looks like Forza 4 will be the SO4 of racing games. Cant wait for this =)

DEG23
09-05-2011, 01:38 AM
To be honest, it looks like there is not much point complaining about the kinect achievement, because it will be the least of your worries :

"To give you an idea of the sort of time investment that you will need, Turn 10's target is to have less than 1% of players with any manufacturer at level 50 within the first 24 months. You may not be pleased to know that one achievement will involve getting a manufacturer affinity to level 50."

Looks like Forza 4 will be the SO4 of racing games. Cant wait for this =)

Does that mean you have to get one car to level 50 or does it combine all cars for a certain manufacturer?

H2O
09-06-2011, 11:36 AM
I think some of you are missing the point as far as being 5 points and people complaining. Why would you not complain? Basically forcing you to buy further hardware to play a game

Wrong!

You can play 90%+ of Forza 4 without kinect. To play 100% of the game you need kinect and to get 100% of the achievements you need kinect.

The box art tells you this with the 'kinect compatible' (or whatever it says) logo so in my view that makes the achievement list perfectly reasonable.

Stop getting angry over nothing.

EpicPandemic
09-09-2011, 07:58 AM
Does that mean you have to get one car to level 50 or does it combine all cars for a certain manufacturer?

I imagine its based on all the cars within a manufacturer... so you would pick one and grind it out to level 50. But if Turn 10s estimations are correct, the Kinect achievement will be the last thing on your mind.

Dragon86
09-09-2011, 06:55 PM
In all honesty the achievement that will most likely keep me from 100% this game will not be the Kinect acheivement. It is a very easy achievement to acquire and only requires me to go to Best Buy. The three achievements that will most keep me away are " Unicorn Hunter" (sounds like a luck based achievement and even if you could outright buy it, the costs should be sky high), "Factory Driver" and "Bucket List" (just from the time commitment). This alone is a total of 150 G's

Insanedude
09-11-2011, 03:12 AM
...bucket list.
not again!!!

IEvil IMonkey
09-11-2011, 04:22 PM
I don't get it. What's a unicorn car?

Unicorn Cars are usually put on the auction house by Turn10 and go for stupid money like $20+ million credits so they were rare in Forza3 and hard to come by

Turn10 say they'll have there own tab in the auction house now so they'll be easier to find (but still not as easy to win) and they'll be putting more on in Forza4 so hopefully more people can get them :woop:

IEvil IMonkey
09-11-2011, 04:27 PM
I have the following things to say:

1) There's a Kinect achievement, the world won't end.

2) There's an achievement tied to Forza 3, I wonder if you'll need the disc to get the achievement.

3) I wonder if it's possible for x360a to pool money together for a unicorn car, and then transfer it from person to person, to unlock the achievement.

@2 The achievement just needs a save from Forza3 not the actual game :woop:

@3 The achievement needs you to actually BE THE WINNING BIDDER I'm afraid so passing the car around wouldnt work in this case (see below)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1751/-f0LUg==.jpg (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/forza-motorsport-4/achievement/56904-Unicorn-Hunter.html)Unicorn Hunter (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/forza-motorsport-4/achievement/56904-Unicorn-Hunter.html)10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.pngBe the winning bidder on any "unicorn" car in the Auction House.http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/icons/comments.gif (22) (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/forza-motorsport-4/achievement/56904-Unicorn-Hunter.html)

WoH Jabba81
09-12-2011, 05:57 AM
Wrong!

You can play 90%+ of Forza 4 without kinect. To play 100% of the game you need kinect and to get 100% of the achievements you need kinect.

The box art tells you this with the 'kinect compatible' (or whatever it says) logo so in my view that makes the achievement list perfectly reasonable.

Stop getting angry over nothing.

XD I am looking forward to the headtracking feature... with a wheel its heaven to look to the sides. You don´t have to drill your head, just lean to the left. :woop:

H2O
09-12-2011, 11:32 AM
XD I am looking forward to the headtracking feature... with a wheel its heaven to look to the sides. You don´t have to drill your head, just lean to the left. :woop:

That's one thing i really want to try as well. :D I hate using the controller to look around.

The only problem i may have is when i'm really into the game i start unconsciously leaning into the corners. :p

WoH Jabba81
09-13-2011, 08:45 AM
That's one thing i really want to try as well. :D I hate using the controller to look around.

The only problem i may have is when i'm really into the game i start unconsciously leaning into the corners. :p

XD allright! Some people do this with the controller as well XD! ;)

Fraser789
09-14-2011, 03:04 PM
I use connect :) Not very often, but it's good fun when you've had a drink :Bounce:

WoH Jabba81
09-15-2011, 06:58 AM
I use connect :) Not very often, but it's good fun when you've had a drink :Bounce:

:drunk but only with a friend ;-)

Qonok
09-25-2011, 10:05 PM
I don't mind the kinect achievement so much (since my wife has kinect and I can simply use hers) but the drifting achievement I don't like. Was the last achievement I got in Forza 3. Too hard for me to drift with a controller.

Only thing about Kinect is how do you accelerate and brake? I can see how you would steer but would it read your feet or you would need to move your hands closer or farther from the screen?
What if I just want to slow down only a little? Would it read me moving my hands slightly back like I was letting up on the gas in an actual car?

WoH Jabba81
09-26-2011, 06:28 AM
I don't mind the kinect achievement so much (since my wife has kinect and I can simply use hers) but the drifting achievement I don't like. Was the last achievement I got in Forza 3. Too hard for me to drift with a controller.

Only thing about Kinect is how do you accelerate and brake? I can see how you would steer but would it read your feet or you would need to move your hands closer or farther from the screen?
What if I just want to slow down only a little? Would it read me moving my hands slightly back like I was letting up on the gas in an actual car?

