PDA

View Full Version : Look Ma, No Controller!

Fredy29
08-27-2011, 07:28 PM
Look Ma, No Controller!

Use Kinect to drive any car in Free Play.

Are you kidding me!! :rant:

I'm sorry, this is an achievement discussion I know, but it has to be said, I knew this was going to happen, and it has made me quite annoyed if I'm honest.

And I know I'm not the only one, this really does suck. The fact that I know Microsoft is doing this for business and nothing more, is fair enough, I can see their point, and I know deep down most people will agree. Its not even just the fact that you have to fork out however much money for Kinect, not me anyway. I could get it for Christmas, but I shouldn't be forced to buy Kinect just for the love of getting achievements or completing games, that sucks!! Even people WITH Kinect agree.

For me, its not even just the cost, they don't even think about these things, they just think about money. My bedroom is not even big enough for Kinect, and I have to be honest, the floor-boarding in here is not too great. It'll be just to noisy, and there is just simply not enough space, so what am I supposed to do?? And before people say, "Just go in the living room", I'm just not going to do that, I don't see why I should have to.

-WcG iFredy29

Fredy29
08-27-2011, 07:30 PM
Its not even like they put a load of Kinect achievements in the game, they just put one, worth 5G!! Ridiculous.

-WcG iFredy29

MxPx
08-27-2011, 07:37 PM
lol @ all the rage.

1. Borrow Kinect from friend.
2. Connect kinect to Xbox
3. Load up Forza 4
4. Click on "Free Play"
5. Achievement

6. Disconnect Kinect
7. Return Kinect to friend.
8. Return to normal play

FFS guys, its not like it says, "Win 250 races using only Kinect motion-sensor driving"

Literally, all you have to do is load up Free Play and drive around for 5 seconds, if not less. If you don't have enough room in your bedroom it doesn't even matter anyways. Next to the very first achievement, this is probably the easiest cheevo in the game.

MxPx
08-27-2011, 07:41 PM
If anything, you should be pissed that the cheevo for beating the game is only 80gs...that's a solid 300 hours of gameplay, if not more. lol

Sir Goatfather
08-27-2011, 07:56 PM
Look Ma, No Controller!
The fact that I know Microsoft is doing this for business and nothing more

Microsoft doesn't pick the achievements ... fuck, everyone's shouting at them for doing nothing.

HOW WE GET MORE SALES?
Oh, I know, people will buy the Kinect for 5 gamerscore!

No... just, no...

Dragon86
08-27-2011, 08:27 PM
I see this as a typical achievement in a Forza game. Turn 10 wants you to try new aspects of the game. They did this in Forza 3 with the cockpit achievement and all the ones related to the storefront. They even have one in this game to check out the autovista mode.

Fredy29
08-27-2011, 09:28 PM
If anything, you should be pissed that the cheevo for beating the game is only 80gs...that's a solid 300 hours of gameplay, if not more. lol

Haa, you got a point. Tbh, I think I overaggerated my rage abit coz I'm just in a debatable mood, but I still believe its a bit dodgey.

I've always believed that if they bring out a a non-Kinect game with Kinect features there shouldnt be Kinect achievements to let the controller players get the achievement or the achievements itself should be "With controller or Kinect", or have a different objective so you can still complete the game. Obviously if they bring a full Kinect game, then they were going to have all Kinect achievments aren't they, non put in some controllers achievements.

If you take the controller away from gaming completely then it is not really a console anymore.

I remember someone mentioned on the achievement itself that they brought up Rainbow 6 Vegas, luckily, I could lend a camera for that! None of my close friends have Kinect so I can just expect to around all my friends expecting to lend one, perhaps I'll send a facebook message out at this rate, lol..

-WcG iFredy29

SpectreSoldier
08-27-2011, 10:10 PM
For me the real problem is that nobody of my friends has the kinect but it's not a big deal though. I'll enjoy the game and I'll be happy with 995 G

Fredy29
08-27-2011, 11:00 PM
For me the real problem is that nobody of my friends has the kinect but it's not a big deal though. I'll enjoy the game and I'll be happy with 995 G

Luckily for me, I just remembered that some of my friends do have Kinect. I see you've completed a few games, so I'm sure you would still prefer to be able to get the achievement, its more of an hindrance if anything. I got loads of games I wanted to complete anyway, so I dont know if I'd even get round to completing all the races nevermind that achievement anyway.

-WcG iFredy29

Shockwave
08-29-2011, 05:30 AM
you could have someone recover your gt whos kinect have them get (if they have forza 4) then recover your gt and change password, right?

Veedrock
08-29-2011, 06:04 AM
you could have someone recover your gt whos kinect have them get (if they have forza 4) then recover your gt and change password, right?

This will get your account banned. The CoC clearly "Don’t lend...or otherwise provide access to your account to any individual." Don't do it.

Requiring peripheral for certain achievements is nothing new (Rock Band-esque games being the largest culprit), so I'm not sure why you're surprised. If your biggest concern is the inability to 1K the game, get to 995G and you'll have some grounds to complain. As mentioned it's going to take awhile to 1K this game, so you're point is invalid until you can get to that. Arguing principle is weak and has no merit.

