PDA

View Full Version : Balls achievement glitched

Getodragonxx
08-27-2011, 03:48 AM
so many people say that you can just "dunk" the ball in by using barrels stacked on eachother. i tried this many, many times but never worked. i even restaarted my xbox but this has yet to get me the achievement. help?

fishymole
08-27-2011, 04:31 AM
If you stand back in the back left hand corner , you can get it in easily.
You'll know when you get it in because the game does a small pause with the ball going through the hoop.
Good Luck.

HUUS
08-27-2011, 05:05 AM
I had to upgrade my legs so that I could jump 3 meters. Before that, he threw the ball waaaaay too hard and I wasn't even close.

Once I upgraded, I literally held onto the ball and jumped into the hoop, never letting go of the ball, and I got it.

Final Breed
08-27-2011, 05:43 AM
so many people say that you can just "dunk" the ball in by using barrels stacked on eachother. i tried this many, many times but never worked. i even restaarted my xbox but this has yet to get me the achievement. help?

I can vouch for the achievement NOT being glitched as i did do just that, i stacked 2 barrels and used the 3rd to get on top of the 2 stacked and got close enough to just drop the ball in for the achievement.

RedStep
08-27-2011, 06:04 AM
I just stood under it and tossed the basketball up through the hoop. Got it first try.

Final Breed
08-27-2011, 06:07 AM
I just stood under it and tossed the basketball up through the hoop. Got it first try.

Haha, didn't think they'd make it THAT easy!

D666
08-27-2011, 09:20 AM
Not glitched at all. Got it by standing on the barrel and throwing it downwards.

Stormy2k
08-27-2011, 01:55 PM
I stood on the barrels and just rubbed the ball on the hoop to make it fall out of my hands and drop through.

Job done.

Remnryme
08-27-2011, 02:08 PM
I stood on the dumpster against the wall across from the hoop. Lined the shot up and sunk it.

DENAz666
08-27-2011, 02:51 PM
You need to drop the ball. So jump on the barrels, and just before the ball goes through the ring, hit X to let it go. Was the only way i could get it to work

Milosuperspesh
09-07-2011, 02:37 PM
tried dropping it, tried holding it, tried throwing it up, nodda

with leg aug for jumping and i think silent walking and wall smash

stood in left corner just on the steps from the sealed door/next to the chainlink fence .

a few tries to get my eye in

cheevo popped :D

this was after i killed the two perps for the neuropozine theif and with the riots going on.

Mart82
10-06-2011, 10:00 PM
This was winding me up something rotten. I had dropped the ball through the hole with makeshift ladders over and over and got nothing.

Far corner against the fence, aim in the white, dead centre of the top of the board and you should have no problems.

Morgan Everett
10-07-2011, 11:35 AM
If the OP can't get the achievement, it must be glitched.

my_box_72
10-09-2011, 05:04 AM

Not glitched at all mate follow the video guide it even show's you how to do it trust me got the cheevo

Opiate42
10-11-2011, 03:16 PM
I stood on the dumpster against the wall across from the hoop. Lined the shot up and sunk it.

That's all I did, took a few attempts but went in.

Cooljoe
10-12-2011, 03:22 AM
I just stacked one crate on another, then put the garbage can on top. Jump and dunked. Bwaaap! Achievement pooped!

xKRAIZEEMANx
10-12-2011, 04:26 AM
I, too, stacked the barrels on top of a dumpster. It worked for me.

thereefernander
10-14-2011, 01:23 AM
It's funny how just because your the only person that couldn't get it "It must be glitched" Just stand under it and throw it straight up a monkey could get it.

minigolfhool
10-15-2011, 12:04 AM
Unlocked the achievement an hour ago by dunking it after jumping off a trash container.

Gothikaspawn
10-15-2011, 03:49 PM
Well it's certainly glitched for me, I sat there for 90 mins last night trying to get it.

I got it in countless times so far I've tried and got it through the hoop by:

Throwing from back left corner got it in nothing, threw it straight up and back down again in nothing, bounced it off the back wall and in nothing, threw it straight up threw and nothing, dropped it from the boxes straight through, threw it from on top of the boxes nothing, jumped through the hoop with the ball nothing.

So yeah it's very glitched for me

ElektroDragon
10-23-2011, 01:22 AM
Well it's certainly glitched for me, I sat there for 90 mins last night trying to get it.

I got it in countless times so far I've tried and got it through the hoop by:

Throwing from back left corner got it in nothing, threw it straight up and back down again in nothing, bounced it off the back wall and in nothing, threw it straight up threw and nothing, dropped it from the boxes straight through, threw it from on top of the boxes nothing, jumped through the hoop with the ball nothing.

So yeah it's very glitched for me

Same here, I put the ball through the hoop multiple times, nada. Stupid bugs.

ElektroDragon
10-23-2011, 02:02 AM
Just got it... after 2 hours of trying and at least 20 balls through the basket. What worked was the barrels method. I did not press X or RT, I just touched the ball to the rim of the hoop, and it auto-released and rolled in. This makes me thing the ball HAS to touch or roll off the rim and then go in.

JayShockblast
10-23-2011, 04:52 AM
It was actually fairly easy. This is how I did it:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - How to get the Balls Achievement/Trophy - YouTube

Rajeanero
10-23-2011, 10:06 AM
I built a staircase with the barrels and have let the ball fall just purely from above - achievement popped up at first try.

echX
10-24-2011, 11:51 PM
tried dropping it, tried holding it, tried throwing it up, nodda

with leg aug for jumping and i think silent walking and wall smash

stood in left corner just on the steps from the sealed door/next to the chainlink fence .

a few tries to get my eye in

cheevo popped :D

this was after i killed the two perps for the neuropozine theif and with the riots going on.

Are you sure the riots was on? Because if there was riots, it must mean this being your second visit to Detroit?

The Achivement Guide states 'Point of No Return: You cannot do any of the above side quest related achievements after leaving Detroit for the first time.' ragarding this particular achievement. Meaning, visiting Detroit for the second time would make it impossible for you to get the achievement at that point of the game.

Curian
10-25-2011, 12:19 AM
I dont have this one yet. I hope it works when i get it.

thanks for all the tips guys. ^,^

Aaron_K
01-10-2012, 02:27 PM
I too had a problem with this. Spent a good two hours dropping the ball through from the barrels, shooting from under the basket, making shots from the dumpster, even climbing up on top of the backboard and dropping it down with zero results.

What worked for me was clearing the system cache. After doing that I did not download the update and got the achievement first try dropping it through with stacked barrels.

Killerchronic
02-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Are you sure the riots was on? Because if there was riots, it must mean this being your second visit to Detroit?

The Achivement Guide states 'Point of No Return: You cannot do any of the above side quest related achievements after leaving Detroit for the first time.' ragarding this particular achievement. Meaning, visiting Detroit for the second time would make it impossible for you to get the achievement at that point of the game.

However this isnt a side quest.

ColdSpider72
02-10-2012, 05:00 PM
However this isnt a side quest.

That's two necro-posts today....These threads are dead, the people you are quoting more than likely moved on to other games months ago......meaning they will NEVER see your responses.

Updating info for new people is one thing, but responding to people that are long gone is a waste of time.