PDA

View Full Version : Reload speed upgrades for Gun Nut

Marriott
08-27-2011, 11:33 PM
Right now I'm on my second playthrough so I don't really want to hack everything and look everywhere to find upgrades. Basically I'm just doing an "missing achievement run".

I'm currently missing two reload speed upgrades for either the double-barrel shotgun or tranq rifle to get the achievement. I was wondering if anyone has more info on where to find those. I found one in the police station, in a locker by the morgue.

I've checked the merchants in Detroit and one in China and they don't sell them (at this point). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Just found one reload speed upgrade in a garage just west of the Hung Hao Hotel. Only one more to go

strawberry
08-28-2011, 05:13 AM
Perhaps everyone should post where they find reload speed upgrades for the tranq gun. That would be the easiest way to get this achievement.

JimmyPlacid
08-28-2011, 06:29 AM
i found two more:

Tai Young Medical:
next to the first unique ebook
from rokkyrok's guide: "Shortly after the electric floor and before the 2nd elevator, look for a vent to the left of the elevator (need Icarus)."

Omega Ranch:
when you start in the warehouse in the area with the 3 scientists go along the right side of the map, through a fence (heavy object in the way) and enter the building through the window at the end. the upgrade is in the next room directly west of the room where you are at. ...need to hack the door.

so now we ve got 4 upgrades in this thread ...should be more than necessary

Prelude2disastr
08-28-2011, 09:36 AM
i found two more:

Tai Young Medical:
from rokkyrok's guide: "Shortly after the electric floor and before the 2nd elevator, look for a vent to the left of the elevator (need Icarus)."

Omega Ranch:
when you start in the warehouse in the area with the 3 scientists go along the right side of the map, through a fence (heavy object in the way) and enter the building through the window at the end. the upgrade is in the next room directly west of the room where you are at. ...need to hack the door.

What type of weapons are they for though? As certain upgrades align to certain weapon types. For instance, I'm fully upgrading the Machine Pistol and only 4 of the 12 upgrades I've picked up actually relate to it.

JimmyPlacid
08-28-2011, 10:23 AM
Those reload speed upgrades are for "most handguns, rifles, and combat firearms".
Take a look at your machine gun where you see its stats in your inventory. There you can see how many of reload speed upgrades you will need or if you can upgrade reload time at all. (by those yellow shaded things)
But for "Gun Nut" the easiest way is to fully upgrade the tranquilizer rifle, cause it only needs 3 speed reload upgrades and none of the others.

JuSt BLaZe
08-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Very good thread. :cool:

As stupid as I'm are I put all my upgrades on my PISTOL which was a total fail. I'm @ Detroit II now and still upgrading this damn thing. That's why I'm going to reload or restart the game later on for this achievement & of course this time with the tranq rifle.

I'm also pretty sure the shop in Detroit sells a reload-upgrade, same goes for Detroit II.

JimmyPlacid
08-28-2011, 10:54 AM
You can still get Gun Nut with the tranquilizer rifle. Get the upgrade in the morque locker (police station) in Detroit 2 and the upgrade in hengsha 2 in the garage besides the brothel. The last one would be the one i described above at omega ranch. Sorry if i spoiled you with hengsha 2.

JuSt BLaZe
08-28-2011, 11:06 AM
You can still get Gun Nut with the tranquilizer rifle. Get the upgrade in the morque locker (police station) in Detroit 2 and the upgrade in hengsha 2 in the garage besides the brothel. The last one would be the one i described above at omega ranch. Sorry if i spoiled you with hengsha 2.

Yeah I was thinking about that. Thanks for tips, will probably do so and no worries about the spoiler, I'm cool with that. ;)

rokkyrok
08-28-2011, 01:51 PM
There's also a reload upgrade in the building where you plant Tong's bomb.
Opposite of where you plant it, is a walkway or enter this building by taking out the sniper and hacking the door.

JuSt BLaZe
08-28-2011, 02:01 PM
Opposite of where you plant it, is a walkway or enter this building by taking out the sniper and hacking the door.

Alrighty then, thanks! I'll get this one instead of the one supposed to be in the Police Station Morgue in Detroit II since I can't access it anymore, every way inside is blocked.