Anyhow, I'm expecting a Forza/Kinect bundle to come out, since this is probably the first "core" game to incorporate Kinect that the masses will accept. It will definitely appeal to a crowd that's shrugged off Kinect before.

Burnout x360a
08-29-2011, 07:43 AM
Ah 5G whatever will we do :p

Cooljoe
08-29-2011, 07:57 AM
Well, If you are a true whore you could look at it as a reason to buy a kinect. Besides, isn't there a friend or family member, or heck even a stranger that'll let you borrow it for 5min? Cmon it should be easy to find somebody.

MxPx
08-29-2011, 05:10 PM
This will get your account banned. The CoC clearly "Don’t lend...or otherwise provide access to your account to any individual." Don't do it.

Requiring peripheral for certain achievements is nothing new (Rock Band-esque games being the largest culprit), so I'm not sure why you're surprised. If your biggest concern is the inability to 1K the game, get to 995G and you'll have some grounds to complain. As mentioned it's going to take awhile to 1K this game, so you're point is invalid until you can get to that. Arguing principle is weak and has no merit.

Anyhow, I'm expecting a Forza/Kinect bundle to come out, since this is probably the first "core" game to incorporate Kinect that the masses will accept. It will definitely appeal to a crowd that's shrugged off Kinect before.

Highly doubt it. That's not "lending your account". "Lending" implies financial compensation. You've never recovered your GT at a buddy's house?

Minty
08-29-2011, 05:22 PM
Highly doubt it. That's not "lending your account". "Lending" implies financial compensation. You've never recovered your GT at a buddy's house?

Anyone else using your account when you're not there is against T&Cs.

As for all the people moaning that Kinect isn't for them because they're a hardcore gamer...then not playing a game because it has a Kinect achievement- well you have just proved you are a casual gamer. Anyone that won't play a game because of one Kinect achievement should be ashamed of themselves.

MS are not trying to force anyone to buy Kinect. It is the fastest selling technology of all time. They sold over 10 million. Thats like a 50% ownership. It has the sales. It has the people that love it. Of course they are going to cater to the owners.

Even if theres a hundred people on here that bitch and moan....its nothing compared to the share of the 10 mil owners that are looking forward to the achievement....and future achievements like it.

MxPx
08-29-2011, 06:07 PM

As for all the people moaning that Kinect isn't for them because they're a hardcore gamer...then not playing a game because it has a Kinect achievement- well you have just proved you are a casual gamer. Anyone that won't play a game because of one Kinect achievement should be ashamed of themselves.

MS are not trying to force anyone to buy Kinect. It is the fastest selling technology of all time. They sold over 10 million. Thats like a 50% ownership. It has the sales. It has the people that love it. Of course they are going to cater to the owners.

Even if theres a hundred people on here that bitch and moan....its nothing compared to the share of the 10 mil owners that are looking forward to the achievement....and future achievements like it.

How would they prove it? Its no different than me going to a buddy's house and uploading my GT.

Minty
08-29-2011, 06:48 PM
How would they prove it? Its no different than me going to a buddy's house and uploading my GT.

Apart from they have to recover your gamertag. They'll log the IP. Then when you recover it again, they'll log that IP. Things look suspicious, they can investigate it.

They may not prove it...but it depends if you're happy to risk losing you gamertag, your arcade games/DLC etc for the sake of one 5g achievement.

MxPx
08-29-2011, 06:57 PM
Apart from they have to recover your gamertag. They'll log the IP. Then when you recover it again, they'll log that IP. Things look suspicious, they can investigate it.

They may not prove it...but it depends if you're happy to risk losing you gamertag, your arcade games/DLC etc for the sake of one 5g achievement.

I honestly don't think they care. Why would it be suspicious? I recover my GT at my buddy's house maybe 2-3x per week. Is that suspicious?

Cooljoe
08-30-2011, 01:24 AM
I honestly don't think they care. Why would it be suspicious? I recover my GT at my buddy's house maybe 2-3x per week. Is that suspicious?

Chances are you'll be fine.

Cooljoe
08-30-2011, 01:26 AM

Even if theres a hundred people on here that bitch and moan....its nothing compared to the share of the 10 mil owners that are looking forward to the
achievement....and future achievements like it.

Yep that's a fact 2 million units in 60 days.

SLY JD
08-30-2011, 07:22 AM
Is a bit of a pain. I would just borrow one of a family or friend, however, I don't think I could be friends with anyone stupid enough to by the piece of *BLAM*!

TheMaster328
08-30-2011, 09:28 AM
I just had a thought. If you were driving on a straight bit of road, then decided to switch the driving controls to Kinect via options... Would the achievement pop as you roll to a stop? Note the description does just say "Drive a car with Kinect in Free Play" (or words to that effect).

Veedrock
08-30-2011, 09:37 AM
@MxPx: Ok I don't even have to argue about your flawed interpretation of lending because you completely blew off the rest of the rule, the part that says "or otherwise provide access to your account to any individually." Additionally, my quote I replied to had nothing to do with going to somebody's house and recovering your tag, he specifically said finding somebody that will recover it for you (implying you don't know them) and having them get the achievement for you.

I don't think I could be friends with anyone stupid enough to by the piece of *BLAM*!

If you haven't tried it, don't knock it. Only makes you look like a fool. Experience changes opinions fast.