Nothing from this.... the game accelerates and brakes itself. You just have to steer XD. Don´t linke this... :drunk

TwistedFate
09-26-2011, 02:24 PM
@3 The achievement needs you to actually BE THE WINNING BIDDER I'm afraid so passing the car around wouldnt work in this case (see below)

Player 1 gets money, buys car from Player 2. Player 2 gives money to Player 3, Player 1 puts car on auction, Player 3 buys. Player 1 gives money to Player 4, Player 3 puts car on auction, Player 4 buys. etc....

It's not perfect and not likely to actually work without a random getting the car, but it's theoretically possible to do it. The achievement doesn't say the Unicorn has to bought from Turn 10 directly.

WoH Jabba81
09-29-2011, 05:27 AM
Player 1 gets money, buys car from Player 2. Player 2 gives money to Player 3, Player 1 puts car on auction, Player 3 buys. Player 1 gives money to Player 4, Player 3 puts car on auction, Player 4 buys. etc....

It's not perfect and not likely to actually work without a random getting the car, but it's theoretically possible to do it. The achievement doesn't say the Unicorn has to bought from Turn 10 directly.

If you have a unicorn car in Forza 3, the achievement will unlock just after the profile import :woop:.
I have a friend at xboxfront.de who has the game already. I looked at his achievement-list and he unlocked it right after the first race which is before the career starts.

IEvil IMonkey
09-29-2011, 08:50 AM
I just started a thread about the UNICORN cars (so sorry for posting here aswell) but I wanted some clarification on this achievement as I'm still a little confused by this...

On Forzamotorsport.net it says the following...

In Forza Motorsport, unicorns are unique cars that cannot be bought in the career’s “Buy Car” area. They can only be added to your career garage (and thus upgraded and customized) through the Auction House or as gifts from the Community team. These cars cannot be driven from the common garage that is found in “Quick Race,” “Free Play,” “Split Screen” and “Multiplayer.” They are called unicorns because they are exceedingly rare (it’s a somewhat common video game design term for rare or random items).

Now I know you could buy these cars on the auction house for crazy money but he says here that you was also gifted them from the community team - Now I know i received a few cars during Forza3 saying it was a "GIFT" from Turn10 so are these cars Unicorns :confused:

SuperSkyline89
10-01-2011, 10:28 PM
I'm not happy about the Kinect achievement. Not because it means I'll only get 995G but because achievements are supposed to be a fun little addition to the game that EVERYONE can get, skill permitting. Kinect owners does not cover everyone. The only place where Kinect achievements should exist is with Kinect-only games.

Am I going to say I'm not buying the game though? HELL FUCKING NO! I've been looking forward to this game since May, I have the Limited Edition on pre-order, and I'm getting a racing wheel for this one game. This is the definitive racing game, I'd still buy it and the wheel if every single achievement was tied to Kinect, and even then I wouldn't buy a Kinect.

As for the complaints about the achievement for getting Gold in everything and finishing season 10. Why are you surprised? Forza 2 had achievements for getting all gold, buying every single car, and reaching level 50. Forza 3 had achievements for getting all gold, finishing year 6, and reaching level 50. Everyone should have expected max driver level, all gold, and finishing a season/year achievements. Forza has always been a long game, it was never meant to be finished in a week, it's the kind of game you keep for years, the kind of game that all developers should strive to make.

As for getting a manufacturer to level 50. Who the hell doesn't have a favourite manufacturer? You could probably guess from my username and GamerTag but between the 2000GT-R, the R33 GT-R, the R34 GT-R, the Mine's R34 GT-R, the GT-R SpecV, and the Calsonic GT-R getting myself to level 50 Nissan won't be an issue. Just choose your favourite manufacturer and use their cars in races, there's literally no reason to grind this.

Bencho
10-02-2011, 02:47 AM
Good news, everyone...
Just saw it on the FM4 forums:
"The "Unicorn Hunter" cheevo will pop as soon as you import your profile from FM3, if you have any Unicorns in your FM3 garage."

So if you preorderd FM4 and tokk part in the Preorder Incentives program or got one of the 3 unicorns in FM3 you'll don't have to worry about this one! What a relief!!

Now I've just this comment made by red_hammer (thanks dude) in the achievement list here at x360a.

My doubt is:According to a post in forzacentral.com the 2007 Lamborghini Superleggera and the 2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia are unicorn cars which you get via FM3 Profile Import if in FM3 Garage ~ Or buy in Auction House. Now both of this cars are available at the VIP Car Pack.

So... these cars could give you the achievement also?

Source: http://www.forzacentral.com/forum/forza-motorsport-4/37015-forza-motorsport-4-car-track-list-dlc-%5Bwip%5D-updated-october-1st.html

Cooljoe
10-03-2011, 04:43 AM
For the kinect 1, Just borrow one and quit your bitching. It's a piss easy achievement. The list looks fun and the game looks great. I love cars period, so yes I'm excited.

flexin007
10-05-2011, 03:10 PM
I will not buy the game because of it...

TwistedFate
10-05-2011, 06:29 PM

Sucks to be you.

SuperSkyline89
10-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Ya that's pretty sad. But if that's all it takes to make you not buy the game you're not a true gearhead to begin with so that's fine.

MxPx
10-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Ya that's pretty sad. But if that's all it takes to make you not buy the game you're not a true gearhead to begin with so that's fine.

Agreed. Achievements are irrelevant when it comes to Forza. That's what games like Portal are for...cheevos.

WoH Jabba81
10-06-2011, 05:33 AM

:birthday:rock

red_hammer
10-06-2011, 05:56 AM
For the kinect 1, Just borrow one and quit your bitching. It's a piss easy achievement. The list looks fun and the game looks great. I love cars period, so yes I'm excited.