Marriott
08-28-2011, 02:05 PM
Thanks for sharing your finds. I'm right at Tai Young Medical now so the achievement shouldn't be far away now :)

Quickdraw
08-28-2011, 06:42 PM
i read the traq gun needs a target leading system as well is this wrong?

JuSt BLaZe
08-28-2011, 06:52 PM
i read the traq gun needs a target leading system as well is this wrong?

Yeah that's true but this upgrade/module will sooner or later show up in one of the shops. Sorry can't tell you which one it was exactly.

Quickdraw
08-28-2011, 07:05 PM
Yeah that's true but this upgrade/module will sooner or later show up in one of the shops. Sorry can't tell you which one it was exactly.

gunna need to check then doing hardest difficulty, no kills and no alarms so upgrading would be ideal. i went back into the police station b4 i left for the next hub so that's one down.

LoIQ
08-28-2011, 07:24 PM
There's one in the FEMA facility on level -4. It's in the small room with the security hub computer on the west side. Bottom of the bookshelf behind a cardboard box. This is right after Pritchard tells you it looks like they're clearing out.

JuSt BLaZe
08-28-2011, 07:42 PM

Omega Ranch:

Just wanna say thank you again to these guys and also CONFIRM THE LOCATIONS. Got the achievement now, since I started badly by upgrading the stupid Pistol instead of the easy Tranq Rifle.

Ps.: The one upgrade in Omega Ranch is also in the same room where the Final Fantasy XXVII poster is, what everyone is talking about hehe.

cra
08-28-2011, 08:38 PM
i found two more:

Tai Young Medical:

Omega Ranch:

found another one in the fema barracks. once you passed the locker rooms you can stumble upon the security booth with the hub for the cameras etc. from where you enter the room, there are two racks with stuff and the farther one is blocked by two boxes, remove these and grab the upgrade.

Attikus
08-28-2011, 09:46 PM
I found that Grayson was also selling a reload upgrade in Detroit 2 as well.

Fyr3x
08-31-2011, 09:25 PM
There is also one reloadspeed-kit at the lowest level of picus. Right befor you meet Eliza Cassan, after coming down the stairs, itīs in the first room left in a locker.

Bearded Bugs
09-01-2011, 02:08 AM
Can't believe I wasted four reload upgrades on the damn combat rifle.

My tranq rifle only needs two more reload upgrades, but I'm at the Hangsha Seaport at the moment; so does anyone know of any reload upgrades after this point? No spoilers please!

JuSt BLaZe
09-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Can't believe I wasted four reload upgrades on the damn combat rifle.

My tranq rifle only needs two more reload upgrades, but I'm at the Hangsha Seaport at the moment; so does anyone know of any reload upgrades after this point? No spoilers please!

Without spoilers, YES 100% sure about two of them. One where you @ right now and the other in the beginning of the next location/mission. So you're good to go, just read the posts above you and you know where! ;)

Bearded Bugs
09-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Without spoilers, YES 100% sure about two of them. One where you @ right now and the other in the beginning of the next location/mission. So you're good to go, just read the posts above you and you know where! ;)

Alright thanks! I'm assuming the Omega Ranch is after this point?

Opiate42
09-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Haha, yah I did the pistol my first play too, by the end, dumping absolutely everything I could onto it, still missing a single damage upgrade. Annoying but was a very effective little weapon though :)

Now on my no-kill no-alarms on Hard. So far not as trying to my patience as I'd thought, but still haven't gotten into the shit yet so we'll see. ;)

Thanks for the locations everyone, I just have to remember to keep checking the shops for the target leading system.

Psycho Jesters
09-01-2011, 05:35 PM
If you go to derelict row and enter from the front near Jenny and go left to the fire escape and go to the very top (requires jump Aug) using the grey ac units its in an open face box.

Bearded Bugs
09-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Omega Ranch:

Thanks for these two locations guys, just got the achievement.

Davis4ever
12-21-2011, 10:14 AM

I just got my full upgrade.

I had to start from Detroit 2, and I was going to get my final Reload Speed from the Tong's Bomb drop location.

Luckily, right after you meet with Tong and you can access the Sewers on your way to the next mission, you run into some gangster's and a computer. (Right where you crawl through the long tunnel)

The guy right beside the computer, Lu Ping Rong, is an arms dealer. He had a Reload Speed upgrade. Saves 10 mins. Hope this helps!