I just had a thought. If you were driving on a straight bit of road, then decided to switch the driving controls to Kinect via options... Would the achievement pop as you roll to a stop? Note the description does just say "Drive a car with Kinect in Free Play" (or words to that effect).

I'm assuming you mean doing this without Kinect, which won't work. The game will definitely check for a Kinect sensor, you very likely won't be able to change to Kinect without it (actually I don't think you will be able to change controls like that on the fly but that's not the point). Even if (big if) you could choose Kinect without a sensor equipped, it'll suspend gameplay to tell you that the sensor can't recognize you and ask you to readjust or run the Kinect Tuner. All Kinect games do this.

Knowlesy85
08-30-2011, 04:32 PM
It's only 5g.

In any case, it'd be nice to have the kinect anyways as you could then open up more achievement opportunities in other games. And it's a good piece of kit.

DEG23
08-31-2011, 02:19 AM
The only reason i haven't bought the kinect is my setup, there is hardly enough room to move about and because i have the xbox setup in the living room and i live wth other people there is too much through traffic. But hey, what's 5 points.

And i love the fact that because people can't get the 5 points, they are going to boycott the game and deny themselves the other 995, yeah solid logic there:confused:

Maka
08-31-2011, 02:53 PM
People tend to forget what achievements are meant to be. They are meant for you to complete certain tasks, and tend to make you have to experience the whole game.

Just because you don't have a Kinect doesn't mean that it's a bad achievement list, bad developer or a bad game.

Did you forget that if you can't get an achievement, it is a possibility just to leave and move onto the next game..?

Suki
08-31-2011, 05:02 PM
no u r wrong they know how many kinects are in ciculation and how many forza 4's will sell and they know hardcore driving fans will not have kinect we have steering wheels, so they are asking us to put away the expensive wheel and pedals and instead wave out hands around, turn 10 have gone down in my estimations for quite simply selling out with this ach after all real racing in real cars is there logo what a laugh!!

DEG23
09-01-2011, 12:39 AM
no u r wrong they know how many kinects are in ciculation and how many forza 4's will sell and they know hardcore driving fans will not have kinect we have steering wheels, so they are asking us to put away the expensive wheel and pedals and instead wave out hands around, turn 10 have gone down in my estimations for quite simply selling out with this ach after all real racing in real cars is there logo what a laugh!!

They are not asking you to do anything you don't want to. You are the one under the impression you will have to put aside your expensive steering wheel.

I take it you are a completionist and that is the reason you are unhappy with a 5 point kinect achievement.

And what defines a hardcore driving fan, anyone you plays racing games and doesn't own a kinect????

The game itself will still play the same as Forza 3 in regards to a controller or racing wheel, you do not require kinect to play the game.

And Turn 10 isn't selling out, they are simply embracing new technology, this is called progress, and has been undertaken by the human race since the dawn of time.

Mohegan13
09-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Does the achievement bug me, absolutely. But so do ones for online since I am not a big online gamer. It's either ignore it or be miserable about it. I choice to ignore it.

As for all the people moaning that Kinect isn't for them because they're a hardcore gamer...then not playing a game because it has a Kinect achievement- well you have just proved you are a casual gamer.

I suppose it depends what they mean by hardcore. When it comes to Forza hardcore to me means hardcore SIM racer. Which means making it as real as possible. Wheel, pedals, racing seat the whole 9 yards. I do know a couple of people who go as far as to wear racing gear and helmets. :eek:

Kinect would be as far from sim as is possible to get and thus not fall under hardcore gaming in this case in my view.

WoH Jabba81
09-12-2011, 06:15 AM
Does the achievement bug me, absolutely. But so do ones for online since I am not a big online gamer. It's either ignore it or be miserable about it. I choice to ignore it.

I suppose it depends what they mean by hardcore. When it comes to Forza hardcore to me means hardcore SIM racer. Which means making it as real as possible. Wheel, pedals, racing seat the whole 9 yards. I do know a couple of people who go as far as to wear racing gear and helmets. :eek:

Kinect would be as far from sim as is possible to get and thus not fall under hardcore gaming in this case in my view.

guys guys guys... you have headtracking!!! So... you understand this? Look into the apex of a corner?

Mohegan13
09-12-2011, 01:56 PM
guys guys guys... you have headtracking!!! So... you understand this? Look into the apex of a corner?

More like you can look into the apex of the dashboard. ;)

I honestly thing the headtracking thing is just a gimmick at best. It may be useful if you are using 3 screens, but on the average TV, I doubt it'll be that important.

On a 32" tv like mine in the bedroom where the console is, headtracking is pretty much useless. :p

Bencho
09-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Actually I've chosen FM4 over GT5 for the auto vista feature which, at least for me, seems better with kinect.

WoH Jabba81
09-13-2011, 08:48 AM
Actually I've chosen FM4 over GT5 for the auto vista feature which, at least for me, seems better with kinect.

Same for me :woop:

airwick50
09-20-2011, 06:21 PM
Yeah, I don't dig that achievement.

Rewbz
09-21-2011, 12:25 AM

That's so much shit, I must have helped about 15+ friends get various achievements by recovering their account.