Just what I wanted to post! :/

punker
10-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Yeah, I'd have to say that achievement addiction is spiraling out of control if one would actually avoid a game they've been looking forward to, simply because of the inability to add an extra five points to their gamerscore.

I remember the days when "for fun" was the only reason people played video games.

Mohegan13
10-10-2011, 08:40 AM
My main issue with the Kinect one is that I have no friends who have Kinect to borrow it from.

They are all old school like me and think Kinect is a kids gimmick and refuse to touch it. Being old has some disadvantages. :p

master_shake_350
10-10-2011, 08:54 AM

Sucks to be you.

:birthday:rock

loving the responses to this.

Most of the achievements are just re-hashes from the previous ones, where is the the creativity?

As for anyone not buying this game because of a 5g achievement because you don't want a kinect. GTFO for having a sook.

Fallout1997
10-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Agreed. I know that Microsoft only put that in to sell more Kinects, but that just spoilt the whole list for me. I won't be getting a Kinect but will definitely be getting this. Otherwise decent achievement list.

If people aren't going to get this over a 5G achievement, then I feel sorry for them. Caring that much about Gamerscore. Wow.

SuperSkyline89
10-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Most of the achievements are just re-hashes from the previous ones, where is the the creativity?

As for anyone not buying this game because of a 5g achievement because you don't want a kinect. GTFO for having a sook.

The only achievement that really felt like an achievement in 3 was the drift score one. I tried 2 or 3 different cars before I settled on the Ford RS200 and then it took me a few tries to get the achievement itself. I was hoping that 4 would have more achievements that required skill like that one.

I like the one where you have to beat a Ferrari 330 P4 with a Ford GT40. They could have done more themed ones like that (eg. Beat a Bugatti Veyron in a drag race with the SSC Ultimate Aero or set a lap time on the Nordschleife with the Nissan GT-R and then beat it with a Corvette C6 ZR1) or just general challenges like getting a car on two wheels without rolling it, getting a muscle car to do a wheelie.

P.S. What's a sook?

red_hammer
10-10-2011, 08:41 PM
loving the responses to this.

Agree.
But achievement rehashing is quite common unfortunately. :(

IEvil IMonkey
10-11-2011, 10:13 AM
The only achievement that really felt like an achievement in 3 was the drift score one. I tried 2 or 3 different cars before I settled on the Ford RS200 and then it took me a few tries to get the achievement itself. I was hoping that 4 would have more achievements that required skill like that one.

I like the one where you have to beat a Ferrari 330 P4 with a Ford GT40. They could have done more themed ones like that (eg. Beat a Bugatti Veyron in a drag race with the SSC Ultimate Aero or set a lap time on the Nordschleife with the Nissan GT-R and then beat it with a Corvette C6 ZR1) or just general challenges like getting a car on two wheels without rolling it, getting a muscle car to do a wheelie.

I was hoping they'd add things like this to the DLC packs but they never seem keen to add extra g to the Forza games :mad: The game has enough cars and yet adding an extra 60 through DLC would be more appealing if you had challenges as you describe to unlock extra achievements like some classic shootouts :woop: Maybe if enough of us ask they may finally add something to extend the life of the game

AX S16
10-11-2011, 04:13 PM
w.r.t. the Forza Faithful achievement, I thought that MS' original achievement rulings were that no achievement from the original 1000G could relate to another game, i.e. it must be possible to get 1000G using only that one game; no DLC, no other games.

Regarding the Kinect achievements, I agree its a bit poor that it necessitates the purchase of a Kinect, but I think people are throwing the toys out of the pram a bit much when they say they wont buy Forza because of that.

mcgregoc
10-11-2011, 06:56 PM

Whole list can be found HERE. (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/forza-motorsport-4/achievements/)

Speak for yourself. I have kinect and i use it alot. When i have girls over tehy love playing the dance games and i enjoy it too. I hate when people rage over something stupid and assume they speak for everyone.

Annihil88torr
10-11-2011, 07:33 PM
The holidays are right around the corner people.

"Dear Santa, give me a kinect for Xmas".

Sonic1896
10-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Has anyone been able to upload a movie to Forzamotorsport.net yet? I keep getting error messages.

GordonRonco
10-11-2011, 10:39 PM
anyone had the "car explorer" chieve pop? ive been all over the 458 and AM177 and done both challenges and nothing has popped

East1999Eternal
10-11-2011, 10:55 PM
anyone had the "car explorer" chieve pop? ive been all over the 458 and AM177 and done both challenges and nothing has popped

The way I did it on the 458 was examine every possible thing, open & close doors/hatches/hoods, win the challenge race, and then I just shut the hatch again on the 458 and it unlocked.

MeeT KurTinZ
10-11-2011, 11:20 PM
Has anyone been able to upload a movie to Forzamotorsport.net yet? I keep getting error messages.

i cant figure it out either ....im on the website with no luck:confused:

East1999Eternal
10-11-2011, 11:22 PM
i cant figure it out either ....im on the website with no luck:confused:

Did you race, choose to view replay, and then click on create movie?

MeeT KurTinZ
10-11-2011, 11:30 PM
Did you race, choose to view replay, and then click on create movie?

true.......forgot about that part......thx:woop:

GordonRonco
10-11-2011, 11:54 PM
The way I did it on the 458 was examine every possible thing, open & close doors/hatches/hoods, win the challenge race, and then I just shut the hatch again on the 458 and it unlocked.

i think i forgot to close stuff and turn the car off. ill try it again when i get home

Cooljoe
10-12-2011, 03:16 AM
The list ok, just ok that is all. I own a kinect, but should I wait for a price drop, or is it really that good?

AA x driv3r
10-12-2011, 03:27 AM
Has anyone figured out if the 07 F430 Scuderia and 07 Gallardo are unicorn cars?