DevilDawg67
09-23-2011, 07:38 PM
I guess I will have to use my son's Kinect. The achievement that sucks is the import your Forza 3 profile. I have never played that game.

Hawaiian
09-23-2011, 08:23 PM
Turn10 explains why they included a Kinect-only achievement: (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-23-under-the-hood-of-forza-4-interview)

Eurogamer: You can't get all of Forza 4's Achievements (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-29-forza-4-achievements-list-outed) without having Kinect. Some of our readers who like to get all the Achievements in a game reacted strongly to that. Why did you think Kinect specific Achievements were the right thing to do?

Dan Greenawalt: Part of it is, there is the reality of what people say about collecting Achievements, and there's what they say. We have all the stats on which Achievements were achieved in Forza 3. There was an Achievement, for example, for finishing every event in the event list. There were Achievements for collecting some of the most expensive cars in the game. And the number of people who have that Achievement is less than I've seen across all the forums so far, arguing about getting all of them.
So that's the general principle. And then there's the actuality. If you look at how many people got that Achievement in Forza 3, it was a minuscule number of people. Now we have 50 per cent more events, so minuscule minus one will be how many people get it.
I've seen on the forums people saying, I don't like this, I'm going to be forced to get a Kinect. I'm like, you wouldn't have got all the Achievements anyways. Statistically, some people will. But when I look at the number of people who argue about this and that...
I have tremendous respect for gamers. I don't want to say I know you're wrong, I'm just saying, statistically, some people are not quite being truthful.

tourniquet
10-01-2011, 11:33 AM
I have all the achievements in forza 3 and think the reasoning in his statement is completely unacceptible. it's about having the chance to get all achievements without buying a crapload of new peripherals. online achievements are bad, co-op achievements are bad, but this is just ridiculous.

DisputedHitman
10-01-2011, 12:01 PM
i agree , this is bullshit

Cooljoe
10-03-2011, 04:38 AM
Ha ha. Poor people can't afford a kinect, huh? Maybe is time for you to shell out the cash. The games are getting better and better for it and more games are incorporating it achievement wise and I hope they will!!!:woop:

red_hammer
10-03-2011, 07:11 AM
I'll just rent a Kinect for one day and get the chievo...
So this one won't bother me at all.

However... Dan Greenawalt's argumentation is quite... BS!

SuperSkyline89
10-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Ha ha. Poor people can't afford a kinect, huh? Maybe is time for you to shell out the cash.

I love the ignorance.

Right, lets shell out the cash for something just because one game came out with one achievement. Let's just forget the fact that the Kinect racing sucks in this game. No acceleration or braking control? Sorry, I'm not 5 years old, that doesn't impress me.

I can afford a Kinect, but I'd rather buy a racing wheel and pedals. Which incidentally is exactly what I'm going to do this weekend. I'd rather feel a bit like I'm driving a real car than hold my hands out in front of me and play a game so watered down it no longer qualifies as real racing.

I honestly thing the headtracking thing is just a gimmick at best. It may be useful if you are using 3 screens, but on the average TV, I doubt it'll be that important.

Honestly I think it would be even less useful on 3 screens just because you already have a full view through the windshield and the side windows. If you wanted to see the apex or a car pulling up on the inside/outside of the turn you could just look at one of the other screens.

Actually, would Kinect even work with 3 screens? I mean, you need 3 consoles just to do it so one Kinect probably wouldn't work so well. I think it would just rotate the view on the center screen but not the others which is pretty useless.

WheelzthatKeelz
10-06-2011, 08:02 AM
So much bad english in this thread, holy crap. Nearly every one of you should proof-read your posts before spurting out garbage.

The achievement is fine, if you care about it so much then don't play the game on your main profile, use a secondary one. Nobody is forcing you to do anything, you're just retarded. More and more games will come out with kinect functions (Ghost Recon: Future Soldier) and you can expect them to have achievements for using the kinect. Either stfu and stop whining like little school girls or get the fucking peripheral and stfu! You sound like 12 year olds crying that your mama didn't buy you the fucking cereal you wanted at the shops.

Veedrock
10-06-2011, 08:32 AM
That's so much shit, I must have helped about 15+ friends get various achievements by recovering their account.

It isn't "so much shit." It is clear as day against the Code of Conduct. Don't encourage people to do it.

Right, lets shell out the cash for something just because one game came out with one achievement. Let's just forget the fact that the Kinect racing sucks in this game. No acceleration or braking control? Sorry, I'm not 5 years old, that doesn't impress me.

I can afford a Kinect, but I'd rather buy a racing wheel and pedals. Which incidentally is exactly what I'm going to do this weekend. I'd rather feel a bit like I'm driving a real car than hold my hands out in front of me and play a game so watered down it no longer qualifies as real racing.

Not that I agree with the user you quoted, but to be fair you have to factor in that Kinect has use beyond Forza 4; you shouldn't be buying it just for the one achievement. I'd even argue that Kinect has more functionality and is a better investment than a racing wheel, but that's user dependent I suppose.

Actually, would Kinect even work with 3 screens? I mean, you need 3 consoles just to do it so one Kinect probably wouldn't work so well. I think it would just rotate the view on the center screen but not the others which is pretty useless.

I don't see why it wouldn't work. I mean you play with just one controller right? One Xbox is receiving the signals and then telling the others what to display, so one would assume the main console w/ Kinect would read your head-tracking, then send the signal to your other 360s about what they should display on screen.

SuperSkyline89
10-06-2011, 03:18 PM
Not that I agree with the user you quoted, but to be fair you have to factor in that Kinect has use beyond Forza 4; you shouldn't be buying it just for the one achievement. I'd even argue that Kinect has more functionality and is a better investment than a racing wheel, but that's user dependent I suppose.

I wasn't necessarily trying to say that this is the only game that uses it, just that that person shouldn't assume everyone has dozens of game that do. For me Forza is the first game that uses Kinect, and not in a way that makes the game any better in my opinion. A racing wheel makes the experience more realistic while Kinect does the opposite. So far I haven't seen anything that impresses me enough to buy Kinect, but I like Forza enough to spend money on a wheel.

Pazuzu98224
10-11-2011, 01:33 AM
This self promoting crap Microsoft does is retarded. Even the Warthog for a game a year away is just ignorant. Also Kinect is for kids. I have only played it at a store where they let you try things out. I also know absolutely no one with a Kinect and Kinect has hurt or ruined many games. At this rate it will be my last xbox game. PS3 does not put move trophies in any of their big name titles because it is an OPTION!!

SuperSkyline89
10-11-2011, 01:43 AM
Even the Warthog for a game a year away is just ignorant.

What's wrong with having a Warthog? It literally has no effect on the rest of the game and I think it's pretty damn cool.

Elite Mouse
10-11-2011, 03:57 AM
Why is everyone even whining and crying over this achievement?

You realize there is an achievement for acquiring a unicorn car, yes?

That is what is going to kill this achievement list.

DEG23
10-11-2011, 04:32 AM

I think the achievement that will kill us is the factory driver one. Turn 10 said "that the goal was to have less than 1% of players obtain the achievemtns after 24 months play time", or something like that

TealPavelski
10-11-2011, 05:22 AM
What is the big deal? Just spend $150 and buy a Kinect for 5G! lol

TealPavelski
10-11-2011, 05:27 AM

Not really. A few of the cars from Forza 3 count as Unicorn cars and if you go here (http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/preorder_incentives_program/) and submit a photo of your pre-order receipt and your Gamertag, you will be sent a code for a Unicorn Car.
(http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/preorder_incentives_program/)

Lewi
10-11-2011, 06:35 AM
it is a big kick in the teeth for completionists that wish to have 1000G for Forza 4 on their gamercard but it is more of a push on behalf of the developers to encourage people to try the game with kinect. they wouldnt add a feature such as kinect for no reason. some of the reasoning may be to make money as they likely would have been given some incentive by microsoft to include kinectability ( ;) )

im guessing that the developers were trying to add a feature which some people might only enjoy once theyve tried it, without dismissing it before they give it a go

WoH Jabba81
10-11-2011, 06:52 AM
it is a big kick in the teeth for completionists that wish to have 1000G for Forza 4 on their gamercard but it is more of a push on behalf of the developers to encourage people to try the game with kinect. they wouldnt add a feature such as kinect for no reason. some of the reasoning may be to make money as they likely would have been given some incentive by microsoft to include kinectability ( ;) )

im guessing that the developers were trying to add a feature which some people might only enjoy once theyve tried it, without dismissing it before they give it a go

There is a kinect... so why the hell shouldn´t they put something due to it into the game??? Microsoft Gamestudios guys! So nothing else to say. Enjoy it, or leave it. I will :woop:

TealPavelski
10-11-2011, 07:17 AM
I am actually looking forward to trying this with Kinect. I am planning on buying a Kinect within the next month or two.

mcgregoc
10-11-2011, 06:45 PM
look ma, no controller!

Use kinect to drive any car in free play.

I'm sorry, this is an achievement discussion i know, but it has to be said, i knew this was going to happen, and it has made me quite annoyed if i'm honest.

And i know i'm not the only one, this really does suck. The fact that i know microsoft is doing this for business and nothing more, is fair enough, i can see their point, and i know deep down most people will agree. Its not even just the fact that you have to fork out however much money for kinect, not me anyway. I could get it for christmas, but i shouldn't be forced to buy kinect just for the love of getting achievements or completing games, that sucks!! Even people with kinect agree.

For me, its not even just the cost, they don't even think about these things, they just think about money. My bedroom is not even big enough for kinect, and i have to be honest, the floor-boarding in here is not too great. It'll be just to noisy, and there is just simply not enough space, so what am i supposed to do?? And before people say, "just go in the living room", i'm just not going to do that, i don't see why i should have to.

-wcg ifredy29

omg no. Damn you microsoft making me rage over 5 points.

joebern28
10-12-2011, 01:04 AM
I only have a handful of games with 1000 pts on my record and I agree its kinda crappy for people that are gung ho about 100% completion, but to say not buying the game for a 5pt achieve seems silly to me. There's alot of games online achieves that I don't like but I still enjoy the games and get what I can. Some people just aren't great fps players but there are achieves for accuracy or killstreaks or whatever that they'll never get cuz they don't have the skill set. But considering its an additional piece of hardware you need to get your hands on it sucks. Minus 5pts wont dissuade me from buying tho.