TheR3AP3R
10-12-2011, 02:24 PM
Wait...i'm confused. Do we now play games for the fun of them or just for the meaningless achievement points? We played Super Mario Bros. and Halo: Combat Evolved because they were fun, we didn't give a crap if we got five points for jumping on a turtle head or sniping a grunt. I think as a gaming communtiy we lost sight of really matters in a good game...the amount of fun we have playing it.

kk1595kk
10-12-2011, 02:36 PM
I think Microsoft is crazy, how can I get 1000G. I dosen't have one kinect, and none of my friends have bought it. Because of this achievement, I will only wait for the second hand.

Galdius
10-12-2011, 07:19 PM
Has anyone figured out if the 07 F430 Scuderia and 07 Gallardo are unicorn cars?

Yes, they are.

Daniel55645
10-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Yes, they are.

what are unicorn cars?

Galdius
10-12-2011, 08:47 PM
what are unicorn cars?

In Forza Motorsport, unicorns are unique cars that cannot be bought in the career’s “Buy Car” area. They can only be added to your career garage (and thus upgraded and customized) through the Auction House or as gifts from the Community team. These cars cannot be driven from the common garage that is found in “Quick Race,” “Free Play,” “Split Screen” and “Multiplayer.” They are called unicorns because they are exceedingly rare (it’s a somewhat common video game design term for rare or random items).

Daniel55645
10-12-2011, 11:10 PM

o ok. cool thanks. i kept hearing that term and was wondering what they were when the ach list came out. and couldnt figure it out when i started playing the game

Annihil88torr
10-12-2011, 11:39 PM
I think Microsoft is crazy, how can I get 1000G. I dosen't have one kinect, and none of my friends have bought it. Because of this achievement, I will only wait for the second hand.

Microsoft simply wants people to buy a kinect, that is why they have it say "BETTER WITH KINECT" on the cover of the game. They know from showing this game at E3, that people will go out and buy a kinect, but also because there's a bigger title coming out next year called "KINECT STAR WARS" Simply if you don't have one or can't afford one ask for one for Christmas, or your birthday. Btw I hope everyone knows but the Fall Dashboard update is supposed to be all about kinect.

iTz RaiiN
10-12-2011, 11:47 PM

Oh noooo and they wanted you to buy the game the most. Noo now they'll never make another game because YOU didn't buy it lol gemme a break I'm sure they can survive without a crybabies money..

NomoreNiceGuy
10-13-2011, 02:45 AM
I think the ach list is great!
exept there are 3 cheevos that cut down the great part
Kinect - i think this is crap, i own a kinect but im talking about they who dont, if they want 1000 they have to pay microsoft many dollars just for that
unicorn - oh my, really? those are rare as fuck and thousands will be bidding for them
Forza 3 - i own forza 3, but i think its lame that those who dont have it miss out on this one

Great list, but those 3 make it a 7/10 list

Daniel55645
10-13-2011, 03:30 AM
Kinect - i think this is crap, i own a kinect but im talking about they who dont, if they want 1000 they have to pay microsoft many dollars just for that
unicorn - oh my, really? those are rare as fuck and thousands will be bidding for them
Forza 3 - i own forza 3, but i think its lame that those who dont have it miss out on this one

kinect- all you have to do is start the race and the ach pops
unicorn- sure 1000's are bidding now, the game just came out, wait a few months when the game dies down a bit and it will be easier to get one
forza 3- you can pick that game up for a mere $10-15 now, and i believe there is a trick to getting the ach if you dont have the game

disguised custard creams
10-13-2011, 04:28 PM
just go to a car boot people allways selling kinect cheep

martyrdon
10-13-2011, 05:04 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1751/UPr4y1Y=.jpg Born Competitor:

Rivals Mode:

You only need to race 1 track in each of the top level events not all track in all events....

JKSullivan
10-13-2011, 05:26 PM
Wait...i'm confused. Do we now play games for the fun of them or just for the meaningless achievement points? We played Super Mario Bros. and Halo: Combat Evolved because they were fun, we didn't give a crap if we got five points for jumping on a turtle head or sniping a grunt. I think as a gaming communtiy we lost sight of really matters in a good game...the amount of fun we have playing it.

How appropriate these two comments showed up next to each other. I agree with the The Reaper, though. Video games are entertainment, always have been. The points are worthless, bragging rights only. I do try to 1000GS most games I get so I can know that I've fully explored everything I can - but if I can't get them all, oh well.

What really annoys me about all of the complaining is the sense of entitlement people have, like they are owed 1000GS on every game. Should we all complain because we can't get 1000GS in Guitar Hero or Rock Band unless we buy the instruments? Hell, why not complain that you actually have to buy a 360 to get any of the points for a game you bought?

I realize that this site is about getting achievements, and helping others do the same. To that end, I accept that people will get upset and rant here because in their opinion something sucks. But if you're going to deny yourself the fun of playing an amazing racing game over a minor achievement that you don't like, please don't ever call yourself a gamer, because you're not. I think the proper term would be more like 'achievement whore.'

Just my $0.02 . . . feel free to provide to provide change.

DevilDawg67
10-13-2011, 05:29 PM
You said there was a trick to get the Forza 3 achievement? Can you please post how?

Vitality gauge
10-13-2011, 05:41 PM
You said there was a trick to get the Forza 3 achievement? Can you please post how?

Hope there is a trick or else I'm not buying this game, played through forza 3 unlocked all achievements and waited until earlier this year to erase my save file cause nobody said to save it. Bioware said to save your mass effect 1 saves for ME2 well in advance but didnt hear about this one until the achievement list was revealed. screw you

esckalayd
10-13-2011, 08:02 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1751/UPr4y1Y=.jpg Born Competitor:

Rivals Mode:

You only need to race 1 track in each of the top level events not all track in all events....

Thanks for the info...i would have done them all :Bounce:

JetCityCobra
10-13-2011, 08:36 PM

I think I'm going to have to find a used copy of Forza 3 just to get that cheevo.... really hurts though because I don't really want to spend the money for 15 points.

Anthonymrb
10-13-2011, 09:43 PM
Hope there is a trick or else I'm not buying this game, played through forza 3 unlocked all achievements and waited until earlier this year to erase my save file cause nobody said to save it. Bioware said to save your mass effect 1 saves for ME2 well in advance but didnt hear about this one until the achievement list was revealed. screw you

Why would you delete a save in the first place? They take little to no space on your HDD anyway. You could have at least transfered it to a USB.

DEG23
10-13-2011, 11:33 PM
I think I'm going to have to find a used copy of Forza 3 just to get that cheevo.... really hurts though because I don't really want to spend the money for 15 points.

I think i'm going to have to settle for less than the full 1000 for this game, no way i'm spending $150 for a 5g kinect achievement but Forza is one of those games i don't care about the full 1000, i'm having to much fun

djrapperz
10-14-2011, 01:37 PM
How appropriate these two comments showed up next to each other. I agree with the The Reaper, though. Video games are entertainment, always have been. The points are worthless, bragging rights only. I do try to 1000GS most games I get so I can know that I've fully explored everything I can - but if I can't get them all, oh well.

What really annoys me about all of the complaining is the sense of entitlement people have, like they are owed 1000GS on every game. Should we all complain because we can't get 1000GS in Guitar Hero or Rock Band unless we buy the instruments? Hell, why not complain that you actually have to buy a 360 to get any of the points for a game you bought?

I realize that this site is about getting achievements, and helping others do the same. To that end, I accept that people will get upset and rant here because in their opinion something sucks. But if you're going to deny yourself the fun of playing an amazing racing game over a minor achievement that you don't like, please don't ever call yourself a gamer, because you're not. I think the proper term would be more like 'achievement whore.'

There are loads of games i cant get 1000G lol i just get what i can then move on to next game

djrapperz
10-14-2011, 01:58 PM
I need someone to buy my design and i will do same for u

Anthonymrb
10-14-2011, 02:44 PM
It worked out for me. I got Forza 4 yesterday, and my Kinect just happens to arrive today by 3:00 PM. Lol

StingerSplash01
10-15-2011, 01:52 AM
This guy hit the nail on the head: it's about this being a slippery slope and paving the way for future titles to do the same. All we have to do is look at the current state of DLC (extensive pre-planned and day-zero content, vendor exclusive content, season passes) to see how things can get worse.

If nobody complains about this stuff, and I don't think most will, then I'd expect to see it in many more games from MS-owned developers. It's almost impossible to own a "complete edition" of many current triple-a titles because of vendor exclusive content, and it is nasty to see completion heading down the same path.

When game companies' games go gold, they begin work on both their next game and DLC to keep their workforce busy. They aren't withholding content from the game, most Launch Day DLC is content that wasn't quite finished or fully polished when the games go gold so they work on that between Gold and Launch and will most likely include it for free with the a new game. GOW Launch Day Skins were what their artists spent their time doing between Gold and Launch while they waited for DLC to get to a point where their skills would be needed, or in their free time. Some companies may be withholding content due to contractual obligations for pre-order content from their publishers (who are the main cause of Launch Day DLC and Pre-Order Content).

Matt36
10-15-2011, 11:46 AM
There are loads of games i cant get 1000G lol i just get what i can then move on to next game

Same. Standard for me.

For the Forza 3 achievement, can I just buy/borrow the game, create a save, win a couple races and import the first car I buy, for the achievement?

tommy060289
10-16-2011, 04:46 PM
I need someone to buy from my storefront.

Add me:

GT - tommy060289

RedDevils Child
10-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Was going for the Exclusive Taste achievement, had the last car i needed for the achievement sent to me by my friend and then guess what the servers go down and i lose the car, waste of 6 million CR and means i will have to wait even longer for the achievement until i can build up the money again :( almost got all of the Ferrari's as well just need my friend to send some over but not doing that until the server is fixed :/

X V3NOM SLAPS X
10-16-2011, 09:59 PM
Complete the tenth year of Season Play.. can u just hire a driver? will you get the achivo that way? thanks.

Daniel55645
10-16-2011, 10:25 PM
Complete the tenth year of Season Play.. can u just hire a driver? will you get the achivo that way? thanks.

yes you will get the achievemnet for completing the years, but you wont get any experience or affinity for it. but theres an easy way to get those up fast if you go to the forum page and look at the 100k and 50k xp forum. shows an easy way to get your driver and affinity up fast

cmcgregor
10-17-2011, 12:30 AM
So is a dev gonna delete this thread or at least rename it "QQ waa waa im gonna cry for 5 pages about kinect".

Burning4TheFun
10-17-2011, 02:20 AM
Any suggestions on this "Speed Demom"(Go 240 mph) achievement?

Burning4TheFun
10-17-2011, 02:22 AM
Couldn't agree more, takes me back to the N64 days where me and my mates would play for hours for the sheer fun, and not compete for 'goals'

Can't believe how many people are throwing a tantrum like a 5 year old about achievements, i'm looking forward to seeing the new and improved car graphics and gameplay, not to mention the autovista mode and top gear track.

So there will be 1 achievement i know i will never unlock. But it has been said before, that you do not need to buy a kinect to experience what the game has on offer. and before anyone says anything about the kinect intergrated gameplay, remember no one was bitching about this before the achievement list was revealed.