MxPx
10-12-2011, 01:19 AM
It's ONE achievement. Do you guys play the game because you enjoy racing games, or do you play because you want to 100% the game? Complaining about achievements is hella lame.

MASS DOMINATION
10-12-2011, 02:00 AM
It's ONE achievement. Do you guys play the game because you enjoy racing games, or do you play because you want to 100% the game? Complaining about achievements is hella lame.

This coming from a guy with only 6000 gamerscore. We are on a website called xbox360achievements that is dedicated to earning achievements. When there is an achievements that requires a $150 peripheral people will be pissed. And rightly so.

I was one of the very few (according to Dan Greenwalt) who got all the achievements in Forza 3. I love to earn achievements in the games I play. The kinect achievement requires absolutely no skill but can only be unlocked by owning a $150 device.

I sort of knew the day would come when kinect achievements would be a part of games I wanted. So back in July I bought my brother a kinect for his birthday. Now I can just use his Kinect for a 1 race and be done with the achievement:p.

I still feel bad for everyone who doesn't have that option though. I really don't know what I would do if there was no Kinect in the house.:(

SuperSkyline89
10-12-2011, 02:09 AM
This coming from a guy with only 6000 gamerscore.

What are you, 6 years old? What the hell do you care how much gamerscore he has?

Gamerscore is nothing to brag about, it only proves that one person spends more time playing games than another.

Doesn't matter what site you're on, that's a childish comment period.

BrassBallz
10-12-2011, 02:17 AM
Sold my Kinect and nobody I know locally has one. I thought all achievements had to be achievable with a basic system and no DLC? Are they not violating their own terms? Seems like an underhanded marketing tactic and one that is becoming all to common these days.

erod550
10-12-2011, 06:28 AM
What are you, 6 years old? What the hell do you care how much gamerscore he has?

Gamerscore is nothing to brag about, it only proves that one person spends more time playing games than another.

Doesn't matter what site you're on, that's a childish comment period.

I don't think it was childish. Someone who obviously doesn't care about gamerscore coming on a website all about getting a higher gamerscore and telling people that achievements are stupid, now that's childish.

And I don't think Mass Domination was bragging about his gamerscore, just saying that it doesn't make sense for someone who doesn't care about achievements to even be on this site, let alone try to tell people they're lame for caring about the very thing this website was created for.

As for the OP, I have a couple friends with Kinects so I'm sure I can borrow one for 5 minutes to get the achievement. Already have the Unicorn achievement from the FM3 import. Factory Driver is going to take some time but I like Mazdas so I'll probably be using them a lot, or BMW, or Chevrolet (love Corvettes). Plus you can always play online with any of those cars to increase your affinity. It will suck if you're trying to just grind it out but if you just drive the cars you like and play the game it'll come eventually.

rekikire
10-12-2011, 06:39 AM
Sold my Kinect and nobody I know locally has one. I thought all achievements had to be achievable with a basic system and no DLC? Are they not violating their own terms? Seems like an underhanded marketing tactic and one that is becoming all to common these days.

There are no terms like that, although people think there is. If that was the rules there would be no guitar hero, rock band, band hero etc. As all these games require additional components. Not to mention any games that depend on the old camera.

prezskroob
10-12-2011, 07:19 AM

50% ownership? Not even close. At the same time that M$ announced that it had sold 10 million Kinects, they also announced that they were well past 50 million 360's and climbing.
While the sales figures are good, market share is closer to 10%.
The kinect integration surprised me in that it was actually fun. (Yes, I have a kinect and got this achievement). The steering was surprisingly responsive, but the computer controls the gas and brake.

41inuyasha
10-12-2011, 07:39 AM
Oh i totally agree 100%. And I have a kinect. But the fact that to complete one of the most beautiful games, you have to have a kinect. Thats just retarded. I have to bring my kinect to my friends house just so he can get it. Alot of people arent as lucky as he is.

WoH Jabba81
10-12-2011, 07:54 AM
Oh i totally agree 100%. And I have a kinect. But the fact that to complete one of the most beautiful games, you have to have a kinect. Thats just retarded. I have to bring my kinect to my friends house just so he can get it. Alot of people arent as lucky as he is.

Let your friend bring his profile on a USB-stick or Memory card to your house... whats the problem??? :woop:

SuperSkyline89
10-12-2011, 11:37 AM
I don't think it was childish. Someone who obviously doesn't care about gamerscore coming on a website all about getting a higher gamerscore and telling people that achievements are stupid, now that's childish.

And I don't think Mass Domination was bragging about his gamerscore, just saying that it doesn't make sense for someone who doesn't care about achievements to even be on this site, let alone try to tell people they're lame for caring about the very thing this website was created for.

How do you know he doesn't care about gamerscore? Maybe he has a job and doesn't get much time to play, I'm in university so only get to play every two weeks during the school year. Does that mean I don't care about achievements?

I only got 22000 points in like 6 years, but that's 94% completion, I don't care about having a giant number but I like to get as many as I can for the games that I do have time to play.

Higher gamerscore doesn't mean you care more, it means you have more time on your hands. People have jobs, families to take care of, educations to get, real responsibilities. Not understanding how that can affect someone's gaming is childish.

dotCody
10-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Somebody call the Waaaambulance!