Turn 10 is merely open to new ideas by intergrating the kinect and if you believe what Dan Greenawalt says, kinect is actually making the graphics better so i am more than happy to sacrifice 5 lousy points for a better looking game but hey if the only thing people care about with video games these days is posting in their sig how many 1000/1000 games they have completed then pick up a few disney games next time your out and leave the adult games to the adults.

I agree 100%, everyone who is so uptight about the "5g Kinect" achievement needs to just shut up. Forza is just one of those games where it's fun to play, not sit around wasting your life over achievements.

Daniel55645
10-17-2011, 03:10 AM
Any suggestions on this "Speed Demom"(Go 240 mph) achievement?

just go to free play and nurburring with the veyron (super sport if you have it) go to the very end of one end, turn around and floor it. should have no prob getting to 240

Daniel55645
10-17-2011, 03:11 AM
So is a dev gonna delete this thread or at least rename it "QQ waa waa im gonna cry for 5 pages about kinect".

i agree its stupid to complain this much about it but do you have to be an ass about it and you did click on the thread

JonathanT32
10-17-2011, 03:29 AM
just go to free play and nurburring with the veyron (super sport if you have it) go to the very end of one end, turn around and floor it. should have no prob getting to 240

I don't have the super sport. I have the other bugatti. Any other stock car I could use? Maybe the Zonda?

SuperSkyline89
10-17-2011, 04:09 AM
I don't have the super sport. I have the other bugatti. Any other stock car I could use? Maybe the Zonda?

Go to the Mulsanne straight (without the kink) on La Sarthe with a standard Veyron, an SSC Ultimate Aero, a Koenigsegg Agera, or a Zonda Cinque. The Veyron can definitely do it, the others should be able to as well.

Daniel55645
10-17-2011, 04:30 AM
Go to the Mulsanne straight (without the kink) on La Sarthe with a standard Veyron, an SSC Ultimate Aero, a Koenigsegg Agera, or a Zonda Cinque. The Veyron can definitely do it, the others should be able to as well.

i did it on the nurburring (however its spelt) no prob

Daniel55645
10-17-2011, 04:31 AM

idk. prob the cinque and the ssc aero should make it def. i just used the reg veyron cause i knew for sure it would make it

Matt36
10-17-2011, 01:32 PM

Just do it on quick race. Choose Burgatti and the red/orange model at the end of the list. Choose Le Mans track (nice long straight) and you will get 2 achievements (if you haven't got them already)

Matt36
10-17-2011, 08:52 PM
You really sure about that? ... I don't.

Same here. We've all got sense.

IEvil IMonkey
10-18-2011, 09:56 AM
idk. prob the cinque and the ssc aero should make it def. i just used the reg veyron cause i knew for sure it would make it

I got this on LeMans with SSC.... it tops out around 261 :woop:

Matt36
10-18-2011, 03:53 PM
For anyone with the 'NO LEGAL CARS' Message on Season 7 - Buy a Corvette!

Here is the thread that helped me, for all those without Google

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/4882429/ShowThread.aspx

Matt36
10-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Awesome Drift

1) Free Play
2) Quick Race
3) Shelby Cobra 427
4) Benchmark Test Track Speedway (1st track listed)
5) Race Difficulty - set it up like this;
ABS OFF
Steering Normal
Stability OFF
Traction OFF
Shifting AUTO
Suggested line OFF
Rewind ON
Opponent EASY

Can EASILY do this on the first corner. If you lose a high score, you can rewind and continue it. You can shift left and right once you press A for handbreak to continue the drift. NO TUNING REQUIRED! Use a stock/base Shelby, not from your garage.

Hope this helps at least one person. Trial and error for myself has paid off with this method!

Burning4TheFun
10-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Wondering if someone would buy a cheap tuning setup or something. P.S I need money XD. Message me gt Burning4TheFun

Out of Battery
10-22-2011, 03:29 AM
Awesome Drift

1) Free Play
2) Quick Race
3) Shelby Cobra 427
ABS OFF
Steering Normal
Stability OFF
Traction OFF
Shifting AUTO
Suggested line OFF
Rewind ON
Opponent EASY

Can EASILY do this on the first corner. If you lose a high score, you can rewind and continue it. You can shift left and right once you press A for handbreak to continue the drift. NO TUNING REQUIRED! Use a stock/base Shelby, not from your garage.

Hope this helps at least one person. Trial and error for myself has paid off with this method!

Thanks for this, it got me the achievement! Took me a few tries but I managed in the end :)

nappster187
10-22-2011, 09:24 PM
Anyone else thinks it garbage that in order to 1k this game u need kinect and fora 3?

FamousLastX
10-23-2011, 07:41 AM
Awesome Drift

1) Free Play
2) Quick Race
3) Shelby Cobra 427
ABS OFF
Steering Normal
Stability OFF
Traction OFF
Shifting AUTO
Suggested line OFF
Rewind ON
Opponent EASY

Thanks man! Got it first try :)

xbox360freak222
10-23-2011, 12:58 PM
any 1 no y rivlas mode isnint working

JKSullivan
10-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Anyone else thinks it garbage that in order to 1k this game u need kinect and fora 3?

Nope, nobody in the whole wide world has a problem with these achievements but you.

At least, that's what I determined after doing no research whatsoever on the question. 5 seconds of looking at earlier posts in this thread just might prove me wrong, but, like you, I can't be bothered to look either.

Barad
10-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Can we buy a unicorn car with ms points or tokens?

SuperSkyline89
10-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Can we buy a unicorn car with ms points or tokens?

No, you can only get them from FM3 import, by winning a contest of being part of a multiplayer session with the devs, or by winning a Turn 10 auction.