PANIC ATTACK 10
10-13-2011, 08:41 PM
Look Ma, No Controller!

Use Kinect to drive any car in Free Play.

I'm sorry, this is an achievement discussion I know, but it has to be said, I knew this was going to happen, and it has made me quite annoyed if I'm honest.

And I know I'm not the only one, this really does suck. The fact that I know Microsoft is doing this for business and nothing more, is fair enough, I can see their point, and I know deep down most people will agree. Its not even just the fact that you have to fork out however much money for Kinect, not me anyway. I could get it for Christmas, but I shouldn't be forced to buy Kinect just for the love of getting achievements or completing games, that sucks!! Even people WITH Kinect agree.

For me, its not even just the cost, they don't even think about these things, they just think about money. My bedroom is not even big enough for Kinect, and I have to be honest, the floor-boarding in here is not too great. It'll be just to noisy, and there is just simply not enough space, so what am I supposed to do?? And before people say, "Just go in the living room", I'm just not going to do that, I don't see why I should have to.

-WcG iFredy29

i just bought this today. its because of kinect i bought it. if i couldnt race using kinect fo drive. i wouldnt have bought it. also if you buy games just for ahcieves. you're buying games for the wrong reasons! you should be playing for FUN!

gamerdogbert
10-14-2011, 06:07 PM
I was on the verge of buying my first Forza game, until I read the achievement list & saw this one. I tried the demo for Forza 3 and the handling was all wrong. Not as unplayable as PGR but bad. On the other hand, the Forza 4 demo impressed me in that the handling is spot-on, and the graphics are good enough. I was hoping this might be the game that Gran Turismo 5 SHOULD have been in a better world, but then I read this achievement. I do not have and will not have a Kinect, so there is no way that I can ever complete this game. Why in the world would I ever play a game that can never be beaten? To me, one of the biggest components of why video games are "fun" is that you can beat them. That's why I absolutely CANNOT STAND MMOs and will never, ever play one of them either. Turn 10 lost a potential first time purchase with this one. If I am told up front that I'm not allowed to see the final 5 minutes of a movie, like hell if I'm gonna sit through the rest of it knowing I'll never be able to finish it and get satisfaction out of it.

Nighthawk1024
10-14-2011, 08:38 PM
My cousin doesn't even want his gamertag tainted with a kinect related achievement lol

SuperSkyline89
10-14-2011, 08:56 PM
I was on the verge of buying my first Forza game, until I read the achievement list & saw this one. I tried the demo for Forza 3 and the handling was all wrong. Not as unplayable as PGR but bad. On the other hand, the Forza 4 demo impressed me in that the handling is spot-on, and the graphics are good enough. I was hoping this might be the game that Gran Turismo 5 SHOULD have been in a better world, but then I read this achievement. I do not have and will not have a Kinect, so there is no way that I can ever complete this game. Why in the world would I ever play a game that can never be beaten? To me, one of the biggest components of why video games are "fun" is that you can beat them. That's why I absolutely CANNOT STAND MMOs and will never, ever play one of them either. Turn 10 lost a potential first time purchase with this one. If I am told up front that I'm not allowed to see the final 5 minutes of a movie, like hell if I'm gonna sit through the rest of it knowing I'll never be able to finish it and get satisfaction out of it.

I've said it before, if you aren't going to buy Forza because of 5G then that's fine, just proves you're not a real gearhead.

PANIC ATTACK 10
10-14-2011, 09:01 PM
i started playing this last night. was imediately addicted to the kinect driving.

cpuldnt believe my eyes as i was driving the courses & cars that you do with the controller.

you can do everything but season mode on kinect.

man i wish they added season mode for kinect users too! runs,looks,extra just like the controller portion of the game.

this is my first forza game. great job guys. now add seasons too for kinect :)

PANIC ATTACK 10
10-14-2011, 09:06 PM

you do know you can finish the game without kinect right?

ahcieves are NOT the ending to a game. its the story, extra that is.

you're also missing my point earlier about having FUN!

man i'd like to see you playing my generations games.

what no endings,no scores, no online, no ahcieves! what a pile of ...... lmao @ people like you. you're spoilled now grow up!

MxPx
10-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Can't get the kinnect driving down. I keep fishtailling.

Spun77xLucky Stricke
10-15-2011, 11:59 PM
995g i gonna start TO SELL CRACK to buy that kinect LOL LOL :woop::woop:

TwistedFate
10-16-2011, 01:11 AM
Turn 10 lost a potential first time purchase with this one. If I am told up front that I'm not allowed to see the final 5 minutes of a movie, like hell if I'm gonna sit through the rest of it knowing I'll never be able to finish it and get satisfaction out of it.

No, actually it's like going to a movie and being told up front that they are out of popcorn. Nice to have, but totally optional and doesn't affect the movie whatsoever.

SuperSkyline89
10-16-2011, 01:20 AM
No, actually it's like going to a movie and being told up front that they are out of popcorn. Nice to have, but totally optional and doesn't affect the movie whatsoever.

+1

I actually remember the days when games didn't have achievements, games were no less fun.

Talking about them on online forums was a much better experience though, back then people just cared about the game itself.

Matt36
10-16-2011, 12:22 PM
+1

I actually remember the days when games didn't have achievements, games were no less fun.

Talking about them on online forums was a much better experience though, back then people just cared about the game itself.

Then why are you member of an achievement forum/site? They add an added dimension to games, and I bet Sony, Nintendo, Sega etc wish they thought of it years ago ;)

But thats neither here nor there. Would rather laugh at the thread name and someone thinking you couldn't use a controller for Forza...

TwistedFate
10-16-2011, 02:37 PM
Then why are you member of an achievement forum/site?

Maybe because we like achievements. We like getting them. We just think it's retarded that a lot of people have decided that Achievements dictate what and how they play. It's not about the game anymore for these people, it's about getting 1K on every game. If this means not playing a game they would enjoy for hours because of 1 achievement, they're fine with that. If it means playing a game they wouldn't normally look twice at, because it has easy achievements, they're fine with that.

They won't buy DLC unless it has Achievements. They will buy DLC when it has Achievements only because it messes up their 1K.

Bottom line, this is an ACHIEVEMENT site, not a COMPLETIONIST site.

AshleeK
10-16-2011, 03:48 PM
I rally don't understand the whining about this game having Kinect features. From what I played in a store, Kinect doesn't add much but it's pretty fun. I had a go on 'quick race' mode using Kinect to steer, and it seemed really fun and casual. Nothing that non-Kinect owners will miss, just something extra for those that want to make the most of their new hardware. When I finally get Kinect (maybe in the next few weeks), I'll definitely be giving Forza a whirl using it. But it's by no means a be-all-end-all of the experience. The vast, vast majority of the game doesn't need Kinect at all. I'm absolutely loving this game, and if there are people that really choose to miss out over 5:gsicon: then it's really their loss. And, quite franky, rather sad.

SuperSkyline89
10-16-2011, 04:15 PM
Then why are you member of an achievement forum/site? They add an added dimension to games, and I bet Sony, Nintendo, Sega etc wish they thought of it years ago ;)

But thats neither here nor there. Would rather laugh at the thread name and someone thinking you couldn't use a controller for Forza...

Go take a look at my achievement list before you make some moronic statement. Aside from Forza 4 I have 94% completion in achievements. I like achievements, they give me something to do once I've beat the game and I like that sometimes they give me a challenge that I would otherwise never bother with.

But I actually realize that my Gamerscore means nothing. It's not going to get me a job, buy me a CTS-V Wagon, or raise my future family. The mechanical engineering degree I'm going to have at the end of the school year is going to do that. That's why I find people that are totally obsessed with achievements sad, because they have no clue what's really important.

I'm here because I love Forza, because it's the single best racing game you can get on a console. I'm here because I like to show people the designs I've made in the Livery Editor. I'm here because I like to help people out by giving them tips for the game. And, I'm here because I like to keep track of which achievements I have and in the case of other games how I can get the ones I don't have.

Matt36
10-16-2011, 05:08 PM
Fucking hilarious! :drunk

Go to the Forza forums then. This a forum for people who are passionate for achievements. Which makes me question why you even signed up here? Just pointless to come here and bash achievements and the members.

BoooDave
10-16-2011, 09:59 PM
This visit to x360a is my first attempt at looking at the achievements for Forza4, so I didn't know for sure there would be a kinect achievement.... but let's be honest....we all expected it. Most games from now on are likely to do it, especially if they feel the kinect adds something to gameplay, or adds something to the marketing appeal of the game. In this case, people will be saying "wow, look...you steer just like a real car!!!, wow" (for 5 minutes, until you realise why everyone else in the game is beating you....and you pick the pad back up again).

BUT....It could be a lot worse, so I wouldn't complain too much.

I'm pleased to see (well, I'm guessing from what I've read in this thread) that there's only 1 achievement and it's not worth much. We can do everything else, and get almost all of the points, then in a year or 2 when people are getting rid of kinects, if anyone is still bitter about those missing 5 points, we can pick up a kinect on ebay for a couple of pounds, just to get all these crappy little achievements in all the games that do it.

Call me Mr. Happy today. Usually I'd be moaning about this with the rest of you.

PRSfloods
10-16-2011, 11:46 PM
Luckily my wife's little brother stays with us a lot and he brings his Kinect over. So last time they were playing i said. "I wanna play for 5 minutes and you can have it back." Lol

cmcgregor
10-17-2011, 12:35 AM
This self promoting crap Microsoft does is retarded. Even the Warthog for a game a year away is just ignorant. Also Kinect is for kids. I have only played it at a store where they let you try things out. I also know absolutely no one with a Kinect and Kinect has hurt or ruined many games. At this rate it will be my last xbox game. PS3 does not put move trophies in any of their big name titles because it is an OPTION!!

then get a ps3 and leave the 360 achievement site. And take the other crybabies with you.

Hazell13
10-18-2011, 05:27 PM
I have to say I have a kinect and don't like it with driving games, so got this achie out the way at the start, also got "Perfect Turn" and "welcome to Forza" for good measure but would not use the kinect again.

Pazuzu98224
10-30-2011, 12:29 AM
then get a ps3 and leave the 360 achievement site. And take the other crybabies with you.

Already have a PS3 and it is far better than my 360. Also they don't need to con people into buying stuff.