Or being part of the pre-order thing, but if you haven't already signed up for that it's too late.

xbox360freak222
10-23-2011, 11:54 PM
Awesome Drift

1) Free Play
2) Quick Race
3) Shelby Cobra 427
ABS OFF
Steering Normal
Stability OFF
Traction OFF
Shifting AUTO
Suggested line OFF
Rewind ON
Opponent EASY

Hope this helps at least one person. Trial and error for myself has paid off with this method!noob way to drift u need to use manual

SuperSkyline89
10-24-2011, 12:52 AM
noob way to drift u need to use manual

Calling someone a noob because of how they play doesn't make you cool. Worry about how you play and let everyone else do what they want.

I've seen dozens of people post that they got the achievement using those settings, which is a hell of a lot more than your post can claim.

Boosted 2ZZ
10-24-2011, 04:49 AM
can someone explain to me why i dont have the option to watch or see the replay??? after every race after i hit continue it just takes me back without giving me the option to save or view it... am i doing something wrong??

TwistedFate
10-24-2011, 09:55 AM
can someone explain to me why i dont have the option to watch or see the replay??? after every race after i hit continue it just takes me back without giving me the option to save or view it... am i doing something wrong??

Stop doing this and look at the menu.

Daniel55645
10-24-2011, 12:07 PM

Dont hit continue, go down and hit replay instead

Barad
10-24-2011, 12:18 PM
No, you can only get them from FM3 import, by winning a contest of being part of a multiplayer session with the devs, or by winning a Turn 10 auction.

Or being part of the pre-order thing, but if you haven't already signed up for that it's too late.

Ok cheers, but why have Turn 10 not put any cars up in the auction house right now? I'm looking at the unicorn tab and it's empty..

SuperSkyline89
10-24-2011, 02:09 PM
Ok cheers, but why have Turn 10 not put any cars up in the auction house right now? I'm looking at the unicorn tab and it's empty..

I'd guess it's because of the issue where tons of people are randomly being given near-as-makes-no-difference a billion credits in the game. They'll probably start up the unicorn auctions once they figure out why so many people are being given free money and reset those people to what they had before.

Boosted 2ZZ
10-24-2011, 04:22 PM
Dont hit continue, go down and hit replay instead
i dont have that option this is what i get after the race
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/youngxlos/IMG_2603.jpg

flOOfgOOfer360
10-24-2011, 06:47 PM
I had the problem of no replays when I was using just the Xbox Slim 4gb model. Once I added a 250 gb Hard Drive the replay options are now available.

Boosted 2ZZ
10-24-2011, 07:49 PM
yeah i have the 4gb one, thanks for confirming this flOOfgOOfer360

SatNiteEduardo
10-25-2011, 11:40 PM
The affinity achievement is ruining this game. I want to get all achievements without boosting any of them ie I will not hire a driver and would prefer not to boost the affinity achievement. But to play efficiently for the affinity achievement I need to drive a single make wherever possible.

The achievements are round the wrong way in my opinion. Make me go to driver level 150, 200 or even 250 I could not care but let me drive whatever car I want.

A better affinity achievement would be to get 5 manufacturers to level 25.

And yes I know I have the option to use dodgy methods to get the affinity achievement but I want to play this game to enjoy it and in my opinion achievements should be designed for enjoyment. I could not care how long they are.

My only other option I guess is to lengthen the process by driving what I like and worry about affinity after having enjoyed bucket list but the end part will be a grind.

I would have even preferred bucket list to take 200+ hours and affinity 100 hours.

DEG23
10-26-2011, 12:57 AM
The affinity achievement is ruining this game. I want to get all achievements without boosting any of them ie I will not hire a driver and would prefer not to boost the affinity achievement. But to play efficiently for the affinity achievement I need to drive a single make wherever possible.

The achievements are round the wrong way in my opinion. Make me go to driver level 150, 200 or even 250 I could not care but let me drive whatever car I want.

I agree, in fact i am going to stop going for the achievements. They may come in time but i feel like i am cheating myself from not using all the different cars by constantly racing Ferrari's.

With Forza 3 it was fun to experiement with different cars and I was saving a stockpile of money to buy all the Ferrari's but there are other cars i want to buy and race, so i have decided to enjoy the game and if i never obtain the affinity achievement, then so be it.

chariot702
10-27-2011, 03:47 PM
i had already take photos in all 6 background and even uploaded it, but still can't unlock the "on Vacation" achievement, does anyone can help??

SeanTM22
10-29-2011, 07:58 AM
If your feeling kind, i need someone to purchase my Vinyl group from my storefront. ill return the favor if needed. Just seach "seantm22" and it should come up. Thanks!

EchoPark
10-30-2011, 02:40 AM
Quick question for World Touring. I tend to hire a driver in some races, while i work. Does that count to the achivement or do i have to manually play every track my self and not the hired driver?

TwistedFate
10-30-2011, 02:52 AM
Quick question for World Touring. I tend to hire a driver in some races, while i work. Does that count to the achivement or do i have to manually play every track my self and not the hired driver?

Hired drivers count for all achievements where you can use them, except perfect pass/draft/drift/speed.

EchoPark
10-30-2011, 03:07 AM
Cheers mate ;)

maniacpoodle
11-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Hello boys and girls! I would very much appreciate if anyone would like to buy my tuning setup? Gamertag is maniacpoodle and the filename is Test.
Will gladly return the favour if needed!

sam1ollie1ellis1
11-06-2011, 11:00 PM
similar achivements to forza 3:p

maniacpoodle
11-06-2011, 11:01 PM
If your feeling kind, i need someone to purchase my Vinyl group from my storefront. ill return the favor if needed. Just seach "seantm22" and it should come up. Thanks!

Since I'm such a greedy bastard, I just bought your vinyl group and would like you to buy my tuning setup in return! ;)

Levi2010
11-14-2011, 04:32 AM
looking to buy a tuning setup. message me.

marinesct
11-27-2011, 04:46 AM

Ahh...the Mario days. I remember when it first hit the US on the NES. I remember staying up into the wee hours of the night playing all three. I'm still like that. No worries about gamer points (I've got 20 games and <5k GS).

If you don't own the Kinect, then be satisfied that you got the 995 (or 990 w/o F3) and continue racing and killing pixels. Whats the point if you can't enjoy it?

F4's goin in my collection. And yes, I ahve teh kinect. And no I'll never see 1kGS.

Bencho
12-03-2011, 02:57 AM
Hi friends, could someone please buy my tunning setup? Thanks.

Price: 1000 cr
Car: 02 Nissan Skyline
Name: Sky1

GT: Bencholes

P.M. if you need me to buy something from you.

EDIT: Thanks for the people who bought it :)

SpectreSoldier
12-04-2011, 06:46 PM
Question about the unicorn cars
I want to get a unicorn for the achievement and I know that you can get one if you are a VIP in FM3.
IF I buy the VIP pack from the marketplace,after downloaded and I play FM3 for a while can I still get it if I restart FM4?

hammers48
12-05-2011, 03:23 PM
I just got the game this morning. Trying to see what I need to do to get the full 1000 besides play a lot :). Anyways, If there needs to be some boosting/trading done, I'm on quite a bit. Send me a FR and we can get it done gamertag = hammers48

TwistedFate
12-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Question about the unicorn cars
I want to get a unicorn for the achievement and I know that you can get one if you are a VIP in FM3.
IF I buy the VIP pack from the marketplace,after downloaded and I play FM3 for a while can I still get it if I restart FM4?

Buy the VIP Pack, once in FM3 buy either the Scuderia or Superleggera, import your save into FM4, hang your head in shame for spending $10 for 1 achievement.

Skynet Drone
01-28-2012, 09:18 PM
lol everyone complaining about kinect. I assume people will have billions of dollars to spend on unicorn cars then.
HAHA My thoughts exactly. Thats the one I'm worried about.

Skynet Drone
01-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Buy the VIP Pack, once in FM3 buy either the Scuderia or Superleggera, import your save into FM4, hang your head in shame for spending $10 for 1 achievement.
Does that still work after the initial import when you launch the game for the first time?

TwistedFate
01-28-2012, 09:51 PM
Does that still work after the initial import when you launch the game for the first time?

No you have to have the cars in your FM3 garage before you play FM4 for the first time. If not you have to delete/move the save and start a new game to force the import again.

Skynet Drone
01-28-2012, 10:03 PM
No you have to have the cars in your FM3 garage before you play FM4 for the first time. If not you have to delete/move the save and start a new game to force the import again.
Thanks. I didn't think to just move it and start again. Good tip

Mohegan13
01-29-2012, 01:32 PM
Just a reminder for anyone looking for the Unicorn achievement, if you can beat CJ's rival time of 1:13 you will get a free unicorn. Only a couple of days left though!

SuperSkyline89
01-29-2012, 06:19 PM
Just a reminder for anyone looking for the Unicorn achievement, if you can beat CJ's rival time of 1:13 you will get a free unicorn. Only a couple of days left though!

They're doing it with another celebrity next month too though so if anyone didn't get it done this month they can try again.

francisrossi
02-15-2012, 12:03 AM
Awesome Drift was a right fuck-on. Managed it eventually though, using the Ford RS200 stock on the oval Indy track.

tankbuster
06-13-2012, 07:56 PM

Besides using a hired driver and all, my problem is this, How do I know what I have raced and not raced? I know most all tracks in this game, my question is this: as long as I win a race on each track I should get a achievement right? Does it matter if the track has multiple track sections? I would hate to go back and start at the 1st track anf then race everything all over again.

Once last question and maybe someone might know, let's say I complete the entire Event list with Gold (1st place) do you think it's possible the World Touring achievement will pop?

Thanks for reading and I hope I get a answer.

diablo buckleyn
06-17-2012, 02:58 PM
Once last question and maybe someone might know, let's say I complete the entire Event list with Gold (1st place) do you think it's possible the World Touring achievement will pop?

Thanks for reading and I hope I get a answer.

Don't think so i think you have to do every variation for each track and i don't think that any of the test track variations are in the event list. I'm going through the event list ATM so I'll let you know if I'm wrong :)

SuperSkyline89
06-17-2012, 03:11 PM
The Event List doesn't get you World Tourer. There are no drag strips in the Event List, same for some reverse layouts. The Test Tracks don't count for the achievement.

tankbuster
06-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the responses. I'm thinking after I'm done with all Events, I'm at 80% complete, I will just do some private races on live and go thru all the lay-outs & reverse. Thanks again. I'm going to get this no matter what LOL

JAYSTAMX
06-24-2012, 08:19 PM
Do the Porsche events count towards the Bucket List achievement or not?

Just unsure as im around 92% complete now with only championship and the majority of the Porsche races left to go.

EDIT:

Nevermind, unlocked the achievement a couple of hours ago.

darksprout
05-24-2013, 05:47 PM
Has anyone completed the bucket list task? If so then roughly how many times did you do the World Championship to get it, or did you just use the event list and work through it?

Were you tempted to drop the difficulty to get this achievement more easily?? :eek:

TwistedFate
05-25-2013, 11:58 AM
Has anyone completed the bucket list task? If so then roughly how many times did you do the World Championship to get it, or did you just use the event list and work through it?

Were you tempted to drop the difficulty to get this achievement more easily?? :eek:

You have to use Event List to get it. There is no other way. There are events on the Event List that will never come up in the Seasons.

TGLFC
10-17-2013, 04:22 PM
Great game with good achievements but a bit generic for a racing game.